New Movie Night Thread - Every Friday Starting at 6ish

Recon

Tactical Autism Response Division
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Anyone else having HTTP Lookup Request Failed?
I've got tamper monkey and the script. The chat scrolls but no video.

Got it

Last edited:
Reactions: quatchi55

Zeebie

kiwifarms.net
The Ugandan film 'Who Killed Captain Alex' was SOOPERB.
I laughed my guts out.

Last edited:

Crichax

Professional Degree in Jadeology
kiwifarms.net
I'm probably not going to be able to attend, but I have a playlist of an obscure 90s Thai tokusatsu to recommend. The effects are both hilariously bad (a lot of the CGI) and surprisingly well-executed at the same time (practical effects). And to top it off, the first episode doesn't even HAVE English subtitles (when the title says it does).

Reactions: Kiwi Jeff

Francis Dollarhyde

And the woman, clothed in the sun.
kiwifarms.net
Has Pulgasari been watched yet?

A film with a rather interesting history behind it.

"Director Shin had been kidnapped in 1978 by North Korean intelligence on the orders of Kim Jong-il, son of the then-ruling Kim Il-sung, and was coerced into making several films as a director, with Pulgasari being his last North Korean film before he and his wife, actress Choi Eun-hee, escaped to the United States."

Reactions: Crichax

SinglePlayerCarl

Weeb Expansionist™
kiwifarms.net
I've got a one, fitting of a gateway drug into Weebery.

Ougon Kishin Garo, one of the many pillars of Tokusatsu in the land of Nipple-on.

Google Drive Link:

What makes GARO and its meta-series of TV syndication and films special is its "adult" (read: watershed hours) orientated themes, storyline and on-set live fighting choreography, mixed with a dark universal storytelling that relies on tone and worldbuilding characters.

It's not your sunday morning installments of Toei content like Super Sentai or Kamen Rider, so it doesn't patronize you the way those shows do for its runtime.

In short, it's a good drama series worth watching with others both to enjoy and laugh at the cringeworthy moments/CGI.​
Here is a cut portion of 2:41 from the pilot/first episode.​

Last edited:
  • Feels
Reactions: Kiwi Jeff

Kiwi Jeff

Like♂You
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I don't know for sure.

I want to say Gemn Corp. or OverTime.

There's a good chance they're the official TvNihon subs from the GARO blu-ray.
I knew Over-Time subbed it after GomenRider did, but I didn't know Genm Corp also did. btw TV-Nihon is not official, they are also a fansub group.

Randall Fragg

Spedfinder general
Staff Member
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
So, what’s the theme for this week? How ‘bout another D&D night, where we get 20 fantasy movies and determine what to watch by rolling a dice?
We could grab Conan the Barbarian, Deathstalker 2, whatever.
Either than or do another Kiwi Klassics Knight.

Reactions: BrunoMattei

BrunoMattei

Vincent Dawn
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I submit this for this Friday's playlist:

So, what’s the theme for this week? How ‘bout another D&D night, where we get 20 fantasy movies and determine what to watch by rolling a dice?
We could grab Conan the Barbarian, Deathstalker 2, whatever.
Either than or do another Kiwi Klassics Knight.
Throw Fulci's Conquest in there too.

I can send you a cleaner copy without the Jap subs. Fun movie.

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

We are on the Brave BAT program. Consider using Brave as your Browser. It's like Chrome but doesn't tell Google what you masturbate to.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino