Nick Rekieta's Weeb Wars videos & livestreams - MULTIPLE SLURS

NOT Sword Fighter Super

"Cheerleeder" of Slapfights
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Great idea considering filing a SLAPP is inherently willful and might be malicious, meaning he'd just get all his possessions liquidated and then still have the debt found to be nondischargeable in bankruptcy. Pure genius.
Anime brings out the best in people.
It's saving the West!

zyclonPD

kiwifarms.net
Taking money for a lawsuit to start a company?
🤦 No. Instead of coming out with a failed apology then gearing up a lawsuit, outright deny the accusations and start a fundraiser to start your own dubbing company. Predating the existence of a lawsuit. How is this so hard to understand? It's a hypothetical. It's impossible to rewrite history and do it now.
Don't forget star trek, people liked his fan film more than the official discovery/Picard. The guy is very kind and supportive of his fanbase so they'll stick around. Hopefully he could branch out to American voice acting. Vic was kick out of the anime dubbing, but he still does indie flims, music work, audio books and has a twitch channel to connect with fans. Who knows maybe a few years from now people will move on and may not attend conventions as much but Vic has other talents other than voice acting and fans may support any business opportunity he can get.

Even the late Disney/neosaban ranger actors where power rangers is at an all time low gets decent booking. You just have to be a likable person and have a dedicated fanbase.
The star trek thing is cool and all but the wider audience is kind of drifting away from star trek in general in the wake of Piccard. I see it in the Geeks & Gamers, Nerdrotic, Overlord DVD, Heel Vs. Babyface, Odin's Movie Blog, Drunk 3PO, etc circle. People are walking away from it entirely. They aren't clambering to fan projects.

I hope his other endeavors take off and last him to retirement. I just remain skeptical and still hold that the lawsuit hasn't achieved what it was meant to do. It kinda looks like Ya Boi Zack's lawsuit with Mark Waid at this point. Zack lost a lot of momentum after he ended the lawsuit. The audience wanted it to be a punishment for the people who wronged him and when they didn't get that outcome they left. Vic's lawsuit is different but I think the audience treats it similarly.

You're missing the context of why those people are afraid to speak out, which is because the Funi crew have inordinate sway over who is able to be hired in this extremely niche industry. Fuck, they literally bullied a convention recently into uninviting Vic by threatening to pull their own guests. People don't want to come out in support of Vic because they do not want to be black-balled, which would be the same reason why an anime VA studio would be infeasible.

I could maybe conceive of a situation where Vic can voice act again if we have a worst case scenario in this lawsuit, but it would have to be in something like Christian cartoons on a Christian network that's as far away from these scumbags' grasp as possible, and still I think these Twitter retards would suddenly be claiming they love Jesus while they act out of hate like Satan by lying to said Christian network to try to get him canceled again. As Vic said in this ineterview, he had to do this just to survive. He was given no other options.

Also "just going away for a while" was never going to work. Everytime that's happened with anyone, I've seen these same woketards say stuff like, "If he was innocent, why didn't he fight back?" You think Kavanaugh would be on the Supreme Court if he just tried to ignore the slander about him? That's not how this works or has ever worked. They're pissed off because he didn't do that and stood up for himself against this slander and libel.
Never said "just go away for a while". I'll give you that the influence of the Twitter sphere is a potential foul to anything. The contracts with the IP holders in Japan is a lot different though. I think the only reason funimation does well is because they are the only game in town. Until there is a competitor or a collapse of the industry there will be no change.

Best thing that could happen is Japan doing the subtitles themselves and cutting out the american VA industry for sub only releases. That would be a significant blow to their capital if the sub only audience could get the product from the source instead of the meddling of a third party.

If he felt this was the only way to survive then that's on him. I just don't see how throwing all this money at the courts changed anything. Is there a portion of the world who wouldn't have changed their minds without a lawsuit? Even Vic said himself the fan response was the only reason he's still here and still gets appearances. How does the lawsuit change that one way or the other?

WhimsicalTrolli

kiwifarms.net
It kinda looks like Ya Boi Zack's lawsuit with Mark Waid at this point. Zack lost a lot of momentum after he ended the lawsuit. The audience wanted it to be a punishment for the people who wronged him and when they didn't get that outcome they left. Vic's lawsuit is different but I think the audience treats it similarly.
With Zack he cuccked out in the most egregious way possible, especially releasing rock and roll ninja and 499 minutes after the lawsuit was cucked. And he's been cucking to the sjws apologizing to them on 2 separate videos which one of them is taken down.

If vic went out saying that he apologizes for suing them and releasing a shit tier product like zack did then yeah vic will get the zack like heat, but vic is standing true to his beliefs that his lawsuit is meant to save the few jobs he can get and moron (rial and toye), marchi and funi are trash people.

T.E.R.F

kiwifarms.net
Oh gee whiz, another creepy anime-adjacent rapist who convinced himself he’s important. Good riddance.

More pathetic than this guy are all the anime manbabies REEEEEing because man who voice cartoon character can’t do bad! Get age appropriate hobbies and seethe harder.

OldManBoomer

kiwifarms.net
Oh gee whiz, another creepy anime-adjacent rapist who convinced himself he’s important. Good riddance.

More pathetic than this guy are all the anime manbabies REEEEEing because man who voice cartoon character can’t do bad! Get age appropriate hobbies and seethe harder.

I don't have a dog in this fight, and haven't actively looked into anything about it.

But please, by ALL means: define what "age appropriate hobbies" are, and where you get your metric from. Because from where I'm standing, you're just as entrenched in this "cartoon character voice" drama as anyone else is here, and I'm always up for making fun of a hypocrite.

No Man's Burrito

kiwifarms.net

I see you don't like taking the subtle approach in life.

LawTwitter is Dumb

Twitter is dumb, but Law Twitter is far dumber
kiwifarms.net
I don't have a dog in this fight, and haven't actively looked into anything about it.

But please, by ALL means: define what "age appropriate hobbies" are, and where you get your metric from. Because from where I'm standing, you're just as entrenched in this "cartoon character voice" drama as anyone else is here, and I'm always up for making fun of a hypocrite.
I love people that say this about anime, like yes, all the animes that are gore fests and show rape and more are definitely aimed at children.

AnOminous

Go Speed Racer Go!
Retired Staff
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
You know, if you’re gonna come troll a Kiwi Farms thread……be better at it. And especially don’t do it when there’s already another person or two badly doing it.
Welcome to being in a featured thread, which is basically a Bat Signal but instead of Batman you get mongoloids.

3119967d0c

"a brain" - @REGENDarySumanai
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
You can look at people like Stefan Molyneux or Ethan Ralph to see the ultimate fate of someone kicked off the dominant platforms
oof, that's a pretty harsh attack on Vic
No, that's roughly the amount the KickFundMe campaign for his lawsuit has raised.

"Oh, but that money was just funneled straight to Nick's friend Ty Beard!" Yeah, well, nobody was going to take on this case pro bono. The people who benefit the most from lolsuits are always the lawyers.
They should have raised money to hire PIs to maliciously dig into the lives of Vic's accusers, that's what the fans wanted after all (also me).

Or is it not really FOR THE FANS?

Last edited:

NOT Sword Fighter Super

"Cheerleeder" of Slapfights
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Most real anime fans hate dubs for a reason. And Funimation should have die off in the anime crash of 2008.
"Real anime fans", you know you sound like an asshole, right?
I prefer dubs because I like to relax when watching my silly cartoons and don't want to feel like I can't look away from the screen.