Votes: 59 28.1%
  • Remove all the RPG elements

Votes: 71 33.8%

• Total voters

Mola Ram

Self Righteous Ego Bastard Asshole
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
That weirdo Cole and Cass weren't woke stereotypes imo.

Agreed on Cass; she looks like she's going to be a hard-edged lesbian, but there's more to her than that. I feel like there was some snide purpose to making her so obsessed with romance, but if there was it's so cryptic I can't unravel it.

Cole, on the other hand, was -- I think -- meant to be "neurodivergent." Autistic or whatever. My issue with Cole had less to do with wokeness than the fact his entire backstory made little sense if you hadn't read the tie-in fiction. You can piece together stuff here and there, but all that "Ghost of the Spire" stuff only has any impact if you've read the books or the wiki.

I'd say Vivienne isn't particularly woke. She is underwritten, though, and it's pretty hilarious that BioWare's first major black female party member is a conniving piece of shit, so soon after their first male black party member can cheat on you between games and wind up with a baby mama. Canadian sensitivity!

Groundbreaking-maize

kiwifarms.net
I'd say Vivienne isn't particularly woke. She is underwritten, though, and it's pretty hilarious that BioWare's first major black female party member is a conniving piece of shit, so soon after their first male black party member can cheat on you between games and wind up with a baby mama. Canadian sensitivity!

Had to stick with her for the knight enchanter perks in the dragon fights. But I hated every line of party banter coming out of her mouth, especially towards poor Blackwall who is also a conniving guy but obviously wracked with guilt to the point of self loathing and black depression. He's a very well written character by modern standards.

I nearly want to pick it up again now, but the never ending mmo-style fetch quests and stupid random loot tables still linger in the back of my head.

Fromtheblackdepths

He/She/They/Them/Fish
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Will they cover all the characters in extra-strength vaseline this time or will there be another DLC only character for an entire weapon class?

Ruin

Mercenary Slut
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Will they cover all the characters in extra-strength vaseline this time or will there be another DLC only character for an entire weapon class?

The ultra ultra shiny specular maps on characters was a Frostbite bug apparently.

Fromtheblackdepths

He/She/They/Them/Fish
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Dragon Age's first lesbian romance is an emotionally stunted, potentially abusive shithead who's overflowing with racial self-hatred. I still don't know if this was intentional.
I generally liked her dweebish shithead personality, until she started screaming at on how much the elves were bastards. Also, she seemed so unappealing,not face wise, but in her attitude. She acted so childish, that I couldn't bear to deal with it.

You're also forgetting Leliana that you could romance in the first game.

Mola Ram

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
You're also forgetting Leliana that you could romance in the first game.

Nah, Leliana was bisexual. Inquisition made it a point of introducing same-sex exclusive romances -- Sera and Dorian. Mass Effect 3 did the same thing a couple years eariler, but Samantha Traynor is infinitely more interesting than Sera.

Fromtheblackdepths

He/She/They/Them/Fish
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Nah, Leliana was bisexual. Inquisition made it a point of introducing same-sex exclusive romances -- Sera and Dorian. Mass Effect 3 did the same thing a couple years eariler, but Samantha Traynor is infinitely more interesting than Sera.
Really? I thought the stuff with Marjolaine was confirmation that Leliana was a lesbian,you learn something new everyday.

More AWS-8Q Than You

It's a zombie mech
kiwifarms.net
Really? I thought the stuff with Marjolaine was confirmation that Leliana was a lesbian,you learn something new everyday.

My Wardens would all have been incredibly surprised at finding out Leliana was a lesbian. Especially given how catty she gets if you're banging both her and Morrigan.

Mola Ram

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
My Wardens would all have been incredibly surprised at finding out Leliana was a lesbian. Especially given how catty she gets if you're banging both her and Morrigan.

There's a hilarious bit of cut dialogue where Leliana fumes about how loud Morrigan is when she's screwing the Warden; something about how she sounds like a dying genlock, which must be music to a Grey Warden's ears.

More AWS-8Q Than You

It's a zombie mech
kiwifarms.net
There's a hilarious bit of cut dialogue where Leliana fumes about how loud Morrigan is when she's screwing the Warden; something about how she sounds like a dying genlock, which must be music to a Grey Warden's ears.

Beats that line about exploring Morrigan's swamp. I think my last Origins playthrough my Warden banged both of them, then settled on Leliana and let Loghain father the godbaby or whatever. I remember the first time I turned Loghain into a Warden and realized that the man actually had a point and probably made the right call, just in the wrong way. That it pays off in Inquisition is one of the few good things about that game.

Mola Ram

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Beats that line about exploring Morrigan's swamp. I think my last Origins playthrough my Warden banged both of them, then settled on Leliana and let Loghain father the godbaby or whatever. I remember the first time I turned Loghain into a Warden and realized that the man actually had a point and probably made the right call, just in the wrong way. That it pays off in Inquisition is one of the few good things about that game.

Loghain is one of the elements of Origins that is so conspicuously lacking in both sequels: a complex, well-written, and even sympathetic antagonist. The Archdemon is just the big bad thing you kill at the end; the game's true villain is Loghain, and he's so fascinating that unless I'm romancing Alistair I always keep him alive, just for the conversations (he also has some really interesting dialogue if you take him to Return to Ostagar that reveals Cailan was getting ready to dump Anora for Empress Celene).

Corypheus is a gigantic wasted opportunity. What's there is fine, but there could have been so much more with him. I assume it was held back because it would spoil too much about the truth around the Black City, the Blight, and what exactly he and the other Magisters Sidereal let loose, but if that's the case, why not leave him for a later game?

I guess you could argue Solas is the true villan of DA:I, in which case you have an antagonist on Loghain's level ... but that feels like a bit of a cheat when the revelation is restricted to a post-credits scene and a DLC epilogue.

The less said about DA2's villains, the better. (Except for the Arishok. Whole damn game should have been about him.)

More AWS-8Q Than You

It's a zombie mech
kiwifarms.net
Loghain is one of the elements of Origins that is so conspicuously lacking in both sequels: a complex, well-written, and even sympathetic antagonist. The Archdemon is just the big bad thing you kill at the end; the game's true villain is Loghain, and he's so fascinating that unless I'm romancing Alistair I always keep him alive, just for the conversations (he also has some really interesting dialogue if you take him to Return to Ostagar that reveals Cailan was getting ready to dump Anora for Empress Celene).

Corypheus is a gigantic wasted opportunity. What's there is fine, but there could have been so much more with him. I assume it was held back because it would spoil too much about the truth around the Black City, the Blight, and what exactly he and the other Magisters Sidereal let loose, but if that's the case, why not leave him for a later game?

I guess you could argue Solas is the true villan of DA:I, in which case you have an antagonist on Loghain's level ... but that feels like a bit of a cheat when the revelation is restricted to a post-credits scene and a DLC epilogue.

The less said about DA2's villains, the better. (Except for the Arishok. Whole damn game should have been about him.)

Loghain at Ostagar was great. I had friends look at me like I was crazy for even daring to suggest saving him, because he obviously should die. Hope they liked their Hawke dying in DA:I.

DA2 had the framework of an interesting story, but I think the 18-month dev time ruined it. I did enjoy combat the best out of the three, so I have a soft spot for it. And the most adorable abomination who shouldn't be meddling with forces she doesn't understand, but tanks like a champ.

Ruin

Mercenary Slut
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Loghain at Ostagar was great. I had friends look at me like I was crazy for even daring to suggest saving him, because he obviously should die. Hope they liked their Hawke dying in DA:I.

DA2 had the framework of an interesting story, but I think the 18-month dev time ruined it. I did enjoy combat the best out of the three, so I have a soft spot for it. And the most adorable abomination who shouldn't be meddling with forces she doesn't understand, but tanks like a champ.

Wasn't DA2 a canceled Origins DLC that was slightly extended and sold as a full game or was that a rumor?

More AWS-8Q Than You

It's a zombie mech
kiwifarms.net
Wasn't DA2 a canceled Origins DLC that was slightly extended and sold as a full game or was that a rumor?

I believe it was always intended to be its own game, but I don't think it was meant to be a proper sequel to Origins, more like a side story. I remember the working title for it being DA:Exodus and I think a lot of the dislike would have gone away if it had just been a side story. The events are important, but other than the Mages doing what Mages always do when they chimp out, nothing was all that important to the world in general.

That doesn't even go into them giving Anders to Hepler to butcher. You'd think that after she made Orzimmar the most boring part of Origins they'd keep her away from anything important.