Nier Automata -

SolidusChris

kiwifarms.net
That's pretty cool, I really enjoyed Drakengard 1 and Nier, they had such interesting and varied world, Nier especially, I need to replay Nier sometime cause that game was wicked.

_blank_

The Charles Dickens of Disco
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I am really stoked that Nier 2 is a thing. further, looking at the pedigree of developers working on this game makes me think it'll be fucking fantastic.

...but to play it I'll need to buy a PS4. Shit wouldn't that be the way though?

"Getting a PS4 huh? Gonna try out Bloodborne?"
"Nah, I still need to beat the first two Dark Souls games."
"Oh... how about The Order 1886?"
"No... Gears of War does shooting gallery games better."
"Oh, so Uncharted 4 then? Maybe Infamous?"
"I don't like Nathan Drake as a character and Prototype did the superhero thing better."
"Then why are you getting a PS4?!"
"For NIER 2!!"

LordDarkrai

I'm really feeling it!
kiwifarms.net
http://www.siliconera.com/2015/06/1...ll-bring-back-characters-from-the-first-game/

Apparently, the setting is connected to the first game, while it might not mean, it be connected storywise. Also some of the characters from the original will return. I think I have a idea who's likely to return.
Emil since if I'm not mistaken, he's immoral? I have a bad feeling that he might loss his mind when he finds out that he's one of the very few beings left in the world.

The trailer also raises some interesting questions.
Who is that women? She has some similarities like Kaine with the eyes and hair, but I feel that she a new character. I wonder if she's involved of Project Gestalt or she maybe represents a new era for the world? Humanity is done for from the last game and it's odd that she appears after those crazy events.

Reading more just makes me more excited.

Last edited:

_blank_

The Charles Dickens of Disco
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Honestly though who the guvk would actually recommend or suggest The Order 1886? That game blows
No idea, really. Just was trying to think of any PS4 exclusives that had any hype to them at all and might actually be out by the time Nier 2 arrives.

Oh wait, wait....

"What about The Last Guardian!? We've been waiting years for that!"
"I've been waiting for years for Fallout 4."
"But all the feels! Look at the giant friendly griffin-dog-thing!"
"Yeah, it's cute. And considering the game's developer, the thing is going to die in the end so why do I want to play that?"

Ravana

TAKE WING YE SOULS OF WAR
kiwifarms.net
It'll be weird playing a Taro Yoko game that isn't broken in some way. I'm stoked for everything I love about DoD and Nier with Platinum gameplay.

Last edited:

The Master Debater

American Legend
kiwifarms.net
I am really stoked that Nier 2 is a thing. further, looking at the pedigree of developers working on this game makes me think it'll be fucking fantastic.

...but to play it I'll need to buy a PS4. Shit wouldn't that be the way though?

"Getting a PS4 huh? Gonna try out Bloodborne?"
"Nah, I still need to beat the first two Dark Souls games."
"Oh... how about The Order 1886?"
"No... Gears of War does shooting gallery games better."
"Oh, so Uncharted 4 then? Maybe Infamous?"
"I don't like Nathan Drake as a character and Prototype did the superhero thing better."
"Then why are you getting a PS4?!"
"For NIER 2!!"
The first 2 infamous games were great.

Keine

The cooler ancient evil.
kiwifarms.net
I'm looking forward to how it turns out. The issues I've had with most Cavia games is pretty much always technical, so hopefully this doesn't follow that same trend.

I doubt it'd happen, but it would be cool if they decided to remaster the original NieR or Drakengard. the only reason I really want it is for the sake being able to play Drakengard 3 with a decent frame rate. I feel like NieR kinda chugged at times too, but not as badly.

Ravana

TAKE WING YE SOULS OF WAR
kiwifarms.net
I would buy an HD collection of the Cavia games. They could fuck it up like the Silent Hill Hd collection and no one would notice.

P.A

Guillermo del Asgoro
kiwifarms.net
Game is just about to be unlocked on Steam, so I figured I'd bump the thread for everyone to share the stories of their feelings getting stepped on by Yoko Taro. Or by 2B, either goes.

Ponderous Pillock

Welcome to Triple T, Tards, Troons and Trolls!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I have it, it's downloaded and ready but I won't have the time set aside to play it until tomorrow.

So ho-hum. It seems 2b's been busy stepping on the faces of all the ME:A characters though, so there's that.

P.A

Guillermo del Asgoro
kiwifarms.net
Got to Ending A. Thoughts so far: Really fun, great mix between Platinum's over-the-top setpieces and Yoko Taro's general insanity. Obviously there's a lot still left for the other routes to clear up, but you'll get more than enough to work with as an appetizer. I do have a couple gripes: The camera loves to shit itself on occasion, certain power ups can make encounters with normal enemies really trivial (looking at you, Deadly Heal), some of the sidequests are really goddamn frustrating, like that fucking jackass who challenges you to races or you get thrown into an encounter with multiple enemies far outleveling you, and if you're like me and do sidequests as soon as they're available/possible with human patience, the first half can feel really slow. But then it picks up and goes crazy with it.

BECOME AS GODS

BECOME AS GODS

BECOME AS GODS

BECOME AS GODS

Oh, and Adam's bossfight in the Copied City was pretty dope, too.

P.A

Guillermo del Asgoro
kiwifarms.net
Ending B get.
It is largely the same as the A route, just played from 2B's perspective. It actually starts with a machine trying to wake up its 'brother' by pouring oil onto it before you take control of the guy himself. His major gameplay gimmick is that he hacks enemies to deal damage to him - while he can still use light attacks, that's clearly not what he's built for. His hacking ability also unlocks a bunch of chests and doors previously locked off and a couple sidequests making use of his hacking ability. While the hacking sequences could be a bit more varied, they are still fun and make for a nice change of pace to effectively play through the A route again. Introductory sequences for the areas have been replaced by cryptic story book sequences giving a bit of context for their respective areas - my favorite being that the kaiju is actually childlike in nature and can't comprehend its banishment to the ocean.

Judging from the preview they show you at the end of the credits, A2 seems to get more focus in the C and D routes (not like that's saying much - so far, she has one boss fight and a side quest dedicated to Anemone giving you more details on her).

Ponderous Pillock

Welcome to Triple T, Tards, Troons and Trolls!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I've played about 3 hours so far.

I think a huge chunk of the plot's been telegraphed at me, and there's loads just not adding up which seem to have a really really obvious answer to it. Which will have me a tad dissapointed if it's what I think it is.

Oblivion "NO UR DA ALIENS". I noticed it when the Machines and cars looked like they were from the same rough era/tech level, while the Androids are clearly centuries ahead. Androids would make better infiltration units, and mankind running off into space where the aliens fucking are seems counter intuitive to hiding underground

P.A

Guillermo del Asgoro
kiwifarms.net
I've played about 3 hours so far.

I think a huge chunk of the plot's been telegraphed at me, and there's loads just not adding up which seem to have a really really obvious answer to it. Which will have me a tad dissapointed if it's what I think it is.

Oblivion "NO UR DA ALIENS". I noticed it when the Machines and cars looked like they were from the same rough era/tech level, while the Androids are clearly centuries ahead. Androids would make better infiltration units, and mankind running off into space where the aliens fucking are seems counter intuitive to hiding underground
More like
"Nobody's the aliens." The alien invaders have been killed by the machines after surpassing them in intelligence
and the humans were never really alive to begin with.

LoneCasshew

Casshew
kiwifarms.net
This game is everything I hoped it would be and then some. The music is even better than the trailers originally implied. The gameplay is smooth and it gives you a wide variety of tools for combat while keeping you on your toes to where you can't just walk up to an enemy and just hack and slash away.

There's just one problem; I'm still stuck at the tutorial of the game.

This game has several difficulty settings, and I think normal is too easy and I like a good challenge, so I've been playing on hard mode. For a good while I didn't understand how the dodging mechanic worked and once I figured it out its an extremely useful if somewhat overpowered tool for avoiding attacks. Even if you dodge TOWARDS an attack, as long as you keep dodging you can't be hurt. But despite this, learning that has only resulted in me dying after an hour of play getting to the tutorial's end boss instead of dying at the beginning of the tutorial. Because this game has no auto-save feature, that means that every time I die I have to restart at the beginning of the game again. To be fair, I do believe nearly every death I've had is my own fault, so I'm not upset thinking the game is cheap. Its very fair and even gives you too much power with the dodge mechanic I think. But on hard mode, you die in pretty much two hits. Just one if you're hit by the end boss. So a small mistake and you're done for, and that's been making progressing in this game a pain. On the bright side, apparently this game has 26 endings, one for every letter of the alphabet. As it turns out, dying in the tutorial is an ending. Ending W to be specific. I thought that was kind of neat and a nice touch, though it loses its charm after seeing the ending text multiple times.

It'd be nice for a difficulty setting between normal and hard, though really, I just need to git gud. This is keeping me from commenting on the story though, which is really important to me, as it was one of the strongest parts of the original Nier.