New Movie Night Thread - Every Friday Starting at 6ish

Haramburger

kiwifarms.net
isn't that just carpenter brut's new album?
It's apparently a feature length film, though it seems like it exists in the same way that Daft Punk anime movie does; the music came first and someone built a retro feeling movie around it

The only legit source for it atm is Shudder, a netflix service for horror fans with niche titles that weren't originally allowed in the US. I assume you could torrent it somewhere too

Quoookie

kiwifarms.net
what did you know Fulci personally or something? just curious is all. I would like to get involved and watching him and many others too but really only available Friday thru til Monday very early to watch entire movies and participating in conversating too.

Reactions: Hatoful Dandy

BrunoMattei

Vincent Dawn
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
what did you know Fulci personally or something? just curious is all. I would like to get involved and watching him and many others too but really only available Friday thru til Monday very early to watch entire movies and participating in conversating too.
It was just a spontaneous thing that happened.

Quoookie

kiwifarms.net
It was just a spontaneous thing that happened.
cool. well i will do my best to be around on the times i mentioned. would love to see a marathon of lesser know giallos or giallis if it ever comes up. maybe even earlier slashers from the 70's 80's not many know about. please keep this thread alive people.

Reactions: BrunoMattei

Randall Fragg

Chuck's Buck n' Suck
Global Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
This week we're having a July 4th Marathon.
Friday night we'll be watching some Terra-bad classics, such as The Room, Neil Breen, and Foodfight. Smoke a bowl, grab a drink, and watch in awe at bad acting, effects, and dialog.
Saturday we're running America-themed movies.

Randall Fragg

Chuck's Buck n' Suck
Global Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
As your new Movie Night Excellency, President for Life, Field Marshal Al Hadji Doctor Randall Fragg, VC, DSO, MC, CBE, Lord of All the Beasts of the Earth and Fishes of the Seas and Conqueror of the British Empire in Movie Night in General and Movie Night Chat in Particular, I declare that this Friday is Serial Killer Night. We're gonna be playing a bunch of serial killer movies, such as Se7en, Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer, and The Poughkeepsie Tapes.

Randall Fragg

Chuck's Buck n' Suck
Global Moderator
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
So after the stinker of The Poughkeepsie Tapes, we're going to try to get some actual films up this week.
It's the Ennio Morricone grab-bag. We're putting on 12 of the over 500 films scored by him. And at least some of them (The Thing) will be Kwality Khantent.
(Also next week we're doing Weird Kids Films. Feel free to suggest stuff).

Reactions: BrunoMattei

BrunoMattei

Vincent Dawn
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
So after the stinker of The Poughkeepsie Tapes, we're going to try to get some actual films up this week.
It's the Ennio Morricone grab-bag. We're putting on 12 of the over 500 films scored by him. And at least some of them (The Thing) will be Kwality Khantent.
(Also next week we're doing Weird Kids Films. Feel free to suggest stuff).
He scored a Fulci flick and a damn good one:

A Lizard in a Woman's Skin. A fantastic Giallo by the late maestro and also has effects by the late great Carlo Rimbaldo who went on to work on E.T. and Alien.

• Informative
Reactions: Randall Fragg