Business Netflix, HBO and Cable Giants Are Coming for Password Cheats - Password resets and thumbprints are among the tactics being considered

Amber the Hedgehog

kiwifarms.net
I don’t think the streaming services bosses know what they are really selling. Ability to watch programs sure but more importantly they are selling convince doing so. There so much good tv that even if they stopped all production I would probably have unseen shows for rest of my life keep me happy and most those can be found somewhere in internet for free. Still finding something I’m mood for especially in any good format is pain in the ass. This where streaming can come in and sell finding fun programs for me. So basically it needs cheap enough that worth more to me than the time spent finding free stuff.

Coffee Anon

kiwifarms.net
It really is interesting how increasingly the most totalitarian dystopian horseshit is uniformly coming from corporations rather than government.
Corporations are just faster at applying new technology than government and filled with people who want to make money. This is actually convenient for the government, since the corporation is acting as a free data collection and storage entity that they can always subpoena for whatever data they want. Also, they don't have to find a path through whatever regulatory thicket is in their way when it comes to collecting such data.

In theory, corporations can only go as dystopian as consumers allow before they switch to a competitor or just stop using the product/service. I thus fully expect to see people happily implanting locked-down, corporate and government spyware filled devices directly into their brains within the next 20-30 years. I can't wait for thought jannies!

Jump

kiwifarms.net
I have an amazon prime account and never used the streaming service. I'm not going to pay for amazon fire box or some other crap they obsolete every other year. I am not going to deal with 30 logins and cancerous APPS. I just torrent what I want. Zero hassle and zero botnet. 🏴‍☠️
It seems everyone has fallen for the streaming meme and are throwing away their physical collections. I see DVD/BRs everywhere for a buck each at the flea markets. Nice complete box sets and everything. Ebay is flooded. If someone wanted to grow their physical collections now is the perfect time.
The ship has sailed on music. If you can't find the flac/320 mp3 on torrents then you can just use youtube-dl to get what you want manually.

Biometrics to watch the latest capeshit or WOKEtv? Nope.

Last edited:

Coolio55

DON'T CALL LUIGI AT 3AM!! *OMG HE RICKROLLED ME*
kiwifarms.net
PPV would be fine if you could just buy the content you wanted and watch it as much as you liked anytime offline but we can't have that anymore in the Y.O.O.L. {current_year}. Also, licencing issues fuck TONS of shows over. TONS.
At least it isn't as expensive as distributing DVDs so in theory companies can push out more niche stuff but that happens rarely.

Do we have a torrent tracker like HPJ/mmmmhm? If not, we ought to start one. I have plenty of stuff to share.
I know Kiwifarms is operating mostly outside the law already but that seems like a good way to properly kill the site.

frozenrunner

In Thanksgiving casseroles everywhere. Add salt.
kiwifarms.net
Google and Apple have already phased out touch ID as a feature on their newest devices so I'd love to know how they're going to try to get people to sign in with fingerprint
Why did they do that? Law enforcement make too many complaints about how hard it is to break into citizen phones?

It really is interesting how increasingly the most totalitarian dystopian horseshit is uniformly coming from corporations rather than government.
It's much worse than that. All of these huge companies collude with governments in a fascistic manner.

Jump

kiwifarms.net
Why did they do that? Law enforcement make too many complaints about how hard it is to break into citizen phones?
Fingerprint access is yesterdays news.
Facial recognition is where its at. Your friend Jimmy wont be able to come over to watch the latest marvel masterpiece unless he pays up his Netflix loicense. The telescreen will spot him and shut down.

Attachments

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino