NeoGAF & ResetERA - The Hilarious N̶e̶v̶e̶r̶e̶n̶d̶i̶n̶g̶ Splintering "Gaming" Forum Circus

Judge Dredd

Senior Layout Artist
kiwifarms.net
They called the Captain marvel and Black widow movies empty corporate slop that isn’t actually empowering. They also called their audience low IQ. Disney and marvel is their religion, so RLM was on the shit list after that.
They also criticised The Last Jedi.

They claim Rich Evans said pro-Trump things, but I don't know what.

NiggerRespecter

kiwifarms.net
It’s pretty brilliant. All you gotta do is say that certain opinions are “fascist-adjacent” since notable “fascists” hold those opinions. Doesn’t really matter if the opinion has anything to do with politics or whatever. You can then easily lump people who want an actual Jewish holocaust in with people who think Rey is a weak character. This shit works on the stunted manchildren and tranny outcasts that frequent such websites

Shaka Brah

Patriotic Ass-Blasting Poster
kiwifarms.net
It’s pretty brilliant. All you gotta do is say that certain opinions are “fascist-adjacent” since notable “fascists” hold those opinions. Doesn’t really matter if the opinion has anything to do with politics or whatever. You can then easily lump people who want an actual Jewish holocaust in with people who think Rey is a weak character. This shit works on the stunted manchildren and tranny outcasts that frequent such websites
"The ReyLocaust didn't happen, but I wish it did." t. Nazis I guess.

jallsballs

It's All So Tiresome
kiwifarms.net
dfhgdfgsafdsdf.png

"totally not mental illness"

Oats12345

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
They also criticised The Last Jedi.

They claim Rich Evans said pro-Trump things, but I don't know what.

Well I just watched their Baby Driver/Spider-Man review and Mike said it was unrealistic because the teenagers in it weren’t throwing molotovs at cop cars and protesting trump on Twitter, so maybe that?
I could see them taking that as "pro-Trump"

RudeRoasts

Ah, you Japanese racist!
kiwifarms.net
If that's the case, then what is the joke? Why even call it the Cosby Suite if Cosby wasn't known for anything except family friendly standup and a TV show?

By 2013 there were already multiple allegations of sexual assault against Cosby, even if a conviction, which was later overturned on a technicality, wouldn’t come until 2018. According to one source with knowledge of the hotel room, the “Cosby Suite” name was a play on the comedian’s iconic ugly sweaters, and didn’t have any sexual connotation—at least, not when the joke began. Instead, they suggest, the running joke was that the rooms in question looked dated, like the sweater.

One source said they were told it was a reference to an ugly boardroom room back at Blizzard’s main office, which reportedly had similar patterns to the sweater. Another said they understood it to be a reference to an ugly hotel room during a different gaming conference. But in all pictures of the 2013 BlizzCon hotel room reviewed by Kotaku, the walls were largely white and blank and the decor was nondescript. The rug visible in some of the photographs does have a pattern, but it looks nothing like the sweaters in the framed picture everyone is holding.
Another ex-Blizzard source pushed back on claims the “Cosby Suite” was a joke about ugly boardrooms or sweaters, noting that when Blizzard moved to its new Irvine, California campus in 2008, the office had been freshly painted and, to their knowledge, there was no infamous ugly boardroom.

They buried this quite deep into the article. Unlike them, I will have integrity to point out that one source contradicts the bolded claims, and have included it in the quotes. Take it for what you will - given that said source doesn't provide an alternative explanation, I don't take it for much.

I haven't bought an Activision-Blizzard game for the better part of 15 years, and I hate what they've done to the game industry, and what their customers still allow them to do.

But this shit smells funny to me. It seems like a lot of this is overblown or twisted out of context into it's ugliest face. The State of California is absolutely a den full of corrupt bureaucrats who'd rather grift on MeToo-esque claims than prosecute crimes on their streets, and it's no less true just because Activision says it.

Last edited: