NeoGAF & ResetERA - The Hilarious N̶e̶v̶e̶r̶e̶n̶d̶i̶n̶g̶ Splintering "Gaming" Forum Circus

• Trump is threatening to repeal Section 230 of the Communications Decency Act to spite Twitter and I am tracking competing efforts to edit legislation here.
    P.S. A source of my income was removed by payment networks recently. If you'd like to donate crypto, my addresses are here.

UnclePhil

Deliberating from a screened-in porch.
kiwifarms.net
(Archive)
To anyone here who is familiar with this "Made in Abyss," is it really Epstein Island: The Animation or just REE blowing something out of proportion again?

This is one of those moments where, while I would feel weird if every episode was 22 minutes of naked children parading around, the show has my interest solely because the REE collective hates it.

Also PedoEra, hypocrites, "Rules for thee, not for me" etc.

Celestial Being

kiwifarms.net
To anyone here who is familiar with this "Made in Abyss," is it really Epstein Island: The Animation or just REE blowing something out of proportion again?
I haven't seen it since release but I dont remember anything overtly sexual? One of the main characters is a robot and the other kids check if he has a penis or something like that. There was some horrifying imagery of kids being turned into Cronenberg monsters though.

• Horrifying
Reactions: UnclePhil

UnclePhil

kiwifarms.net
I haven't seen it since release but I dont remember anything overtly sexual? One of the main characters is a robot and the other kids check if he has a penis or something like that. There was some horrifying imagery of kids being turned into Cronenberg monsters though.
Well again, this is REE we're talking. A hint of cleavage is a white slavery harem. They would call Gohan peeing in DBZ "A bunch of nude children running around."

What Cheebo fails to understand is there will never be a "competent non-corrupt government." The longer anyone stays in Congress, the more blood and sin they inherit and accumulate. No matter who you vote for, you're not going to exorcise the ghosts of Operation Northwoods, Iran-Contra, Whitewater, Benghazi, ends justifying the means, collateral damage, every lie and mistruth, etc. Unless we magically fired every elected official and dumped fresh faces in every seat, corruption isn't going away. It will pile up again the moment a sketchy memo comes down that "never happened." It comes down to the fact that half of politics is having to play dirty games with morally ambiguous choices.

That was one of the ideas behind voting in Trump, a business mogul who'd never held a political office or was part of some name recognition dynasty. He was held up as 'pure' in the sense that the souls of the dead and betrayed weren't clamping their teeth on his ankles. Of course Cheebo's idea of what constitutes 'corrupt' is also different, since Cheebo is another paranoid idiot who wants a woke paradise.

Last edited:

ProfDongs

kiwifarms.net

This is one of those moments where, while I would feel weird if every episode was 22 minutes of naked children parading around, the show has my interest solely because the REE collective hates it.
It's not about extolling the virtues of fucking kids, but the author has no qualms with writing in fetishistic things, and there is plenty of it.

UnclePhil

kiwifarms.net
It's not about extolling the virtues of fucking kids, but the author has no qualms with writing in fetishistic things, and there is plenty of it.
Yeah, from the comments here and the reviews I've skimmed, it's starting to sound like the more nauseating parts of Elfen Lied.

Shaka Brah

Hang ten, my dudes.
kiwifarms.net
Yeah, from the comments here and the reviews I've skimmed, it's starting to sound like the more nauseating parts of Elfen Lied.
It pretty much is that. I got recommended it by a friend who said it was like a gritty version of a Miyazaki story. I had no idea what I was getting into. About halfway through there's some grotesque body horror involving children, and the artist seemed oddly interested in showing it. It's kind of like Berserk in that way, with completely absurd levels of grotesquery, but the protagonists are preteens.

Reee isn't overreacting that much, for once.

• Informative

Renmei

kiwifarms.net
I don't remember any "fanservice" involving kids, but extreme violence and fucked up things happen to kids which makes you uncomfortable. I don't remember it being gratuitous, maybe 3 or 4ish instances over 13 episodes that caught my attention, the first episode looked like your typical adventure show but slowly.. bad things happen. Two kids descend into a deep pit on a quest, the deeper they go the more dangerous and fucked up the world becomes.

Promo videos

Spoilers
"]

Last edited:

BubbleButt

FUCK YOU, IT'S FOREVER!
kiwifarms.net
In a thread of stunning naivete and ignorance, Ree seems to promulgate the notion that Americans are uniquely hateful.

Part of this is allegedly because of "radical individualism", among other things like regional divide, slavery, etcetera.

Aside from that oh-so dreaded "individualism" thing, everything that these idiots are listing here has been and still is virulently prevalent across world history and the present. Do these tards think that the North Western hemisphere is the only place where disgusting indentured servitude occurred? Where territorial agendas didn't drive war in trade or in blood?

Actually, it's quite funny to see that they think that "the individual over the collective is a bonkers idea". Considering that it is ideological individualism that excoriates the notion of slavery. Collectivism incentivizes the erosion of individual freedom. As history has shown in the past.
You could trigger these fucktards by just showing them a map of the countries where slavery is still practiced.

Motataio

kiwifarms.net
The thing is, the series IS violent and explores sexuality in a frank, direct manner - the main characters, however, are all kids, which might make some uncomfortable. The story is well-written, so you could argue that it is "respectful" and "mature", not "fetishistic" - and it could easily be convincing.

Problem is, that only applies if you examine the story in a vacuum. The author is most definitely a lolicon, and he leans into it HARD on social media. He is a very good writer, though, so he manages to mitigate his... er... "proclivities" in the story. Not too much, but enough that you could argue in his defense if he wasn't so open about it.

Shaka Brah

Hang ten, my dudes.
kiwifarms.net
The thing is, the series IS violent and explores sexuality in a frank, direct manner - the main characters, however, are all kids, which might make some uncomfortable. The story is well-written, so you could argue that it is "respectful" and "mature", not "fetishistic" - and it could easily be convincing.

Problem is, that only applies if you examine the story in a vacuum. The author is most definitely a lolicon, and he leans into it HARD on social media. He is a very good writer, though, so he manages to mitigate his... er... "proclivities" in the story. Not too much, but enough that you could argue in his defense if he wasn't so open about it.
In the manga it's much more obvious than in the anime, I would imagine, since the anime is probably being censored for Japanese TV.

• Disagree
Reactions: Sir Wesley Tailpipe

The Asian Dictator

kiwifarms.net
View attachment 1203818

The voice of reason has spoken everyone, the Tyler Malka redemption arc continues.
Even at Neogaf’s peek woke sperging, Tyler was always anti troon. He frequently got the man in dresses triggered I think tranny chimp outs were the source of both the Galadriel and Lord Virgin memes.

AirdropShitposts

That's a side effect of the marijuana poisoning!
kiwifarms.net
I should have linked to the thread that's from because it's such a well-adjusted forum lol

• Informative

Charlie Delicious

kiwifarms.net
I should have linked to the thread that's from because it's such a well-adjusted forum lol
I love how they create threads where they pile in and admit they're all still living in their parents basements.

Tendies and good boy points for all.