Nick Robinson (Polygon Feminist) accused of harassment - """accused"""

• Images may fail sporadically. I have taken measures to keep the site working under high load at the expense of static content. The new server is ETA 7~10 days.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CrunkLord420

not a financial adviser
Supervisor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I read every word of this thread and I have no clue what he's being accused of.
Not to get too conspiratorial but there is some deeper context that may be glossed over. Ben Pack and Matt Kessler (the dudes who dropped their podcast with Nick) both were interns at Giant Bomb. You may have noticed Austin Walker replying to Ben Pack in the OP, he also used to work at Giant Bomb and now the editor in chief at Waypoint (VICE).

Ali West chimed in early on, she(?) cohosts a podcast with Austin Walker.

AuraHack is a popular artist in the indie-SJW circle jerk (basically makes twitter avatars for everyone of these people), did some paid work for Giant Bomb and Waypoint. Basically outright stating this is a long known insider secret.

soryu

Jerry Mouse
kiwifarms.net
I'm looking through the profiles and likes of all the people who "came forward". They're all mutuals. They all like each other's tweets. They're Zoe Quinn stans. They're also close knit with Heather Alexandra AKA the one who was very recently the focus of Earthworm Jim creator's trans dilemma. Seems like they're all fabricating stories to gain relevancy.

Oh yeah, her NSFW Twitter is full of loli and Asian fetish stuff. Really typical for a SJW.

CrunkLord420

not a financial adviser
Supervisor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'm looking through the profiles and likes of all the people who "came forward". They're all mutuals. They all like each other's tweets. They're Zoe Quinn stans. They're also close knit with Heather Alexandra AKA the one who was very recently the focus of Earthworm Jim creator's trans dilemma. Seems like they're all fabricating stories to gain relevancy.
Duh.

Jaimas

Give 'Em the Crab Jab
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Nick Robinson has been experiencing some twitter rumors, regarding unnamed sources stating that he's a "creepy guy", and a meanie. Normally this is a meaningless rumor that would hold no water but Nick Robinson works at Polygon, within the video game industry. He's currently being ex-communicated from the church of SJW, which also involves being ex-communicated from the consumer-facing professional video game industry.

For example he's hosted a podcast for years with fellow industry professions who have immediately canceled their involvement with the project upon hearing these vague accusations.

There's a 25+ page thread on the infamous SJW hellhole of the video game industry, NeoGAF. Where he is actively being denounced as everything up to including Nazism: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1415751

I have a feeling like the salt on this is gonna increase dramatically within days. From my understanding there is no direct accusation between individual X and Nick Robinson stating he did Y. It's all incredibly vague rumor shit. In fact the thing that kicked this off was him being rude to a game developer over a bug report.

https://twitter.com/Babylonian
All it takes is to not virtue signal enough.

From there, they happily eat their own.

CrunkLord420

not a financial adviser
Supervisor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Griffin McElroy (very senior at Polygon) passively laying down for the SJW crowd. Listen and believe, shut the fuck up, don't ask for "receipts".

upload_2017-8-4_22-20-4.png

Oh yeah, her NSFW Twitter is full of loli and Asian fetish stuff. Really typical for a SJW.
You get a pass for being a weird sexual deviant if you're trans.

EDIT: merged posts.

The Great Chandler

"Pickleless girls don't marry virgin boys"
kiwifarms.net
The part that really fucks me up is how fast all of his friends/coworkers turned on him. I've never quite seen it this bad. How do you work with a guy for years and hear one person go 'lul he's a creep' and immediately turn like this?
It's like a cult. They love their crazy beliefs more than their friendship.

CrunkLord420

not a financial adviser
Supervisor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
A long twitter thread from Austin Walker (formerly Giant Bomb, currently EiC of Waypoint (VICE)), I'm not gonna bother screencapping it because of length: https://archive.fo/xacDS

For what it's worth I personally consider Austin Walker a "thought leader" amongst SJWs in the professional game industry. He likes to craft the message, the narrative and SJWs look to him for talking points. I genuinely think he's intelligent and thoughtful, he actually understands being an SJW unlike so many of those mindless virtue signalling drones. He's an SJW, but not a fool.

The Nameless One

c-cup jerking off breasts with tits and all
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Watch the drama over at twitter, it's near constant: https://twitter.com/search?f=tweets&q=nick robinson&src=typd
?
Found this in two seconds of scrolling down the latest posts: https://twitter.com/blumedic/status/893481969702535168

Glad that other people are noticing this and pointing it out. This is apparently an actual SJW pointing it out, too.

Also, from that person's tumblr:
https://blumedic.tumblr.com/post/163814843134/benepla-do-i-think-nick-robinson-is-like-evil
I have no idea what any of this nonsense means except for a horrifying ourobouros of autism.

Vault Boy

Corporate Mascot of Vault-Tec.
kiwifarms.net
Horseshit like this is why I detest the SJW movement. These people are incredibly quick to turn against one of their "friends" over mere accusations of sexism/racism/etc., even ones without any shred of evidence, often going as far as to try to ruin their lives.

I hope the guy finds a way to bounce back from this, but I wouldn't be surprised if his days in journalism are over.

Ruin

#respectskeltins
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Horseshit like this is why I detest the SJW movement. These people are incredibly quick to turn against one of their "friends" over mere accusations of sexism/racism/etc., even ones without any shred of evidence, often going as far as to try to ruin their lives.

I hope the guy finds a way to bounce back from this, but I wouldn't be surprised if his days in journalism are over.
I have zero sympathy. He chose to lay with the Devil and now has to suffer the consequences.

Juscum

Unmistakable Serial Killer Vibe
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I think the reaction here is premature on both sides. Assuming he totally did it before an investigation takes place is obviously an overreaction. Assuming suspension/investigation mean he's going to be drawn and quartered is just as much of an overreaction. Actually investigating claims like this is responsible of the company involved. I'm not sure what the complaint is on that front.

That said, a relatively well-known journalist being accused of sexual harassment is probably thread-worthy, and I'm interested in seeing how this unfolds. I'm hoping this turns out to be a Bright Eyes situation and no one was/is hurt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tags
None