NewOld Content Part 2 - This is where the rest of this shit goes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angel Bob

kiwifarms.net
You mentioned before that Chris tried to steal his neighbor's dog. Do you have any emails about that?
A few years ago Chris was getting into witchcraft and there was talk of him joining a coven. Is he still dabbling or did he drop it when he didn't get results?

LoveYouLongTime

kiwifarms.net
You mentioned before that Chris tried to steal his neighbor's dog. Do you have any emails about that?
A few years ago Chris was getting into witchcraft and there was talk of him joining a coven. Is he still dabbling or did he drop it when he didn't get results?
I don't think I have emails regarding that, but if anyone needs the rundown...a neighbor's dog slipped out of their collar while tied up outside and went wandering around the neighborhood. I'm assuming it was more Barb's idea, but she decided she wanted to keep it so instead of doing the right thing and asking around first. They bought it a collar and a couple of other supplies. Lo and behold, the neighbor goes looking for their dog and winds up at the Chandler's. From what I remember, they put up a fight to keep the dog and blamed the neighbor for being irresponsible. Basically, finders keepers. Neighbor still got their dog back. But Chris couldn't comprehend why it was wrong for them to try and keep the dog. I wonder if this is (part) of the reason they keep their own dogs locked up inside, a fear of repercussion from trying to steal someone else's dog.

O

ON 190

kiwifarms.net
I don't think I have emails regarding that, but if anyone needs the rundown...a neighbor's dog slipped out of their collar while tied up outside and went wandering around the neighborhood. I'm assuming it was more Barb's idea, but she decided she wanted to keep it so instead of doing the right thing and asking around first. They bought it a collar and a couple of other supplies. Lo and behold, the neighbor goes looking for their dog and winds up at the Chandler's. From what I remember, they put up a fight to keep the dog and blamed the neighbor for being irresponsible. Basically, finders keepers. Neighbor still got their dog back. But Chris couldn't comprehend why it was wrong for them to try and keep the dog. I wonder if this is (part) of the reason they keep their own dogs locked up inside, a fear of repercussion from trying to steal someone else's dog.
Just when you thought that Barb couldn't seem any more like a crazy, hoarding harpy she goes and tells a dog's family "nah, we found yer dog so it's OURS now!"

Jack Awful

Laughs at Tards
kiwifarms.net
Jesus, that is fucking despicable.

timtommy

I am a damn Smoker!
kiwifarms.net
If Bob really wanted Chris to go he could have booked a room for him like with Anime Mid-Atlantic. Barb didn't give a shit if he slept in his car. She's an abusive, manipulative cunt who is paranoid about losing her hoard funds (as well as emotional punching bag).

She probably couldn't prevent Bob from allowing Chris to attend Anime Mid-Atlantic because she didn't have anything to back up her paranoia, and Bob was in somewhat better health to stand up to her. But after the Ohio incident she had something real to work with now. If those evil trolls Mike Snyder and Megan convinced Chris to leave in the night and drive to Ohio, who knows what they'll get him to do next? So Bob was probably thinking of another Ohio incident when he put his foot down in addition to no longer attempting to stand up to Barb. Barb however had her excuse to justify her paranoia. Abusive people don't like to give their punching bags potential openings to leave them behind.
It is a difficult problem for Chris' parents. At least it was for Bob, but Barb is crazy and doesn't seem to have Chris' best interest as a very high priority.

"The internet" is something they don't understand. But it convinces their autistic son of things that are false. And some of those falsehoods have consequences, like him driving to Ohio. I can see why Bob would hear about some convention Chris heard through on the internet and think "Hmm, I don't know about that."

But given that, he probably still should have done more in this case. Chris isn't capable of everything a normal person is, but he is capable of going to some event, wandering around and having a nice time. And he should do things like that if he finds them fun. For example, suppose Bob calls the place holding the convention to find out it is legit. And then maybe drives down with Chris and then hangs out in the town where it is while Chris goes to the convention. In a way that is not outwardly too babysitter-y and more "I am in the mood for a road trip myself, why don't we work together on this one?"

Since I am usually fairly pro-Bob, I am a little disappointed with this one. Maybe he was just tired of all the shit, or had the thought "Chris clearly can't figure out how to deal with internet-type stuff in a way that doesn't hurt him, so the only thing to do is to stay away completely." Or just gave up and didn't want to deal with Barb's shit.

So I don't know

The Great Goatse

kiwifarms.net
Reading those emails I just feel kind of sad for Chris. It's so clear that he never really had a shot at a normal life with parents like that.

He's not a good person and I think he's brought most of the suffering in his life on himself, but he's still a human being and seeing him miserable like that just bums me out. What a wasted life.

LoveYouLongTime

kiwifarms.net
So anyone who knows conventions knows that tickets are final. You can transfer them but you can't get a refund. It was either Otakon or Magfest, but he bought his ticket to one then got fussed at by his parents so he couldn't go. Well, apparently one of his parents got in contact with someone working the con and bitched at them until they got a refund.

Kosher Dill

Potato Chips
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
But given that, he probably still should have done more in this case. Chris isn't capable of everything a normal person is, but he is capable of going to some event, wandering around and having a nice time. And he should do things like that if he finds them fun. For example, suppose Bob calls the place holding the convention to find out it is legit. And then maybe drives down with Chris and then hangs out in the town where it is while Chris goes to the convention. In a way that is not outwardly too babysitter-y and more "I am in the mood for a road trip myself, why don't we work together on this one?"
Honestly, I don't blame Bob for just assuming the entire thing was bullshit after he heard the part about Chris going there to bang Jackie's friends he'd never met.

DangDirtyTrolls

The man in the pickle suit tricked me once again
kiwifarms.net
That is straight up stealing, but the Chandlers think they're justified because it escaped from its collar once? I would be beyond pissed if that were my dog they tried to take, especially given we know how inadequately they look after the two dogs they do own.

MysticMisty

kiwifarms.net
Or just gave up and didn't want to deal with Barb's shit.
I think he'd been unable to disagree with Barb for years by then (seeing as how she moved part of the hoard into his room and all), but at this point he probably was just unable to put up a fight due to his failing health. He was hospitalized a year earlier for heart failure (for the umpteenth time), this would have been near when he was diagnosed with cancer, and he died later in the year. Even if he genuinely wanted Chris to go (and I doubt he did after Chris drove to Ohio and back) I think he would have just gone along with Barb just because he was too ill to put up with her bullshit.

4Macie

The Cow Dullahan
kiwifarms.net
Sounds vaguely familiar, but I could just be recalling when the Chandler's called animal control on a cat scratching them.

They seem to like animals up until they act like animals.
We know from Marvin and others that Chris's pets aren't trained at all (like they pee and poo on the floor and don't know basic commands like sit and stay) and are horribly bad mannered (barking, biting, growling, etc at anyone and everyone)

Did you witness any of this yourself or has Chris ever brought it up?

Trilby

Sorry, but not sorry!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Now I see why they wouldn't take chances with their current dogs.

So anyone who knows conventions knows that tickets are final. You can transfer them but you can't get a refund. It was either Otakon or Magfest, but he bought his ticket to one then got fussed at by his parents so he couldn't go. Well, apparently one of his parents got in contact with someone working the con and bitched at them until they got a refund.
I guess they didn't want to teach their kid a lesson by not going that further with a refund, but perhaps they got tired of Chris complaining of the money he wasted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino