Nick Rekieta's Weeb Wars videos & livestreams - MULTIPLE SLURS

OneHandClapping

Shamefur dispray
kiwifarms.net
"But Funimation settled, that means this is all over, right?

... Right?"

What happens if Casey stops returning their calls?
It's already a bizarre three-way ouroboros with defendants throwing the others under the bus as they themselves get bus'd. It might get into a four way if Ty can force Monica and Ron apart and they're compelled to throw each other under the bus.

Slab Bulkhead

kiwifarms.net
Cody is neither verbose, nor eloquent, thus his only recourse is autistic screeching to get attention. He makes some valid points, but he seems to have the issue of really -really- wanting to get his point across so he states them 5 times over. What's more, just to solidify how -adamant- he is, he has to litter in profanity every three words or so just to let you know how super serious he is.

LobotomizedFerret

Im gonna bite ya!
kiwifarms.net
I've seen shades of it where I'd occasionally bemoan clicking on a TUG or YF video, because I know for certain whatever it is on that thumbnail is not nearly as contextually damning as it appears, and that they're going to regurgitate certain talking points (particularly TUG, as YF seems to kind of just drone over whatever it is he means to say) to pad run-time. That's obvious. We get that.

Like his points make sense, but Cody comes off as an asshole for it because the circumstances are completely harmless and there's no real reason to start anything over it, since there wasn't really a problem before. Guys like TUG and YF and Hero Hei do a decent enough job as a sort of rallying cry to exemplify the grievances and upset of the angry mob supporting Vic, and as someone already said: after the the brut of this suit is pretty much well-done and over with, you can choose to keep watching these people if you want. Their audiences will sort themselves out and choose for them how engaging they are; Cody didn't really have to say anything.
Did he even say anything? He just stated the obvious while making it out to be a bigger deal than it is. Hell, MangaKamen (or whatever his name is) made this exact point months ago in a 15 min video.

Edit: Hey, even if these youtubers crash and burn, that's just more content to laugh at.

Plank

kiwifarms.net
Nick pointed out something interesting, Monica and Ron threw FUNi under the bus
I'm wondering, how will FUNi take this? Will they fire Monica? I don't think they would be very happy to keep hiring someone who is throwing them under the bus in a multi million dollar lawsuit
I can't find where Nick gave an update on Funimation in the past day or two, but I believe he indicated that there are indications that their interactions with Ty Beard were proceeding much more amicably.

It was just a brief update where the two had agreed on extending the date their response was due IIRC.

Slab Bulkhead

kiwifarms.net
It's already a bizarre three-way ouroboros with defendants throwing the others under the bus as they themselves get bus'd. It might get into a four way if Ty can force Monica and Ron apart and they're compelled to throw each other under the bus.
The difference is the size and girth of their artillery. Best MoRon can come up with is a special needs bus while Funimation is packing a few interstate travel buses.

Immortal Technique

©™
kiwifarms.net
On one hand I think that his initial point is exceptional. There's nothing "cringey" about fan art and I think it screams "anime and video games are SRS BZNS" which is exactly what we're fighting against. SJWs don't know how to have fun and let people enjoy things or do it themselves, the whole point of fighting them is to stop a dystopian world where all joy and freedom is gone that they seem to want, so it makes no sense to complain about GG and WW art and people having fun, if we're not allowed to shitpost and do positive things then why even fight our enemies at all?

On the other hand: he's absolutely right about how disgustingly lazy and low quality a lot of videos are. Put some fitting background music or gameplay in the background like a youtuber who actually tries (BDobbinsFTW and Upper Echelon Gaming come to mind) would do. What's with this 10 minutes of rambing about one tweet bullshit?
There is a double edge sword throughout everything to where I agree & disagree. A lot of people can't catch Nick's 3hr stream (Nick doesn't timestamp topics) so a condense version is good, but those other YT videos are lazy. I think they're lazy because what can they add over a real lawyer's commentary vs their regular commentary on legal topics? It's just a minefield.

Clint Westwood

Boats and hoes.
kiwifarms.net

... Right?"

La Choy blocked me about a week after he unprotected his tweets when I DMed him "How's your lawyer doing, champ?" back when he protected his tweets in late April.

I would think he'd just ignore it in his situation, but I think this signals that he realized he was in a lot of shit, and either he's waiting for the inevitable and acting like nothing's happening, or he still thinks he can beat Vic and Ty.

BHBH has 20,000 documents they can use as evidence. That's a load of fucking evidence compared to that joke of a response Casey sent out.

These aren't evil people that fucked Vic over. These are straight-up mentally-challenged dumbasses that did this.

On the other hand: he's absolutely right about how disgustingly lazy and low quality a lot of videos are. Put some fitting background music or gameplay in the background like a youtuber who actually tries (BDobbinsFTW and Upper Echelon Gaming come to mind) would do. What's with this 10 minutes of rambing about one tweet bullshit?

There's a lot ot TUG, Hero Hei and Yellow Flash videos I click off early or skip through because of regurgitating known info, spending half the video shilling instead of on content, a super slow pace, etc.

Learn to edit and put some effort in or your channels will die when your 5 minutes are up, Feminist Frequency style.
That's why I listen to Rekieta only. He goes live all the time and he actually has vital information pertaining to this issue. Everyone else is just regurgitating what Nick said but with a lot less substance to what's being said, on top of a lot less relevancy and no surprise.

repentance

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
BHBH has 20,000 documents they can use as evidence. That's a load of fucking evidence compared to that joke of a response Casey sent out.
It won't all be of any use which is why crowdsourced info is a bit of a mixed blessing. On the one hand it saves staff time having to locate the info. On the other, sorting the wheat from the chaff consumes staff time.

Plank

kiwifarms.net

... Right?"

A default judgement is entered against the two of them and they are responsible for whatever dollar amount is awarded to Vic in damages without their involvement.

AnOminous

do you see what happens
True & Honest Fan
Retired Staff
kiwifarms.net
I believe it would as far as another deep pocket to go after if Ron Soye is determined to be acting as an agent of the Tuttle Group while commit defamation and tortious interference.

Since the acts were committed in a private conversation the Tuttle Group would not have known about them I assume that will be harder to prove than Ron acting as an agent for Funimation where much of his acts were very public over a longer period of time.
All Andy Tuttle has to do to get out of it is say he had no clue Ron Soye was going around doing this shit behind his back. It will be his word against Soye's and Soye is a proven liar who, among other things, has outright lied in submissions to government bodies, specifically the Texas Bar Association.

Soye's credibility is below dogshit.

Mr. Sandwiches

Oh well, whatever, nevermind.
kiwifarms.net
This case now, honestly, has become so cartoonishly detached from anything resembling reality with these people's seriously pathetic contrivances with Vic that it feels as though there's not much left to be said about it until discovery fully opens up or more information like Soye's texts spring forth. It really feels like we've covered the full expanse of their indiscretions.

Though of course Marchi ducking papers is always going to put a smile on my face. Just the unabashed twitter-tenacity from this incredibly exceptional woman, throwing her faux-feminist weight around online contrasted with documentation of her straight-up peeking through her blinds, not answering the door when she's clearly home, hiding in fear of this incredibly normal guy performing the mundane task of serving her papers--it's too great.

OneHandClapping

Shamefur dispray
kiwifarms.net
It won't all be of any use which is why crowdsourced info is a bit of a mixed blessing. On the one hand it saves staff time having to locate the info. On the other, sorting the wheat from the chaff consumes staff time.
That's an interesting question. What would a law firm fear more: Not having enough information and being forced to actively search for it, or having too much information and being forced to sift through it.

Nontransferable

kiwifarms.net
That's why I listen to Rekieta only. He goes live all the time and he actually has vital information pertaining to this issue. Everyone else is just regurgitating what Nick said but with a lot less substance to what's being said, on top of a lot less relevancy and no surprise.
Going to a primary source is preferable and it helps that Nick is charismatic. There is value in these orbiters because Nick's streams are hours long and he usually doesn't get to the thing people came to see until 30-45 minutes into the program.

Last edited:

Clint Westwood

Boats and hoes.
kiwifarms.net
I'd figure as much. You can't just shove all that info in a courtroom anyway.

A default judgement is entered against the two of them and they are responsible for whatever dollar amount is awarded to Vic in damages without their involvement.
It's interesting that Casey isn't available for the latter-half of this month, though? Was that on purpose to try and drag out the case? Does he actually have shit to do during that time? Or does he have so much despair for his clients that he quietly bailed?

Mr. Sandwiches

Oh well, whatever, nevermind.
kiwifarms.net
That's an interesting question. What would a law firm fear more: Not having enough information and being forced to actively search for it, or having too much information and being forced to sift through it.
Less information means less options. Sifting through a cache of info is the easier adversity than having to still find info to make a case.

Plank

kiwifarms.net
It's interesting that Casey isn't available for the latter-half of this month, though? Was that on purpose to try and drag out the case? Does he actually have shit to do during that time? Or does he have so much despair for his clients that he quietly bailed?
Nick gave the impression that is was just the games Casey was playing in trying to force Vic to be deposed first and then filing a motion to suspend the case while Monica and Ron leaked selectively edited bits of the deposition to the public.

Slab Bulkhead

kiwifarms.net
I'd figure as much. You can't just shove all that info in a courtroom anyway.

Presumably since he wanted to schedule Vic's deposition for the 30th, he used the excuse that he was 'busy' to avoid having MoRon deposed before Vic was.

Reactions: Mr. Sandwiches
Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino