Nier Automata -

Tepes Thot

kiwifarms.net
So how is it so far? Automata was my first Nier game, and I liked it, so I was thinking of getting this.

Kind of don’t like the chars aside from Nier from what I’ve seen so far though :/ .

Raiken

Making Nanomachines great again
kiwifarms.net
I'm curious what's going on with the rumored Xillia 1 and 2 remake because that's another PS3 game that was primarily made for that. The Symphonia remake for PS3 had technical issues as well. If Square Enix has had issues with bringing forward PS3 games, bandai namco will certainly have those issues tenfold.
Symphonia got fucked because they where building on the PS2 version, it had more contend, but overal had lower resolution textures, sound and framerate.

M3xus

kiwifarms.net
So how is it so far? Automata was my first Nier game, and I liked it, so I was thinking of getting this.

Kind of don’t like the chars aside from Nier from what I’ve seen so far though :/ .
I'm enjoying it. Seeing everything without the massive Xbox 360 desaturation is nice, and the younger protagonist is growing (heh) on me. The expanded moveset goes a long way to spicing up combat, but you don't really need the extra moves.

As to your second sentence, Nier's about a somewhat likeable cast of jerks stuck making the best of a really bad situation. I found it refreshing, and Kaine and Weiss do grow on you.

Emil is always Best Boy. Always.

SteelPlatedHeart

Not-So-New Guy
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
In regards to achievements, there was a pretty funny story one for the end of a chapter in Yakuza 7, where the characters walk into the soapland they’re working at only to find the owner and their boss hanging from the ceiling in an apparent suicide.

The name of the achievement? Soap on a Rope

Marissa Moira

kiwifarms.net
In regards to achievements, there was a pretty funny story one for the end of a chapter in Yakuza 7, where the characters walk into the soapland they’re working at only to find the owner and their boss hanging from the ceiling in an apparent suicide.

The name of the achievement? Soap on a Rope
My favorite achievement is still Virgin from Kingdom Come Deliverance.

Titos

Your smile makes my heart explode :3
kiwifarms.net
Am I insane, missing something, or is the first playthrough missing stuff from the original release in terms of story stuff? I played it back on the 360 but never finished it, only got to the point shortly after the timeskip happens originally but I remember some plot stuff happening that hasn't happened in the 10 hours I've put in so far. Emil particularly feels like he's written or performed differently but I can't put my finger on why.

Marissa Moira

kiwifarms.net
Am I insane, missing something, or is the first playthrough missing stuff from the original release in terms of story stuff? I played it back on the 360 but never finished it, only got to the point shortly after the timeskip happens originally but I remember some plot stuff happening that hasn't happened in the 10 hours I've put in so far. Emil particularly feels like he's written or performed differently but I can't put my finger on why.
Extra story content gets added if you've beaten the game once.

Titos

kiwifarms.net
Extra story content gets added if you've beaten the game once.
I know, I just could have sworn there was specifically some extra scenes with Emil during route A on Gestalt that isn't here for some reason. I could just be misremembering though.

Marissa Moira

kiwifarms.net
I know, I just could have sworn there was specifically some extra scenes with Emil during route A on Gestalt that isn't here for some reason. I could just be misremembering though.
I think you might be confusing stuff with parts of The Mask King that happen later.

Agent Abe Caprine

Fueled by cigarette butts and paint chips
kiwifarms.net
Good news, bloom fans. Seafront's beaches are still bright. Really, really bright.
So far I've been experiencing a noticably low framerate, the exact opposite issue that everyone is having
Try using the Special K mod. According to the developer of that, xinput causes FPS drops due to some issue in Nier's gamepad code. If you're using an Xbox controller, this might be the cause.
Current version of Special K
PC gaming wiki article about it.

Titos

kiwifarms.net
Ending E of replicant sure was something I guess. The second THAT thing showed up I could hear the collective assholes of everyone who finished Drakengard tighten, but I guess Taro isn't enough of a madman to put people through that again.

Trashfire Garbagefuck

Hot Carl
kiwifarms.net
Ending E of replicant sure was something I guess. The second THAT thing showed up I could hear the collective assholes of everyone who finished Drakengard tighten, but I guess Taro isn't enough of a madman to put people through that again.
I wanna see this but god damn it I am not playing through this game multiple times AGAIN just for a new ending.

Titos

kiwifarms.net
I wanna see this but god damn it I am not playing through this game multiple times AGAIN just for a new ending.
Just watch it on jewtube then. If you already got ending C and D it's really not that much time to get to it. Takes about an hour to get to the part where ending E starts.

Tealeaf

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The bulk of the game time is in exploring, grinding materials, money and side quests if those are your thing. None of which you will have to do all over again on the subsequent routes. The main routes themselves are not that long if you don’t waste time lollygaggin.

Agent Abe Caprine

Fueled by cigarette butts and paint chips
kiwifarms.net
On the C route right now. Tend to take forever at this point because I just want to relax to the music and kill some shades. Happens every single time. The new combat is making the messing around longer.

If you need to do any material or level grinding late game, unlock the fortune teller in Forest of Myth. Not sure if this was in the original. Mostly grinded in the Junk Heap on PS3. A mix of Junk Heap and the fortune is helping me out here.