Netflix Originals are mostly bad - Is it just me?

Are all of them bad?

• Total voters

Deadwaste

null is a GODDAMN SHIT BITCH
kiwifarms.net
The first episode of this wasn't great. I felt the couple wasn't very sympathetic, their kids were annoying little shits and the guy is probably cheating on his wife.
The next few episodes I watched were a lot better and more wholesome with better people in them.
But if you want to really do this cleaning method I think it's important to read the book. The show is fun and it re-inspired me to clean but I think it glosses over a lot of important stuff in the book. I feel you could very easily watch it and take away the message "get rid of stuff, lots of stuff you don't need it" or just end up organizing everything but neither is really quite it. Some people have said Kondo comes off quite strict in the book, but she's so nice and fun in the TV show that I feel they complement each other. I like Tidying Up.
yeah i decided to watch it and its kinda...wholesome? i guess is the word im thinking of?

Reactions: melty

A Useless Fish

A Fish with literally no value, whatsoever.
kiwifarms.net
So, I just dipped into all the original Korean content Netflix keeps trying to get to watch. I tried a short show called Kingdom, and I was genuinely shocked at how good it fucking was.

At first glance it seems to be a basic a zombie apocalype story set in medieval Korea, but there's actually alot of politics and palace scheming in the background to add to the flavour. It's six episodes long, and each of them averages at maybe 55 minutes. If you don't mind subs and want something familiar with an exotic twist, I would legit recommend it. I am looking forward to the second season, as the ending of the first had a hell of a cliffhanger.

The Trailer

The pretty badass opening Title Sequence:

frozenrunner

I could really use the salt
kiwifarms.net
Am I the only one who thought Altered Carbon was extremely boring? Everyone spergs over it but it just didn't click for me.
I didn't even get through the first episode. The script is awful, and the good actors are just chewing scenery. (Why the fuck did they have James Purefoy doing that voice?!)

It looks great, and I like the concept (even though it's pretty derivative), but I couldn't hang with it. AC was sold to me as serious sci-fi, and I got that drek instead.

• Feels
Reactions: Deadwaste

garakfan69

Please be patient, I have idiocy
kiwifarms.net
Am I the only one who thought Altered Carbon was extremely boring? Everyone spergs over it but it just didn't click for me.
I thought it started out interesting but it just got dumber and dumber as time went on.

Terrorist

Osama bin Ladkin
kiwifarms.net
Does Narcos retain the obnoxious narration the entire time? That's another show I saw the pilot of and just didn't like enough to keep watching.
I think? There's definitely less of it after the exposition in the first couple episodes. I liked goodfellas so narration doesn't really bother me, but YMMV.

• Informative
Reactions: frozenrunner

howyadoin

cool cat from a bland show
kiwifarms.net
Someone got me to marathon One Day at a Time (the woke reboot) because Season 3 premiered. It was genuinely funny and I really like (most of the) characters, especially the main chatacter Penelope. I will say that there are some aspects that made me really cringe, especially Penelope's daughter Elena who's a major SJW and almost every single issue she brings up never gets framed as being flawed. The good thing is that some of her SJW aspects are played for laughs, though. Like her constantly nitpicking things that others wouldn't give a shit about got some laughs.

jellycar

Yes it is I, Patty Hearst
kiwifarms.net
So, I just dipped into all the original Korean content Netflix keeps trying to get to watch. I tried a short show called Kingdom, and I was genuinely shocked at how good it fucking was.

At first glance it seems to be a basic a zombie apocalype story set in medieval Korea, but there's actually alot of politics and palace scheming in the background to add to the flavour. It's six episodes long, and each of them averages at maybe 55 minutes. If you don't mind subs and want something familiar with an exotic twist, I would legit recommend it. I am looking forward to the second season, as the ending of the first had a hell of a cliffhanger.

The Trailer

The pretty badass opening Title Sequence:
How do I look for foreign stuff like this?

A Useless Fish

A Fish with literally no value, whatsoever.
kiwifarms.net
How do I look for foreign stuff like this?
I guess it was because I was watching some anime that Netflix decided to start suggesting other Asian style programs to me. There is a search function, so I guess if you can find this and watch it, Netflix, like youtube, will start recommending stuff similar in some way.

WinterMoonsLight

Tsar of the Internet
kiwifarms.net
The shows are mostly shit, but sometimes they can do a decent movie. I actually really enjoyed the adaptations of Gerald's Game and 1922 they did. Stayed very faithful to King's novels, pretty good actors. It's like any other thing, you have to sift through all the dirt and grime to find the gems.

Crichax

Professional Degree in Jadeology
kiwifarms.net
Has anyone else seen the Turbo FAST show (it's also available on Prime Video now)? I watched the whole thing a few years back, and it was unironically one of the funniest modern cartoons I had ever seen. The mediocre source material was turned into an amazing show that could be hilariously edgy for a show about talking snails sometimes (a song making light of schizophrenia for comedic purposes, anyone?).

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

We are on the Brave BAT program. Consider using Brave as your Browser. It's like Chrome but doesn't tell Google what you masturbate to.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino