Nier Automata -

Titos

Your smile makes my heart explode :3
kiwifarms.net
As someone who missed the Nier boat on 360 and was always interested in playing it, would this be recommended for me?
That depends, are you willing to put up with some minor tediousness to experience a pretty good story and 10/10 music? If so then yes. If you're talking about Replicant it's pretty much the same question and answer.

Atlas Sneezed

kiwifarms.net
It’s especially weird considering most Japanese devs seem to have gotten a lot better on that over time. In particular most Capcom games since at least RE7 have run like a dream.
That's because capcom games either switched to UE4 (SF V), or run the RE Engine which was headed by a french dude and made collectively by all their internal teams, not just the japanese one

As someone who missed the Nier boat on 360 and was always interested in playing it, would this be recommended for me?
If you like depressing stories and unconventional mixes of gameplay then absolutely

Snekposter

Hiding from the Frontier fallout.
kiwifarms.net
That's because capcom games either switched to UE4 (SF V), or run the RE Engine which was headed by a french dude and made collectively by all their internal teams, not just the japanese one

If you like depressing stories and unconventional mixes of gameplay then absolutely
I ain't touching Yoko Taro shit ever again after I got burned hard by Automata.

Well, except for 2B, or to be more specific, 2B's ass. Definitely not fisting the android girl though, not in any of her holes.

The Marauder

HAUGH! *SHING*
kiwifarms.net
I’m excited. I finished Nier Automata 6 months ago and loved it. I got it on a steam sale, and played it perfectly fine with the FAR mod.
I want A2 to sit on my face
I’ve heard this game goes harder in some areas and does different things really well, so I’m looking forward to it.

Catgirls are Love

Make Catgirls Purr Again
kiwifarms.net
What were the problems with the PC port of Automata again? It’s been years since I played it.
Cutscenes played at half the framerate, crashing, LOD quirks, lighting issues, general performance problems. That's what I remember, but it's been a few years so I'm sure I'm missing things.

Agent Abe Caprine

Fueled by cigarette butts and paint chips
kiwifarms.net
What were the problems with the PC port of Automata again? It’s been years since I played it.
On 780s, the game would black screen.

Playing the PC port and it works fine. Turned Vsync on through the Nvidia control panel and turned the Steam fluff(Steam input and overlay) off. Running smoothly on high at 1080p. No stutters. It's not as bad as the Automata port was.

Marissa Moira

kiwifarms.net
God damn it they fucked up the PC port again
Like 95% of Square Enix's player base is on consoles.

Them giving IOS garbage as PC ports really shows how much they care.

Anyways if you're a true Nier fan you wouldn't be buying the game on release anyways. Like Taro says, buy the game when you have time.

The Marauder

HAUGH! *SHING*
kiwifarms.net
Desktop Screenshot 2021.04.23 - 13.46.58.01.png

Agent Abe Caprine

kiwifarms.net
Got passed the opening. Game drops from 60 fps to 54 fps once I leave Nier's house. Still a playable. Drakengard 3's single digit framerate may have broke my brain, though.

Yeah, I turned the overlay back on. No difference in performance with it off. Had to turn Ambient Occlusion off because it made my eyes feel weird.

Last edited:

Agent Abe Caprine

kiwifarms.net
No, if you actually read the review, and didn't just skim it, it's obviously satire, dumbass.
I skimmed it and was able to find the satire pretty fast. Reading through it a bit more thoroughly, the tone doesn't match the typical SJW review. The satire review doesn't feel like hysterics in text form. A legit SJW review wouldn't bluntly call their culture superior. Not bad satire despite the flaws. Author should study A Modest Proposal a bit more to improve.

Time to report on how things are going after two hours. FPS drops to the low 50's often. That's the worst I'm experiencing. Not much stuttering still. Turn the camera speed up unless you like slow cameras. No crashes or blue screens. Very average port of a Japanese game.

Running this on a computer with the following:
i5 8400(yeah, I know)
Nvidia 2070 Super
16 GB of DDR4 RAM
Game is stored on a 1TB 7200 RPM hard drive that only has less than 150GB left.