• ”go back to your post-channer kiwifarms hellscape or wherever the fuck you came from i dont want you jerking your dick to me”

New Overwatch short story reveals some interesting lore- and LGBT heroWell at least it's not McHanzo

Discussion in 'Games' started by Infidel, Jan 7, 2019.

1. [​IMG]
    READ HERE

It's Soldier 76

Consider this a discussion/reaction compilation thread for anything related to this short story! I'll fluff up the OP in a bit.

• Islamic Content Islamic Content x 4
    • Informative Informative x 2
    Infidel

Infidel Have you been Haram or Halal?

kiwifarms.net
  2. Words word words, I'm even less interested in reading this lore dump than I am the Heroes of the Storm comics. When will Kaplan learn that this shit should be permanent voice-acted story missions in the fucking game? Instead, you're lucky if it's a month-long event that gets pulled for no reason.

>special sexuality retcon again
    Strange for a game about shooting that doesn't have a relationship simulator segment. The only time this is remotely relevant is when you pick D.Va in HOTS & a Starcraft character is also on your team, she expresses shock that she's meeting a character from a game series she's a pro player in.

• Agree Agree x 6
    kiwifarms.net
  3. Blizzard rn IMG_20190107_121632.jpg

• Winner Winner x 18
    • Like Like x 1
    • Islamic Content Islamic Content x 1
    Ass eating cunt

Ass eating cunt HE HAS NO STYLE, HE HAS NO SHAME

kiwifarms.net
  4. At least they have the decency to show/say it in one of the media the characters are rather than pulling a JKR and doing it on twitter.

Personally I have zero problem with LGBT characters on any media. If it's relevant for the character or story, it can be focused on, but if it's not for the love of god just use the "the character is completely developed unrelated to his sexuality AND he also happens to suck dick on the side" approach rather than making Gay McCocks like tumblrinas loves to turn any character into.

76 thankfully did it as the right as you can do on a fanservice comic: he just mentions he wants to have a peaceful life with the guy he had a relationship with.

• Agree Agree x 6
    #4 Kratos' Beard, Jan 7, 2019
    Last edited: Jan 7, 2019
    kiwifarms.net
  5. tl;dr but I skimmed; nice to know Blizzard's letting fanfic writers do their jobs for them, now.

Overwatch: NO STR8S ALLOWED LUL

• Agree Agree x 4
    Agent Nahman Jayden

Agent Nahman Jayden Acts like he's from space

kiwifarms.net
  6. LGBT lore for Overwatch, so they finally revealed how Tracer likes DVA to giver her some strap-on attention? This is now part of the canon right?

66d50803cde599272280ff24aaab3eb7.jpg

• Like Like x 11
    kiwifarms.net
  7. I definitely agree with you on that one! Soldier likes dudes? ey, sure, why not! It doesn't add to his gameplay or his personal backstory more than that, unless that guy he had a crush on actively did something that influenced the main storyline, but w/e it's all good!

Tumblr expects us to react differently though.

[​IMG]
    lol calm down

• Agree Agree x 12
    • Informative Informative x 1
    Infidel

Infidel Have you been Haram or Halal?

kiwifarms.net
  8. Bronze League roastie sour over @ellie_ow detected :story:
    e-sports are boys only ma'am!

• Agree Agree x 2
    kiwifarms.net
  9. Tumblr already thought/assumed/demanded that he was gay anyway so really, at this point, revealing that an Overwatch character isn't straight doesn't really surprise anyone, just gives validation to the (sometimes absurd) headcanons of the fans

• Feels Feels x 3
    Agent Nahman Jayden

Agent Nahman Jayden Acts like he's from space

kiwifarms.net
  10. Glad i stopped playing last year, people were getting annoying since Tracer and the thing just went downhill from there

• Agree Agree x 6
    Cubanodun

Cubanodun White PlayStation Supremacist

kiwifarms.net
  11. I stopped playing when they suddenly decided that Symetra was an aspie, like they pulled it right out of their ass, more so when they made Tracer a lesbian. I have no problems with LGBT but not every piece of media needs LGBT rep.

• Agree Agree x 11
    • Like Like x 1
    Bob Page

Bob Page Electronic Old Gendo Ikari
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  12. people are gonna shit their pants about this despite it literally not mattering at all

• Agree Agree x 3
    kiwifarms.net
  13. wait, Overwatch has a plot?

• Agree Agree x 14
    • Winner Winner x 2
    kiwifarms.net
  14. Yes everything is gay. And they sometimes stop fucking to shoot stuff

• Like Like x 6
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Feels Feels x 1
    kiwifarms.net
  15. I feel like Blizzard is inclined to put LGBT characters in Overwatch because the story doesn't have much of an impact on the game itself and instead just acts like a backdrop to add more flavor for anyone who cares. This is unlike World of Warcraft, where the story is a central aspect of the game, so if they made a main character LGBT, it have more impact on the game itself and by extension probably draw more ire from some fans. So in a sense, Overwatch is the safer pick for Blizzard to put LGBT characters in, a "safe space" if you will.

• Agree Agree x 13
    SwanDive

SwanDive 30 hookers dead and counting!

kiwifarms.net
  16. i want to see a quest in wow where you have to bring a toilette brush to a bunch of gay orcs.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • 🤔 Thunkful x 1
    The Flawless Gazelles

The Flawless Gazelles did nothing wrong

kiwifarms.net
  17. Yeah, men sure do hate when fictional video game characters turn out to be hot lesbians.

• Like Like x 11
    • Feels Feels x 1
    SteelPlatedHeart

SteelPlatedHeart Here far longer than I should have been
    True & Honest Fan

kiwifarms.net
  18. The short story reads like it was supposed to be a comic but they couldn't get someone to draw it in time so they released it as text. All that space wasted describing the exact mug Ana handed to Jack and the accompanying picture didn't even color it correctly.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
    Video Games

Video Games Transmisogynist

kiwifarms.net
  19. Next month they are going to make the hamster gay, save this post

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    Cubanodun

Cubanodun White PlayStation Supremacist

kiwifarms.net
  20. They could be throwing darts randomly at a board to select their gay characters and it would be exactly the same considering how little it actually matters in the grand scheme of Overwatch's "story" and gameplay

• Agree Agree x 9
    kiwifarms.net
  • About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. These people are commonly referred to as Lolcows and are each distinct thanks to their erratic public behavior. Spectators are encouraged to join discussion. The wealth of opinions and knowledge shared by users is what has enabled this peculiar fringe community to thrive despite the incredible adversity and contention brought by those we discuss.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

• Supporting the Forum

BTC: 1LXpv9FUiazGB2LVyS44cTTEQFc8CBgPYi

BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s

ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5

LTC: LNjmyhxThrTMY4izBdcdWqvW287LmCB6bg

XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino

Copyright © 2016 Lolcow LLC
This website may contain offensive or adult content.
Discontinue browsing if it is illegal or against your wishes to see such material.
All content belongs to their respective authors and does not represent Lolcow LLC.
We have not been served any secret court orders and are not under any gag orders.