Netflix possibly creating animated Diablo series - inb4 sjw demons

• There is a bug with the post editor. Images pasted from other websites from your clipboard will automatically use the [img] tag instead of uploading a copy as an attachment. Please manually save the image, upload it to the site, and then insert it as a thumbnail instead if you experience this.

d12

It's pronounced 'gif'
kiwifarms.net
https://gamesmug.com/2018/09/21/netflix-series-based-on-blizzards-diablo-coming-out-soon/

Netflix is planning to make an animated series based on Diablo
Activision and Netflix look to be pulling together a team to develop an animated series based on Blizzard Entertainment’s Diablo series, at least according to a now-deleted tweet from a possible writer on the project.

If everything falls into place, this would see Diablo join the animated Castlevania series in Netflix’s library of game-inspired content and adds another notable franchise to the growing list of games being picked up for TV and film adaptations.

Andrew Cosby, Hellboy writer and founder of the comic publisher Boom! Studios, tweeted yesterday that he is in final talks to sign on as the showrunner and writer for an otherwise unannounced Diablo animated series on Netflix. The tweet has since been deleted, but the folks at BloodyDisgusting were able to grab the text before Cosby removed the tweet.

“I guess I can confirm I am indeed in final talks to write and show-run the new Diablo animated series for Activision and Netflix,” read Cosby’s now-deleted Tweet. “It’s very exciting and I hope to the High Heavens it all works out.”

I'm not sure about the validity of the information considering its main source is a now deleted tweet but if true it means that everyone's favorite Blizzard rpg is getting its own series ala Castlevania. Thoughts?

Bob Page

Electronic Old Gendo Ikari
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
If it's gonna be an animated fare like the Castlevania series and get some competent actors, I'm on board. I grew up with the series, starting with the first one and something like this honestly needs to be done right. It would be cool if it blends gothic horror with a dash of something unique. All in all, the story is what matters and I could see either it being set during the Sin War or something later on afterwards where it'll somehow involve Deckard Cain.

Also... this:

Last edited:

The Shadow

I hate nerds more than I hate MAD agents!
kiwifarms.net
As I noted in the Netflix Witcher thread, Diablo is the perfect story if you want to put an SJW spin on it. "White guy literally becomes the devil" is the plot of the 2nd game (and arguably the backstory of the first). Featuring strong womyn Rogue and soul brotha Mage.

Bassomatic

HOW DO I KNOW YOU'RE NOT MAKAROV
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I loved D1 and 2. 3 was horribad.

The lore was nothing, the game was a hack and slash not a lore heavy game, I could think of many many game series with deeper and cooler lore to pick. Even if they were to take a bigger name with empty lore, as D3 fell off fastly.

U

UY 690

kiwifarms.net
If it's gonna be an animated fare like the Castlevania series and get some competent actors, I'm on board. I grew up with the series, starting with the first one and something like this honestly needs to be done right. It would be cool if it blends gothic horror with a dash of something unique. All in all, the story is what matters and I could see either it being set during the Sin War or something later on afterwards where it'll somehow involve Deckard Cain.

Also... this:
I just hope TitMouse creates the animation for Diablo again. That was pretty good.

The Shadow

kiwifarms.net
I loved D1 and 2. 3 was horribad.

The lore was nothing, the game was a hack and slash not a lore heavy game, I could think of many many game series with deeper and cooler lore to pick. Even if they were to take a bigger name with empty lore, as D3 fell off fastly.
Diablo is one of those cases where the story is really superfluous to the experience. What little there is, is just there to contribute to the atmosphere, really. The atmosphere is why I found D1 and D2 memorable, and why a half dozen games with identical or better mechanics are long forgotten.

Because Paul Eiding bellowing about Diablo and shit is pretty menacing.

Your Weird Fetish

Intersectional fetishist
kiwifarms.net
Chris Metzen gets a bad rap even though the point where he left as head writer coincides exactly with when Warcraft's story went down the shitter.
Warcraft's story was never good. Metzen has the blame for all the dumbest shit in Starcraft, as well. Not that it ever got any better. Blizzard was never good at telling stories. Their best stuff was when technical limitations prevented them from doing much with writing.

The Shadow

kiwifarms.net
Warcraft's story was never good. Metzen has the blame for all the dumbest shit in Starcraft, as well. Not that it ever got any better. Blizzard was never good at telling stories. Their best stuff was when technical limitations prevented them from doing much with writing.
And even then, what little story they had was a lot better when it was just Bill Roper doing all the voices. The story was bog standard Tolkien/D&D stuff but that dude at least sounded right for the part.

I liked the first two games when the demons were just demons and the humans worshipped God instead of "the Light". I feel the same wat about them pulling the pentagrams out of Diablo 3 after they were everywhere in 1 and 2.

It's like...I know you want to appeal to the euphoric atheists and Chinese and Soccermoms and all but this is literally a game about fighting the devil and his army of demons.

Replicant Sasquatch

Do Lolcows Dream of Electric Hedgehog Pokemon?
kiwifarms.net
Blizzard's storytelling gets better the less significant you go. Take a look at WoW. Go back to Classic Barrens, and the quest chain about exploring the oases and gradually discovering Silithids are showing up--without even knowing what Silithids even are--was far more interesting than the idiotic faction leader soap opera the story became.

Schmeckel

We are amidst strange beings, in a strange land.
kiwifarms.net
If it's narrated by Deckard Cain, and begins with "Stay a while, and listen...." I'll be tuning in.

Secret Asshole

Expert in things that never, ever happened
Forum Staff
⚡ Thunderdomer ⚡
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Diablo and all the others have always possessed white men who massively fucked up, so its a good fit at Netflix.

Zaryiu

kiwifarms.net
Chris Metzen gets a bad rap even though the point where he left as head writer coincides exactly with when Warcraft's story went down the shitter.
Don't get started on him, what he has done in Starcraft 2 is unforgivable and i don't if i get rated Autistic or Mad on Internet, Starcraft 2 was slapping and spitting in the face of every single fan that cared for Starcraft up to that point and kiloing Deckard Cain like that? I cannot forgive that son of a whor.

I'm siclk and tire of everything i like being ruined and i won't hide how i feel. I apologize it's just i've been keeping that pain and frustration in me, i am so damn tired of everything bad in the world so i use entertainment as escapism and so many time someone arrived and ruined what i like, they won't even let me have fun without twisting it

I must sound like a moron

Your Weird Fetish

Intersectional fetishist
kiwifarms.net
Don't get started on him, what he has done in Starcraft 2 is unforgivable and i don't if i get rated Autistic or Mad on Internet, Starcraft 2 was slapping and spitting in the face of every single fan that cared for Starcraft up to that point and kiloing Deckard Cain like that? I cannot forgive that son of a whor.

I'm siclk and tire of everything i like being ruined and i won't hide how i feel. I apologize it's just i've been keeping that pain and frustration in me, i am so damn tired of everything bad in the world so i use entertainment as escapism and so many time someone arrived and ruined what i like, they won't even let me have fun without twisting it

I must sound like a moron
tl;dr
>tfw they ruin your waifu kerrigan by turning her into raynor's waifu