Nicholas Robert Rekieta / Rekieta Law / @NickRekieta - Hard Drinking Minnesotan Lawyer and "Internet Shock Jock" on YouTube

Should Nick's dox be included in the OP?

• Yes, it should be

Votes: 97 33.3%
  • No, it should not be

Votes: 83 28.5%
  • When he becomes a lolcow

Votes: 128 44.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Leibowitz

Bless me Father, I ate a lizard.
kiwifarms.net
Last night's show with Andrew Branca was really great. Andrew was a great, knowledgeable guest on a current news topic, and the two really fell into a groove with each other after a while. Yeah, the guy wants to sell a product, but it was more palatable (and restrained) than say, Lady Racket's essential oils or candles or whatever. He even handled the super chats well.
He's posted about the Georgia case at Legal Insurrection now, if anyone is interested.

Reactions: Dixieland Buckaroo

I'm not a Robot

kiwifarms.net
Very good, very professional lawyering, resubmit it still having a flaw specifically pointed out in the order throwing out the last one. What a fuckup of a lawyer.
The revised document was struck again for the single-spaced text and for being filed late a day late.

1589821860999.png

AnOminous

Really?
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
The opposition has now been filed a third time along with a declaration by Nicko LaCoste's attorney, Raoul J. Severo.

View attachment 1304145

When he changed the single-spaced text to double spaced, he didn't update the table of contents and authorities, so now all of the listed page numbers are wrong.

View attachment 1304154
View attachment 1304153
And of course Ashcroft v. Iqbal is literally the leading case he has to argue, and he didn't even make sure that one was right.

This guy is a fucking LanDUI level lolyer.

Kosher Salt

(((NaCl)))
kiwifarms.net
The opposition has now been filed a third time along with a declaration by Nicko LaCoste's attorney, Raoul J. Severo.

View attachment 1304145

When he changed the single-spaced text to double spaced, he didn't update the table of contents and authorities, so now all of the listed page numbers are wrong.

View attachment 1304154
View attachment 1304153
The fault in their emails must have also eaten the part about the text needing to be double spaced. I hope those responsible have been sacked.

edit to avoid double posting:

Nick just tweeted this
1589869495195.png

Last edited:

feral cat #6385

Practiced Social Distancing before it was cool.
kiwifarms.net
Wrongkeita thinks the Judge will accept this new opposition document so obviously the Judge won't and will dismiss the case.

0 and 19 SQUWAK!

• Horrifying
Reactions: Beavis

5t3n0g0ph3r

Resident Archivist
Supervisor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Sorry for being late but I'm watching the May Trashfire stream and I must say that it is a den of autism. What the hell happened ?
See here:

Reactions: Ellesse_warrior

INVCTS

kiwifarms.net
Last night's stream had to have highlighted one of the worst possible sentences a civil lawsuit could have. It was the single dumbest thing I've ever read, including My Immortal.

"Whether a tattoo artist has a sexual interest in underage persons is not a matter of public interest."

Jesus fucking Christ.

Least Concern

Pretend I have a waifu avatar like everyone else
kiwifarms.net
Sex offenders are the one class of criminals we've specifically singled out with a publicly searchable list so I think as a society we've decided it is very much a matter of public interest.
Sex offender databases (as they are now, anyway) are a dumb idea. Dudes get dumped on sex offender databases, in some states for life, if they shtup a seventeen-year-old one time after she lied about her age. I'm not afraid of a guy who did something like that being around my kids. I think I'd prefer to know if my neighbor is a murderer or drug-peddler or serial thief. Either we need databases for other types of criminals too, or we need to ensure that only those that the general public really has cause to fear appears on them - preferably both, IMO.

But yes, there were so many poorly-worded lines in that document that it boggles the mind a bit. I'll grant that his audience was a judge, not the general public, but it's hard to imagine that both the lawyer and the judge could be so disconnected from how normal people would take some of the lines written in that thing.

Tags
None