New 'Wizard of Oz' movie adaptation set at Warner Bros.' New Line - The film will be a fresh take on the classic tale

• There is a bug with the post editor. Images pasted from other websites from your clipboard will automatically use the [img] tag instead of uploading a copy as an attachment. Please manually save the image, upload it to the site, and then insert it as a thumbnail instead if you experience this.

The [img] should essentially never be used outside of chat. It does not save disk space on the server because we use an image proxy to protect your IP address and to ensure people do not rely on bad third party services like Imgur for image hosting. I hope to have a fix from XF soon.

Prince Lotor

Homoerotic overtones? What homoerotic overtones?
kiwifarms.net
I hope they do an actual strict adaptation of the book instead of some rehash of the musical.

I want to see a montage where they show how the Tin Woodsman became the Tin Woodsman. He used to just be The Woodsman, but he accidentally dismembered his leg and replaced it with a tin one. Then the Wicked Witch cursed his axe so that he desired to keep chopping himself up and replacing it with tin body parts until he was just a head on a tin body, then he chopped his head off and replaced it with a tin head.

I want to see the scene where the Wicked Witch sends a pack of 40 wolves to rip Dorothy to pieces in her sleep and then the Tin Woodsman murders the entire pack of wolves by beheading each one with a single swing of his axe apiece. Then when Dorothy wakes up in the morning and is disturbed to see the pile of wolf corpses the Tin Woodsman explains that she doesn't have to be afraid because they came to kill her so he murdered them all. Then Dorothy says, 'Oh, ok. Lets eat breakfast.'

Last edited:

Scarlett Johansson

My lawsuit was settled
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
"The Woodsman" is a movie about a "sympathetic" pedophile fyi.

From the producer of Monster's Ball, a movie all about "racism is bad"

Really makes you think.
Oh yeah they shot Woodsman in Philly. Apparently the whole 'pedo gets a reality check" thing is considered art. Colin firth said Kevin bacon performance is one of the best of the 2000s

Pokemonquistador2

Electric Boogaloo
kiwifarms.net
Since most "children's genre media" today is actually written for 40 year old troons, soyboys, and people who build entire fantasy lives around the sex lives of fictional characters, I predict that it will in no way resemble the original stories that were written for actual children 100 years ago. It will resemble something that would've been rejected from the SyFy Channel if not for its aggressive promotion of woke politics.

Syaoran Li

Spooky Vampire
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
This is fucking stupid. I bet Dorothy will be black though

Probably, and probably will also be a pretentious dyke too.

Nigga they already did that in the 1970s.

And they also did that with Muppet Wizard of Oz in the 2000's, as someone else mentioned earlier. Although I think that had less to do with woke blackwashing and the fact that Queen Latifah and Ashanti were both popular in 2005.

Don't forget Muppet's Wizard of Oz with Ashanti starring in 2005.
Wonder if this remake with have a Quentin Tarantino cameo too.

Not gonna lie, I actually liked that movie for what it was.

starborn427614

kiwifarms.net
God that movie sucked. Only Muppets film I've watched and couldn't finish.

I remember disliking it more the first time I saw it. Rewatching it years later it's nothing amazing but it's reasonably watchable. Not really woke, it's pretty much the standard small town girl makes it big story that, as Syaoran says, seems more motivated by who was both popular at the time and willing to be in a Muppet movie.

That said it lets me say Quention Tarantino was in a Muppet movie. I'd say it justifies its existence with that alone.

Oats12345

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
If they can adapt the book(s) faithfully, then fine, but they're not going to do that. We're less than twenty years away from it being 100 years since film went to color, Warner Bros. is probably thinking they're running out of money thanks to 2020 and they want to do something special (or "special") for the movie's 100th anniversary. But no one is certain if cinemas are going to survive the decade at this point, so might as well hop to it.

I've honestly lost track of how many adaptations exist and I just don't care anymore. I'm just going to continue to watch the movie and read the books and be on my merry way.
This woke Hollywood were talking about. There more than likely make someone gay, than follow how the book originally was written.
Since most "children's genre media" today is actually written for 40 year old troons, soyboys, and people who build entire fantasy lives around the sex lives of fictional characters, I predict that it will in no way resemble the original stories that were written for actual children 100 years ago. It will resemble something that would've been rejected from the SyFy Channel if not for its aggressive promotion of woke politics.
When did SyFy become woke. I remmber Haven wasn't really a woke show that ended in 2015. Was in 2015 that happen? I awalys found SciFy interesting. They would always greenlit shows that would sometime last one season. I don't know when it become woke.
Probably, and probably will also be a pretentious dyke too.

And they also did that with Muppet Wizard of Oz in the 2000's, as someone else mentioned earlier. Although I think that had less to do with woke blackwashing and the fact that Queen Latifah and Ashanti were both popular in 2005.

I remmber the Muppets wizards of Oz. God thats a movie I haven't heard of in long time

Last edited:

The Gangster Computer

A spooky skeleton computer prepared for the future
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
All these wizard of oz movies and nobody's made one that's a straight adaptation of the books yet. It's always based on or tied to the musical adaptation that changed the ending to "it was all a dream" in a weird bid to compete with the alice in wonderland movie. In the books Oz was literally just a fuctional country like wakanda but 100 times more fucking insane because you had shit like an entire sub-country of midgets, and another of literally sentient ceramic people within Oz. There's also the whole deal with magic users and cyborgs or literal robots in some cases. Oz is fucking wild in terms of a potenial lore-well, and the only 2 movies I've seen that tap into that are original stories that don't actually adapt any books. One being return to Oz, and the other being "Oz the great and powerful". Both are intended as being part of the initial musical adaptation's timeline which goes back to my earlier statement about this shit.
(I think there were like made for tv cartoon adaptations of some of the books made by like an anime studio or some shit in like the 70s or something but I could be remembering that horribly wrong cause I've never actually looked into those.)
Pretty much this, but even Oz the Great and Powerful just felt mediocre and like a fake spinoff of the 1939 musical that did little to follow the source material. Return to Oz is probably the closest we'll ever get to a proper adaptation of the books, even if it was an amalgamation of several. Still bums me out that it bombed at the box office, but maybe if they had left out or shortened the asylum act, it might've been better received... A tragedy really.

Only other one that comes close to the books was a Thanskgiving special, but even that is an amalgamation too with an original plot (although the designs are pretty close to more famous illustrations). Now instead we get another mediocre remake/adaptation of the musical whose only promise is to be more culturally appropriate for current year with some woke or edgy nonsense, or worse... self-referential quipping humor.

I just want to see Dorothy and friends fight and genocide wooden gargoyle people. Is that too much to ask for?

Last edited:

Meat Target

I'm what you call a professional
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Since most "children's genre media" today is actually written for 40 year old troons, soyboys, and people who build entire fantasy lives around the sex lives of fictional characters, I predict that it will in no way resemble the original stories that were written for actual children 100 years ago.
Even when there isn't woke pandering, it chaps my ass when movies and shows are not faithful to the source material. Maybe you could expand on some characters with subplots that are consistentcin-universe, but don't fucking change the story.

I empathize with Stephen King in the fact that he despises adaptations of his novels. If a bunch of executives, script writers, and focus groups took a meat cleaver to my life's work, I would also be insulted.

elzaw

kiwifarms.net
there was/is a popular tumblr webcomic heavily based on Oz universe, it's called Namesake. Honestly, it wasn't that bad because the author at least actually read the books, but of-fucking-course she had to make everybody gay and feminist. Like, she made Ozma a genderqueer immortal lesbian in love with Dorothy (of course) and put magical muslims and transgenders into this, so go figure how it turned out...

tumblr_mig95xNPX81qbtg0uo1_1280.jpeg

Oh and did I mention the author is an absolute shithead and a hypocrite? She is making profits from what's literally a fanfiction. Oz setting and characters do not belong to her, yet she acts like she understands it better than everybody ("No, you see Tin Man and Scarecrow were totally fucking")
Main reason I stopped reading that shit.
2021-02-12 21.51.47 twitter.com 2721f78918bc.png

"remove queer elements"

This woman is almost 40
DWA_H-fWAAIViuD.jpg

Last edited: