$ Nike loses $790 million and a 46% plunge in North American sales - Thanks China, LeBron and Kaepernick, really cool!

MirnaMinkoff

Mama, nobody sends you a turd and expects to live.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
A well-made pair of boots will literally last longer than you.
I can vouch for this. Even non-work boots I have (made in Europe, not China) last for years, then I get them resoled/heeled and use them for another five years.

The demise of local cordwainers and cobblers fucking sucks. A pair of hand stitched leather boots is worth every penny - unlike shitty overpriced sweat shop sneakers.

If you want a good pair of everyday boots you can do anything in and last forever, buy Genesco Vietnam era combat or jungle boots. cheaper than Nikes too.

Orion Balls

Sorry Wendy, I love my hat girl.
kiwifarms.net
All the best trail running shoes are Nike. I know, they only get to keep a single niche group of skinny potheads, but that's still something!

Cardenio

Autistic Gaucho
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Imagine being one of those faggots that buys 300 dollar "basketball" shoes because it's Nike. I know it (probably) won't happen, but I'd love to see Nike go under.
I believe in buying good quality shoes because if you fuck up your feet life is really miserable. Learned that the hardway in my teens after getting a pair of cheap shoes that put a horrendous corn on my toe.

Anyway I'd never spend more than $150 for shoes, unless it was something like Cowboy Boots which I've never needed to own anyway.

DerSandstrom

Shocked Mormon of Color, pronouns are fuck/you
kiwifarms.net
So I get collecting like old shit and all that, but can someone explain to me the shoe collecting phenomenon? I don't get it. I just wear them on my feet, not build a whole closet full of them and never wear them.
Because people are stupid. Sneakers don't even have appreciating value. They begin to degrade and fall apart pretty quickly when in a closet due to the material they use in them.

Sir Wesley Tailpipe

kiwifarms.net
So I get collecting like old shit and all that, but can someone explain to me the shoe collecting phenomenon? I don't get it. I just wear them on my feet, not build a whole closet full of them and never wear them.
As close as I get to it is having a few pairs of Chuck Taylors or Vans and mixing and matching. I always get a laugh when people freak out about me wearing some of the ones I have, like they should be in a museum or something.

• Agree
Reactions: Uncanny Valley

agility_

kiwifarms.net
They're mostly uniquely painted and designed, while at the same time fit a set template for uniformity, come in more or less the same size boxes, and often they have stupid "limited run FOMO" shit for imbeciles with spare money. They're like modern day Fabergé eggs but made of trash oil refinery waste.

Reverend

kiwifarms.net
Tags
None