Newly claimed Satoshi Nakamoto issues spoiler chapter of new book -- other Satoshis enraged -

neger psykolog

moon goons for communism detection
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Satoshi invented Bitcoin and has never come forward with proof of who he is. He's a mystery until someone proves they're him. Many people have claimed and continue to claim that they're Satoshi and none have been able to provide signed evidence proving this (including the book excerpt author below):

Last week someone anonymously registered the domain nakamotofamilyfoundation.org and released a chapter of the book:

Wired has some coverage here:

Stylometric analysis shows whoever wrote the chapters is either Satoshi or knows enough to mimic his wording:

Predictably the other people claiming they are Satoshi are super mad right now:
Other satoshis:

Last edited:

neger psykolog

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
If only there was some sort of blockchain in place to determine the real one... I guess there's only one way to find out. They need to have a sing off challenge to determine which one is solid satoshi and liquid.
I love it. Its like the world's doxing championship except no one has succeeded yet.

Every few months more entertainment is added and less questions answered.

neger psykolog

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
btw this is one of the more interesting cases of people trying to dox someone as they charted out his wake/sleep cycle based upon the timings he'd post on forums/emails and determined he probably lived within the US (and used british spelling)

the claimed new chapter includes what people are calling a misspelling:
"profficiency"

However the word is spelled that way in many older books so is either such a common typo or a form of the word that has gone out of favor.

There's also information about his age when he first got into mailing lists and basic information about his mother etc.

• Informative
Reactions: Coqervils

millais

The Yellow Rose of Victoria, Texas
kiwifarms.net
I'm curious to know who is the most ridiculous or unbelievable of the fake Satoshis. Surely there must be a lolcalf or two among their lesser ranks.

neger psykolog

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'm curious to know who is the most ridiculous or unbelievable of the fake Satoshis. Surely there must be a lolcalf or two among their lesser ranks.
I think a lot of them died off and Craig Wright stuck around because he has one of the more convincing back stories (with his computer security friend who died from bedsores as a reclusive drunk on a matress).

neger psykolog

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Sign something with the genesis block or fuck off, you're not Satoshi.
He never actually signed anything the entire time.
There are other ways he could prove it too (moving old coins and shit)

Hal Finney (the first person to ever receive bitcoins) invented PGP and its notoriously difficult or at least inconvenient to use, this is a passage from the book excerpt:
upload_2018-7-9_16-38-49.png

Anyway, out of all the people that have tried to claim they're satoshi this is possibly the most believable right now. Especially since its been done with almost no fireworks.

They may just tell the story and never reveal who they are which I'd be happy with because the book is interesting/well written so far.

Last edited:
  • Optimistic
Reactions: millais

Eryngium

Cryptids are a Cute! CUTE!
kiwifarms.net
I was hoping this thread was just a shitpost about some book in a mostly lame sub-form :(

Jarilo182

BIRDPOSTER
kiwifarms.net
I think a lot of them died off and Craig Wright stuck around because he has one of the more convincing back stories (with his computer security friend who died from bedsores as a reclusive drunk on a matress).
That... doesn't sound like a convincing backstory at all. I've seen Wright publicly make an ass out of himself multiple times and his writing style doesn't sound like Satoshi at all.

keklebro

kiwifarms.net
He never actually signed anything the entire time.
There are other ways he could prove it too (moving old coins and shit)

Hal Finney (the first person to ever receive bitcoins) invented PGP and its notoriously difficult or at least inconvenient to use, this is a passage from the book excerpt:
View attachment 491940

Anyway, out of all the people that have tried to claim they're satoshi this is possibly the most believable right now. Especially since its been done with almost no fireworks.

They may just tell the story and never reveal who they are which I'd be happy with because the book is interesting/well written so far.
Phil Zimmerman invented/created PGP

I also find it hard to believe that Satoshi wouldn't have used PGP given his knowledge of cryptography.

• Agree
Reactions: Karl Franz

xxXDxx

just magic, ain't gotta explain shit
kiwifarms.net
What if.... Satoshi was just schizo and made a bunch of fake Satoshis for some 4D chess-tier Alex Jones conspiracy theory?
what if satochi was a council of CIA agents collaboratively deciding on forum posts and sneaking backdoors into bitcoin

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: chekovia
Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino