Disaster Nine American Citizens Killed in Highway Attack in Mexico -

Should the US make war against Mexican cartels?

• Yes. We have to take revenge for American citizens killed by these bastards.

Votes: 19 8.4%
  • No. It will be just like [Vietnam/Iraq/Afghanistan], except more costly and inefficient.

Votes: 30 13.3%
  • Maybe/I don't know/I'm not sure

Votes: 14 6.2%
  • Only if the GOOD weed isn't touched

Votes: 24 10.7%
  • We need to just glass Mexico. The cartels run that state at this point.

Votes: 138 61.3%

• Total voters

MasterDisaster

I'm here for the juice, baby.
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net

MEXICO CITY—Gunmen in Mexico killed nine U.S. citizens, three women and six children, as they were traveling on a highway, officials and family members said.

The victims, members of a Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints community in northwestern Mexico, were traveling between the states of Sonora and Chihuahua when they were attacked early Monday afternoon.

“This is a lamentable situation,” said President Andrés Manuel López Obrador during his morning news conference. He promised that his government would do everything possible to find the perpetrators and bring them to justice.

A convoy of three SUVs in which family members were traveling might have been confused by gunmen from one organized crime group that is disputing the area with a rival group, Mexico’s security minister, Alfonso Durazo, said.

President Trump said Tuesday that the U.S. is ready and willing to help Mexico take on the drug cartels if the country needs or requests assistance.

“This is the time for Mexico, with the help of the United States, to wage WAR on the drug cartels and wipe them off the face of the earth,” he tweeted. He added that “the cartels have become so large and powerful that you sometimes need an army to defeat an army!”

President Lopez Obrador rejected the offer of military help Tuesday. “I think we don’t need intervention,” he said.

He said the war on Mexico’s powerful drug cartels carried out by the previous two governments was a failed policy. “They declared war and it didn’t work,” he said. “They put the people of Mexico in mourning.”

Mr. Lopez Obrador said he wouldn’t change his strategy of dealing with the country’s relentless cartel-fueled violence, which entails addressing the poverty and inequality that he says drives Mexico’s violence. He said he would continue to provide “a lot of well-being for the population and a lot of attention to young people.”

‘“We will not yield on this,” he said.

Security Minister Durazo said that in addition to those killed, six children were wounded, one young girl was found unhurt and one girl was believed missing, he said.

The wounded minors were in good condition except for one girl who had a bullet wound in the back, “but fortunately she is out of danger,” Mr. Durazo said.

Mexican drug cartels make the mafia and yakuza look like boy scouts in comparision to the amount of collateral damage they're willing to create.

Last edited:

Tour of Italy

Closed on Thanksgiving
kiwifarms.net
Couple points:

1) I’m seeing reports that they are a splinter group from the current Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, not active members of the current American-based main church.

2) I’m also reading that many of them had dual citizenship with Mexico since the La Mora community the victims came from has descendants of early Mormon pioneers. So it’s definitely likely that the families were targeted specifically.

3) While I don’t doubt the likelihood of American-looking travelers being deliberately targeted in Mexico, especially ones with baggage relating to the surrounding community (including recent baggage with the cartels, apparently), this does check a number of the boxes for a false flag. We’ll know more once we see the US Government’s response to this.

Whatever the cause, I think this raises the likelihood of us seeing US Marines in Mexico within the year.

Para obtener medicamentos baratos de la farmacia
Querían esas pastillas de plomo.

DCM90

For The Hearts Of Women Everywhere
kiwifarms.net
I do not justify at all the death of innocent children and women, criminal groups look very cowardly. BUT THE MORMON LEADER JOEL LEBAR SOTO AND SEVERAL OF HIS CHILDREN AS BENJAMIN whom they executed for beign a narco in 2008, and the supposedly activist Julián Lebaron, and the brother of joel lebaron, Daniel lebaron whom they also executed for narco years ago in Sonora, they have DECADES beign dedicated to drug trafficking, and that is known by many people in the municipalities of Buenaventura and Galeana, Lebaron etc, and in addition to committing many abuses against many humble people, such as land spoils, exploitation of clandestine aquatic wells to the detriment of hundreds and hundreds of peasants etc etc.
Even to the mother of former deputy Alex lebaron González, Ms. María González was arrested for drug trafficking in the CD Juarez prison from 2002 to 2011 approx.
In fact, in the municipality of Galeana, the Lebaron family is known as "the Galeana Cartel" and they are repudiated by many people.
And 3 years ago Joel Lebaron was accused of sending a hit against a rancher named Cruz because he was one of the few who did not put up with him, and Mr. Cruz sued Joel Lebaron, and one day before starting the trial for the Mr. Cruz filed a lawsuit he was executed, and everyone knows that the intellectual author was JOEL LEBARON SOTO.
And many more things that could be told about this Lebaron family ..
They exercise an iron hand worthy of reports nationwide, but since they are gringos and have the backing of the US government, they pretty much can do as they please in Mexico .

RJ MacReady

cheating bitch
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
I'm willing to bet this actually was a fuck-up by the cartels. My understanding is that most of them avoid deliberately killing Americans (especially in insane, high-profile slaughters like this) because they don't want heat from the US government. Robberies and kidnapping, sure, but mass murder drawing international media attention? Unlikely.

break these cuffs

Blue Falcon Actual
kiwifarms.net
I do not justify at all the death of innocent children and women, criminal groups look very cowardly. BUT THE MORMON LEADER JOEL LEBAR SOTO AND SEVERAL OF HIS CHILDREN AS BENJAMIN whom they executed for beign a narco in 2008, and the supposedly activist Julián Lebaron, and the brother of joel lebaron, Daniel lebaron whom they also executed for narco years ago in Sonora, they have DECADES beign dedicated to drug trafficking, and that is known by many people in the municipalities of Buenaventura and Galeana, Lebaron etc, and in addition to committing many abuses against many humble people, such as land spoils, exploitation of clandestine aquatic wells to the detriment of hundreds and hundreds of peasants etc etc.
Even to the mother of former deputy Alex lebaron González, Ms. María González was arrested for drug trafficking in the CD Juarez prison from 2002 to 2011 approx.
In fact, in the municipality of Galeana, the Lebaron family is known as "the Galeana Cartel" and they are repudiated by many people.
And 3 years ago Joel Lebaron was accused of sending a hit against a rancher named Cruz because he was one of the few who did not put up with him, and Mr. Cruz sued Joel Lebaron, and one day before starting the trial for the Mr. Cruz filed a lawsuit he was executed, and everyone knows that the intellectual author was JOEL LEBARON SOTO.
They exercise an iron hand worthy of reports nationwide, but since they are gringos and have the backing of the US government, they pretty much can do as they please in Mexico .
Christ, even the fucking Mormons in Mexico are dope runners?

It's HK-47

Meatbag's Bounty of Bodies
Supervisor
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
At this point, I really do think a military intervention of some kind is needed. I don't think that poverty is the only reason cartels exist. Why the fuck do Americans keep going to Mexico, though?

I'm already staring at the clock and counting the seconds until all the major media outlets start breathlessly defending the cartels as good boys who didn't do nothin'. Again, I mean. Nancy already pulled that "spark of divinity" bit awhile ago, I realize.

Tour of Italy

Closed on Thanksgiving
kiwifarms.net
Yeah I figured there was some history there, and I’m interested to see how the US media handles it.

I’m guessing either they run with the innocent Americans schtick or end up somewhere equally off-base in the other direction, like a piece on how Mormon missionaries from Idaho have been running drugs for years.

What you’re saying here reminds me of something someone said on Nick Rekeita’s stream: how being an American abroad and knowing that the US military will come in and kick down doors to save your ass if shit goes down is well worth the taxes. I’m not surprised people leverage that sort of diplomatic privelage.

mindlessobserver

kiwifarms.net
I'm willing to bet this actually was a fuck-up by the cartels. My understanding is that most of them avoid deliberately killing Americans (especially in insane, high-profile slaughters like this) because they don't want heat from the US government. Robberies and kidnapping, sure, but mass murder drawing international media attention? Unlikely.
Fuck up or not it did happen. The US cant just ignore a massacre of it's own citizens even if they are fundamentalist loons. Whether or not they should have been in Mexico in the first place is irrelevant to the issue that this happened. The Mexicans will have to come down on the cartel that did this like a ton of bricks or else we will have no choice but to honor the ghost of General Pershing and do it ourselves.

los pepes

kiwifarms.net
There's gonna be a lot of tough talk but nothing substantial. The fact is the cartels have the long term advantage. If the US threatens too much all they have to do is start bringing the violence north. Americans don't give a shit if Mexico is a narco state, but they do care if the SW starts looking like one. "Oh but then the US will get really mad and do something bigger!" Like what? Invade Mexico? Pretty soon a quarter of our population will be Mexican or close enough. They are not going to support an occupation of their motherland, especially when the inevitable collateral damage happens or the usual things soldiers do when fighting the type of war it would take to clear out Mexico come to light.

Given that the American publics response to any crisis seems to be "do something, but not that!" whatever President is seen as responsible for causing the carnage to spill over will get the blame while a series of con men are elected promising snake oil solutions to make it all go away. Much like has been happening in Mexico for half a century.

sperginity

crack whore
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Why the fuck do Americans keep going to Mexico, though?
It sounds like this particular group was Mormons on their religious mission.

They must have drawn the short end of the stick.
mormons go to mexico so they can have polygamous under aged brides without getting raided, just like mitt romney's family of origin did (can't remember if it was his dad or grandfather, but one of them did).

real mormon missionaries never have children with them. most are 19 or 20 year old guys. mormon missions almost always aim for conversions, charity missions are a rarity.

Tour of Italy

Closed on Thanksgiving
kiwifarms.net
Fuck up or not it did happen. The US cant just ignore a massacre of it's own citizens even if they are fundamentalist loons. Whether or not they should have been in Mexico in the first place is irrelevant to the issue that this happened. The Mexicans will have to come down on the cartel that did this like a ton of bricks or else we will have no choice but to honor the ghost of General Pershing and do it ourselves.
As tempting a solution that would be, there’s no way that there wouldn’t be collateral damage on both sides of the border. The second the US Military sets foot in Mexico, the wheels start turning that would set in motion a massive string of terrorism on US soil.

If you think middle class burnouts snapping and shooting up a store is bad, just wait till cartels start picking targets in urban centers.

Meanwhile you’ve got Americans everywhere saying “How could this happen!” before pausing to do a line of cocaine.

There were a string of raids launched into the US in the 1910’s by Mexican radicals hoping to start shit. They were successful in provoking a response from the government, but on a local level they were costly to the radicals because every street they targeted had dozens of rifles pointing out of the windows.

In short, go buy a fucking gun and don’t do drugs.

Last edited:
Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino