Nier Automata -

Agent of Z.O.G.

kiwifarms.net
Finally got around to playing it. Really disappointing once I managed to finish it (mostly).

The gameplay isn't very good since you can just mash dodge to iframe though everything as well as being able to spam unlimited healing items outside of the difficulty where you die in 1 hit

I was liking the story until I actually finished for real (everything but ending E which I just watched on youtube because I pirated it and I'm bad at 2hu) since it failed to answer most of the questions and just gave us a "muh cycles" ending. Really feels like all the energy was spent on making a clever trick for the expected Yoko Taro ending istead of making the other stuff interesting too.

OmnipotentStupidity

Bleeding Money at Breakneck Speeds
kiwifarms.net
I know this isn't a general NieR thread, but fuck it: it's the only thread about NieR I was able to find.

Square Enix has just announced an "upgraded version" of NieR: Replicant for Steam, PS4, and Xbox One for Nier's 10th anniversary.
SE is calling it an "upgrade" because it's not technically a remaster; the game will have full voice acting, a new character, and brand new music added to it.

The studios involved in the project are Square Enix, ToyLogic, and PlatinumGames.

Sigma

Eighteen Inches
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I know this isn't a general NieR thread, but fuck it: it's the only thread about NieR I was able to find.

Square Enix has just announced an "upgraded version" of NieR: Replicant for Steam, PS4, and Xbox One for Nier's 10th anniversary.
SE is calling it an "upgrade" because it's not technically a remaster; the game will have full voice acting, a new character, and brand new music added to it.

The studios involved in the project are Square Enix, ToyLogic, and PlatinumGames.
Also they announced they're re-recording the soundtrack :jacewow:

Trashfire Garbagefuck

Hot Carl
kiwifarms.net
I wonder if it's just replicant or if we can play as dad nier too. does new character mean brand new character or "okay you can actually play as kaine in the kaine playthrough now". I'd be fine with either really.

also if platinum is involved this has me curious about the last announcement for platinum 4. the website for it already seems vaguely nier-ish.

broilerrx

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
So essentially, we're getting the Japanese PS3 version of NieR, where the character is the brother, rather than the father. Essentially, the NieR we got internationally was based off of the Japanese 360 version, Gesalt. We'll see if it allows us the option to play as Papa Nier, rather than Brother Nier, but either way, I look forward to finally getting it on PC. NieR was one of the games I remember most fondly back when I was gaming on the 360 years ago.

Bender

Bender Bee Rodriguez
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Nier Replicant ver. 1.22474487139? I bet Clemps is already trying to figure out the hidden meaning in that number.

Detrogen

Senior Citizen Virgin
kiwifarms.net
Just heard about the rerelease of the original. Considering the original was one of my favorite games, I’m disappointed we’re likely getting the one with generic teenage protagonist .

Bender

Bender Bee Rodriguez
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Just heard about the rerelease of the original. Considering the original was one of my favorite games, I’m disappointed we’re likely getting the one with generic teenage protagonist .
Maybe the extra character is the father version.

Atlas Sneezed

kiwifarms.net
i had no idea the game would come out in two days. im so busy with other stuff, i dont think i will pick it up any time soon.
I'm cautiously optimistic about it, since oniichan-Nier is the canonical one. Anyone know if it's dual audio?
The fighting system has been drastically improved, but Kaine now has a man-jaw. Wonder what else they fucked up

give us papa Nier or i will riot. also i hope they keep classics like this in the remake.

Please no. If you listen to the original JP dialgue, Kaine is not that edgy. It's something the translation team (FUCKING 8-4!!) added on their own, and took to it's logical conclusion in Drakengard 3 where everyone is an insane sperg

Catgirls are Love

Make Catgirls Purr Again
kiwifarms.net
Square has yet again fucked up another PC port because it has
  • No V-sync
  • No Framerate limiter which is bad because going above 60 fps makes the animations speed up thus making bosses harder
  • A stuttering issue that causes your controller to disconnect which happens constantly
I'm not surprised at all. I wonder if they'll bother to do any patches at all; IIRC Automata got one patch that didn't really address the problems then was completely ignored until the Steam page was review bombed.

Cantercoin

can't find a permanentish profile pic :(
kiwifarms.net
I'm not surprised at all. I wonder if they'll bother to do any patches at all; IIRC Automata got one patch that didn't really address the problems then was completely ignored until the Steam page was review bombed.
i dont even see why they do pc ports, since more often than not, they do less than bare bones ports like these

Catgirls are Love

Make Catgirls Purr Again
kiwifarms.net
i dont even see why they do pc ports, since more often than not, they do less than bare bones ports like these
Because when you hand over the porting process to the lowest bidder, enough PC gamers will fork over their cash for your subpar product to earn you a profit? I assume that's mostly the main reason, since people still haven't learned the lesson to Not Preorder Vidya.

HaterOfAllManKind

kiwifarms.net
Square has yet again fucked up another PC port because it has
  • No V-sync
  • No Framerate limiter which is bad because going above 60 fps makes the animations speed up thus making bosses harder
  • A stuttering issue that causes your controller to disconnect which happens constantly

Square Enix's PC ports are always garbage. Their games only meet acceptable standards after their community of players patches their shit or they decide years down the line to issue a fix.

Doesn't matter if it's port of games from years past or brand new releases. It's always garbage and they still dont care to release software that meets the industry standard. Somehow they're the only major publisher that still consistently does this in the post Steam-Refunds Era.

If you're going to cuck yourself by pre-ordering or buying a PC game om release, it better not be from Square Enix. You're guaranteed to get burned.

Takayuki Yagami

Justice is Blind, and Autistic
kiwifarms.net
Square Enix's PC ports are always garbage. Their games only meet acceptable standards after their community of players patches their shit or they decide years down the line to issue a fix.

Doesn't matter if it's port of games from years past or brand new releases. It's always garbage and they still dont care to release software that meets the industry standard. Somehow they're the only major publisher that still consistently does this in the post Steam-Refunds Era.

If you're going to cuck yourself by pre-ordering or buying a PC game om release, it better not be from Square Enix. You're guaranteed to get burned.
It’s especially weird considering most Japanese devs seem to have gotten a lot better on that over time. In particular most Capcom games since at least RE7 have run like a dream.

Fuckyoudad

just be new
kiwifarms.net
I'm cautiously optimistic about it, since oniichan-Nier is the canonical one. Anyone know if it's dual audio?
The fighting system has been drastically improved, but Kaine now has a man-jaw. Wonder what else they fucked up
Both english and japanese tracks are included. I heard they overhauled the pace/requirements of grinding towards the other endings to streamline it and added an ending E as well which was previously only in some book release. Dad Nier is still the playable character in the DLC content so I'll pick it up if I find out he's an unlockable for the main game.