New Overwatch short story reveals some interesting lore- and LGBT hero - Well at least it's not McHanzo

Haramburger

kiwifarms.net
Words word words, I'm even less interested in reading this lore dump than I am the Heroes of the Storm comics. When will Kaplan learn that this shit should be permanent voice-acted story missions in the fucking game? Instead, you're lucky if it's a month-long event that gets pulled for no reason.

>special sexuality retcon again
Strange for a game about shooting that doesn't have a relationship simulator segment. The only time this is remotely relevant is when you pick D.Va in HOTS & a Starcraft character is also on your team, she expresses shock that she's meeting a character from a game series she's a pro player in.

Kratos' Beard

kiwifarms.net
At least they have the decency to show/say it in one of the media the characters are rather than pulling a JKR and doing it on twitter.

Personally I have zero problem with LGBT characters on any media. If it's relevant for the character or story, it can be focused on, but if it's not for the love of god just use the "the character is completely developed unrelated to his sexuality AND he also happens to suck dick on the side" approach rather than making Gay McCocks like tumblrinas loves to turn any character into.

76 thankfully did it as the right as you can do on a fanservice comic: he just mentions he wants to have a peaceful life with the guy he had a relationship with.

Last edited:

Infidel

Have you been Haram or Halal?
kiwifarms.net
At least they have the decency to show/say it in one of the media the characters are rather than pulling a JKR and doing it on twitter.

Personally I have zero problem with LGBT characters on any media. If it's relevant for the character or story, it can be focused on, but if it's not for the love of god just use the "the character is completely developed unrelated to his sexuality AND he also happens to suck dick on the side" approach rather than making Gay McCocks like tumblrinas loves to turn any character into.

76 thankfully did it as the right as you can do on a fanservice comic: he just mentions he wants to have a peaceful life with the guy he had a relationship with.
I definitely agree with you on that one! Soldier likes dudes? ey, sure, why not! It doesn't add to his gameplay or his personal backstory more than that, unless that guy he had a crush on actively did something that influenced the main storyline, but w/e it's all good!

Tumblr expects us to react differently though.

lol calm down

Agent Nahman Jayden

Acts like he's from space
kiwifarms.net

lol calm down
Tumblr already thought/assumed/demanded that he was gay anyway so really, at this point, revealing that an Overwatch character isn't straight doesn't really surprise anyone, just gives validation to the (sometimes absurd) headcanons of the fans

Bob Page

Electronic Old Gendo Ikari
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Glad i stopped playing last year, people were getting annoying since Tracer and the thing just went downhill from there
I stopped playing when they suddenly decided that Symetra was an aspie, like they pulled it right out of their ass, more so when they made Tracer a lesbian. I have no problems with LGBT but not every piece of media needs LGBT rep.

SwanDive

Skyburner
kiwifarms.net
I feel like Blizzard is inclined to put LGBT characters in Overwatch because the story doesn't have much of an impact on the game itself and instead just acts like a backdrop to add more flavor for anyone who cares. This is unlike World of Warcraft, where the story is a central aspect of the game, so if they made a main character LGBT, it have more impact on the game itself and by extension probably draw more ire from some fans. So in a sense, Overwatch is the safer pick for Blizzard to put LGBT characters in, a "safe space" if you will.

SteelPlatedHeart

Politics are fucking dumb
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I definitely agree with you on that one! Soldier likes dudes? ey, sure, why not! It doesn't add to his gameplay or his personal backstory more than that, unless that guy he had a crush on actively did something that influenced the main storyline, but w/e it's all good!

lol calm down
Yeah, men sure do hate when fictional video game characters turn out to be hot lesbians.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino