Nick Rekieta's Weeb Wars videos & livestreams - MULTIPLE SLURS

Immaculate Ape

It was ME... DIO!
kiwifarms.net
Alternately, maybe he honestly doesn't want people to feel obligated to send him money if they can't really afford it. That's what he's said, at least, and he's said the same thing about the GoFundMe... if you can afford to donate, great. If you can't afford to, don't. Neither he nor Vic want fans to send money that they can't afford to spare. Neither he nor Vic are hurting financially enough to have to beg for money that their fans can't afford to give.

And frankly, if that makes paypigs want to support him all the more, then so what? Good for him.
He could alternatively just not say anything at all, but I've already said my piece on the matter. People want to act like Nick is a pillar of humanity, and that's fine. Doesn't change my view/opinion

Zero Day Defense

The Wankiest.
kiwifarms.net
He could alternatively just not say anything at all, but I've already said my piece on the matter. People want to act like Nick is a pillar of humanity, and that's fine. Doesn't change my view/opinion
"Nick uses the Streisand effect reverse psychology to get his paypigs to dump their wallets on him whenever he says that he doesn't ask his paypigs to dump their wallets on him!"
"Have you considered that Nick means what he says when he says that he doesn't ask his audience to send money to him and has no intention except to make it clear that he's not asking them to send him money?"
"Well he can just choose to not say anything."

Dopey Cunt

Slow down your passion fire.
kiwifarms.net
Just take out the fact that he has supported Vic out of the equation for a moment and look at his behavior. If anyone else did what he does, they'd be roasted to oblivion.

Because he had a couple hilarious roasts of some KV exceptionals, doesn't exempt him from being cringe.

When you finally wash the fanboyism out of your eyes, you can see pretty quick that he puts it on for show. The charm was when it just happened, and when he saw it opened up the purses, he forced it.
I wouldn't call myself a fan of Nick's per say but I do respect his belief in free speech and the way he calls out embarrassing behavior.
I don't think he's a lolcow simply because he hasn't really said anything to embarrass himself or make a fool of himself. Trust me, if he did or said something stupid, we'd all be laughing at him too. But like someone else said, him being a boomer isn't enough of a reason to go hard at him. A few jests here and there but he's not lolcow level because 99% of the time when he analyzes or reports on what's happening, he correctly calls out the factual falseness of those things and explains them and if he happens to be wrong about something and someone corrects them, he take the L with dignity, admits that he was incorrect and then proceeds to amend himself to reflect the correction instead of doubling down and making an ass out of himself.
And he doesn't e-beg. People pay him money because they want to not because he asks and they send him gifts and stuff because they want to. Because they like him and want to support him. He's not putting up a gofundme for himself or using his misfortunes to shill any type of project (coughTUGcough). If people stopped giving him as much money, he'd be no worse for wear. Truth be told i'm pretty sure once this whole Vic situation ends, the money flow will decrease significantly.
So he's not a lolcow. Not yet anyway. Seems like you're just looking for a reason to not like him and label him as a lolcow because of your own personal problems and hang-ups. When he actually becomes a lolcow, we'll make fun of him just like all the rest. Until then, just sit back, enjoy watching him roast people who deserve it, and chill the fuck out with your Cody-level sperg.

Eric Salads

kiwifarms.net
It's a Streisand-effect. The more you try to dissuade it the more attention to bring to it. So yeah, it's 100% applicable here, doesn't change because you don't like it.

There's a reason why Nick continues to say it instead of just ignoring the morons calling him out on twitter. It dog-whistles the paypigs. Agree or not, it's what happens.
Oh no I got dog whistled into giving Nick Rackets money again. Fucking boomer lolcow!

LobotomizedFerret

Im gonna bite ya!
kiwifarms.net
I didn't claim he was. I said he is a border-line lolcow. Just like you said, not yet.

The only sperging going on here are the people rushing to defend against a point that was never made.
Saying someone's a borderline lolcow implies that that individual has engaged in exceptional behavior. You've yet to clarify what things Nick has done to merit being called a borderline lolcow.

DrearyDoomguy

Weaponizing demons for a brighter tomorrow.
kiwifarms.net
I dunno man, making money from a side hustle is pretty lolcow-ish, tbh. Money's pretty exceptional, y'know?
I will say this in the interest of fairness: if you run a Youtube show, you're automatically at risk of developing lolcow attributes. Furthermore, him waiting for people to filter in is an understandable criticism. Given that it's a late night show, waiting for peak live viewership isn't as necessary given how many people will watch the replay the day after. Time will tell whether or not that issue worsens, improves, or stays largely the same.

In Nick's case, so far he's been pretty level-headed and in general acted like an adult, and like all adults occasionally had missteps which he makes an effort to correct. At least, that's my take thus far. To me he's still just a guy who runs a show that people find entertaining. I do think hoping he gets his channel struck seems like a bit much, and calling his behavior e-begging is also a bit of a stretch. He certainly makes no effort to hide how much he loves the money that's getting thrown at him as a result of it, but if I were in his position I'd do the same thing.

My twenty dollar superchat two cents on the whole thing.

feral cat #6385

GIVE ME CRUNCHIES!!!!
kiwifarms.net
I will say this in the interest of fairness: if you run a Youtube show, you're automatically at risk of developing lolcow attributes. Furthermore, him waiting for people to filter in is an understandable criticism. Given that it's a late night show, waiting for peak live viewership isn't as necessary given how many people will watch the replay the day after. Time will tell whether or not that issue worsens, improves, or stays largely the same.

In Nick's case, so far he's been pretty level-headed and in general acted like an adult, and like all adults occasionally had missteps which he makes an effort to correct. At least, that's my take thus far. To me he's still just a guy who runs a show that people find entertaining. I do think hoping he gets his channel struck seems like a bit much, and calling his behavior e-begging is also a bit of a stretch. He certainly makes no effort to hide how much he loves the money that's getting thrown at him as a result of it, but if I were in his position I'd do the same thing.

Nick has walked the cow line pretty well. But if he should go over the edge....

You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become a LOL cow.

Somebody should probably work on his LOL cow entry just in case. Would hate to not have it ready and have it be an improv cow thread like TUG.

Ahoy

kiwifarms.net

I'm slowly working my way through the audios of these streams. First time I've listened to Nick in absence of Null, and I think that I agree with most of what you've said. Frankly, I think that it helps that he's not shy about how much money he's making, or the fact that he loves it. What really rubs me the wrong way is when people accept money, but either hide or act shamefully about it.

This might have been discussed earlier in the thread, but who exactly is Cody? Is he friends with Nick? He's not a bad kid, but as soon as he gets to talk on stream he starts sperging the fuck out and frankly I feel embarrassed just listening to him even in the privacy of my own headphones. He also never shuts up. I'm about half way through the first deposition of Toye, and half of the time I can't hear the answers [Toye gives] because Cody starts "imitating" him by speaking in a lisp and saying things that he didn't actually say. Holy moly, dude.

I wish that more people understood that it's the cows who are funny, and that it becomes immediately less enjoyable when you talk over the funny things that they are saying.

Dopey Cunt

Slow down your passion fire.
kiwifarms.net
This might have been discussed earlier in the thread, but who exactly is Cody? Is he friends with Nick? He's not a bad kid, but as soon as he gets to talk on stream he starts sperging the fuck out and frankly I feel embarrassed just listening to him even in the privacy of my own headphones. He also never shuts up. I'm about half way through the first deposition of Toye, and half of the time I can't hear the answer because Cody starts "imitating" him by speaking in a lisp and saying things that he didn't actually say. Holy moly, dude.
The chief reason people dislike Cody in addition to the spergs where he repeats the same thing for an hour is that he tries too hard to self police the folks who support Vic instead of letting them do as they will. Nick, as stated a ton of times is a very avid believer of free speech, so when someone comes in to police and try to censor and try and dictate how people should act or what they can and can't do, that tends to rub people the wrong way because it hovers dangerously close to the kind of reprehensible behavior that most of us are against. That time Cody went on his tard rant, though Nick didn't agree with what he was talking about, allowed him to talk about it because trying to censor him would go against his own firm belief of free speech. So generally when Cody comes on, it's to the deep chagrin of others.

LobotomizedFerret

Im gonna bite ya!
kiwifarms.net
I'm slowly working my way through the audios of these streams. First time I've listened to Nick in absence of Null, and I think that I agree with most of what you've said. Frankly, I think that it helps that he's not shy about how much money he's making, or the fact that he loves it. What really rubs me the wrong way is when people accept money, but either hide or act shamefully about it.

This might have been discussed earlier in the thread, but who exactly is Cody? Is he friends with Nick? He's not a bad kid, but as soon as he gets to talk on stream he starts sperging the fuck out and frankly I feel embarrassed just listening to him even in the privacy of my own headphones. He also never shuts up. I'm about half way through the first deposition of Toye, and half of the time I can't hear the answers [Toye gives] because Cody starts "imitating" him by speaking in a lisp and saying things that he didn't actually say. Holy moly, dude.

I wish that more people understood that it's the cows who are funny, and that it becomes immediately less enjoyable when you talk over the funny things that they are saying.
Cody is Nick's pet autist with delusions of being some sort of intellectual. He also makes a furry comic.

Far Queue

kiwifarms.net
I will say this in the interest of fairness: if you run a Youtube show, you're automatically at risk of developing lolcow attributes.
That's a bit like making the observation that all serial killers drank water growing up.

Not everything we discuss here goes "moo" and Nick's about as far away from that as a person who comes up here could be. I don't think anyone would seriously consider Dick a cow, but he's got a show. A lot of people do, but no one cares about them.

Nick has walked the cow line pretty well. But if he should go over the edge....

You either die a hero or live long enough to see yourself become a LOL cow.
That's essentially another tautology. You might as well say you either die or keep living.

Over a long enough period of time, almost anything becomes possible, but that doesn't necessarily make it particularly likely. Andrew Yang could well become president, but you'd be a fool to bet even money that it happens at this moment in time.

Cody is Nick's pet autist with delusions of being some sort of intellectual. He also makes a furry comic.
Nick puts up with people longer than most would. It's easy to fault him for that, but how many times have we watched movements or other groups collapse because the people involved were so quick to burn bridges or discard former friends at the merest whim? Look no further than IBS for a perfect example of that.

If he really does want to turn his YouTube channel into a job and be successful in the longterm he can't just burn anyone who isn't an enemy to appease the crowd even though we might enjoy it. Anyone paying attention already knows how that ends.

HTTP Error 404

kiwifarms.net
Amber Frost (host of chapotraphouse podcast) said this when people were complaining about Louis CK attending Skankfest (a comedy festivel) a month or two ago

Not exactly Vic's situation, but related to how people act like hysterics when he's invited to cons.
The conservative moral panic and paranoid histrionics by the con guests and staff (plus gigajaw haranguing via email)
shouldn't hold this much influence.
Oh god, Chapofags are the worst. Worse still is she's got a point there about how Louis CK did nothing wrong... but is she really trying to pretend the Woke horde that went after Louis CK was "conservative?"

No, you stupid leftist neo-nazi blogger, the woke horde is far left. Just because your little commie podcast is currently in orbit over the political left pole -- and thus everyone else looks far right to you -- doesn't mean you get to pretend it was conservatives that went after Louis CK.

But yeah, when Louis CK started coming back to do comedy without "permission" from the woke horde (who will never give it, just like they'd never give it to Vic) they were fucking SEETHING. The fact that his first return show was in a majority black club drove them fucking nuts, too.

TJ-Weber

Then you give him the Forest Whitaker eye!
kiwifarms.net
Oh god, Chapofags are the worst. Worse still is she's got a point there about how Louis CK did nothing wrong... but is she really trying to pretend the Woke horde that went after Louis CK was "conservative?"

No, you stupid leftist neo-nazi blogger, the woke horde is far left. Just because your little commie podcast is currently in orbit over the political left pole -- and thus everyone else looks far right to you -- doesn't mean you get to pretend it was conservatives that went after Louis CK.

But yeah, when Louis CK started coming back to do comedy without "permission" from the woke horde (who will never give it, just like they'd never give it to Vic) they were fucking SEETHING. The fact that his first return show was in a majority black club drove them fucking nuts, too.
I don't think she's saying the woke horde is conservative, she trying to say its conservative type moral panic like video games are satanic or whatever from the 90s. And from the times I've heard her speak on cumtown (miss with that chapo shit), she seems to be against the woke identity politics thats in the vogue. And I think she knows a lot of her orbiters are shit, she outright hates chapo subreddit.

DrearyDoomguy

Weaponizing demons for a brighter tomorrow.
kiwifarms.net
I don't think she's saying the woke horde is conservative, she trying to say its conservative type moral panic like video games are satanic or whatever from the 90s. And from the times I've heard her speak on cumtown (miss with that chapo shit), she seems to be against the woke identity politics thats in the vogue. And I think she knows a lot of her orbiters are shit, she outright hates chapo subreddit.
She got kicked out of Chapo and the subreddit started banning anyone who defended her after she took an interview with Spiked online. No idea if she's still persona non grata, but leftists aren't known for walking back woke cancellations.

• Thunk-Provoking
Reactions: rotollo

TJ-Weber

Then you give him the Forest Whitaker eye!
kiwifarms.net
She got kicked out of Chapo and the subreddit started banning anyone who defended her after she took an interview with Spiked online. No idea if she's still persona non grata, but leftists aren't known for walking back woke cancellations.
I think she's still a part of it man, I haven't seen any news to the contrary. Remember, her co-hosts don't like the subreddit either.

Also, anyone know the topic of Nick's stream tonight?

Garm

kiwifarms.net
I'll be honest, I'm unsure as to whether I'd have preferred the sperg over more CG crap. Maybe if he had Doug on at the same time so they could have it out on neutral territory.
The sperg wouldn't have been entertaining. At best it would give him legitimacy for the YouTube front Marzgurl wants to open up. At worst he breaks down crying and the whole thing is just sad.

Comicsgate brings an audience of it's own to Nick's stream. He doesn't need to cover Weeb Wars every night. Especially if nothing is happening.

Just enjoy the couple of hours this frees up.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino