New Looney Tunes series -

Cast Iron Pan

First-generation son of Antarcticano refugees
kiwifarms.net
So, here’s a poster for the series.
View attachment 1278501

I think it’s cool that they’ve got a lot of the less prominent characters here, like the Dover Boys.
You that joke about wrong-sounding muppets? Here we introduce wrong-looking looney tunes characters. Many of the faces looks wrong. And in a way that is offputting or downright creepy. Especially what they've done with Bugs!
There's a new clip out!
{5071B77D-00BA-46B1-9B57-B187DB11C23C}.png
Those voice actors should be tied to anvils and tossed into the ocean.

Trilby

Sorry, but not sorry!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
OHHHHHHH IT'S MY BOY SPEEDY!!! :heart-full: Wait is that the sheepdog? AND the Dover Boys?!
OK. Take my weed money, HBO. Actually take half in case this show needs a boost.
I'm only amused someone remembered Blacque Jacque Shellaque. I also spot little Ralphie Philips!

And good to see they didn't remove Pepe or Speedy. Also that gorilla bird hybrid in the top left doesn't seem familiar. Is he new or an homage to some other LT media?
I wish I knew, that character's new to me as well. While I couldn't spot the Minah Bird in this, I see Mary Jane was included, she was never animated before, being a character created solely in the comics to pair off with Sniffles Mouse. None of the post-67 guys aren't here either so we're safe there!

Reactions: Yamma Damma

GeneralFriendliness

General of Dokar's Soy-Slaying Anti-Lego Regiment
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'm only amused someone remembered Blacque Jacque Shellaque. I also spot little Ralphie Philips!

I wish I knew, that character's new to me as well. While I couldn't spot the Minah Bird in this, I see Mary Jane was included, she was never animated before, being a character created solely in the comics to pair off with Sniffles Mouse. None of the post-67 guys aren't here either so we're safe there!
I noticed Mary Jane as well. Kinda pleased they acknowledged something from the comics and obscure media. But that gorilla bird perplexes me. I don't remember ever seeing it in the cartoons or any comics that I know of. And I think Jacque was in the Looney Tunes Show as a poacher once.

Kari Kamiya

"I beat her up, so I gave her a cuck-cup."
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The gorilla-bird looks like it came from one of those Dr. Monroe (well, Dr. Moron) shorts or something along those lines. It had to have come from the same episode as this gorilla.
gorilla.jpg

They might be digging into some obscure stuff, though, like maybe they're pulling characters and monsters from the video games and comics.

Saxxon

Sperging on the internet is the future of society
kiwifarms.net
I like how the characters are designed to resemble the art direction of the 1940s shorts, including ones who were introduced in 1950s onwards. And then there's Lola Bunny (introduced in 1996) who sticks out like a sore thumb.
View attachment 1279869
What are they gonna even do with her? Will she be the fapbait that she was in space jam? or the crazy and more "looney" version of LTS?

Yamma Damma

Damma Doo
kiwifarms.net
What are they gonna even do with her? Will she be the fapbait that she was in space jam? or the crazy and more "looney" version of LTS?
To HELL with LTS Lola! She played a TV reporter in that Tweety movie so maybe they could make her like Hello Nurse or Ms. Bellum: Liked for her body, loved for her brain. Hell, make her like Babs and let her be Bugs' comedy partner sometimes. Whatever they do I just hope she's entertaining.

Dark Emporer Dood

I exist
kiwifarms.net
Oh fuck. Its Bunny Snatcher Bugs
View attachment 1277689
As a kid I found that cartoon odd, but overtime I began to realize that it predicted virtually every later Looney Tunes reboot, right down to the cheap cut out animation!

I like how the characters are designed to resemble the art direction of the 1940s shorts, including ones who were introduced in 1950s onwards. And then there's Lola Bunny (introduced in 1996) who sticks out like a sore thumb.
View attachment 1279869
To me a number of them dont quite fit, but I expect the designs to be slightly different once they're in motion. The Looney Tunes show in particular had promo-art that didnt quite match the show.

Many of the faces looks wrong. And in a way that is offputting or downright creepy. Especially what they've done with Bugs!

View attachment 1279493
Trying to mimic 40's animation in Toon Boom is like trying to run a Model T on regular gas, it just doesnt work right

Last edited:

Sayon

kiwifarms.net
I wish they'd give up on trying to make Looney Tunes for the Current Year (especially when even the Looney Tunes Show had Sam lose his pistols thanks to gun control laws) and just stick to building on iconic shorts like they did with Duck Dodgers. I'd be down with a heroic fantasy setting Looney Tunes based on a cross between the Robin Duck short and that one where Bugs takes on a medieval king's goon.

Dark Emporer Dood

I exist
kiwifarms.net
I showed my dad the trailer. He said it was shit and that they were trying too hard.

I don’t know about that, but dammit Looney Tunes should not have tweening!
Nothing professional should have tweening. I tried "tweening" a few times myself, Adobe Flash, Moho...(Anime Studio now), I kinda got the basic idea of it but couldnt stand the effect, its a bit like paper cut out stop motion but without the actual precision that it takes to animate each frame, and it being digital grants you less control over the production.

GeneralFriendliness

General of Dokar's Soy-Slaying Anti-Lego Regiment
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I wish they'd give up on trying to make Looney Tunes for the Current Year (especially when even the Looney Tunes Show had Sam lose his pistols thanks to gun control laws) and just stick to building on iconic shorts like they did with Duck Dodgers. I'd be down with a heroic fantasy setting Looney Tunes based on a cross between the Robin Duck short and that one where Bugs takes on a medieval king's goon.
Oddly enough you would instead see Lola and Bugs at shooting ranges in that show yet Sam or Elmer weren't allowed to use a gun.
Current Year-ifing classic properties always leads to disappointment, just make some new unholy garbage like Steven Universe for the Current Year freaks instead of butchering classics. As for the fantasy setting, I think it has the potential to work in a similar vein to Duck Dodgers.
A shame they didn't go with it.

Technetium

kiwifarms.net
Why is he using that way-over-the-top yelling voice every time Bugs gets excited to himself? If it was reserved for moments where Bugs is deathly afraid of something I could let it go, but not with casual excitement. It's just annoying and overused at that point.
Yes this bothered me too, glad I'm not the only one.

• Agree
Reactions: Scratch This Nut

Scratch This Nut

Problematic Chihuahua
kiwifarms.net
Oddly enough you would instead see Lola and Bugs at shooting ranges in that show yet Sam or Elmer weren't allowed to use a gun.
Current Year-ifing classic properties always leads to disappointment, just make some new unholy garbage like Steven Universe for the Current Year freaks instead of butchering classics. As for the fantasy setting, I think it has the potential to work in a similar vein to Duck Dodgers.
A shame they didn't go with it.
Ducktales is literally the only good one.

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: Yamma Damma

Michael Jacks0n

You know I'm bad, I'm bad.
kiwifarms.net
First of all, why is Daffy such a dark shade of orange?

As for the animation, it seriously looks like a lower-budget ripoff of John K's Ren & Stimpy. With the animation and artwork of this trailer, I was honestly getting vibes of Cans Without Labels...albeit maybe it's because that shitty cartoon was so terrible that it left me permanently jaded towards animation. Who knows.

The Pink Panther

Looking At Your Stag Reel
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

As for the animation, it seriously looks like a lower-budget ripoff of John K's Ren & Stimpy. With the animation and artwork of this trailer, I was honestly getting vibes of Cans Without Labels...albeit maybe it's because that shitty cartoon was so terrible that it left me permanently jaded towards animation. Who knows.
lol you really thought it looked that bad?

WarJams

kiwifarms.net
Also that gorilla bird hybrid in the top left doesn't seem familiar. Is he new or an homage to some other LT media?
It reminds me of the two-headed vulture from Transylvania. Which makes sense since it's positioned with Count Bloodcount. Since the episode ended with the Count transformed into a vulture getting chased by the female vulture, perhaps they canoodled and this is the monster son of Count Bloodcount and the two-headed vulture? That would actually be pretty funny.

Jewelsmakerguy

Domo Arigato
kiwifarms.net

No, Cans without Labels was the absolute bottom when it comes to complete animation. This just feels like trying to fit a square peg (in this case, tweened ToonBoom animation) into a round hole (1940s LT style).

Of course, we have 4 studios working on the show and we've only seen the work of two of them (Tonic and Snipple), so it's possible it's going to be a "depending on studio" type of thing the 90s WB cartoons ended up doing. Growing pains and them trying to get a hang of the style is also a possible option in this situation.

Tags
None