NeoGAF & ResetERA - The Hilarious N̶e̶v̶e̶r̶e̶n̶d̶i̶n̶g̶ Splintering "Gaming" Forum Circus

Done

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
This is basically what I and many others here had predicted.. Back to basics, no political/social discussions (He frames it like it's a political thing, but I have a feeling that he will continue "assessing" things forever..

One thing I want to add is that not all people necessarily care about Tyler's transgressions (especially now that it's more ambiguous), Social Justice issues or GamerGate discussions.. Some people just want to discuss vidya in peace, which was ruined entirely when Tyler allowed the psycho inmates to run the asylum.

There is still a chance for NeoGAF to rebrand and make changes, but it's an infinitesimal one with Tyler still actively at the helm, that will always tarnish things imo.

There will be an interesting dynamic at work if ResetEra launches with the old, now embittered psycho staff, and it will be even more interesting to see if any of the 2 sites will ever (re)gain influence with game devs.

My prediction is no, YouTube and other social media sites have taken that spot by now.

Ichimaru Gin

kiwifarms.net
Too little, too late, jackass! :story::story::story::story:

Now that the sights of the political forum HE HIMSELF cultivated are turned on him, he doesn't want to play the game anymore. Removing it will just alienate the only people he didn't ban; the hysterical idiots that led to his downfall in the first place.

This is the most entertaining thread I've followed in a while, what a fucking ride.

CrunkLord420

not a financial adviser
Supervisor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Wait a paid email account? The fuck are the kind of casual people that does that? I doubt neofags had paid email accounts when they joined. Are they seriously doing a Something Awful?
That's how it's been for as long as I can remember. You essentially need to dox yourself, or dox yourself to a company that can be contacted in order to join.

Cosmos

Soldier of Love and Bitching on the Internet
Supervisor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Can't help but agree with this. Its unfortunate but hey. The 1st amendment just like the 2nd is antiquated. These are things which need to be revised for the new age that we are and will be living in. The founding fathers did not have internet or a lot of other things we have today. America is really one of the only developed countries that still clings to these particular ideas of freedom.
Go fuck yourself. If you want to live in a nanny state that baby-proofs the internet with rounded corners and covered outlets, then go move to Europe.

Seriously, this perfectly demonstrates why NeoGAF is so reviled and mocked by the rest of the internet. They actively view free speech as evil and problematic and clamp down on any opposition, no matter how harmless it is. Rip in piss, NeoGAF.

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino