Nexpo/YT Horror Channels - Do they all suck

• Registration closed, comedy forum, Internet drama, Sneed, etc.

Shek$il

MMMMMmmmmmmm...
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Not sure if this is the right subforum, but here goes.

Does anyone else here enjoy strange/disturbing content lists on Youtube? For a long time I used to enjoy hearing about things like "OBEY THE WALRUS" and the like, but it seems like every easily located "horror" themed channel quickly develops into a cringe drama channel, or some kind of attempt at a cult of personality.

Nexpo's most recent video is a primary example. Taking some boring drama over being called a pedophile online and trying to twist it into some big cinematic experience, all the while trying to sell MamaMax as some kind of badass.

Another being his take on "BEN DROWNED", which not only covers something extremely well known to be an ARG, but drags things out in the most miserable way possible, while Ryan attempts once again to come off as an interesting person.

I guess what I'm asking for are suggestions on what's actually watchable, where the creator isn't so pathetically both up their own ass while telling strangers "I love you all" constantly. I just want some good horror content- why do you have to keep telling me you aren't a pedophile?

Some names I've already tried out:
MamaMax: cringe, sounds like he's doing an impression of a parent to excuse himself from school.
Some Ordinary Gamers: Probably the best of the bunch, just mostly covers drama and plays video games. Rarely interesting.
Chills: "This neeext videoooooo eeeeisss offfff aaa smaaaaalll baaaayyyeeerrrr onnnn a tricycllllllllleeeee... issss it creeeepyyyy? Youuuu deciiiiiiiiiiiide."
Scare Theater: Not that bad, but sort of a shit catalogue covering stupid and easily debunked content. He shoots fish in a barrel.

I'd be grateful to any new/decent suggestions.

GogglyGoblin

kiwifarms.net
It's a shame about Nexpo, he used to make good videos, he's just a dumb faggot now.
Night Mind a furry that talks about ARGs.
Lazy Masquerade a weeb that grabs spooky stories and reads them to you, if you spend a lot of time on /x/ or similar 'paranormal' forums there won't be much to it for you.
Reignbot similar to the last one but shorter.
Atrocity Guide she makes cool mini documentaries on interesting stuff, some of them are about horror, spooky stuff.
Anomaly Documentaries similar to the last one but not as thorough in his investigations.
Barely Sociable he talks about spooky real life stuff, like the bitcoin bikers. He's a bit of a sperg though, his second channel has some livstreams where he goes full schizo and I'm not entirely sure he's doing it as a joke.

Sparky Lurker

Arauto do Autismo
kiwifarms.net
I used to watch these types of channels when I was into the entire ARG craze back on 2016, but I slowly started losing my respect for them when they started starving for content and started covering weird shit like real-life events and trying to give a "deep" meaning to it, gave attention to completely stupid ARGs that were made by attwhores and I remember that one of them even did an interview with a cat torturer once.
Basically they started turning in the "drama channels" from the ARG communities.

Bugs_Galore

Hell is real and we live in it.
kiwifarms.net
I'm going to second Night Mind. out of all the horror Youtubers I watch he is probably the best. He may be a gay furry but he makes some damn good content. If you ever want a rundown on most of Alan Resnick's horror projects his videos are a must-watch.

Rudol von Stroheim

a hot nazi with a machine gun for a chest
kiwifarms.net
It's funny how after Nexpos last video, I came here to see if anyone was talking about it. Mainly because it was cringey as all fuck. He used to make decent videos but then, I don't know if anyone noticed how much he started to censor his videos / cover ARGs. I've found his last few videos lack the intrigue and kind of...unbias his old videos had. It's sad really because his voice is easy to listen to and his editing used to be good.
Kind of an unrelated to 'creepy' channels but I recently started watching Vagrant Holiday, basically a bum who travels the world. Funny commentary, seems like a chill guy. He did a video about an abandoned island that was both creepy, entertaining and cosy. Kinda glad I was reccomended him from watching Nexpo.

ZombiefiedFerret

Itchy. Tasty.
kiwifarms.net
It's a shame about Nexpo, he used to make good videos, he's just a dumb faggot now.
Lazy Masquerade a weeb that grabs spooky stories and reads them to you, if you spend a lot of time on /x/ or similar 'paranormal' forums there won't be much to it for you.
Reignbot similar to the last one but shorter.
Atrocity Guide she makes cool mini documentaries on interesting stuff, some of them are about horror, spooky stuff.
Anomaly Documentaries similar to the last one but not as thorough in his investigations.
Barely Sociable he talks about spooky real life stuff, like the bitcoin bikers. He's a bit of a sperg though, his second channel has some livstreams where he goes full schizo and I'm not entirely sure he's doing it as a joke.
Night Mind is so annoying to me. It only took a couple of videos for me to get tired of his personality and pretension.
Recomend Atrocity Guide, though.

Last edited:

Shek$il

MMMMMmmmmmmm...
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'm going to second Night Mind. out of all the horror Youtubers I watch he is probably the best. He may be a gay furry but he makes some damn good content. If you ever want a rundown on most of Alan Resnick's horror projects his videos are a must-watch.
I'm trying hard with Night Mind but his extremely autistic inflections are killing me over here.

Why can't people with decent enough voices just speak normally
1604688076943.png

LukeMcGregor

kiwifarms.net
He used to make decent videos but then, I don't know if anyone noticed how much he started to censor his videos / cover ARGs. I've found his last few videos lack the intrigue and kind of...unbias his old videos had.
Yeah these channels are so pussified now. They can't even say certain words like murder or whatever if they want to keep monetization. They're not going to come to any controversial conclusions either considring most of their audience is teen girls now..

Bugs_Galore

Hell is real and we live in it.
kiwifarms.net
I'm trying hard with Night Mind but his extremely autistic inflections are killing me over here.

Why can't people with decent enough voices just speak normally
View attachment 1712357
Yeah, that's most horror YouTubers on the site. Horror on Youtube is an already oversaturated niche market. Unfortunately, if you want to become popular as a horror YouTuber you need something to make you stick out from the thousands of schmucks with a Walmart microphone reading off the front page of Reddit.

Most of them usually try to set themselves apart by making their voice recognizable. It serves a dual purpose, the more dark and sinister your voice is the more likely you are to be recognizable, and as @LukeMcGregor said earlier, the majority of the audience for horror content is teenage girls so having a deep sultry voice probably jacks up your subscriber count from that demographic as well.

There has been a sharp decline in the quality of horror content on YouTube in the past 4 years. With monetization fucking them into the ground the only choices for most of the creators are to either resign themselves to covering boring vapid content that won't push YouTubes algorithm or to cover actual horror and risk their entire channel getting banned because they said one too many no-no words.

Govt. Shitposting Machine

Spread the love, give a family member HPV today
kiwifarms.net
Man thank god you made this thread because if you weren't then I was going to, I listen to some horror/mystery Youtubers while working and the latest Nexpo video was the dumbest shit I couldn't even sit through several minutes.
It's clear he did that just to stop one Twitter schizo from gaining too much traction, but to be honest if you know you're not a fucking creep online and it's ONE person and their sock puppets words then why make an entire fucking video about it? You make yourself look more suspicious and also look like you're begging for sympathy. Watch him go full lolcow after this.

MamaMax gives me a bad taste in my mouth, his intents are good, but he is so full of himself while doing it, the dramatic shots of himself covered in blood, it's like he cares more about how HE looks like a hero online, rather than trying to stop these kind of people from accessing children over the internet in the first place. Even during the phone call with one through Skype he just has to fucking record his face.
Which, to be fair, is understandable as being a raging narcissist is a requirement before becoming a Youtuber. I wouldn't be surprised if he had skeletons in his closet himself and is trying to make up for it but that's probably a bit too tinfoily.

Out of all the content creators GogglyGoblin listed, the only real good ones are Atrocity Guide (just reads content and thats all you need), ReignBot (same thing, even if a bit bitchy to her viewers) and Barely Sociable (him shitposting is pretty funny and I'm a bit biased 'cause I like actual Deep Web stories and not sp00py TOR bullshit).
The rest are OK as something to tune out to even if some of them are a bit cringe like Lazy Masquerade or also full of themselves like Night Mind.
Also there were some horror channels I used to watch but barely remember their names, I just know I unsubscribed to one because they called a child being sexually abused in some random internet story a "sex worker" and I couldn't fucking take it.

EDIT: Ok ok last one for this huge ass post but blameitonjorge is pretty good even though he isn't outright horror, more like weird shit and lost media, but he's been on a stream with Barely Sociable and him ditching the stream midway because he didn't understand the topic at hand was funny as fuck.

Last edited:

BingBong

just going with the flow
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

some Sketchy dude

kiwifarms.net
Bedtime Stories is a YT channel that does videos about occurrences both definitively grounded in reality but with mysterious circumstances and ones with more paranormal/mythological aspects to them. I really enjoy the narrator and the pacing of the videos, as well as the unique illustrations that help represent what is being talked about. The channel has been around for years and I would highly recommend checking it out.

Cryptojew

Ken Ju Kai Warrior
kiwifarms.net
IMO the youtube horror scene has slowly declined in quality over the past few years. I personally think it's an issue of oversaturation, some of the videos the big channels put out feel like they're scraping the bottom of the barrel for things to make videos about lately. Nexpo especially has fallen from grace, his last video was legitimately embarressing to watch. I almost wonder if he really does have some skeletons hiding in his closet after seeing it.

One channel I would recommend is Bedtime Stories, their videos are pretty comfy as far as horror content goes.

Edit: ninja'd lol

Shek$il

MMMMMmmmmmmm...
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Man thank god you made this thread because if you weren't then I was going to,..
I realized there's just about nowhere else talking about this, short of a temporary /x/ thread, and leddit is strictly for fellatio, so I'm happy we can actually start discussing this in a permanent place like the farms.

I prefer the /x/ greentext reading channels. The TTS voice gives it a comfy feel.

Keque
Kekke the OP
DoomerFilms
Clover Lawn
Saul Vancaserkin
Chass
Scary Greentexts
Miscellaneous Keyboard
gaunt

non-TTS channels:
Mr. Greentexts
TIMESIX
Creepswork (inactive)

For SCP related stuff I recommend The Exploring Series and TheVolgan.
TTS channels are a good idea I didn't think of. Will check all of these out at some point, thanks.

ClipBitch

kiwifarms.net
I used to like NexPo, but the way he modifies he voice with bass deepening and reverb is really annoying. I've noticed a trend of his videos ending with questions, too, rather than answers - so they're usually just an annoying time sink. I don't like how he stretches everything out, either. He'll end some point and leave us staring at something for another 10-30 seconds for no particular reason before moving on. I think he's trying to be dramatic, but it's just annoying.

Atrocity Guide is like a breath of fresh air, though. I burned through all of her videos and liked them all. Clear voice, good information, nice editing. I liked the one about the naked gameshow guy the most.

Their was this guy I used to like that got popular for his petscop videos, but be revealed himself to be a politisperg on streams so I tuned out. I'm not watching spooky conspiracy videos to hear about drumpf.

The Exploring Series guy is awesome. I could listen to him describe paint drying. He's like a non-lazy version of TheVolgun. Instead of just reading the wiki word for word he crafts his own descriptions.

Jewthulhu

A rare deepwater Jew
kiwifarms.net
It's funny how after Nexpos last video, I came here to see if anyone was talking about it. Mainly because it was cringey as all fuck. He used to make decent videos but then, I don't know if anyone noticed how much he started to censor his videos / cover ARGs. I've found his last few videos lack the intrigue and kind of...unbias his old videos had. It's sad really because his voice is easy to listen to and his editing used to be good.
Kind of an unrelated to 'creepy' channels but I recently started watching Vagrant Holiday, basically a bum who travels the world. Funny commentary, seems like a chill guy. He did a video about an abandoned island that was both creepy, entertaining and cosy. Kinda glad I was reccomended him from watching Nexpo.
Nexpo's delivery was complete dogshit. He spent most of the video spinning a melodramatic sob story, and the actual content was horribly over-censored to the point of almost being non-existent. The actual subject of the video seemed interesting though. I'm considering digging into her more to see if there's a potential thread there.