Netflix's "Cuties" - The Preteen Sexual Objectification Equivalent of "Funny Games"

Jack Awful

Laughs at Tards
kiwifarms.net
Netflix stocks plummeted a lot. The guys of Clownfish TV vlogged if they'll recover? There's an earlier post when someone mentionned "Cutiesgate". I'll think that sounds better than "Netflixgate" for some memes.

One Youtube ranted a good post.
That is a good point. We're in a time where statues of historical figures, buildings named after great men, and important pieces of art are being torn down, renamed, and censored for being "offensive", but the same people say Cuties is OK.

Society is sick.

Last edited:

tehpope

Ever had a crystal ball?
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
That is a good point. We're in a time where statues of historical figures, buildings named after great men, and important pieces of art are being torn down, renamed, and censored for being "offensive", but the same people say Cuties is OK.

Society is sick.
The people running society are sick. The journo and the MSM.

I think society is quite healthy if most decent people are rejecting this film on sight.

Cardenio

Calarts Graduate
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I haven't watched Cuties, I don't have Netflix and I think you'd be straight up crazy to torrent such a flick even with a VPN. With all that said I read a few commentary pieces and the Wikipedia synopsis so I feel entitled to write my own thoughts on the movie.

I do believe that the director of Cuties, Maïmouna Doucouré is sincere in saying that she didn't intend to make a film that encourages the sexualization of children. I just don't think that's the intention of a woman in her mid-30s. I applaud her for making a movie that criticizes conservative Islamic culture which makes wives second class citizens to their husbands. And it seems genuine that the ultimate point of the movie is that children should be treated as children and allowed to have carefree lives playing jump rope.

I personally question the sincerity of the critics who think it's awful that they have the girl actors perform scenes that are filled with sexual innuendo. It seems to be that the one girl blowing a condom into a balloon is meant to be humorous in that she literally doesn't know what a condom is meant for. We've had tons of movies where children are exposed to risque shit and I just don't think it's fair to scorn this movie for it when you had an American comedy like "
Good Boys" that had similarly aged boys saying explicit shit and interacting with sex toys. I totally agree that filmmakers should not be filming children twerking (you could have made the same points without getting so vulgar) but there is an argument to be made that parents need to realize that the sexually laissez-faire culture we're permitting is going to undoubtedly influence the next generation. So if that's what Cuties has people considering then ultimately I'd say has done a good thing by reflecting a mirror onto modern day trashiness.

At the end of the day I can't help but think of the 90s classic "Leon: The Professional." The truth is that film exploits the hell out of a too-young Natalie Portman. And the intentions of the filmmaker Luc Besson are far more dubious as he based the relationship of Leon & Matilda to himself and his girlfriend (now ex-wife), he also knew her when she was just 12 years old. "The Game" scene in Leon is so pervy it's not even on Youtube in High Quality. When you watch that scene it feels wrong to see a 13 year old girl do this.

Children need to be protected, people should be grossed out by this movie, Netflix deserves the anger it receives, but the attacks on the movie itself feel like a case of sensationalism. Again keep in mind I'm not watching the movie because frankly it seems I already got the gist of it.

Last edited:

Secret Asshole

Expert in things that never, ever happened
Local Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
If you read history and genealogy, you'll find that every church was a shaming squad for the community. Policing behavior is something that is ingrained into our brain wiring and always has been, only now it can be done via social media instead of in a rickety building with a cross on top. At least back in the 1700's, there was good reason for community policing behavior - lazy assholes, thieves, and women who pump out fatherless babies are a drain on the community and can potentially threaten its survival during leaner times. People today police community behavior for dopamine hits and to ensure the right politicians get elected so gibs can continue to flow.
It is a dopamine hit, but its also basically our social conditioning and imprinting. It isn't really learned, but a characteristic of our species. The individual is smart, but the mob is stupid has always been the case. So why do mobs form? Because its more socially acceptable to go with the mob and can be dangerous or disrupt your social standing. Its why ANTIFA constantly rioted. It was a self-reinforcing circle. If you're not hucking bricks through windows or gunning down Trump supporters, you're not 'true' ANTIFA. Only when the risk outweighs the social consequences, mobs will stop. Like getting arrested and fully prosecuted by the feds, who basically have no parole in their system. The cause isn't great enough nor is the hit to social standing. The consequences outweigh both, so rioting ceases.

Public shaming is also a mob mentality. To point out bad behavioral standards and the consequences for punishment. Again, these mobs form for similar reasons: Social Status and fear. If you aren't with the mob, you are supporting what the mob/community is against. Of course, people who would gladly commit the same act are in that mob, and many do turn out to be hypocrites. Like the Scarlet Letter, 'A' for adulterer. This was so you could be constantly shamed. And people will never give up on an opportunity to shit all over someone else for free to ignore their own shitty lives and bury their hypocrisy deep.

Mobs should never be listened to. They can't be reasoned with. They aren't founded upon rational behavior. The most important thing you can do is never yield. The problem is, in the past, mobs were public and eventually, shit would return back to normal with discrimination because you couldn't afford to constantly shame, you had shit to do. Now with the advent of Twitter, you can be caught in a mob perpetually. Who can easily block and mute things they don't want to hear. But its not a surprise, because you can't reason with a mob.

There's little point in going after 'Cuties' supporters on Twitter. Its already been divided into a left and right issue, and nearly every progtard on Twitter has Trump derangement syndrome. Its a conspiracy by the alt-right, QAnon and Gamergate. The media is jumping from one foot to the other, because nothing is working and nearly all political sides of the spectrum are disgusted with this shit. But the mob absorbs these and it only encourages them, self-reinforcing false beliefs. All for that sweet dopamine. This entire society is hooked on dopamine hits to ignore their own shit lives.

Gamepad

kiwifarms.net
It says a lot that someone who considers A Serbian Film one of their favorite movies, and appreciates the "themes" of Cuties says that it shouldn't have existed and been a book inside to have a better message
Well, he does recognize the ethical issue of casting actual 11 year olds.

Truthboi

The True and Honest Man
kiwifarms.net
Well, he does recognize the ethical issue of casting actual 11 year olds.
Yep and pointed out that pedos would be watching it, and that they don't read books so it would've been a better way to get the message across. Though he brings up a point I did not consider which is that it's possible the Oscars will have Cuties as a nomination for best foreign film (if it goes to best picture then dear god).

AnOminous

But I'm not mad at anyone.
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
Yep and pointed out that pedos would be watching it, and that they don't read books so it would've been a better way to get the message across. Though he brings up a point I did not consider which is that it's possible the Oscars will have Cuties as a nomination for best foreign film (if it goes to best picture then dear god).
It completely matches their new woke rules that Best Picture has to be a completely worthless piece of shit.

Tags
None