Disaster Nine American Citizens Killed in Highway Attack in Mexico -

• The End of Proving Grounds: (Thread) (Update) (Last Call in PG)
    I've enabled GIF avatars across the site again. Don't make me regret this.

Should the US make war against Mexican cartels?

• Yes. We have to take revenge for American citizens killed by these bastards.

Votes: 20 8.8%
  • No. It will be just like [Vietnam/Iraq/Afghanistan], except more costly and inefficient.

Votes: 30 13.3%
  • Maybe/I don't know/I'm not sure

Votes: 14 6.2%
  • Only if the GOOD weed isn't touched

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • We need to just glass Mexico. The cartels run that state at this point.

Votes: 138 61.1%

• Total voters

Spooky Bones

YOUTU.BE/watch?v=FZi9Phz7HG4
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Let's also think about this-- the opportunities for corruption within the U.S. military if there is any action south of the border. There are already people with cartel/gang connections aplenty who go there for training and weapons. And plenty of people with family ties to Mexico, to bind and to threaten. And people of all backgrounds will also just plain get offered exceptional amounts of money. Being in Mexico and having the option to desert there, I can imagine some taking the Mexicans up on it; I can also imagine the US wanting to keep this quiet should such a situation eventuate. It would only take a couple of rogue officers to really cause some serious problems. Even on an individual soldier level if there was any US military presence to speak of in Mexico drug muling alone could be a really gravely serious problem let alone arms dealing, assassination, looking the other way on the cartel payroll. And it won't just Pvt. Lopez and Spc. Garcia, either.

Spooky Bones

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
What? Treviño was charged with avoiding arrest and paid a 700 dollar fine, then went back to Mexico and started a cartel. Keep in mind this dude wasn't even really living in America. He border hopped from time to time, illegally, to shop in America.

Are you suggesting that the CIA was prescient that this dude was going to become one of the biggest cartel leaders and only fined him to keep an eye on him?
Not who you're replying to but: I wouldn't think the CIA, as such, but if this is a character who had cartel connections (even undisclosed legally) at the time, this is exactly the sort of fella the DEA would like to get their claws into in their wettest of dreams, and for very good reason we wouldn't have heard anything cartel-related at the time.

HeyYou

seriousposter
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Not who you're replying to but: I wouldn't think the CIA, as such, but if this is a character who had cartel connections (even undisclosed legally) at the time, this is exactly the sort of fella the DEA would like to get their claws into in their wettest of dreams, and for very good reason we wouldn't have heard anything cartel-related at the time.
He wasn't involved with serious drug running or cartel business until the late 90s, The US didn't notice him until he started seriously moving drugs across the border in the 2000s, because until then he hung around southern Mexico. Then they were only involved because he kept making trips to the border to see his narco baby.

• Optimistic
Reactions: Spooky Bones

3119967d0c

رنج آمریکایی ها
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
If you're an American and you go to Mexico and get killed, it's your own fault. Missionaries do nothing to help people in their own countries, they just help import more third-world trash. Good riddance.
It's the official Mormons that are bringing foreigners into your country. Not these people who just want to be left alone. 'Real' Mormons are why there are Polynesian islanders in Utah.

Have anyone of you going "AMERICA FUCK YEAH 2ND MEXICAN WAR NOW" been in any non tourista part of Mexico for any length of time? The Mexicans would never put up with US soldiers traipsing around their country even to root out cartels... This is a fact and all this "oh but they're bad and sell poison" should be directed to the spooks that brought this on.
In theory it would be nice if US military resources were expended murdering civilians somewhere besides the Middle East and to a lesser extent, Africa.

It still wouldn't be moral however. The cartels would effectively be left alone. Civilians would be murdered en masse. Mexican smallholders would be incentivised to dime each other out as 'terrorists' to be sent to Guantanamo Bay. And, of course, millions if not tens of millions of Mexicans would flee to El Norte to be used as cheap labor by Trump's Chamber of Commerce backers.

All told, it would be terrible for America and worse for Mexico.. so there's a good chance it might happen.

It doesn’t matter who fucking created him when their wealth and influence is literally driven by the American consumer.
The power of the occupational government of America is heavily involved at the supply side too. 90% of the world's opium is grown in Afghanistan, thanks to the American 'liberation', and hundreds of Iranian border police are martyred each year trying to stop that filth. I have no doubt Afghani opium comes through the Mexican-American border too.

Obviously, fixing that problem would be a great start. Then execute every member of the Sackler family. Then start cracking down on dealers with proper force, and most of America's drug problems would be solved.

Last edited:

Feline Supremacist

I am a Dog-Exclusionary Radical Felinist
kiwifarms.net
It doesn’t matter who fucking created him when their wealth and influence is literally driven by the American consumer.
As for the pride of the Mexican people, I don’t doubt that intervention won’t be seen kindly, but its only even worth considering if it gets to the point where Uncle Sam stumbling in is a better option than you and everyone you love getting your throats slit.
i don't disagree, Americans are buying the drugs they sell then wonder how can this be? We've been to war with Mexico before and there's still resentment over how it turned out, not to mention all the other incidents that have happened over the years. Don't expect Mexicans to welcome the US military with open arms and gratitude; in fact, expect the opposite. Even if it mean a failed state, it's not like it hasn't been the case in the past-Pancho Villa is a hero (ETA to Mexicans, not myself).

What? Treviño was charged with avoiding arrest and paid a 700 dollar fine, then went back to Mexico and started a cartel. Keep in mind this dude wasn't even really living in America. He border hopped from time to time, illegally, to shop in America.

Are you suggesting that the CIA was prescient that this dude was going to become one of the biggest cartel leaders and only fined him to keep an eye on him?
How about they saw some potential in Treviño and some spook said "Hey, we can assist you in your business. Give me a call if you need some help."

Arkancide Pact

kiwifarms.net
The problem is that it's not just Mexico, but pretty much all of Central and South America, too. Even if you did take out the cartels, and set up a proper government in Mexico, you'd have to permanently station the actual US military down there, or else the cartels are just gonna swarm back up from Columbia, and shit, and take over again. And even then, you didn't actually solve the problem as the cartels are still functioning, and making life hell for everyone.

Taking out the Mexican cartels would simply be like just cutting the head off a vampire-pointless unless you commit to destroying the rest of the body. Something that takes a lot more effort, and bloodshed than I think most people realize.
Ok let's just disband the police and army then, new enemies and criminals Will just take the place of the old ones after all.
Why shower? You'll just get dirty again.

• Autistic
Reactions: Bunny Tracks

HeyYou

seriousposter
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
How about they saw some potential in Treviño and some spook said "Hey, we can assist you in your business. Give me a call if you need some help."
Sure, because the CIA and DEA had perfected their future seeing goggles at that point.

Eh, I'll give them a pass on this one. Americans deserve to know that nearly everyone in that family is fucked up and they're mooching our tax dollars while not even living in America. That said, bad fucking timing.

Last edited:

Pocket Dragoon

For one-tenth a soul, or a sexual favor.
kiwifarms.net
The cartels are assuming they're the only ones with don't-give-a-fuck levels of cash, and that Mormons/LDS are all meek cultist fags.

They're not the only ones who forget about the church militias & assassins, and the amount of killing they've done, up to the modern era. The Mormons learned how to be quiet about their dirt (easy, as the church is a state-in-being).

Fucking Mormons unsettle me more than Scientologists, and are as ruthless as Israelis when it comes to blood grudge kinds of shit.

Spooky Bones

True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
The cartels are assuming they're the only ones with don't-give-a-fuck levels of cash, and that Mormons/LDS are all meek cultist fags.

They're not the only ones who forget about the church militias & assassins, and the amount of killing they've done, up to the modern era. The Mormons learned how to be quiet about their dirt (easy, as the church is a state-in-being).

Fucking Mormons unsettle me more than Scientologists, and are as ruthless as Israelis when it comes to blood grudge kinds of shit.
Yeah, killing Mormons to Joe US Newsconsumer equates to doing a driveby on the 19year old "elders" that come a-knocking; we're probably more in the territory of Mountain Meadows Massacre. Mormons are hardcore and even if the LDS in Utah proper is relatively mellowed, FLDS branches are anything but. See also Blood atonement; wikipedia on Mormonism and violence (yes, Wikipedia is syphilitic but at least it's a jumping off point for further resarch)

Bunny Tracks

Nothing equals the splendor
kiwifarms.net
Ok let's just disband the police and army then, new enemies and criminals Will just take the place of the old ones after all.
Why shower? You'll just get dirty again.
When did I imply anything like that?

The point I was trying to make is that solving the cartel problem isn't as easy as just getting rid of the ones in Mexico, and that unless we're really thorough about it, it's not gonna be much different in the long run. It's not that we shouldn't do anything, we definitely should, but it's not gonna be anywhere as simple as some people think it's gonna be.

Of course we can't take out the all cartels. I'm not saying that. What I'm saying that taking out the Mexican ones is just the first step, and if we don't follow through with the rest of them, nothing is really gonna get fixed.

• Agree
Reactions: The Last Stand

Arkancide Pact

kiwifarms.net
When did I imply anything like that?

The point I was trying to make is that solving the cartel problem isn't as easy as just getting rid of the ones in Mexico, and that unless we're really thorough about it, it's not gonna be much different in the long run. It's not that we shouldn't do anything, we definitely should, but it's not gonna be anywhere as simple as some people think it's gonna be.

Of course we can't take out the all cartels. I'm not saying that. What I'm saying that taking out the Mexican ones is just the first step, and if we don't follow through with the rest of them, nothing is really gonna get fixed.
Sure it will. Thos dead cartel members stay dead. They can't murder anyone while dead.

Arkancide Pact

kiwifarms.net
Because it surely worked with the italian mafia, the war on drugs, vietnam, the middle east in general
Its not like theres a thing called power vacuum
So we invaded Italy to deal with the Italian mob? Or did we deal with the people we could, here in the us?

You do what you can. And no, killing the cartel doesn't create a power vacuum in the same way as wiping out a state.

Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino