Plagued Nice Guys -

NotSendingTheirBest

YOU SEE TO SOMEONE, SOMEWHERE, OH YEEAH...
kiwifarms.net
He was young and stupid, and it's not rare and everyone's guilty of some degree of this shit. I did the same "nice guy" shit a couple of times before I learned how it was just doing myself no favors- and even worse, it actually doesn't actually help the person you're trying to help (and let's be honest, many times you're not trying to help for selfless reasons when you're doing this). It can actually cause a person to develop a lot of negative patterns of behavior without ever having to resolve their own issues.

I didn't do it because I cared about him so much, I did it because quite honestly it was just fucking disgusting to watch and I couldn't let a THOT-Enabling event like this perpetuate until it became a full Cobalt-Class contamination like the Parkinsdale Convergence of 1987.

No, really- it was fucking agonizing and obnoxious. But we actually became friends, and he's happy and we laugh about it sometimes when we catch up on holidays.
As I said, you're a wonderful person and I hope your progeny multiplies and your name will outlive many of us.

God bless you for doing this.

Vorhtbame

kiwifarms.net
Sex is not a masturbation session, you can't just say or do whatever you feel like to get yourself off without any regard to the other party.
But what if (hypothetical incoming) the sex is basically a masturbation session because it's a no-strings-attached ONS? I mean, if you're not intending to commit, what's the point of giving a shit?

(And even then, yes, you can--but don't expect the other party to do you again.)

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: BigRuler

Crunchy Leaf

cronch
kiwifarms.net
It was the nineties. And where I'm from, nineties were a bad time.

Also, when when you're pawned off on your grandmother every summer, sometimes, you don't have a lot of choice.
okay well I hope you're not still doing that

this is not directed at you per se because I don't know what you look like, but if you are a man who is not at least making an effort to be attractive, you don't get to complain when women aren't into you. the fedora thing speaks to a common nice guy problem: they wear formal clothes because they think it makes them better than normies, but they don't do it well, and it looks worse than a tshirt and jeans. the guy in that photo is wearing an ugly jacket and a vest that doesn't match, and the sideburns are weird and not in fashion right now--it's like he saw a photo of someone from the 1950s and thought let me do that.

NotSendingTheirBest

kiwifarms.net

this is not directed at you per se because I don't know what you look like, but if you are a man who is not at least making an effort to be attractive, you don't get to complain when women aren't into you. the fedora thing speaks to a common nice guy problem: they wear formal clothes because they think it makes them better than normies, but they don't do it well, and it looks worse than a tshirt and jeans. the guy in that photo is wearing an ugly jacket and a vest that doesn't match, and the sideburns are weird and not in fashion right now--it's like he saw a photo of someone from the 1950s and thought let me do that.
No, I don't do that anymore. Now I wash my head with my urine. It attracts all the ladeeeez.

Jokes aside, I agree. You either dress like a faggot following latest fashion conventions (if you're not attractive enough) or you wear what you like, stop giving a shit and but forfeit your right to complain.

Reactions: FierceBrosnan

Rebis

kiwifarms.net
I can't even imagine wearing the same pair of underwear for more than 12 hours, much less not taking at least one shower a day.
Every 12 hours? Wtf? Like if you’re working a long shift at work do you bring extra undies for that mid-shift change?
No, I don't do that anymore. Now I wash my head with my urine. It attracts all the ladeeeez.

Jokes aside, I agree. You either dress like a faggot following latest fashion conventions (if you're not attractive enough) or you wear what you like, stop giving a shit and but forfeit your right to complain.
Or you just wear a t-shirt that says some shit on it, some jeans, and some tennis shoes like most guys.

Also get a watch. That’s some life advice for ya.

CamelCursive

kiwifarms.net

I've noticed there's a lot of "nice guys" getting tripped up on clothing/grooming.

Yeah, a suit and tie looks sharp and nice- and there's a time and a place to wear that, and there's times when wearing it is a bit bold and that's still a good thing if you do it with confidence, but... the main problem I notice with these guys is that they have the clothes right, except for the size and fit and care.

They often times have no fucking idea how to groom themselves. Even if you drop a thousand bucks on a nice outfit, it doesn't mean shit when you just look like a nasty slob in expensive clothing.

That, and there's something that makes me irrationally angry and uncomfortable when I see someone in nice clothing, that doesn't fit them properly, and their skin is oily and their hair is unkempt/unwashed. It's like watching someone buy beautifully cut cedar to use as firewood to burn trash in the backyard.

NotSendingTheirBest

kiwifarms.net
Every 12 hours? Wtf? Like if you’re working a long shift at work do you bring extra undies for that mid-shift change?

Or you just wear a t-shirt that says some shit on it, some jeans, and some tennis shoes like most guys.

Also get a watch. That’s some life advice for ya.
A t-shirt, shorts, sandals and socks.

Bite me.

CamelCursive

kiwifarms.net
I shower before work, and when I get home I take one.

A long shift is a long shift, and there's always circumstances. But when the means are available and within reason, I shower and change.

Crunchy Leaf

cronch
kiwifarms.net
I've noticed there's a lot of "nice guys" getting tripped up on clothing/grooming.

Yeah, a suit and tie looks sharp and nice- and there's a time and a place to wear that, and there's times when wearing it is a bit bold and that's still a good thing if you do it with confidence, but... the main problem I notice with these guys is that they have the clothes right, except for the size and fit and care.

They often times have no fucking idea how to groom themselves. Even if you drop a thousand bucks on a nice outfit, it doesn't mean shit when you just look like a nasty slob in expensive clothing.

That, and there's something that makes me irrationally angry and uncomfortable when I see someone in nice clothing, that doesn't fit them properly, and their skin is oily and their hair is unkempt/unwashed. It's like watching someone buy beautifully cut cedar to use as firewood to burn trash in the backyard.
And then they'll insist on wearing a suit to places when it's totally inappropriate to do so.

Or they'll wear just a shirt and a vest, or even worse, a shirt and suspenders. Suspenders are meant to be underwear, hidden by your jacket. You're not Larry King.

If you're a small guy, wear a size small. Mediums won't make you look bigger. Likewise if you're large, a medium won't make you look smaller.

Here's MovieBob in a bad suit. Don't be him. Especially don't wear white socks with dress pants.
movieblob.png

• Informative

CamelCursive

kiwifarms.net
And then they'll insist on wearing a suit to places when it's totally inappropriate to do so.
I used to wear a shirt, vest, and tie casually to nicer bars and places that were 'classy'. It's not something for the dive bar, or backyard party.

I had a book a long time ago, and I can't remember the name of it- but it's got practical advice/guidlines from everything from wearing a tie (including how to actually tie it, and what knots to use without looking like a slob), how to tap a keg properly, how to pour beer, how to cook a steak, how to change a tire, personal grooming, etc. It was pretty useful, because it was like the ultimate guide for how to do man shit that a lot of guys don't know how to do.

Crunchy Leaf

cronch
kiwifarms.net
I used to wear a shirt, vest, and tie casually to nicer bars and places that were 'classy'. It's not something for the dive bar, or backyard party.

I had a book a long time ago, and I can't remember the name of it- but it's got practical advice/guidlines from everything from wearing a tie (including how to actually tie it, and what knots to use without looking like a slob), how to tap a keg properly, how to pour beer, how to cook a steak, how to change a tire, personal grooming, etc. It was pretty useful, because it was like the ultimate guide for how to do man shit that a lot of guys don't know how to do.
I assume you have a fashion sense. These guys don't, so the shirt/vest combo makes them look like a waiter or Sam Adams. It's part of their general lack of self awareness.

CamelCursive

kiwifarms.net
I assume you have a fashion sense. These guys don't, so the shirt/vest combo makes them look like a waiter or Sam Adams. It's part of their general lack of self awareness.
That's the key, is self-awareness.

If you don't know how to change a tire, then don't change your own fucking tire. Call someone over, ask them to help and show you how it's done, and learn.

Part of being a real man is having the brains to know when you have no fucking idea what you're doing, the balls to ask for help learning how to do it, and the dignity to thank the person who helps you.

LifeguardHermit

Ain tit A luuuuuuuuvly moenin?
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
My friend said she went on a lunch date with this guy, and after lunch he flat-brick started CRYING when she said she wasnt interested in netflixandchill. The kicker: had he not started crying she probably would have smashed on a future date... but he sent her this today, LOL
78uunk.jpg

CamelCursive

kiwifarms.net
I do find it odd that some women struggle to see obvious creeps but can pick up on the low-key ones.

Also not sure why I hear about girls spending all this time talking to a dude and going out and telling him she's not interested... And knowing this from the start... As if the dude wanting to get with her wasn't his obvious intention.

It's one thing to give someone a chance and find out they aren't what you want. It's another to have no intentions of reciprocating from the start and not being straightforward until you waste the dude's time and money.

As a dude it's disrespectful, insulting for sure. Nothing to go psycho about.

Well, I think I might be guilty. I liked a woman, went out a few times, talked a lot, picked up lunch for her... We actually made out on her porch a few times.... Thought it was obvious but when I was straightforward about it, she was like "oh I have been dating a guy for a month now"... And she was, so... I dunno, i guess I went psycho and told the guy about it. She was pissed, so was he, but he appreciated the heads-up.

NotSendingTheirBest

kiwifarms.net
Also not sure why I hear about girls spending all this time talking to a dude and going out and telling him she's not interested... And knowing this from the start... As if the dude wanting to get with her wasn't his obvious intention.

It's one thing to give someone a chance and find out they aren't what you want. It's another to have no intentions of reciprocating from the start and not being straightforward until you waste the dude's time and money.
See, but otherwise, certain female busybodies wouldn't have the material to signal to the world just how much they're disgusted by those spergs.

LOOOK AT MEEEE! LOOOK AT ME! I HAVE A VAGINA AND I AM OFFENDED BY AN AUTIST! INSTEAD OF BLOCKING HIM LIKE A NORMAL PERSON WOULD, I WILL NOW RANT ABOUT FEELING UNSAFE AND HOW NICEGUYS ARE THE BANE OF MY EXISTENCE! REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino