• ”Why did i google my name on kiwifarms. Why, fucking why. It turns out my paranoia is true, im on there. Fuck.”

Netflix to cast Ciri in witcher adaptation as Black womanIt was as if millions of slavs cried out in horror, and then vodka

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by mindlessobserver, Sep 8, 2018.

1. Its not only that, she's not really an experienced actress. So they hired a not experienced actress who is as follows: too young, not experienced, does not look the part and does not look to be able to play the part. She's either bouncing on someone's dick, a pure diversity hire, or Ciri except the backlash scared them out of their minds and she'd already signed something so they pushed her in as Yennefer.

Like, your budget can't be THAT stretched to find an experienced younger actress if you wanted that route to go. Her casting literally makes no sense. Its like the way they casted Solo. The guy who played Han was the first and only one they saw. Yes. That's how they hired him.

So you've got two diversity hires, one in a main role with no experience and another in a minor role for really no reason. Game of Thrones had black people, except when they did it, they were restricted to their nations usually and it made fucking sense. They weren't fucking diversity hires. I can't stand this lazy storytelling shit.

Casts like these are basically a shield to hide from both SJWs and critics. You can point out to SJWs that they're cast is 'diverse' (but they'll still get bad press no matter what, because with cultural studies you can reach any conclusion you want and the worst and most fucktarded ones make money) and critics of your shit writing you can say they're just being racist. Who will then stop watching your show and mock it on Twitter, making it unpopular and fail.

How many fucking times must we repeat this cycle?

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Horrifying Horrifying x 1
    Secret Asshole

True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  2. There's no shortage of hugely talented unknown actresses. They didn't get an established b-lister and you're freaking out about it when some of the best dramas were filled with "unknowns" and writing fanfiction about how it came to that.

lol calm down

Also none of the black people in Game of Thrones made sense. Is your thing just watching adaptations of books you've never read or what? They actually removed the few canonically black characters in the books from the show just to blackwash white characters anyway.

I'm with you on redheads in principle but
    Triss isn't a redhead in the books.
    Eva Green is getting too old. A shame, young Eva Green has that harsh elfish kind of unconventional beauty as described. The acting is more important though. We'll have to see.

Yennefer is biologically in her early 20's. She just seems older than that because of her demeanor being that of a calculating 90 year old crone with severe anger and abandonment issues.

Virtue signalling, or secretly based and redpilled? Nilfgaard is a rapacious empire of slavers.

I don't think making up an entirely new character and shoehorning her in just to have a strong independent black womyn is any better, to be honest. Really, better just not to have any tokenism at all.

What's wrong with Ciri's casting? Kind of weird looking girl that can be pretty in the right light and/or when she ages some, with huge light eyes fits just fine.

You're already really mad about this. To what purpose?

She's a poo in loo? I thought she was white. Just darker than Yennefer is described.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Powerlevel Powerlevel x 1
    #162 Your Weird Fetish, Oct 11, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2018
    Your Weird Fetish

Your Weird Fetish Intersectional fetishist

kiwifarms.net
  3. To oove Yennifer is to want to be a cuck and a toy, i don't remember who i picked but i do remember that much about Yen

• Dumb Dumb x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  4. Idk but Chalotra is definitely an indian surname, she just seems to have somewhat lighter complexion than your usual poo

1539189691552.png

I'm not sure these people are entirely conscious

• Agree Agree x 3
    • 🤔 Thunkful x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  5. To be fair, the real hero in the books is Ciri. The whole story is about her and Geralt quest to find and save her. I also have no problem with the casting of Ciri.

• Agree Agree x 4
    kiwifarms.net
  6. Well Fringilla being black adds a whole new twist to the Nilfgaardians being called the Black Ones.

kiwifarms.net
  7. 111.png

• Winner Winner x 9
    kiwifarms.net
  8. I realize Triss wasn't a Redhead in the books, but in the games, I can't resist. I think the problem is that I've played through all three games and they're different from the books, Triss is the only love interest you really get to know besides Shani. Yennefer you just get to know in one game and even though its more authentic to the books, it just isn't enough to counter that connection to Triss. It just doesn't have that connection and even though her and Geralt have history, you don't really feel that since people who have been playing the games have spent many hours with Triss and 0 with Yen. Her being a redhead helps as well. For me at least. I also like Triss' ending better.

Eva Green doesn't look her age at all, so I don't see what the problem is.

Nothing is wrong with Ciri or Cavill's casting, I was just saying on what I found online, that really nobody is happy with it. I don't care about Ciri's casting. She's fine. I don't even care about Cavill.

Its also Netflix, they're going to have tokenism anyway. Better to make it original than just make it a character already established.

I just think she's a bad choice, her not having much experience or being unknown just adds to that. And yes, she's Indian.

Maybe. But making 'The Black Ones' literally 'The Black Ones'? I mean, I guess.

I'm not so much mad at the series, I'm just tired of tokenism and this fake 'wokeness' from entertainment companies instead of focusing on storytelling.

EDIT:
    I also think Game of Thrones had a massive drop in quality and is basically a bad soap opera. I don't dislike GoT, I just think its hilarious at this point and can't take it seriously ever since the '20 Good Men' in Season 5.

I'm also actually really good with Cavill. He's actually a gamer and played through the Witcher multiple times and read the books. He also was playing World of Warcraft when he got the call that he was going to be Superman. So I have no doubt he understands the character and can bring him to life. That's why I'm excited for the Geralt part. Ciri I haven't seen in anything and I can't vouch for, but looking at her creds, she's got some good work under her belt. So I'm fine with that.

Despite my complaints and the wokeness of the writing staff, the interviews that have been given have not shit all over the fan base at all. Which is always a good sign and shows at least the showrunner respects the audience and fans publicly. She's also highly experienced and has been in TV since 'The West Wing' and worked on Daredevil, which was awesome. So there's that too.

Yennefer I just disagree with wholeheartedly. I just don't think she fits. But as I said, I dislike Yen anyway. Big tiddy Eva Green all the way if I were to have my way with it.

Fringilla is just pure token, which annoys me the most and like I said, Netflix is going to do tokenism. Its just better to do it with a new character than changing one.

I figured I'd add some positivity just so you don't think I'm shitting all over it for no reason. I have my reasons for it. There is some manner of hope, I'm just extremely skeptical. Videogame properties have been fucking awful maybe with the exception of anime Castlevania.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    #168 Secret Asshole, Oct 11, 2018
    Secret Asshole

True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  9. So, since it's not true, is anyone gonna rename this thread?

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    kiwifarms.net
  10. It's not a videogame property. I keep saying that.

Interestingly, they don't seem to have even cast Triss. She's a somewhat minor character in the books. She may not appear in the show. The waifufag rage that results from that should be hilarious.

In other horrifying book related revelations, Yennefer is described as having small tits in the books. But then she wasn't exactly stacked in the game either. Either way, that's two things disqualifying Eva Green.

If you read the whole thing instead of just the highlighted text it's really quite reasonable. Even in the short stories the most interesting ones were stories where he ran up against people like Renfri. Geralt's whole thing is being an outsider. Can't be an outsider if there's not an inside to look at from without.

#170 Your Weird Fetish, Oct 11, 2018
    Your Weird Fetish

kiwifarms.net
  11. We'll just have to agree to disagree then.

You're not going to be able to separate it from the game. Also I don't care nor expect Triss to look anything like she does in the books. She's way worse in the books to Geralt than in the games. I still consider it a gaming property. I'll consider it a book property if it manages to stand on its own in terms of quality. And Triss might not even be in the show. Or have such a minor appearance its not worth announcing.

• Agree Agree x 1
    Secret Asshole

True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  12. Depends on how popular it gets. That said I really think this is being done because Game of Thrones will be gone soon rather than because the games are popular, so that's the audience they're aiming for. Not people that played the Witcher games. Though I'm sure they'd love to have them too. I wouldn't mind the occasional shoutout using the better stuff from the games anyway, personally. Hell, Iorveth is actually mentioned in the books, though he never appears.

Which is exactly why I'm surprised they mentioned Fringilla. She's relatively minor even when she does show up and it's much further in the series. But she's black and I guess they didn't want to go public with an all white(ish) cast.

Your Weird Fetish

kiwifarms.net
  13. Its obvious that its trying to snap up the Game of Thrones audience but Witcher 3 made more than a quarter of a billion dollars on a budget of 81 million. So, there's an ingrained audience and a proven money maker. There are plenty of gritty series to choose from. The Witcher was definitely chosen for both its earning potential and the potential to capture GoT's audience. But I think the success of Game of Thrones, especially later on, is that it plays more like a fantasy soap opera which has a wider appeal.

They 100% were terrified to go with an all white-ish cast. I think the Indian main is enough diversity IMO, since the cast/series has plenty of strong women roles. Its actually kind of sad since the Indian lead character wouldn't count because SJWs would think she was too white. The paper-bag rule is real in fucking 2018

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Feels Feels x 1
    Secret Asshole

True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  14. The first Indo-Aryans were white therefore Pajeetifer needs to check her privilege.

• Feels Feels x 1
    Your Weird Fetish

kiwifarms.net
  15. As long there's 5 episodes dedicated to Triss getting the shits in the woods, it'll be faithful.

• Semper Fidelis Semper Fidelis x 2
    • Feels Feels x 1
    • Islamic Content Islamic Content x 1
    Y2K Baby

Y2K Baby The Codex of Ultimate Wisdom???
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  16. Blood of Elves is a weird book and it's gonna be really hard to adapt.

• Feels Feels x 1
    Your Weird Fetish

kiwifarms.net
  • About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. These people are commonly referred to as Lolcows and are each distinct thanks to their erratic public behavior. Spectators are encouraged to join discussion. The wealth of opinions and knowledge shared by users is what has enabled this peculiar fringe community to thrive despite the incredible adversity and contention brought by those we discuss.

We do not place ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

• Supporting the Forum

BTC: 1LXpv9FUiazGB2LVyS44cTTEQFc8CBgPYi

BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s

ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5

LTC: LNjmyhxThrTMY4izBdcdWqvW287LmCB6bg

XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino

Copyright © 2016 Lolcow LLC
This website may contain offensive or adult content.
Discontinue browsing if it is illegal or against your wishes to see such material.
All content belongs to their respective authors and does not represent Lolcow LLC.
We have not been served any secret court orders and are not under any gag orders.