• Yes

Votes: 186 94.4%
  • No

Votes: 11 5.6%

• Total voters

-4ZURE-

Kill Every Last One of Them!
kiwifarms.net
(Made this as a response to July 20th 2020 Direct)

With the advent of the Switch, I have seen a huge increase in the amount of spastic reactions given out by the Nintendo community. It seems as though the community is falling apart in the worst of ways. Either the Fanbase whines about everything and gets kinda hostile, or they completely boot lick. I thought I would put together a thread to discuss and archive the multiple breakdowns in the community, especially after Nintendo Directs. So much of Nintendo’s Fanbase is peak lol cow that I am surprised that there is not a thread about them already. This thread is the perfect place to unleash your grievances with the fanbase or archive their fits on Twitter and other social media.

As for why I made this, the recent direct has been a gold mine of seeing the worst of the fanbase. It is pretty much nonstop complaining and break downs over how Nintendo has no games. I especially love the ones that seem unaware that you could play a different console or older titles to pass time.

The recent direct had the only really big announcement be SMTV and a 3 remake. Because Nintendo has a portion of fans that cannot handle RPGs and Anime, they essentially had a fit because Nintendo did not cater to them exclusively. One of these people being Dreamcast Guy, who made a video 2mins longer than the direct where he acts defeated and is sad he has nothing to play because Nintendo only released Animal Crossing and Paper Mario so far (Guess he forgot Xenoblade). He then starts threatening to play PlayStation, which, why not? Variety is a good thing, you should try to reach out more if you have that console already. But of course, he likely will not actually leave as Nintendo is the only one he will play or PlayStation is not catering to him right now.

Honestly, I just find the fanbase to be a little insufferable a good chunk of the time. Most will not branch out at all to try other companies games or consoles, and seclude themselves in only Nintendo. It is even worse when they hate Anime games, meaning a good chunk like FE and Xenoblade are off the table. It feels like most hate the company now, but are so far in that they will not leave. It really just makes every presentation a chore as you know that unless it is BOTW2, Mario, or some obscure Nintendo franchise, the Fanbase will go ablaze.

-4ZURE-

kiwifarms.net
For reference, think of the reactions whenever Fire Emblem has made an appearance on a direct not dedicated to it (Smash or a regular direct).
You mean harassing Nintendo’s Twitter and starting war with fans over Smash Bros.. Then after that they get mad when FE fans like Byleth and post memes mocking them as they are being cruel and people are allowed to like/dislike things. Yeah okay, where was that mentality in the community when 3H was releasing? When FE fans get attack, the heads of the Smash community turn a blind eye, but when FE fans post “Hoes Mad” they are being disrespectful and ruining discussion.

So in short, Smash has tainted the Nintendo community completely.

rotollo

No Tomboy GF
kiwifarms.net
OP said:
Most will not branch out at all to try other companies games or consoles, and seclude themselves in only Nintendo. It is even worse when they hate Anime games, meaning a good chunk like FE and Xenoblade are off the table. It feels like most hate the company now, but are so far in that they will not leave. It really just makes every presentation a chore as you know that unless it is BOTW2, Mario, or some obscure Nintendo franchise, the Fanbase will go ablaze.
The bit block already has a thread OP, No but really I understand it's weird with Nintendofags they are either extreme pessimists or hyper CONSOOMMMERS that lick everything the big N shits out to justify their purchase. Like that's the issue with alot of these guys, they still hold Nintendo under a pedestal that no other company/series can compete with. The way I view things, it helps to keep your criticisms spread out across every company.
Hell I wasn't the biggest fan of this direct not because of anime or smash shit though, mostly because of giving stuff like that WWE game 1 min of showtime while japan got a more varied showing, the whole "series format" seems like a shit idea for leaving the biggest impact rather than just building it all up for one big 3rd party direct. but the way people are getting mad about it is still fascinating, it was more a wet fart than something to get prissy over.
Now I still think a big reason why Nintendo gets this shit is the leakers, they attach themselves for clout and when it blows up in their own faces people still listen to them. This is also the case with alot of nintendo youtubers. I guess with iconography also brings people who want to cash in

Canned Bread

Wow, they have it!
kiwifarms.net
I will shoot the next dipshit who says that Persona 5 needs to be ported to Switch because "Smash Bros made it popular".
You know, for people who worship a Japanese Gaming Company, stereotypical Nintendo Fanboys know surprisingly little about the Japanese Gaming Market.

Persona 5 was an immediate and massive hit in Japan when it was released. In fact, it did so well that not only did it become Atlas' quickest and best selling game in Japan, but its release actually caused sales of the PS4 to increase significantly in Japan. Even outside of Japan, the game sold pretty well, so I don't even know how they can claim that.

-4ZURE-

kiwifarms.net
The bit block already has a thread OP, No but really I understand it's weird with Nintendofags they are either extreme pessimists or hyper CONSOOMMMERS that lick everything the big N shits out to justify their purchase.
I know of TheBitBlock, the dude is a total pessimist and annoyingly so. Wish he would just move on to shoes already, he clearly likes them more. Other than that he just wallows in his own misery as he is unable to accept high quality games because of art styles, like he hated Odyssey because realistic humans.

The problem is that there is more than just him. He pretty much started an entire subsection of Nintendo fans dedicated to giving the GameCube a handjob as they are unable to move past it. I have also heard the same thing happens in retro communities like NES and SNES, where people will not accept anything past that point.

I've hated the fanbase since the Gamecube
The sad part is, the GC is not even that great. People hold it up to a pedestal but many of its games were pretty much one-uped by the Wii. Mario Sports and Kart were so much better. I would say that even Brawl was better, maybe even more so than Ultimate tbh.

The GC had its classics like Sunshine, but it is not deserving of the god status it now has.

You know, for people who worship a Japanese Gaming Company, stereotypical Nintendo Fanboys know surprisingly little about the Japanese Gaming Market.
I think people forget that the Smash community threw a fit when Joker was released because he was a dirty Sony Pony polluting the Nintendo fighting game, just like Snake and Cloud. A good chunk really only care about Nintendo, so it is no surprise.

Marissa Moira

kiwifarms.net
The sad part is, the GC is not even that great. People hold it up to a pedestal but many of its games were pretty much one-uped by the Wii. Mario Sports and Kart were so much better. I would say that even Brawl was better, maybe even more so than Ultimate tbh.
Mario kart Wii was ass. Mario kart 8 Deluxe was better than Double Dash but Mario kart 64 is still the example of perfection in the series.

You wanna know why MK64 was so good? The tracks were more open and gave you freedom. It had the most official and unoffical short cuts in the series and Battle mode is still the best with Block Fort.

Tags
None