Neocities -

Beta Faggot

The Soyest of Boys
kiwifarms.net
Neocities is a revival of the old Geocities service that allowed people to create their own webpage. I was originally going to make this a Community Watch thread, as this service has attracted some exceptional people, but there's really a variety of different people on Neocities. One thing that a lot of them seem to have in common is trying to create a Geocities-esque site for "muh nostalgia"

Here's the page for browsing through people's sites

So, what do you guys think of it? I think it's a pretty cool site, especially for people like me that think social media is shit.

Imperialist #348

kiwifarms.net
shiiiit neocities? man thats ironic since some of the work iv had complete required neocities then again iv seen some 'interesting' pages on there.

Coolio55

DON'T CALL LUIGI AT 3AM!! *OMG HE RICKROLLED ME*
kiwifarms.net
Don't judge me. I actually like this.

Problem is, all these web projects start awesome and go to hell one the LGBTQPASRWMYMCA arrive and make it all about their feelings.
I give it a month.
Already happened my friends.

Neocities is a pretty good idea but it's definitely attracted that "old internet funny haha" tranny crowd and It's as if myspace was reborn for the modern era.
Nearly every user is some uwu bean boi variant and their pages are distilled autism.

It's from the top down too. The community rules are no fun allowed and the developers host a git clone of some gay petition of developers who will refuse to work with ICE.

Still. Might be fun if you just ignore all the speds. At least one guy has an MDE fanpage on his site.

Last edited:

Mister Loser

The Man with No Plan
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I saw this site before because of that one Lain fanpage, it's pretty cool.
fauux.neocities.org
When I heard about that Tsuki debacle I assumed it was connected to this, but no. It's just kinda similar due to the inspiration from Lain.

The Shadow

What a time to be alive.
kiwifarms.net
Already happened my friends.

Neocities is a pretty good idea but it's definitely attracted that "old internet funny haha" tranny crowd and It's as if myspace was reborn for the modern era.
Nearly every user is some uwu bean boi variant and their pages are distilled autism.

It's from the top down too. The community rules are no fun allowed and the developers host a git clone of some gay petition of developers who will refuse to work with ICE.

Still. Might be fun if you just ignore all the speds. At least one guy has an MDE fanpage on his site.
It's not MySpace reborn if I can't have a My Chemical Romance song playing while I burn out the page viewer's eyes with neon glitter text.

Coolio55

DON'T CALL LUIGI AT 3AM!! *OMG HE RICKROLLED ME*
kiwifarms.net
You mean like this?

Also this person literally links to CWCki in their "links" section
View attachment 658746
(Doublepost but only doing so to properly enunciate)

Yeah. It gets WORSE!

(Shmorky?!) (Technically not on neocities anymore)
https://heckscaper.com/main.html
Essex.png
newpic1.png
newpic2.png
newpic3.png

"princesstoots"
toots.png

"pinksushi"
pinksushi.png

"ily" (Now deleted but on archive.org. It's only the homepage but it gives a good idea of the rest of the site) (Actually not. More on this below, they're part of an autistic webring)
ily.png

https://somnolescent.net/
Here's the new site of "somnolescent" a cult of furry spergs (all from the UK) who used to be on neocities but they got too "big" for it (this seems to have happened to a lot of people)

som1.png
som2.png
mari.png
neoily.png

The owner also owns a website (toyhou.se where they and the group all post their furry ocs. It keeps going)

Jesus. This started as a short post but it keeps going deeper.

It's not MySpace reborn if I can't have a My Chemical Romance song playing while I burn out the page viewer's eyes with neon glitter text.
You can actually do that. You get 10mb of file space. Go nuts.

Last edited:
P

PT 940

kiwifarms.net
I remember one of my friends argued with people all the time about how he thought Geocities was pronounced. He swore he heard someone say it on a commercial contrary to how everyone else said it and couldn't be deterred.