New Looney Tunes series -

Kari Kamiya

"I beat her up, so I gave her a cuck-cup."
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
At least it doesn't have the cheap Flash animation like what was hosted on their website all those years ago, although those still had the Looney Tunes spirit regardless of the animation. Kinda had remembrance of that tbh.

Bugs in a few places actually had that exaggerated hammy Mel Blanc style in his voice, which made me go "Wait what the fuck, this isn't previously-recorded Mel audio, is it?" Going to remain cautiously optimistic, although Marvin's softer design makes me squee a bit since he's my favorite Looney Tune. Am still going to miss Joe Alaskey, though, I don't even know who's Daffy and Marvin nowadays.

I don't think we're going to ever get anymore theatrical releases (Space Jam 2 notwithstanding, but that's still one big "what the fuck"), even though they should bring back theatrical shorts. Well, make do with what you can do, and don't bite the hand that feeds you.

QuokkaCaptain

The happiest of all the marsupials
kiwifarms.net
I think this looks great. After Wabbit (which I liked, tbh) it's nice to see a return to a more classic style of Looney Tunes animation. And while it may be hard to judge just from this trailer, it looks like they're going for the same classic humor but with a sprinkling of modern touch in there (the "streaming channel" joke).

I'm excited!

frozenrunner

Please do not hoard limited salt supplies.
kiwifarms.net
My problem with the trailer is you don't get a sense they'll go anywhere for a joke. The old Looney Tunes cartoons were much more devoted to comedy and gags even if they were kind of mean-spirited (even if "cruel" only towards the characters themselves). This looks a lot more watered down in comparison.

Animation looks good, though. I'm glad this is being made.

SSF2T Old User

https://www.fightcade.com/id/KF-SSF2TOldUser
kiwifarms.net
Actually I don't know why people get all up in arms when it comes to Looney Tunes referencing modern day shit when they've always done that. They were at their fucking prime during WWII for a reason.
It's one thing when they base an entire episode around a theme (such as your WW2 example) and just build the humor/slapstick jokes around it.

It's another thing entirely when you have episodes of them doing sitcom skits (like going to the movies or a diner) and they just reference modern shit.

The Last Stand

Kiwi Farms Popularity Judge
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Actually I don't know why people get all up in arms when it comes to Looney Tunes referencing modern day shit when they've always done that. They were at their fucking prime during WWII for a reason.
I think the concern, with a lot of media nowadays, is that it'll go the "woke" approach and tell a ORANGE MAN BAD joke.

Looking through the trailer a second time, I can see more care in the animation than Wabbit. It's less "cheap" and static.

PopRocks

it prounouced Ca-Kow!
kiwifarms.net
It's one thing when they base an entire episode around a theme (such as your WW2 example) and just build the humor/slapstick jokes around it.

It's another thing entirely when you have episodes of them doing sitcom skits (like going to the movies or a diner) and they just reference modern shit.
Like the time they had a whole short referencing Dick Tracy? Or that time they straight up parodied 1930's Hollywood stars? Looney Tunes was always about referencing shit as much as it was about slapstick and gags.

SSF2T Old User

https://www.fightcade.com/id/KF-SSF2TOldUser
kiwifarms.net
Like the time they had a whole short referencing Dick Tracy?
if you're talking about "the Great Piggy Bank Robbery" then that's not a "reference". The entire episode is based on a "Crime Mystery" theme after Daffy Duck knocks himself out while he was reading a Dick Tracy comic book. A reference would be like if Daffy Duck was chilling on a farm, and then said "something something dick tracy something something" and then went back home to watch tv. The episode shows that Daffy Duck is a fan of Dick Tracy and then goes into a dream sequence of "what if Daffy was just like Dick Tracey". So most of the episode has gags/jokes that revolve around that theme. In other words, it's not just one throw-away line that never gets used for anything.

Spamy the Bot

Notorious Moon
kiwifarms.net
The animation on a superficial level looks more similar to the originals, of course you simply won't get golden age cartoon with modern TV budgets. I doubt even the talent is around for having full animation.

The voice acting wasn't that bad. The humor is a bit self referential, but I think it can work. One need to see it in context to see if it works.
huh, the animation isn't horrible, but it still looks like that overly bouncy flash motions to me.
ToonBoom studio magic at work, possibly.

Reactions: LubbyChudder

Yamma Damma

Damma Doo
kiwifarms.net
Now this looks promising.
Looney Tunes Show was fucking terrible with stiff animation and how slow it took for any jokes to play out and land (Lola needed to be shot). Wabbit had too much focus on Bugs and that squirrel before morphing into an entirely new LT cartoon halfway through. But this looks pretty good. Like Sylvester & Tweety Mysteries good.

The only way I'll put money down for HBO Max to watch is if they put in my boy Speedy Gonzales in.

SteelPlatedHeart

Not-So-New Guy
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
My problem with the trailer is you don't get a sense they'll go anywhere for a joke. The old Looney Tunes cartoons were much more devoted to comedy and gags even if they were kind of mean-spirited (even if "cruel" only towards the characters themselves). This looks a lot more watered down in comparison.

Animation looks good, though. I'm glad this is being made.
Yeah, I can’t imaging the writing will have the same bite as the original.

Tags
None