Nier Automata -

Atlas Sneezed

kiwifarms.net
Played around 3 hours on PS4. A bit bummed out that they didn't take the extra mile to implement HDR. Some cutscenes play out at 30fps, while some are at 60. Dialogues are a bit rewritten, but no wokeness just yet. We'll see what happens when Kaine and Emil join in. Battle system is expanded on, but still basic bitch territory, just more flashy. You can now cast magic while moving (that includes stuff like dark lance!) and guarding, which makes the combat dead-fucking-easy even on hard. There are some more variations of the field music, makes it a bit less tedious

The RNG is still a bitch. Which is fine by me, part of the charm

SteelPlatedHeart

Not-So-New Guy
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Same person who claimed the Persona 5 theme had a slur in it based on nothing and attacked Swery for Deadly Premonition 2.
B031931E-C621-4585-97DB-6DC70770ECCC.jpeg

More AWS-8Q Than You

kiwifarms.net
Same person who claimed the Persona 5 theme had a slur in it based on nothing and attacked Swery for Deadly Premonition 2.
View attachment 2113291
But she's not physically intersex, unless they changed. It's like she has a male soul or something. I mean, I know some people are up on their tuck game, but I'm pretty sure what's she's wearing would make it obvious.

Peru oso donas

ME ENCANTA SER NAZI
kiwifarms.net
But she's not physically intersex, unless they changed. It's like she has a male soul or something. I mean, I know some people are up on their tuck game, but I'm pretty sure what's she's wearing would make it obvious.
Since the OG game she always had a penis, it's why she was bullied by the kids in her village even before fusing with a shade. There was also a short story in the artbook where the shade makes her jerk off in front of some nun, pretty wholesome stuff IIRC one of the original DLC costumes also make it more obvious like you said.

TVStactic

kiwifarms.net
Since the OG game she always had a penis, it's why she was bullied by the kids in her village even before fusing with a shade. There was also a short story in the artbook where the shade makes her jerk off in front of some nun, pretty wholesome stuff IIRC one of the original DLC costumes also make it more obvious like you said.
yeah, she was intersex on the original game, there's even a webm posted on /v/ which shows how much they changed her.

More AWS-8Q Than You

kiwifarms.net
In the art book, which I didn't know, but her in game model doesn't even have a bulge, at least in the new one and the old DLC outfits don't seem to. I mean, it's Yoko Taro, so whatever.

Edit: Went over to /v/ to look, I guess I kinda see it. Christ Above, /v/ and it's fucking autism needs to be burned to the fucking ground, I feel dirty just going there.

Last edited:

Agent Abe Caprine

Fueled by cigarette butts and paint chips
kiwifarms.net
How do these PC ports even get messed up so bad, aren’t video games made on computers
PCs aren't standardized like consoles. With consoles, they just have to worry about a few different models. With PCs, there are hundreds of different combinations of parts. To make matters worse, PC ports of console games are often outsourced. The people making the PC port aren't always the original developers.

elzaw

kiwifarms.net
well, the achievement is called "Daredevil" for a reason...

Kaine was originally referred to as a hermaphrodite until they changed it intersex to be politically correct. I don't have a problem with it but I think hermaphrodite was more accurate since she was born with male genitalia due to a glitch in a program (her gestalt was female). This is all in the supplemental material for people who are interested in the lore, casual players probably won't be able to pick up the hints about Kaine's gender. This is why the achievement is described as "discover her secret". Imo it's actually a clever way to handle the subject matter instead of just having Kaine tell the player. It's also Taro lowkey being a troll ("Oh, you wanna look under the hot girl's skirt? Well, you'll probably won't like what you'll see there"). So I don't agree the achievement is disrespectful because the character in question loves to whore around (and is also gross and violent but the fan base vilified the shit out of her).
Anyways, if SE won't bend the knee to the ethics department and remove the achievement, I'll grab it. Swery had to learn the lesson the hard way: never pander to TroonyTrunes, it's never enough.

Atlas Sneezed

kiwifarms.net
Why do people even CARE about achievements anymore? Why haven't they died out yet? I turned that shit off years ago, there's nothing more irritating then having a "100 useless gamer points for playing the game!" during an important cutscene which of course obstructs something happening on screen. People need to be bullied for this

So I don't agree the achievement is disrespectful because the character in question loves to whore around (and is also gross and violent but the fan base vilified the shit out of her).
You sure you didn't mix Kaine up with Zero from Drakengard 3? I don't remember Kaine putting out anywhere in the books

Last edited:

The Marauder

HAUGH! *SHING*
kiwifarms.net
Okay the Steam reviews have gone from mixed to mostly positive. If I only have to cap the framerate with external software, I might get it in several days when I have time.

HaterOfAllManKind

kiwifarms.net
Okay the Steam reviews have gone from mixed to mostly positive. If I only have to cap the framerate with external software, I might get it in several days when I have time.
I am pretty tempted as well. I still think the way to go is to wait for a patch or a sale. If I buy before either of these, I will use a key reseller like G2A.

Square Enix is way too comfortable with releasing substandard ports to PC. They really shouldn't be encouraged.

Last edited:

M3xus

kiwifarms.net
Why do people even CARE about achievements anymore? Why haven't they died out yet? I turned that shit off years ago, there's nothing more irritating then having a "100 useless gamer points for playing the game!" during an important cutscene which of course obstructs something happening on screen. People need to be bullied for this

You sure you didn't mix Kaine up with Zero from Drakengard 3? I don't remember Kaine putting out anywhere in the books
I like it when developers use it to add a little levity, like the end of the bit where Eve is born from Adam in N:A, but otherwise they're too distracting. Especially multiplayer ones.

TVStactic

kiwifarms.net
Swery had to learn the lesson the hard way: never pander to TroonyTrunes, it's never enough.
the thing is that swery wants to keep their head above the water and the only place japan uses commonly is twitter, every time they tried their americana style to which i believe they should patent that sit to pander them idiots it always flopped but if they stick to their alter artsy copy thing like deadly premonition and D3 they can go really far because of their own retarded americana. but the problem is them trying to listen to twitter and reddit fags, a fatal mistake... kinda like listening to most of the /v/ or /vg/ autists.

Marissa Moira

kiwifarms.net
The reason why it was easier to remake shit rather than just porting it directly from the original version, was mostly due to the fact that the OG Nier was made for specialized hardware and taking it out of it's natural environment fucked things up and stuff looks really really low resolution in many areas in the original game due to budget constraints.

You can't make textures in 4k if the originals are not in 4k (there's a few textures sets that are not the same resolution as everything else because they were probably taken from a library to save time), there's some character differences but they're not major and that mostly seems to stem from having different artists on the project and them not keeping all the original source materials and needing to remake those as well.

I'm curious what's going on with the rumored Xillia 1 and 2 remake because that's another PS3 game that was primarily made for that. The Symphonia remake for PS3 had technical issues as well. If Square Enix has had issues with bringing forward PS3 games, bandai namco will certainly have those issues tenfold.