New Looney Tunes series -

Saxxon

Sperging on the internet is the future of society
kiwifarms.net
The animation looks good, it really captures that classic feeling but the deal maker for me will be the writing if we have something that resembles the perfect comedy of the golden era it will be just great.

Didn't the beaners make a huge deal when they removed him some years ago?
Yes they did, they love speedy it was the faggot Americans that got offended in their behalf.

Jewelsmakerguy

Domo Arigato
kiwifarms.net
That animation was horrible. Unpopular opinion, but this looks similar to Wabbit. Too much of a stretch and pull animation.

The voices will take some getting used to.

Why HBO? I thought they were owned by WB.
I saw it mostly with the animation on Tweety in the trailer. I'd assume this has to do with the different studios animating the shorts and how they're approaching the animation.

That said, it can't be any worse than Rooster Teeth's offering with Gen;LOCK season 2. Though there's still no trailer for that as of yet, so who knows.

Stab You in the Back

kiwifarms.net
I'm going to reserve judgment until I see a full episode. Good slapstick is more than just beating the shit out of people, and I'm worried the show is going to be like the Dynamite short where its just context-less violence and/or homages to the old cartoons.

Reactions: Dark Emporer Dood

GeneralFriendliness

General of Dokar's Soy-Slaying Anti-Lego Regiment
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The yellow gloves are weird.
The yellow gloves are actually referencing one of Bugs' earliest design back when he was called Happy Rabbit.
1587517442946.png

His very first design though was even odder.
1587517521220.jpeg

Actually I don't know why people get all up in arms when it comes to Looney Tunes referencing modern day shit when they've always done that. They were at their fucking prime during WWII for a reason.
True but a lot of modern references were less prominent in the Chuck Jones era and later shorts which I think helped to make those shorts feel more timeless. Some older referential jokes like Bing Crosby's gambling addiction and Eddie Cantor's obsession with having a son were executed well enough that I think they can endure for all time even by those who aren't familiar with them who can consider such gags to be examples of random or nonsensical humor. I guess it all depends if these references to mobile phones and streaming services are well executed or not. If they are then these references might prove memorable, as long as they avoid any social drama references.

Anyway the real question here is... are Pepe Le Pew and Speedy Gonzales too problematic for this new modern Looney Tunes?

The Pink Panther

Speechless
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Now this looks promising.
Looney Tunes Show was fucking terrible with stiff animation and how slow it took for any jokes to play out and land (Lola needed to be shot). Wabbit had too much focus on Bugs and that squirrel before morphing into an entirely new LT cartoon halfway through. But this looks pretty good. Like Sylvester & Tweety Mysteries good.

The only way I'll put money down for HBO Max to watch is if they put in my boy Speedy Gonzales in.
bruh, you can't just shit on kino like TLTS and expect your ass to get by.....

TLTS was the funniest shit alive, especially if you enjoyed dialogue humor and escalation.

GeneralFriendliness

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Now this looks promising.
Looney Tunes Show was fucking terrible with stiff animation and how slow it took for any jokes to play out and land (Lola needed to be shot). Wabbit had too much focus on Bugs and that squirrel before morphing into an entirely new LT cartoon halfway through. But this looks pretty good. Like Sylvester & Tweety Mysteries good.

The only way I'll put money down for HBO Max to watch is if they put in my boy Speedy Gonzales in.
I agree, this does look far more promising than absolute garbage like Wabbit. I just wish they'd make another show like Sylvester & Tweety Mysteries or Duck Dodgers. Something focusing around another iconic toon that's not Bugs on their own unique adventures that are full of fresh humor and new ideas but with well-aged homages to past media thrown in that helps to introduce the old elements to new generations without being repetitive retreads or poorly executed.

• Optimistic
Reactions: The Last Stand

The Last Stand

Kiwi Farms Popularity Judge
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Who hates The Looney Tunes Show?

I actually enjoyed it. The change of pace was a nice one. Something about them relying on character development instead of slapstick strengthens their attributes.

Lola did get more screen time compared to Space Jam. If you paid attention, there were a couple callouts to older Looney Tunes.

Yamma Damma

Damma Doo
kiwifarms.net
bruh, you can't just shit on kino like TLTS and expect your ass to get by.....

TLTS was the funniest shit alive, especially if you enjoyed dialogue humor and escalation.
You can like what you like buddy, calm down.

I just expect cartoons to be fucking CARTOON-Y. Not just in terms of crazy situations but breaking world rules too. If characters in a cartoon can do more things real people can do than not, it's not a cartoon. It's just a stylistic choice. If Bugs Bunny can't throw anvils on Elmer Fudd and he springs back up like an accordion and proceeds to chase him without a break, it's not fucking Looney Tunes. Baby LT and Sylvester/Tweety Mysteries get passes because they're spinoffs. LTS was counted as a new incarnation of the classic show. It was boring and Lola was better as sporty eyecandy than the blabby psycho she became.

Different strokes and all that, I guess. 🚬
I agree, this does look far more promising than absolute garbage like Wabbit. I just wish they'd make another show like Sylvester & Tweety Mysteries or Duck Dodgers. Something focusing around another iconic toon that's not Bugs on their own unique adventures that are full of fresh humor and new ideas but with well-aged homages to past media thrown in that helps to introduce the old elements to new generations without being repetitive retreads or poorly executed.
Duck Dodgers was pretty decent. Years ago there was an artist developing a fan story where Bugs was a cyborg villain and it was pretty interesting. (sadly they abandoned it.)

GeneralFriendliness

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
You can like what you like buddy, calm down.

I just expect cartoons to be fucking CARTOON-Y. Not just in terms of crazy situations but breaking world rules too. If characters in a cartoon can do more things real people can do than not, it's not a cartoon. It's just a stylistic choice. If Bugs Bunny can't throw anvils on Elmer Fudd and he springs back up like an accordion and proceeds to chase him without a break, it's not fucking Looney Tunes. Baby LT and Sylvester/Tweety Mysteries get passes because they're spinoffs. LTS was counted as a new incarnation of the classic show. It was boring and Lola was better as sporty eyecandy than the blabby psycho she became.

Different strokes and all that, I guess. 🚬

Duck Dodgers was pretty decent. Years ago there was an artist developing a fan story where Bugs was a cyborg villain and it was pretty interesting. (sadly they abandoned it.)
But Sylvester/Tweety Mysteries did regularly use over the top slapstick and cartoonish violence unlike Baby LT, TLTS and Wabbit.

Tags
None