New 'Wizard of Oz' movie adaptation set at Warner Bros.' New Line - The film will be a fresh take on the classic tale

• Copy+pasting images with your clipboard now works again, ending the two-month reign of terror we endured of the prior notice.

From The Uncanny Valley

Man of Culture (♀️)
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
there was/is a popular tumblr webcomic heavily based on Oz universe, it's called Namesake. Honestly, it wasn't that bad because the author at least actually read the books, but of-fucking-course she had to make everybody gay and feminist. Like, she made Ozma a genderqueer immortal lesbian in love with Dorothy (of course) and put magical muslims and transgenders into this, so go figure how it turned out...

View attachment 1915574

Oh and did I mention the author is an absolute shithead and a hypocrite? She is making profits from what's literally a fanfiction. Oz setting and characters do not belong to her, yet she acts like she understands it better than everybody ("No, you see Tin Man and Scarecrow were totally fucking")
Main reason I stopped reading that shit.
View attachment 1915567
"remove queer elements"

This woman is almost 40
View attachment 1915606
Where do they all learn to draw insufferable faces like that

It's like indie comics but 10x worse

Pokemonquistador2

Electric Boogaloo
kiwifarms.net
When did SyFy become woke. I remmber Haven wasn't really a woke show that ended in 2015. Was in 2015 that happen? I awalys found SciFy interesting. They would always greenlit shows that would sometime last one season. I don't know when it become woke.
Enh. I just assumed it had gone woke because everything else has.

Where do they all learn to draw insufferable faces like that

It's like indie comics but 10x worse

It's a common webcomic style. An amalgum of anime with "ethnic" noses and skincolors to up the Diversity quotient. I first saw it in Kagerou but you can find it everywhere now.

Last edited:

frozenrunner

And you thought 2020 was a lousy year!
kiwifarms.net
"The Woodsman" is a movie about a "sympathetic" pedophile fyi.

From the producer of Monster's Ball, a movie all about "racism is bad"

Really makes you think.
It's a great movie, too. That might be a little too much nuance for the current year, but it's true!

I don't want another version of WoZ, though. Someone should remake Zardoz instead.

Rather than return home to boring homophobic transphobic Kansas Dorothy decides to stay in Oz, or to to California.
And it turns out the Scarecrow, the Tin Man, and the Cowardly Lion are revealed to be her headmates uwu

XYZpdq

fbi most wanted sskealeaton
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Where they gonna round up that many midgets in 2021?
yeah iirc because of medical advances there's nowhere near as many tiny people in the first world anymore, many of the conditions can be detected and treated
(I think there were like made for tv cartoon adaptations of some of the books made by like an anime studio or some shit in like the 70s or something but I could be remembering that horribly wrong cause I've never actually looked into those.)

Product Placement

kiwifarms.net
Dumb idea, original is too much of a classic. Better idea would to adapt it and/or the follow up books into a HBO Max show, people are more open to seeing stuff in a different format for better or worse .
Clearly is a market for Oz stuff, 2013's Oz the Great and Powerful by Disney grossed just under $500 million after all, but has remaking a movie seen as iconic ever worked out well, Ghostbuster and Psycho remakes flopped, only one that bucked that trend has been King Kong ones.

Syaoran Li

Totally Radical Dude
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Dumb idea, original is too much of a classic. Better idea would to adapt it and/or the follow up books into a HBO Max show, people are more open to seeing stuff in a different format for better or worse .
Clearly is a market for Oz stuff, 2013's Oz the Great and Powerful by Disney grossed just under $500 million after all, but has remaking a movie seen as iconic ever worked out well, Ghostbuster and Psycho remakes flopped, only one that bucked that trend has been King Kong ones.

The Dracula remakes from 1979 and 1992 were also pretty good and successful, but remaking Wizard of Oz is just a bad idea.

Banditotron

What's the ugliest part of your body?
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I've been watching the anime. It got released on Blu-ray recently.
Tip/Ozma kind of is a transgender character, though.
Nah, Ozma is just someone free of dealing with gender roles and so she never knew she was a "girl" until she was told. Ozma was perfectly cool with taking on her role as queen in the end.
Also I fucking loved these books as a child and I cant say I'm looking forward to any modern adaptations.
Edit: Honestly Ozma as written might be too TERFy so I wonder how they'll change that when and if they deal with her character.

Quintex96

kiwifarms.net
Sooo... Will Dorothy be a troon, a POC or a POC troon?
No no no no no, Dorothy is from the south, She will be portrayed as 'backward' until she learns better from her inclusive new friends

Tin Man will be an allegory for trans people ("I was born a human but I always felt I was a Tin Man")

Scarecrow will be an allegory for race (He's poor and has to work in the fields, He wants brains so he can get a better job until the wizard reveals he's a victim of institutionised racism)

Cowardly Lion will straight up be furry and he will need courage to be who he really is

The Wicked Witch of the West will want to make OZ great again

Thundershlock

kiwifarms.net
there was/is a popular tumblr webcomic heavily based on Oz universe, it's called Namesake. Honestly, it wasn't that bad because the author at least actually read the books, but of-fucking-course she had to make everybody gay and feminist. Like, she made Ozma a genderqueer immortal lesbian in love with Dorothy (of course) and put magical muslims and transgenders into this, so go figure how it turned out...

View attachment 1915574

Oh and did I mention the author is an absolute shithead and a hypocrite? She is making profits from what's literally a fanfiction. Oz setting and characters do not belong to her, yet she acts like she understands it better than everybody ("No, you see Tin Man and Scarecrow were totally fucking")
Main reason I stopped reading that shit.
View attachment 1915567
"remove queer elements"

This woman is almost 40
View attachment 1915606
What is it with Oz-tards and acting like they have some enlightened understanding of it?

Re: wogglebug chick