New Looney Tunes series -

Dark Emporer Dood

I exist
kiwifarms.net
Man, Twitter really vilified the hell out of that old animator that critiques the new short.
Are they going on about it on Twitter or just youtube?

LME Studios comment really sums up the fandom though, they want Greg to be an insincere positive "father" figure, while Greg simply speaks his honest opinion, coming from a different era and all. His observations are interesting too, noting how others question the plot, and the others who wildly praise these new shorts (nothing wrong with liking them but the fans go a bit beyond that).

Heck, he did give "critique", was it the wrong critique? Or was it too blunt for todays generation?
.That studio literally perfected squash-and-stretch for 3D animation and they would use it to full effect for the slapstick, and I hate that it's not used more by anyone. The potential is right there, we have proof of it, but no one's taking advantage of it.
Years ago even claymation was doing the whole "squash and stretch" stuff, or at least variants, be it Gumby, Morph, or Pingu, and in claymation this requires one to create several real physical models, mind you this was all done on a TV budget and what not. Then you had anime which would often use it to get a character to and from in comedy scenes, though its a bit less common today.

The problem with todays animators is that they love showing off still images, they stick em up on social media for everyone to drool over. No one ever uses a gif to show off their talent.

Last edited:

Rinny.

a fhakin rat
kiwifarms.net
Id say that was breddy gwed , I hope they keep going in this direction and try to not to keep doing similar stuff to Pet Coaster.

Jewelsmakerguy

Domo Arigato
kiwifarms.net
Is it me or does the video bug up a bit at 26 seconds? Theres similar flickering throughout the short, Coyote gets a lot of tweening/flash magic as you'd expect.

Imo the CGI Roadrunner shorts were better
No, I noticed the video bugged up too. Probably the encoding on the upload got fucked up because it keeps getting jumpy from then on out.

EDIT: Yep, it's the YouTube upload that's fucked, the one on their twiter page looks fine.

Last edited:

The Pink Panther

Looking At Your Stag Reel
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Id say that was breddy gwed , I hope they keep going in this direction and try to not to keep doing similar stuff to Pet Coaster.
You guys, kinda realize that Pest Coaster is probably going to be the norm. The format of the show seems to be one 5 or 6 minute short, one 3 minute short, and one 1 minute short, right?

• Feels
Reactions: Rinny. and Trilby

Rinny.

a fhakin rat
kiwifarms.net
You guys, kinda realize that Pest Coaster is probably going to be the norm. The format of the show seems to be one 5 or 6 minute short, one 3 minute short, and one 1 minute short, right?
It wasn't really the time I was had an issue with , it was just the direction for me actually, but yeah, the shortness sucks too

• Feels
Reactions: The Pink Panther

Kari Kamiya

"I beat her up, so I gave her a cuck-cup."
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I don't know if it's because of the voices (didn't watch Wabbit! nor The Looney Tunes Show so I was unaware of Sylvester's new voice) or the character designs, or even the animation itself, but "Boo! Appetweet" was weirding me out. I was just getting those Flash cartoons flashbacks the entire time (especially "Twick or Tweety"), and I'm honestly unsure if that's really a good thing. I mean, I liked watching them when I first went on the website back in the day, but the fast pacing makes me think of that, just with more fluid animation. Granny being led out of the picture and then not coming back might've been the missing puzzle piece, but I dunno. Just didn't sit well with me, needed to slow down, I suppose.

"Bubble Dum" is another short but sweet, like it knew not to stretch the gag out past its limit and I liked it. Although there could've been a few more opportunities to play around with the gum, but if it had to go through multiple storyboards and they had to have that time limit, then I get it. Daffy's great and zany anyway, so animators can do a lot with him and it wouldn't be out-of-character for him.

So yeah, looks like we have ourselves a grab bag after all, even in the same episode. Probably inevitable at this point.

Jewelsmakerguy

Domo Arigato
kiwifarms.net
I've already seen this one, and I have to admit, this was probably not a good jumping in point for the series for anyone who haven't seen the previous four shorts.

I particularly get the stark feeling "Boo! Appetweet" was made very early on in the production run, if not made as one of the very first shorts, as nothing sits right about pretty much everything regarding the production values to me. Sylvester sounds almost exactly just Bergman's voice for Daffy in The Looney Tunes Show and Tweety sounds like he's entered puberty. And the animation is very much tween-heavy with its movement and timing looking pretty robotic and sluggish. It comes off as uncanny as a result, more so than "Pest Coaster" if you ask me.

"Bubble Dum", fine, they at least knew when to end it so it didn't overstay its welcome and some of the gags work better than in the previous one thanks to the timing and delivery of Daffy's lines. The Bugs and Elmer short inbetween is nothing special, but it's not horrible either, again short enough it doesn't overstay its welcome.

If anything I'm actually surprised that Warner actually bothered to credit the team at Yowza this time around. I honestly wasn't expecting them to go that extra mile and thought it was just going to be another Green Eggs situation.

• Agree
Reactions: Dark Emporer Dood

The Pink Panther

Looking At Your Stag Reel
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
New cartoon out!
I liked this.

The Tweety short was ok, but the premise has been done before and better.
The Bugs mini-gag was alright.
The Daffy short was actually pretty funny. Visually unique and has good timing.

This seems like it's going to be one of those shows that's going to veer around a 6-7/10 range. I think Yowza's animation is a bit weaker than Snipple's now that I think about it...

Dark Emporer Dood

I exist
kiwifarms.net
I admittedly kinda skimmed all three of the newest shorts, the animations still very inconsistent, "Bubble Dum" felt more Ren and Stimpy than LT, especially when Daffy becomes a skeleton (are they already re using gags?).

ezgif-6-ba9be401a798.gif

This bit in particular looked like something you could do in Flash circa 2004

They should've just uh....let Billy West play Elmer.
They should've hired a VA that can actually hold Elmers voice, both him and Bugs slip up a bit.

Last edited:

Bush did USS Maine

Coal fires don't sink steel hulls
kiwifarms.net
Just watched episodes 1, 2, 4, and 5 (the third is the one where Sylvester believes he's haunted posted earlier). They've only released 10 so far. I liked the second the most and the 4th was the one I thought was the weakest, but overall I'd say there's not a significant variance in quality so far. Watching the clips in this thread will pretty much tell you exactly how much you'll like the show. My main complaint is that the first five are focused mostly on Bugs (facing either Elmer or Yosemite Sam), Porky and Daffy, or Sylvester and Tweety, and feature a short gag with Wile E. Coyote and Roadrunner and one with Marvin the Martian. I'm hoping there's a larger variety of characters in episode 6 and beyond. Episode 2 did feature Gossamer as Bugs' antagonist, and the poster showed a much wider range, so I'm optimistic that the animators will reflect that in the series. Overall, probably not going to be remembered the way the classics are, but certainly fun.

Speaking of the classics, HBO Max also has a pretty large selection of them. It also has the Looney Tunes Show and Sylvester and Tweety Mysteries. They don't have the Duck Dodgers cartoon though.

Tags
None