NeoGAF & ResetERA - The Hilarious N̶e̶v̶e̶r̶e̶n̶d̶i̶n̶g̶ Splintering "Gaming" Forum Circus

Kingdok

Always chasing Boners
Has anyone tried compiling a list of every big creator or news site that got banned from era and the reasons behind the bans? I'm sure it would be a decently sized list, I might actually do it myself, it might be a decent project to tackle and show people how absurd this shit has gotten.

rs1.PNG

https://www.resetera.com/threads/th...pdate-federal-government-executed-her.359887/

Entremet made a thread about a female murderer facing execution recently. The thread opening post exemplifies the way these people think:

rs2.PNG

He basically goes on about how this poor, abused, misunderstood person is being unfairly executed soon. And sure, what she did was "horrific", but he suggests an alleged childhood of sexual exploitation should cancel that out, right? Entremet doesn't even mention her crime, and posts this sweet, childhood picture of killer.

Lisa Montgomery was in her mid-thirties when she set up a meeting with a pregnant woman she met online. She strangled the woman into unconsciousness and then carved the baby out of her stomach with a knife. While she was partway finished, the woman started regaining consciousness, so Lisa strangled her to death before finishing the job.

Now, I know there is some nuance the Death Penalty debate. But to watch these Resetera tards discuss it really gets me. They are overwhelmingly appalled that Montgomery was facing the death penalty and then one guy posts this:

rs3.PNG

The thread is filled with people disgusted at his response, and he gets banned. They defend this sick murderer so staunchly, but if a person doesn't put pronouns in their bio, or if they base a game character's pronouns on the voice the player selected instead of a complex rubric of choosable imaginary genders, well THOSE people are worse than Hitler.

NeilBreenLover69

THE CLEANSE HAS BEGUN
View attachment 1846509
https://www.resetera.com/threads/th...pdate-federal-government-executed-her.359887/

Entremet made a thread about a female murderer facing execution recently. The thread opening post exemplifies the way these people think:

View attachment 1846510

He basically goes on about how this poor, abused, misunderstood person is being unfairly executed soon. And sure, what she did was "horrific", but he suggests an alleged childhood of sexual exploitation should cancel that out, right? Entremet doesn't even mention her crime, and posts this sweet, childhood picture of killer.

Lisa Montgomery was in her mid-thirties when she set up a meeting with a pregnant woman she met online. She strangled the woman into unconsciousness and then carved the baby out of her stomach with a knife. While she was partway finished, the woman started regaining consciousness, so Lisa strangled her to death before finishing the job.

Now, I know there is some nuance the Death Penalty debate. But to watch these Resetera tards discuss it really gets me. They are overwhelmingly appalled that Montgomery was facing the death penalty and then one guy posts this:

View attachment 1846528

The thread is filled with people disgusted at his response, and he gets banned. They defend this sick murderer so staunchly, but if a person doesn't put pronouns in their bio, or if they base a game character's pronouns on the voice the player selected instead of a complex rubric of choosable imaginary genders, well THOSE people are worse than Hitler.
>unironically defending a piece fucking shit facing the death penalty who strangled an innocent pregnant woman to death and killed her unborn baby just because she has a vagina
Resetrannies never fucking cease to amaze me, autogynephilia really is one hell of a drug. How fucking sociopathic, damn.

DriveByTrolling

They see me rolling, drive-by trolling!
View attachment 1846509

View attachment 1846510

View attachment 1846528

Larry in that topic doing overtime. I'm sure Larry would be happy for Hitler to be strolling around if we just asked him to be a good boy.

Meanwhile, JonTron, PewDiePie and Mike Pondsmith should be executed.

Has anyone tried compiling a list of every big creator or news site that got banned from era and the reasons behind the bans? I'm sure it would be a decently sized list, I might actually do it myself, it might be a decent project to tackle and show people how absurd this shit has gotten.

The list? Everyone apart from Waypoint, Giantbomb and Jim Sterling.

Even Digital Foundry have been chased off of Resetera.

AnOminous

shalom motherfucker
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
One of the posters in that thread has a derp meme avatar. They put up with that on RetardEra? What a bunch of bigots.

Next up to be cancelled is Lost in Translation

Screenshot 2021-01-14 113239.png

Wait, this isn't going well, it's almost like there's some sort of discussion happening here

Screenshot 2021-01-14 113405.png

Phew, Jannie reinforcements are here. You can shut the fuck up, there's no room for nuance when it's clearly racist

Screenshot 2021-01-14 113600.png

Screenshot 2021-01-14 113713.png

And tell your Japanese girlfriends to shut the fuck up as well and stay in their lane. We will decide what they will find offensive

Screenshot 2021-01-14 113815.png

Screenshot 2021-01-14 113845.png

Good god, this is a massacre

Screenshot 2021-01-14 114025.png

Don't worry, everyone's favourite n-word dropper is here to save the day

Screenshot 2021-01-14 114114.png

So many gone.....and for what. May they lest in peace.

Coccxys

True & Honest Fan
I notice they went with the more....photogenic picture for their appeal here's what she looked like at time of arrest.
View attachment 1846867
Seems a bit misogynistic for them to use the looks of the woman being discussed to make their point.

On lost in translation: So someone can make a post saying x is -ist and anyone asking how or saying it isn't gets a ban? That's just amazing and doesn't encourage witch hunts whilst discouraging actual debate on a forum. Also the "it's so obviously on the nose how did you not spot it" followed by "I feel" reasons amazing.

Last edited:

Clem Fandango

Can you hear me?

View attachment 1846854

Wait, this isn't going well, it's almost like there's some sort of discussion happening here

View attachment 1846858

Phew, Jannie reinforcements are here. You can shut the fuck up, there's no room for nuance when it's clearly racist

View attachment 1846859

View attachment 1846860

And tell your Japanese girlfriends to shut the fuck up as well and stay in their lane. We will decide what they will find offensive

View attachment 1846862

View attachment 1846863

View attachment 1846864

View attachment 1846865

Those two bans for "having a Japanese girlfriend" are fucking mind boggling. The ban message says having a gook gf doesn't give "you" the right to decide what's offensive, but in both cases the guys explicitly say that their gf didn't find it offensive.

I thought we were meant to give divine reverence to PoC opinions, on account of their lived experiences or some shit. So if the gf signed up and posted "I didn't find it offensive" they would all bend the knee? But since it's second hand information that's an insta ban?

Honestly, it just looks like incel seething from the janny.

Dreamland

Mural of coral and cold
View attachment 1846509

View attachment 1846510

View attachment 1846528

You don't understand she was a stunning and brave woman, and the baby was not born and therefore just a clump of cells, the baby was going to be a trump supporter anway. She didn't deserve to get executed over what amounts to Larceny!

I notice they went with the more....photogenic picture for their appeal here's what she looked like at time of arrest.
How didn't anyone accuse her of being a femcel with that face?!

Last edited:
Those two bans for "having a Japanese girlfriend" are fucking mind boggling. The ban message says having a gook gf doesn't give "you" the right to decide what's offensive, but in both cases the guys explicitly say that their gf didn't find it offensive.

I thought we were meant to give divine reverence to PoC opinions, on account of their lived experiences or some shit. So if the gf signed up and posted "I didn't find it offensive" they would all bend the knee? But since it's second hand information that's an insta ban?

Honestly, it just looks like incel seething from the janny.

To play devils advocate how likely would you find it that a resetera would have a girlfriend much less a non-white one?

Oh Long Johnson

Insurrectin' your erection
True & Honest Fan

View attachment 1846854

View attachment 1846858

View attachment 1846859

View attachment 1846860

View attachment 1846862

View attachment 1846863

View attachment 1846864

View attachment 1846865

B-nigga warning about dismissiveness?

Ree has a special pressure point for people claiming non-body pillow Asian sex partners, so I can see those bans, but banning people for trying to point out some of the nuance of the film to a one sentence smoothbrain OP is some weak shit.