Diseased Neo-Pagans / Witches on the Internet / Witchblr - SMT IRL, but with fatties

PunchCat

In a just world, we all have a thread here
kiwifarms.net
Why is it that all these girls have “abusive exes”? Seriously, they all claim to have “survived” a “toxic relationship” at some point. Makes me thunk.
Only click below if you have alcohol handy.

This topic is extremely complex and in my opinion probably not suited to discussion on this thread. Ask five licensed shrinks and you'll get nine different answers. And all that is assuming the individuals in question aren't just lying for internet credibility. Or aren't stretching the definition of toxic or abusive for similar reasons.

An amusing irony is that so many fairy tales warn against precisely this kind of thinking by using the fae as a metaphor. Beautiful foreign knights, alluring elvish ladies, enticing but elusive wisps, wishes that become curses- it's all a warning against seductive lies which claim to give happiness without any price. Fae stories often encourage thinking about how there is always a price to be paid and whether the wish is truly worth the cost; this story does the absolute opposite. Self indulgent bullshit.

Flexo

Don't blame me. I voted for HK-47.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
This topic is extremely complex and in my opinion probably not suited to discussion on this thread. Ask five licensed shrinks and you'll get nine different answers. And all that is assuming the individuals in question aren't just lying for internet credibility. Or aren't stretching the definition of toxic or abusive for similar reasons.

All happy families are alike; each unhappy family is unhappy in its own way.
Leo Tolstoy , Anna Karenina

But it wouldn't surprise me if some of these "abuses" was being told "no" once.

NoReturn

CEO Wash & Smash llc.
kiwifarms.net
I'm going to spoiler my off-topic commentary below for length.
Because not all native tribes think the same way.
I've said this before in another thread, but there is a whole subsection of the English-speaking world (yeah that's right, you don't get a pass on this one, commonwealth countries, the internet is a thing) who sees "minorities" as things/a collective, yet attempts to pass themselves off as "more woke" because of it. What's worse is that within their own culture this point of view is morally correct.
If one of these people like we see on tumblr were to encounter a stranger who looked like this:
Wenona Benally Baldenegro.jpg

Their first instinct might be to assume she was Mexican, then if they knew she was native, they might start making more assumptions about her religion, her culture, etc.
Which is retarded, because this isn't some random native lady I chose. The photo above is Wenona Benally; a Navajo politician from Arizona. Making dumbass assumptions about her based on her being native actually harms her political career. Way to go, dumbasses.
And all that is assuming the individuals in question aren't just lying for internet credibility. Or aren't stretching the definition of toxic or abusive for similar reasons.
This kind of thing strikes me as another example of the internet's penchant for self-diagnosis. You constantly see people online saying "Woe is me, who would ever WANT to be a victim/have this illness/what-have-you" as if everyone else is too stupid to see that - at least online - being a victim or a patient gives you privileges that a normie would not.
There's also a real hostility on places like tumblr, twitter, and now TikTok towards people who are "normal". From "down with cis" to "Imagine being neurotypical, can't relate.", being not-X grants you a whole community.
And so, headaches become "migraines", a dumb ex or incompatible relationship becomes an "abuser", a lack of self control becomes "binge eating disorder", nervousness becomes "anxiety disorder", and spirituality becomes witchcraft.
Fae stories often encourage thinking about how there is always a price to be paid and whether the wish is truly worth the cost; this story does the absolute opposite. Self indulgent bullshit.
Dunno about @NoReturn but it certainly bugged me as turning the Fae into the equivalent of mystical "McDonald's" who just live to serve you. Especially as traditionally they were old school tricksters who never gave you what you wanted. It's just more narcissism. "Oh normally I trick and beguile people and make their lives miserable, but YOU, I'm going to give you everything you ever wanted because you're just so darn awesome and oppressed by society."
I'll elaborate more on this below, but I'm in agreement with both of you. The European traditions (and strangely, certain Korean and norther Japanese traditions) of which the small folk are a part are meant to illustrate and build upon our relationships with other people; both those that look like us and those that do not.
Where the pagan gods were exaggerated version of people and the natural world, the small folk were a way of examining the relationships between individuals and larger groups of people. They taught ways of protecting yourself, the limits of altruism, and warned against being too trusting or too cruel.
This dumbass tumblr story is a perfect example of their self-centered (and frankly, a bit misanthropic) worldview. If "the fae" (blech. See below) are a metaphor for other people and social groups, what does this fairy tale tell us?
It tells us that the writer sees other people as people who will help them for free, just because this random trans kid is so magical and wonderful and spechul uwu. They don't need to find their own name, they don't need to do any soul searching. Instead, our random unidentified "fae" just rolls up, grants a boon, and then shits on the kids parents for good measure.
Also, you'll note the "fae" in this story also lacks a name or motivation. They only exist to serve the interests of the protagonist. Gee willikers what does this tell us about this person's worldview and how they view other people?
Can you specify? I just like to hear you talk about this stuff.
So the others already touched on the moral side of this, and I've added my own thoughts above, but to elaborate a bit more on another aspect of why this pisses me off: It's completely disrespectful.
First, for a group of people who claim to be woke, this story where one of the small folk is just called "a fae" is pretty representative of the thing I sperged out about at top. It's this consistent erasure of the individual in favor of a lifeless, shapeless mass.
Second, it's disrespectful to the real-life actual people and cultures behind these stories. A "fae" is not a thing, it's a word for a certain class of non-human person (this is fucking KEY.)
So let's look at this piece of shit vignette on its own lack of merit, shall we?
1. "The Fae" is described as having "features sharp and narrow" which makes me think the author's mental image of "the fae" as a race is that of the Dunmer from Elder Scrolls and tells me a bit about where this person got their understanding of these stories.
520.png

2. Second, this story has a lot of the style we see in stories of Celtic fairies, but by just calling it by the lump name you're smashing the seelie and unseelie courts together. This makes me think the author is one of those people who think the Seelie and Unseelie Courts are synonymous with "good guys" and "bad guys"- again with the black and white worldview. Following the writer's logic, if a fairy were a member of the Seelie Court, then they're "good", and "good" things support trans rights! So of course a magical fairy would automatically give the trans person whatever they want, that's just how things should be!
goblin.png

3. Finally, going off of the above, there's the matter of assuming that non-human creatures are woke, or more enlightened, which circles back to that thing we were all talking about before where these people are treating other religions and spiritual beliefs like Christianity with a new coat of paint. The small folk are not supposed to be more advanced than we are. They're full people, and the stories in which they appear are supposed to teach us to see all people, no matter how different they may be from ourselves, as full people, capable of both good and evil.
bg09.jpg

I could keep going, but I gotta go make a phone call and I think this is probably fine, right?

fuzzyrodent85

kiwifarms.net
Screenshot_20210418-205036.pngScreenshot_20210418-205042.png
This gives off "will boil your puppy" vibes.

Screenshot_20210418-205236.png

Don't learn her ways.

Screenshot_20210418-205334.png
Hawt.

Screenshot_20210419-125548.png
This bitch looks like she smells of hotdogs 24/7.

Screenshot_20210419-141020.png
It would be interesting to see the percentage of rape victims in witches and regular women to compare the two. How are these people always being molested?!

Screenshot_20210419-160532.png
I sure hope that fae was a trans ally.

Screenshot_20210420-165412.png
Yeah, isis seems like a good name. I enjoy moaning it during intercourse.

Screenshot_20210420-165532.png
I saw a rose quartz bathtub on tiktok, I wonder what would happen if she was forced into it.

Screenshot_20210421-072607.png
What would you do if you visited a friend's house and they had period blood paintings on the walls?

Screenshot_20210421-152903.pngScreenshot_20210421-152909.png
So, you're single? ;)

Screenshot_20210422-103058.png
@NoReturn is this true?

Screenshot_20210422-124450.png
I want a bitch with some big titties to suck.

Screenshot_20210422-124606.pngScreenshot_20210422-124614.pngScreenshot_20210422-124620.png
IT'S A ROCK.

Screenshot_20210422-125521.png
Some period blood is all you need.

Screenshot_20210422-125807.png
Your daughter indeed takes up a lot of space. So much, in fact, she had to sacrifice a chinchilla for more of it.

Screenshot_20210422-125839.png
Don't remember if we had a mayortomatillo face reveal before, but here she is.

RazorBackBacon

kiwifarms.net
How are these people always being molested?!
I'm gonna be That Guy and say that not nearly half of the ones claiming it actually were.

As we have exhaustively documented, the witchy-poos of the world are thirsty for attention the way a man lost in the desert is thirsty for a cool glass of water. And in the modern world, nothing gets a woman attention and asspats, and a permanent 'pls no bully' sign around her neck, quite like saying she got the wrong end of the broomhandle when she was 8.

And yes, I am MATI about this topic. Fuck the false-accusers; they're as bad as the rapists.

NoReturn

CEO Wash & Smash llc.
kiwifarms.net
This gives off "will boil your puppy" vibes.
"my rightful boyfriend who is my man an no one elses"
Don't learn her ways.
Hoooooly shit there's a lot of extra context hidden in that "was".
Also, her hair isn't curly, it's wavy, that's why it goes flat. She's dumb.
Also-also, how long until we see the MayorTomatillo vaccine saga?
Yeah, isis seems like a good name. I enjoy moaning it during intercourse.
t3_351ixh.png

@NoReturn is this true?
Excuse me a moment
It would be interesting to see the percentage of rape victims in witches and regular women to compare the two. How are these people always being molested?!
So there's this podcast I occasionally listen to ("occasionally" because honestly it's not that great, but it's decent if you're like, cleaning or something) called "Who Are These Podcasts?" and they recently did an episode on the podcast "Basic Witches" (a screenshot of the podcast's website provided below).
Untitled.png

Apparently both hosts of this podcast and their guest in the episode covered by WATP were all raped. One of them said she dealt with it by sleeping with the guy again and the other married the dude.
Here's some sample content from their instagram account:
3.PNG

4.PNG

5.PNG

6.PNG

7.PNG

8.PNG

Also, they have merch!
2.PNG

I didn't crop out anything, by the way. What you see is all there is.

Flexo

Don't blame me. I voted for HK-47.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
So there's this podcast I occasionally listen to ("occasionally" because honestly it's not that great, but it's decent if you're like, cleaning or something) called "Who Are These Podcasts?" and they recently did an episode on the podcast "Basic Witches" (a screenshot of the podcast's website provided below).
View attachment 2111090
Apparently both hosts of this podcast and their guest in the episode covered by WATP were all raped. One of them said she dealt with it by sleeping with the guy again and the other married the dude.
Here's some sample content from their instagram account:
View attachment 2111136
View attachment 2111138
View attachment 2111139
View attachment 2111140
View attachment 2111142
View attachment 2111143
Also, they have merch!
View attachment 2111097
I didn't crop out anything, by the way. What you see is all there is.
And then one day, for no reason at all, the Salem witch trials began...

Lil' Misogynist

Uh oh, looks like someone needs to go in the water
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Actually, I’ll bite.

A lot of these people are probably legitimately autistic. Many of them may not even know it, especially considering that young girls in particular are severely underdiagnosed with autism unless they show more severe disabling traits, or are misdiagnosed with things like BPD or bipolar disorder due to biases of psychologists.

I’ll get into why that matters shortly, but the reason I bring it up is because a lot of these screenshots reek of autistic coping mechanisms. It’s no secret that autistic people struggle to fit in socially, and that often leads to things like clinical depression and long-term social isolation. To cope with that, a lot of young autistic people turn to their own imagination. They may believe that they have secret powers, that they have the spirit of an animal, that they can talk to fictional characters, etc. Combine that with internet escapism and influencer culture, and you get things like Witchblr. As some in this thread have pointed out, a lot of these kids don’t know much about the historical context of some of the folklore they talk about, so it’s very easy to twist things like occultism, witchcraft, and mythology into a self-serving power fantasy. Some people may point to schizophrenia or narcissism or teen rebellion, but it could very well just be autism.

Anyway, the reason I bring this up is because autistic people are legitimately much more likely to be abused in some way than the general population, even if they’re not heavily dependent on another person for care. If you have trouble reading another person’s intentions because of a developmental disorder, then no shit, of course you’re going to be at high risk. The fact that these people seem desperate to fit in somewhere is also concerning, seeing as when spirituality gets involved, there’s always a risk that someone could accidentally fall in with a cult or a cult-like community, and those are breeding grounds for abuse.

We have evidence that autistic people respond to trauma a lot differently than non-autistic people do. So an autistic person who feels lost, traumatized, and afraid may logically turn to occultism to “hex their ex” or attempt to become powerful enough to ensure that they could never be taken advantage of again, rather than taking the steps to file a police report. The feminist leanings of these circles may seem even further safe and appealing.

On the other hand, as far as I’m aware, a lot of autistic women also report regretting sexual experiences. Which may not necessarily indicate that any intentional abuse happened, but can still lead to feelings of trauma. This could be the result of, say, having incorrect ideas about what sex and sexual relationships are like due to lack of education or incorrect information. If you don’t know much about social dynamics, the line between abuse, unhealthy relationships, and cultural guilt can get blurry.

This isn’t to say that none of them are being dishonest; it’s always a likelihood when you’re looking at such a large sample size. But this is my theory as to why so many of these people are claiming to be abuse or SA survivors. This was a big wall of text and I’m not an expert, mostly speaking from personal experience, so if anyone thinks that any of this is incorrect, feel free to correct me.

PunchCat

In a just world, we all have a thread here
kiwifarms.net
On the other hand, as far as I’m aware, a lot of autistic women also report regretting sexual experiences. Which may not necessarily indicate that any intentional abuse happened, but can still lead to feelings of trauma. This could be the result of, say, having incorrect ideas about what sex and sexual relationships are like due to lack of education or incorrect information. If you don’t know much about social dynamics, the line between abuse, unhealthy relationships, and cultural guilt can get blurry.
This paragraph is the most critical part of this and why it's so messy, not just for autistic women, but women in general (men as well, but that's a slightly different conversation). Public discourse on sex assumes that it has no absolute moral/spiritual value, which means that after the heat of a sexual encounter has subsided, if the women feels cheapened, uncomfortable, or embarrassed about the encounter or its particulars, it can't be an aspect of the activity itself- it must be the circumstances of the activity that caused it (or, if you're a moral relativist and/or biological determinist, hormonal drives encourage women to be incredibly particular in sexual partners as selection of the father of one's offspring is critical). Depending on the individual, they may simply interpret it as "it was just bad sex" or "well x thing isn't for me" or it can be understood to be something more sinister. It's not that the feelings aren't real, but that social context has stripped the women in question of expressing very complex feelings except in very simple language. "I was uncomfortable" can only become "I was sexually abused" instead of many other possible variants.

Add on top of that victimhood has become a badge of honor and combine it with the unverifiability of this particular grievance, even among the victim's close friends and family, plus that the heinousness of sexual crimes makes it a particular effective bludgeon against an ex-husband/boyfriend and you have what is likely a highly over represented group of abuse victims.

And all this just assumes these are honest, if deluded, people, which is a huge leap for anyone in general, much less in the land of make-believe that is the internet.

Also @NoReturn, your "Basic Witches" post gave me cancer. Typically I'm not at a loss for words for why I hate things, but that was something special.

fuzzyrodent85

kiwifarms.net
Screenshot_20210423-073150.png
Maybe sending gore to people is her fetish. Don't kinkshame.

Screenshot_20210423-175216.png
Is the red dot supposed to be period blood?

Screenshot_20210424-142358.png
Should've given hades a sizzli wawa breakfast sandwich.

Screenshot_20210424-142720.png
No.

Screenshot_20210424-174349.pngScreenshot_20210424-174356.pngScreenshot_20210424-174414.png
Screenshot_20210424-174429.png

Should've just sold them on eBay or something.

Screenshot_20210426-163459.pngScreenshot_20210426-163505.pngScreenshot_20210426-163511.pngScreenshot_20210426-163518.png
Classical historians are secretly incel brownies confirmed?

Screenshot_20210427-101635.pngScreenshot_20210427-101645.png
Screenshot_20210427-101653.png

Prolapsed aura?! How does that even happen?

Screenshot_20210427-143911.png
Not really. He's still a billionaire.

Screenshot_20210427-144229.png
It means extra protein.

Screenshot_20210427-144347.png
Placing it on your forehead gives it extra power.

Screenshot_20210428-142022.jpg

NoReturn

CEO Wash & Smash llc.
kiwifarms.net
[Period facial]
What? You don't want to post the follow up? :christine:
Should've just sold them on eBay or something.
Ich bin verwirrt. What's wrong with Moldavite?
We must find a child born on January 1st, 1988. For they are the most powerful off all witches!
-
New thread content
Kesha talks to Gabby Bernstein about spirit guides
Kesha talks to ICP about the magical aspects of the Dark Carnival
More from @fuzzyrodent85's new find: @kurdishgoddess

I'll judge you all I want, lady. Go ahead and judge me back.

How is being free and powerful scary? Being free is awesome.
If I was was "free and powerful" as this chick claims to be I'd be traveling cross-country blowing shit up with my husband, a heartless sorcerer-swordsman, a chipper princess, and whoever the director thought would be a good companion character that season. +10 points if you get that reference.

Oh! Manifesting! Let me try! Let's (Got the brains) Make (Got the looks) Let's make lots of money (Ooo money)

No! Bad witch! Drop it! No licking! Bad!
I hate western astrology so much you guys. So much I can't even have fun with it.

And finally, have some non-Catholic, non-Christian, weed-nuns:
1.PNG

2.PNG

3.PNG

4.PNG