Netflix Orders Queer-Friendly Animated Children’s Series ‘DeadEndia’ - First Big Mouth, then She-Ra and now this

albert chan

I write computer programs for a living
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

Netflix is ordering a so-called queer-friendly animated children series DeadEndia, a horror-comedy series known for its tales of adolescence and inclusion of LGBTQ story lines.

Netflix announced on Thursday that the “quirky, spooky and hilarious” DeadEndia series — based on the graphic novels from creator Hamish Steele — will premiere globally on Netflix in 2021. “The graphic novels have been lauded for capturing the growing pains of early adulthood of characters with a wide variety of identities and experiences including Barney, a transgender teen, and neurodiverse Norma,” said Netflix.

The show follows the adventures of characters Barney, Norma, and a magical-talking-dog named Pugsley as they balance their summer jobs at a local theme park haunted house while battling real supernatural forces that dwell within it. “Together with their guide to the underworld multiplane, a sardonic thousand-year-old demon named Courtney, they’ll face zombie mascots, demonic game show hosts, sleep-sucking witches and the scariest thing of all: their first crushes!” notes Netflix.

The streaming platform added that the series will also star Zach Barack, who became the first trans actorto appear on-screen in a Disney Marvel film.

“DeadEndia is about terrifying demons, vengeful ghosts and mysterious magic,” said Steele of the new animated series coming to Netflix. “It is also about coming of age in a world that wasn’t made for you. It’s a drama about found family, identity and making mistakes.”

“I’ve always dreamed of making the show I needed as a lonely, horror-obsessed closeted gay kid and thanks to Netflix and our ridiculously talented, diverse and representative writers room and crew, we have shot way past my dreams and into wildest fantasy territory!” he added.

Earlier this year, Disney featured its first openly lesbian character in its film Onward. And while the character only appears in one scene in the movie, it signals a huge shift for Pixar.

In May, Disney-owned Pixar unveiled its first-ever gay main character in a short Disney Plus film called Out. The film featured a man named Greg who had trouble coming out to his parents until a pair of fairy god-pets descended upon earth from a rainbow and swapped Greg’s body with his dog’s, giving Greg the ability to eavesdrop on his parents in the form of a dog. It was then that he realized his parents had accepted his homosexuality.

CivilianOfTheFandomWars

Living It
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I think I’m slowly sliding into just hating modern media. The best modern shit that comes out is always something that tries to tell a good story first, and everything else is second to that. Chernobyl, Catch-22, Joker, Uncut Gems, 1913, Once Upon a Time In Hollywood, all of these things that people loved from recent times weren’t there to change the hearts and minds of people, they were there to be a good product.
So explain to me, a lowly faggot, why I should watch something that panders to an aspect of my life that I don’t seem to care about nearly as much as Netflix and Hollywood does. And it being for kids is nonsense, kids don’t give a shit about sexuality unless it’s fed to them. It’s for adults, by adults, and both parties just want to feel like they are doing something great for the world with media that is only going to be consumed by people who already agree.
Let kids just have some normal shows, man. Statistically, their lives are already bad enough. Divorce is extremely common, moms all over are on opioids, dads are just vanishing left and right, and school is not even trying to not be prison these days. Then the kids get home, and they deserve a fun fantasy world where they can escape from real life for just a little bit, not to have what is essentially a class on ‘inclusively’ made by people who are most likely crazy.
At the end of the day, I have never met a kid who didn’t love Tom and Jerry, because it’s just a fun show that everyone can enjoy. There’s not even words in it, but everyone loves it. It doesn’t push anything, it’s just a fun show. That’s what’s been lost, making a show where enjoyment is the top priority.
Sorry for the rant, but damn does Netflix annoy me with it’s ‘woke’ shit. And just let kids be, they have their entire lives to worry about social things.

Last edited:

CIA Nigger

Not a fed, just a random object on the street.
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
Netflix announced on Thursday that the “quirky, spooky and hilarious” DeadEndia series — based on the graphic novels from creator Hamish Steele — will premiere globally on Netflix in 2021. “The graphic novels have been lauded for capturing the growing pains of early adulthood of characters with a wide variety of identities and experiences including Barney, a transgender teen, and neurodiverse Norma,” said Netflix.

Sounds like more of the same pandering shit nobody will care about, while the audience they try to pander to will embrace something mainstream anyway.

KimCoppolaAficionado

The most underrated actor of the 21st century
kiwifarms.net
Lol, a show for Genetic Dead-ends titled Deadendia 💀
>Footfag
>Thinking he can call anyone a genetic dead-end

I think I’m slowly sliding into just hating modern media. The best modern shit that comes out is always something that tries to tell a good story first, and everything else is second to that. Chernobyl, Catch-22, Joker, Uncut Gems, 1913, Once Upon a Time In Hollywood, all of these things that people loved from recent times weren’t there to change the hearts and minds of people, they were there to be a good product.
So explain to me, a lowly faggot, why I should watch something that panders to an aspect of my life that I don’t seem to care about nearly as much as Netflix and Hollywood does. And it being for kids is nonsense, kids don’t give a shit about sexuality unless it’s fed to them. It’s for adults, by adults, and both parties just want to feel like they are doing something great for the world with media that is only going to be consumed by people who already agree.
Let kids just have some normal shows, man. Statistically, their lives are already bad enough. Divorce is extremely common, moms all over are on opioids, dads are just vanishing left and right, and school is not even trying to not be prison these days. Then the kids get home, and they deserve a fun fantasy world where they can escape from real life for just a little bit, not to have what is essentially a class on ‘inclusively’ made by people who are most likely crazy.
At the end of the day, I have never met a kid who didn’t love Tom and Jerry, because it’s just a fun show that everyone can enjoy. There’s not even words in it, but everyone loves it. It doesn’t push anything, it’s just a fun show. That’s what’s been lost, making a show where enjoyment is the top priority.
Sorry for the rant, but damn does Netflix annoy me with it’s ‘woke’ shit. And just let kids be, they have their entire lives to worry about social things.
1. I see we've just realized the old adage: 95% of everything is shit. You just remember the past as being better due to hindsight bias elevating the good media above the pap while forgetting the pap exists.
2. There are plenty of "normal" kids shows (by which I mean "uninspired pap meant to put the brain into an opiod-like haze") that aren't preachy shite, and the preachy shows don't live very long. There's even a few shows that are decent enough that, 30 years down the line, your equivalent will pine for as a symbol of the halycon past before all these shows got highjacked by pro-robot-rights activists.

SmugAutist

The Ride of the Spergery
kiwifarms.net
Another "children's" cartoon that is going to be seen not by children, but those with the intellect of children. FFS, Steve Universe's average viewer age was what? 23?

Kids today don't have the attention span for anything longer than a 10 second TikTok video, let alone 20 minute episode