New member or thinking of joining? / Directory - How to fit in to forum culture | Ask questions here

Fascist Ferret

reporting for duty
kiwifarms.net
correction: taint piercing
I googled what on earth that looks like, and behold! I found a thread from our dear leader!

THOTto

Kamov’s (legal) personal cum dumpster.
Supervisor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
correction: rejected infected taint piercing
Fixed this for you buddy, I would tag everyone else but I'm sure they'll never forget it. The fact an old thread of mine can horrify users after so long makes me happy, disturbing people on a site full of autistic faggots truly is my pathetic calling. never forget that destiny is a squirter.

Also gotta say, the drink rating was worth the cost. Then again I am a lush. Seriously though don't be afraid of asking shit you might get razzed a bit but it's better then not asking and making an ass of yourself. You can always dm me or twinks too since we kinda have to help.

Fascist Ferret

reporting for duty
kiwifarms.net
I know it wouldn't make sense to resurrect a dead thread, so I suppose if we have a question about old content, should we quote the post/content in the main thread and attach the question/take we might have?

What if we make a thread for questions about old news/wanting to talk about old stuff? At the same time, though, I doubt there is sufficient demand for that...

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: Punkinsplice

Over9000Bacons

kiwifarms.net
Former reddit tards STOP commenting on old threads when it's completely irrelevant. It just bumps it to the top and no one cares what you have to say about a year old alr vlog.
I'm seeking clarification to avoid future fuckery. Does reacting to a post within a thread bump said thread or does it simply notify the author of the reaction? Would that notification be considered a violation of netiquette rule 4 within the context of this forum? Clearly, the best practice is to never comment on old threads (duh) but I'd like to understand the impact reactions have on thread visibility, if any.

Pineapple Fox

For conversations sake
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'm seeking clarification to avoid future fuckery. Does reacting to a post within a thread bump said thread or does it simply notify the author of the reaction? Would that notification be considered a violation of netiquette rule 4 within the context of this forum? Clearly, the best practice is to never comment on old threads (duh) but I'd like to understand the impact reactions have on thread visibility, if any.
If the person has reactions turned on they will see it but don’t let that stop you from using stickers how you see fit, no matter how old or off topic a comment is, it doesn’t bump anything.

SAVE TWINKIE!

Supervisor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I know it wouldn't make sense to resurrect a dead thread, so I suppose if we have a question about old content, should we quote the post/content in the main thread and attach the question/take we might have?
Yes, post it in General Discussion if it's just about Amberlynn's life or a specific older video or something like that. If it's a more specific question (her pets, her roommates, Becky's family, etc.) then post it in the appropriate perpetual thread.

What if we make a thread for questions about old news/wanting to talk about old stuff? At the same time, though, I doubt there is sufficient demand for that...
Unnecessary, just use General for that. And don't forget, we have a fairly robust search function here.

THOTto

Kamov’s (legal) personal cum dumpster.
Supervisor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Updated the subtitle, this thread has become something of an FAQ anyway. Stop tagging tards here to backseat mod and report their posts instead. Directing them here politely is fine, this thread was me drunk posting and never intended to be pinned let alone what it’s turned into.

I’m going to update the op however, anyone can respond to questions, it won’t be just asking staff. However make sure you know what you’re talking about and don’t act like a tough guy here because you’ve been here longer, we don’t need more slapfights then we already have.

SAVE TWINKIE!

Supervisor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
If you notice you're getting alerts of your posts being moved, it's probably because we're cleaning out the Social Media thread. That thread is derailed continuously and I ain't even mad because there's no feasible way to prevent this from happening. We want discussion of what ALR posts on Social Media. But once the thread hits a certain level of derail I start moving posts like the dutiful janitor I am.

I just wanted to clarify this for any new and/or confused users that see alerts of their post getting moved from Social Media to other threads. You're not in trouble or anything, it's just janny duties. 🧹

Peetz's Bank Account

we on wot? we on CRACK luvs xx
kiwifarms.net
I have a serious question

Are we allowed to get animal control called because of how they treat Twinkie? That house is not good for a dog to live in and there's evidence they treat Twinkie like shit
Imo that counts as cow tipping and I think the treatment of the animals, while not ideal, gets blown way out of proportion. Amber is most certainly a lazy pet owner but it's glaringly obvious that she isn't kicking or hitting her pets. They are kept fed and seem to get a reasonable amount of attention. I don't want to get on a soapbox but it is not our place to interfere in the life of an exceptional and (relatively) harmless lolcow that we gossip about on an online forum. If she were putting someone else in some kind of grave danger and no one else was doing anything about it, then maaaybe, but interfering in Amberlynn's life just to virtue signal is something people from FB and Reddit do. So no, we are not "allowed to get animal control called." Lurk moar.

Edit: how is do grammar

Tags
die null