Cosplay Nicole "Sheena" Duquette "Oum" - Slept her way into RoosterTeeth, directly caused the death of Monty Oum, and pissed away 250k

• Order for the new server will be going in ASAP. Performance will be rocky until then (rip).

What type of Cow is Sheena?

• Cosplaycow

Votes: 37 13.1%
  • Careercow

Votes: 62 21.9%
  • Horrorcow

Votes: 184 65.0%

• Total voters

Johnny 13 gun

TRY NOT TO DIE
kiwifarms.net
Up until the events of today, I wasn't sure if Sheena truly deserved a thread. A 36-page "open letter" that paints her as the poor, poor victim by an evil, evil company proves that she is, though. Let's begin.
1460421462720.jpg

OVERVIEW:

Sheena was born as Nicole Duquette as a Canadian citizen. She secretly married Monty Oum, head of animation at RoosterTeeth and creator of series such as RWBY, Haloid, and the later seasons of Red vs. Blue. They allegedly married in 2014, and in February of 2015, Monty passed away after falling into a coma after a "routine medical procedure" that later turned out to be an allergy shot... that Monty was getting because he was severely allergic to cats and Sheena had brought a stray into the house knowing this.

Sheena likes to market herself as a well-known cosplayer. It almost seemed as if she thought that she was RoosterTeeth's official cosplayer, as she often bragged about her and her friends knowing about characters and their designs far before they originally came out. Though she boasts about sewing and patterning, she actually buys many of her costumes online. She is 'good friends' with Jessica Nigri.

When Monty was in the hospital, it suddenly came out that the two were married. A gofundme (link provided in the appropriate section) was started, raising 250k for Monty and his family/wife. Monty died on February first.

Sheena never updated the gofundme and kept it open for months afterwards. To this day it still only says that Monty is in the hospital. Soon after, she ran off to England for a vacation with JNig, flaunting her purchases the whole way. Afterwards, when she returned to Austin, it's suspected that she got breast-implants, as she went from wash-board flat to suddenly D cups. She continued to buy lavish things and eventually moved to LA, all while doing other questionable things (described in the appropriate section below).

Now, she does streams, sells things with Monty's name on it, sells trinkets featuring art of the Murder Cat, and has opened a patreon. She constantly posts 'uplifting' things on twitter, acts like she is the best of the best, ignores any criticisms of her or her cosplays or her actions, and acts like a Professional Victim. She only brings up Monty's name when there's something she can get out of it.

Now comes the kicker--Today, May 13th 2016, a 36 page 'letter' surfaced from Shane Newville, a former animator of RoosterTeeth, in which he creates a narrative of Sheena being the poor, victim widower who RoosterTeeth wouldn't give a job to after her husband's passing. The other criticisms of his letter are addressed in an appropriate section found below. You can read the butthurt, whiny letter in full here.

Nicole as she appears now in her LA apartment with her granny-lipstick:
1461371949011.jpg 1461109069462.jpg 1461627621801.jpg

Let's get to the nitty-gritty details about this girl.
Sheena was born under the name Nicole Duquette in 1990 in cold-ass Canada. She reportedly tells people stories about how she was abused as a child, but constantly changes this story. According to the resume on her site, she went to three different universities, two for animation, and seems to only have produced one mediocre at best animated short-film.
9d2f82e064fc59240bfdb4227605ac67.png 90140525e1683598b3687613358df1e2.png e064ce73616327fcc8b73ff7fc01d2a8.png fa3d6acba09b0875d0a178e5bf830d47.png

While at Vancouver Film School, she had a boyfriend (now ex), whose family paid for her schooling. It's doubtful that she ever paid him back. She lists her occupation as 'animator' and 'starred' as a background performer in Hellcats and Diary of a Wimpy Kid 2.

She feels it's important to note on her bio (where you can also find her resume) that she has idiopathic scoliosis caused by a trampoline accident in 1999, showing that Nicole has no actual idea what the word idiopathic means.

According to someone who was part of her friend-group when she lived in Canada, Nicole was also a terrible friend and often made up stories for sympathy. She also supposedly talks shit about people a lot.
fe77bd0491d69b440db5dd0fe42dcb85.png
Nicole was a fan of RT for a while and constantly flirted with Monty over Twitter. At PAX prime of 2013, the two of them finally met offline. Monty was going after another girl, but was rejected, and Nicole swooped in and took her chance.

1435481277825.jpg
She moved in with him after dating for only 2 months, coming to the United States on a Visa. Monty attempted to get her a job at RT, but with little to no actual examples of skills needed to work on animated shows such as RWBY, she was never hired. Still, and this is backed up by Shane Newville's letter, Monty frequently brought her to work with him, despite her not actually being part of the team. And finally, after her visa ran out...
Monty and Nicole were allegedly married on May 10th of 2014, only about a year after they met. Suspiciously, they got married right when Nicole's Visa was set to run out, thus granting her a spousal Visa that allows her to stay in the United States with her husband. Conveniently. They did not tell the internet about their marriage. In fact, Monty's Facebook status, even on his personal account, did not change to 'married' until Monty was already in the hospital and the gofundme was put up. Anons on /pt/ even say that some of Monty's family members didn't even know he was married until he was dying.

It's unclear if Nicole pushed Monty into marriage or if it was a mutual agreement. Regardless, the marriage allowed Nicole to remain in the United States, due to being married. She later claimed that they were planning to have a bigger wedding with all their friends and family on 5/10/15. I recommend reading through Sheena's ramble-y blog post about it.
It was well known in the RoosterTeeth community that Monty was severely allergic to cats.

Burnie Burns, one of the founders of the company, made his cat 'Joe the Cat' into an office cat from the very beginning of the company. Once Monty was hired and Burnie learned of his severe allergies and how badly it was affecting Monty, Burnie promptly removed the well-loved by the community cat from the office and brought it to live at home so that Monty wouldn't have to be exposed to an allergen anymore.

This was huge, because on multiple podcasts, Burnie and Gus complained about Joe pissing and throwing up everywhere and yet, they didn't remove it until they saw that Monty's health was at stake. To them, Monty's health was that important to them. Monty loved Joe, and he seemed to like cats in general, but was aware that he was badly allergic to them. They talked about removing Joe and the reasoning behind it in a couple different podcasts, and Joe is now safe and happy living in the Burns household.

No, Joe is not the murder cat.

See, Nicole also loved cats. A lot. One day, Nicole found a stray. Because the stray rubbed up against her legs and demanded attention from her, Nicole picked the stay up, and it was love at first sight.
1436253133754.png

Despite knowing about Monty's allergies, she took the cat into their home and made it a house cat. She lovingly named it 'Mr. Noodle', but Sheena's critics like to call it Murder Cat because...
In order to keep Murder Cat, Monty had to go get allergy shots. It's suggested that this was Nicole's pushing, as she's the one who wanted the cat.

If you don't know anything about allergy shots, they work in a very specific way. Chances are you've heard about how 'terrible' vaccines are because they contain a small dosage of the thing they are trying to prevent. The same is true for allergy shots. The way I understand it, the subject is typically injected with what's considered to be the 'max exposure' the person should have to the allergen, along with other medical compounds that would ensure that this dosage would build up resistance to the allergen and lessen or eliminate the reaction to the allergen itself.

What's different is that Monty had been exposed to months of having this cat in his home. Months. After months of having this cat, his symptoms got so severe that he went to get the shots to lessen his reaction. If you look back in RT videos in which he's in just before his death, he clearly doesn't look healthy and his eyes are bloodshot and watery.

The short way of putting it is that Monty went to go in for a round of allergy shots for the cat, and suffered an incredibly severe reaction. He fell into anaphylactic shock, went into a coma, and later died, all because Nicole wanted a cat.
The news came as a complete shock to the RoosterTeeth community. No one expected it. A GoFundMe suddenly appeared and was boosted by the staff of the company, and fans were shocked to find out that Sheena was listed as his wife.
92d2a188dcb08ba2405b67453b8b2fe2.png
c47c7e4cb9df084489d8c8ac553b1fe7.png

(how the GoFundMe currently looks, unchanged from its original state and not once updated)

The fund has raised almost 250k and an update was never posted. The donation fund was never closed, despite Nicole having 'moved on' and moved out of Texas.

Anons on /pt/ report that when the GoFundMe went up and after Monty was already in a coma, suddenly all of Monty's account statuses changed to 'married' and all the dating history from before Nicole (such as when he was dating Hootie) was deleted, presumably done by Nicole herself.
1c1e781dd8a6db5e1ed054fc62145e6d.png

(account from Shane Newville detailing when Monty was put in the hospital while in a coma)
1438402917063.gif

(When Monty's Facebook status was changed to 'married')
After Monty's death, Sheena took a sudden vacation to England with JNig and flaunted her purchases on Twitter all the way. She seemed to have recovered fairly quickly from her husband's death.

After she returned, her breasts suddenly got noticeably bigger. We're talking like huge.
Before (with Monty):
before.png 1430523662454.jpg
Aaaaand after (after her vacation with JNig):
1432426744922.png 1445999894701.jpg

She's also become a streamer on Twitch and frequently posts photos of herself before every single stream she does in her new messy LA apartment (such as the three posted further upwards).

Oh, and she also takes donations, too, which takes me to my next point...
Apparently, the GFM money has run a little dry for Nicole.

One thing about Monty was that he hated people selling things with his name on it just because he was a 'celebrity'. He flipped out at a fan once because they were doing a giveaway of something that he signed for them. I'll give you one guess as to what Nicole is doing to make money.
1424763710182.jpg

(her good friend Chloe selling a signed prop for Nicole)
be9262e332d6fe67874802f8502cb420.png
She specifically markets the prints she has with Monty's name, and also used to sell prints stamped with his signature.

As stated before, she has never shut down the GFM. She now has a Patreon. Keep in mind that it's technically illegal for her to work in the United States with the type of stay she has.
And finally, the latest tard cum from an associate of her...

Shane Newville's 'letter':

On May 12th, 2016, former animator at RoosterTeeth Shane Newville posted a 36 page 'open letter' to fans who 'loved Monty' whiteknighting Nicole, ignoring her actions, and being extremely whiny and butthurt over being fired for not working up to the standards he was hired for.

The very second paragraph of page one goes like this:
Monty met one of the greatest women on earth (Sheena Duquette) and got married. For close

to a year both he and she worked together on RWBY Volumes 2 & 3 (herself unofficially and

uncredited). He spent more time at home working with her at his side than he did at the office,

hoping to bring RWBY back on track to the way he wanted to tell the story. Too soon, Monty

passed away. Sheena was not allowed to continue working on RWBY. After Rooster Teeth

closed the door in her face, she moved to LA to be around people who loved and supported her.

It was a long 4 months of politics and fighting to protect Monty’s legacy, as we cared about him

and his vision more than we cared about the company selling its IP and making bank.
Throughout the letter, Shane is incredibly upset with the direction RT took RWBY after Monty's death. His letter comes off immediately and constantly as "I loved Monty more than anyone and I know what's best for the show!" Never once does he mention Kerry Shawcross and Miles Luna, who spent countless days with Monty as they built the world before Shane even came on board. The only other name he mentions is Nicole's, and he paints her as the poor widow who got nothing.

Shane comes off as a disguntled employee who's mad that he was fired. He even admits that the way Monty did things was incredibly disorganized. His workflow was not meant for a team, and Shane gets butthurt over the fact that RT changed Monty's 'precious process' and made it more efficient and also tried to get him to stop working past or up to the deadline so that they could have a truly finished product. He ignores the general consensus that RWBY's quality actually improved in Volume 3, instead choosing to whine about how it wasn't 'Monty's way' and how 'He knew what Monty wanted'.

He says multiple times throughout the letter that Nicole 'got nothing', ignoring the fact that RoosterTeeth helped raised 250,000 dollars for her and reportedly also gave her a year of Monty's pay, and he claims that they 'closed the door' on her unfairly. He also whined about how they wouldn't give her a job or ask her about what was going to happen next in RWBY, despite the fact that she had never worked for them at all, and Miles and Kerry both knew volumes in the advance about what was going to happen.

Nicole retweeted this, signifying that she apparently agrees with this. Hey, anything to get more of that sweet cash flowing, right? Her husband's company wouldn't give her a job, made her audition for a part in RWBY, and wouldn't ask her about something that she wasn't involved in--What an absolute tragedy.

And that's where we're at right now. Nicole apparently supports Shane's long, whiny letter and is currently living in LA, where she continues to use Monty Oum's name to get that sweet cash flow, gets into the asses of other cosplayers, shit talks her 'friends', and spews fake-positivity on Twitter.

Website
Tumblr
Twitter

Overly-photoshopped, almost unrecognizable cosplays:
1445950342970.png IMG_0063-web_original.jpg Love_20Me_20Chain_800_2_original.jpg The_20Ice_20Queen_original.jpg Spirit_20of_20Krypton_800_original.jpg
Other images:
fan meet.png

official cosplayer.png

1430695290663.png 1438813669346.png
wow.jpg
Oh, and to top it all off-

She sells keychains of Murder Cat.

Last edited:

Hanamura

Darkness, endless, despair, fear no more
kiwifarms.net
I don't think she did it intentionally to kill him, like it was some sort of pre-meditated event like some anons in lolcow.farm have. I think she was a brat of a woman who got whatever in the world she wanted because Monty was beta as fuck and more than willing to give into her demands. She saw the cute kitty and told Monty to suck it up and get shots which nobody was expecting to kill him.

However though, I find her mooching off of Monty's rotting corpse and spending it on boob jobs and garnering pity points after all this time to be disturbing.

ERROR_ENTRY

kiwifarms.net
Shane Newville's 'letter':

On May 12th, 2016, former animator at RoosterTeeth Shane Newville posted a 36 page 'open letter' to fans who 'loved Monty' whiteknighting Nicole, ignoring her actions, and being extremely whiny and butthurt over being fired for not working up to the standards he was hired for.
This letter is incredibly unprofessional. He flat out slanders his former employer, one of the most well known video production companies on the web. He is probably breaking an NDA as well. He has a huge persecution complex and I think he has a better chance of winning the lottery than getting hired as an animator again.

DragoonSierra

kiwifarms.net
This letter is incredibly unprofessional. He flat out slanders his former employer, one of the most well known video production companies on the web. He is probably breaking an NDA as well. He has a huge persecution complex and I think he has a better chance of winning the lottery than getting hired as an animator again.
What kind of NDA would he be violating? Is it temporary? I wonder if Rooster Teeth could sue him for slander.

Some really great points to be made in this reddit thread.

https://www.reddit.com/r/RWBY/comments/4j28ds/shane_newville_an_open_letter_to_all_who/

Last edited by a moderator:

Someone in a Tree

It's the ripple, not the sea that is happening
kiwifarms.net
She was fucking the creator.
What, that's not enough? It works for a Helena Bonham Carter.
Carter was an established actress before fucking Tim Burton. This is just some lady wondering why she's not famous yet since she's not that different than the other anime obsessed girls whom the Internet has bestowed a degree of notoriety for some unknown reason.

Johnny 13 gun

TRY NOT TO DIE
kiwifarms.net
I don't think she did it intentionally to kill him, like it was some sort of pre-meditated event like some anons in lolcow.farm have. I think she was a brat of a woman who got whatever in the world she wanted because Monty was beta as fuck and more than willing to give into her demands. She saw the cute kitty and told Monty to suck it up and get shots which nobody was expecting to kill him..
I do agree that it wasn't deliberate or pre-meditated. The only ones who seem to think that are the occasional conspiracy theorist in /pt/. There's no doubt that the outcome was ultimately caused by her actions, and she chooses to completely ignore this, and as does the RT community because """you aren't supposed to speak badly about a widow!!!!"""

Actually, I've been in the RT community for about four years now, and I've never seen them so deliberately ignore and never mention the actions of someone closely affiliated with them like this. Typically, the moment someone in or related to the company does something 'problematic', they're immediately torn apart, usually on Tumblr. Sheena's actions were never put under the radar and her behavior was never once examined, all because she's the poor widow of Monty Oum.

Case in point: something I didn't add in the OP because it was 3 AM and I was tired--A blog completely devoted to how great Sheena is, made only after Monty's death, and never has anything bad to say about her. (apparently on hiatus, but you can view the archive of the posts here)

Great OP, @Johnny 13 gun

For as much as I think the phrase psychopath is thrown around, I legitimately think our little Sheena might actually have antisocial personality disorder.

I mean, her own friends literally described her as lacking empathy and it's clear to me that most of her actions are calculated to get what she wants.
Hey, thanks! I do agree that she does show a lot of ASPD traits, but I really do think she's more of a narcissist, with the way she always made /makes everything all about her. Even during Monty's death it was just 'poor me. poor sheena', and now with all this Shane Newville shit, her desire to be the professional victim and have everything be all about her is surfacing again.

What kind of NDA would he be violating? Is it temporary? I wonder if Rooster Teeth could sue him for slander.

Some really great points to be made in this reddit thread.

https://www.reddit.com/r/RWBY/comments/4j28ds/shane_newville_an_open_letter_to_all_who/
Shit, I can't believe I forgot to link this in the OP. Glad to see some people are actually rightfully doubting that bullshit letter. Also, as for the NDA- NDA's are typically only for when the project is in production. Volume 3's production has completely wrapped. I don't think Shane is violating any NDA, to be completely honest. He's just being a little shit.

What skills does she have that would make Rooster Teeth obliged to hire her? Why do so many dumb fucks think they can be dynasty hires?
Lmao she has one whole animation video to show, and that seems to be it. There's no proof that she actually did anything for RWBY.