World New Zealand joins Chinese Belt and Road Initiative - First western country to do so - China promised it would be Green and the NZ PM immediately signed

Tetraphobia

This is a hurt-box I can't leave
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Isn't China's economy basically a house of cards one recession away from falling over?

Seems a bad idea to explicitly tie your nation to it.
the belt and road initiative seem to be their way of stopping that
but yes, for now it (probably) is.

I imagine they know Africa may be the next garbage nation we trade with for cheap mass produced garbage and they want a piece of that should their own recession cause trouble.

• Feels
Reactions: Tard Baby

pwnest injun

Management of Savagery
kiwifarms.net
The more China interacts with the west, the more consumerist they become and the more autocratic and censorious the west becomes. I wonder if this was always the intended outcome? After all, you can't trade goods without also trading ideas, and you can't compete with a slave state without eventually becoming a slave state..

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: spiritofamermaid

Medicated

Not the fun kind
kiwifarms.net
The more China interacts with the west, the more consumerist they become and the more autocratic and censorious the west becomes. I wonder if this was always the intended outcome? After all, you can't trade goods without also trading ideas, and you can't compete with a slave state without eventually becoming a slave state..
Well really you just have to choose, which would you rather be living under, 中华人民共和国 of New Zealand, or the الخلافة الشعوب of New Zealand?

• Horrifying
Reactions: Fek
Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

We are on the Brave BAT program. Consider using Brave as your Browser. It's like Chrome but doesn't tell Google what you masturbate to.

BTC: 1EiZnCKCb6Dc4biuto2gJyivwgPRM2YMEQ
BTC+SW: bc1qwv5fzv9u6arksw6ytf79gfvce078vprtc0m55s
ETH: 0xc1071c60ae27c8cc3c834e11289205f8f9c78ca5
LTC: LcDkAj4XxtoPWP5ucw75JadMcDfurwupet
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino