New Superman Animated Series to Air on HBO Max - They made Jimmy Olsen black AGAIN

• There is a bug with the post editor. Images pasted from other websites from your clipboard will automatically use the [img] tag instead of uploading a copy as an attachment. Please manually save the image, upload it to the site, and then insert it as a thumbnail instead if you experience this.

The [img] should essentially never be used outside of chat. It does not save disk space on the server because we use an image proxy to protect your IP address and to ensure people do not rely on bad third party services like Imgur for image hosting. I hope to have a fix from XF soon.

Invisible Crane

Grant McClellan
kiwifarms.net
I keep wondering who this is for. I mean, if I'm going to watch something animated, I'm going to watch anime, bar none. Better art, better plot, better voice acting, pretty much better in every way. Like, why would I watch this shit? There's no reason for me to do so.

Even capeshit fans, I don't see a point. Most people want to watch Snyder's shit for DC. The old cartoons were better.

Also...HOW MANY FUCKING COMING OF AGE STORIES DO WE NEED? SERIOUSLY. This is just getting fucking ridiculous. Invincible was a Superman coming of age story, and now we have a literal superman coming of age story.

Superman doesn't need a fucking coming of age story because nearly everyone on the fucking planet knows who he is. Who is this for? New fans? I hate to break it to HBO Max and DC, but younger fans don't give a shit about super heroes. They're busy watching anime and reading manga. They're going to make a face and just go back to watching MHA or Demon Slayer.

They're trying to court a new audience who isn't fucking interested in this shit while at the same time trying to keep the old audience who also isn't interested because they want the old shit.

These companies are so out of touch its unfuckingbelievable. Demon Slayer outsold all of American comics COMBINED. And that was ONE manga/anime. ONE. The amount of brutal rape the Japanese market is doing to the West is unreal, and the West STILL pushes out identical shit that has failed time and again for an audience of tumblrites that just does not exist.

The only good thing is that it isn't CalArts. But that's about it.
Stop using CalArts, it's not true anymore and not everyone who came from there uses that "style"

Jewelsmakerguy

Domo Arigato
kiwifarms.net
I'm just re-watching Castelvania, and even with the DotA series, Netflix fully adopted anime style art for their US animated series. But for some fucking reason no one else seems to and uses this trash. I don't understand, it doesn't even look good.

Yeah, that's more interesting than a coming of age story.
I think it's because they're trying to confuse people by claiming Castlevania, Dota and even Dreamworks' Voltron series as anime on the same level as Devilman Crybaby, Hero Mask or B the Beginning. Which I both get (as they're all bad), and don't get (as the first three are very clearly done with American and Korean staffers),

Mary the Goldsmith

Can't decide on a spoopy pfp
kiwifarms.net
I've only seen Tyler Hoelchin's version of Superman in the Crisis crossover and the elseworlds one, I never watched Sueprgirl and had no interest in watching Superman and Lois, in those two rather short appearances I saw him in I disliked him, because he looks like a wimpy cuck that is bossed around by everyone, thats the impression he gave me. Anyway, after seeing the picture in the OP, I feel that I have judged him too harshly, I guess I'll watch Superman & Lois now.

Captain Marvelous

Hade ni ikuze!
kiwifarms.net
I've only seen Tyler Hoelchin's version of Superman in the Crisis crossover and the elseworlds one, I never watched Sueprgirl and had no interest in watching Superman and Lois, in those two rather short appearances I saw him in I disliked him, because he looks like a wimpy cuck that is bossed around by everyone, thats the impression he gave me. Anyway, after seeing the picture in the OP, I feel that I have judged him too harshly, I guess I'll watch Superman & Lois now.
Trust me, he's even worse than that. In one episode of Supergirl, he was brainwashed and had to fight her, and Supergirl, who had only been active for a year, managed to beat Superman... who wasn't even holding back. There's a reason Thorias Unlimited calls the Arrowverse Superman the "Cuck of Steel".

The Opera Ghost

Ugly underground simp
kiwifarms.net
It's sad how WB has treated Henry Cavill. Man of Steel and BvS sucked, sure, but that's down to creative direction. Dude was pretty much born to play Superman but they kept giving him shitty movies. Then they announce Ta-Nehisi Coates' Superman on Cavill's birthday. They did him dirty.

Last edited:

Goodbye Horses

Would you fuck me? I'd fuck me. I'd fuck me hard.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Superman & Lois is a lot better than I expected, given how shit Supergirl is. So far it's completely ignored all the other Arrowverse shows and has a completely different tone and cinematographic style. Only really bad thing about it is the whiny autist son who might as well have "potential school shooter" tattooed on his forehead.

Mary the Goldsmith

Can't decide on a spoopy pfp
kiwifarms.net
Superman & Lois is a lot better than I expected, given how shit Supergirl is. So far it's completely ignored all the other Arrowverse shows and has a completely different tone and cinematographic style. Only really bad thing about it is the whiny autist son who might as well have "potential school shooter" tattooed on his forehead.
I'll give it a watch once I have some free time, its great that it ignores the CW, I liked the first 2 seasons of flash, but then it all went downhill and it became painful to watch I only watched the latest season because of the Crisis Crossover and it honestly wasn't that good

Judge Holden

TRVE BVCK BREAKER
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Haha, you guys haven't even noticed. This is Lois Lane:

View attachment 2187210

She will be portrayed by an Asian-American who can authentically represent the white experience in America, rather than a white woman in whiteface. Or maybe Lois is Oriental now? Anyway, here's an interview with Alice Lee where she cries unironically says that she is "triggered" by anti-Asian violence in America, among other hilarity:

Rois Rane

Morethanabitfoolish

kiwifarms.net
Not gonna lie, I legit thought this picture was some aged up Owl House fanart bullshit.
That's exactly what I thought Lois looked like!

Thank you both! While the skin tone is off I could not see anything else.

Calarts Shit 🤮. I much rather take the old Superman: The Animated Series over this garbage
I'd take Justice League Action over this. It had some good quotes at least.

Something similar already happened.
Don't you talk shit about the best power couple they were too pussy to run with.

That said people talking about Superman and Lois are making me feel it might be worth giving it more of a chance. The episodes I saw had smug liberals turn up as saviours to smalltown hicks too much for my liking.

ultimate trash

Everybody is good!
kiwifarms.net
Rate me autistic but I think Clark and Lois look kinda cute. I have a thing for himbos and tomboys. :'( I'd probably watch it out of curiosity. It gives me Voltron vibes... which I lost interest in very quickly.