• Yes

Votes: 186 94.4%
  • No

Votes: 11 5.6%

• Total voters

-4ZURE-

Kill Every Last One of Them!
kiwifarms.net
i think pre-covid there was some fanfare for a 3d world port to the switch bc of the Mario anniversary.
There still is, but it seems to be a lot of weird rumors and just fan wishes. I honestly hope it comes true and that they treat it like MK8D and give it new content. The idea of playable Yoshi or Daisy is something I want. The current climate just does not get my hopes up. Until 35th Mario happens, I will stay skeptical.

Nintendo does realize that they can easily bloat up their eshop with HD ports or w/e of games from the 3ds/wii u/DS/etc. and it'd still sell like hotcakes? Just imagine a port of the 3ds samus returns game on the switch. It's probably sell well.
I would say this is a good idea, but Nintendo fans whine every single time a port comes, so what do I know. I would love to get more older titles on Switch as I have found some true gems. Catherine, CTR, Rayman Legends, Xenoblade Chronicles, all were Switch experiences to me, but many will not take to them as they are old games, we want new games!

I think Nintendo’s Fanbase just wants them to die.

Oh yeah, I agree they fucked that up. I don't know what they were thinking. I thought the regular courses had some of the best design in the series and made up for it.
They clearly rushed the game out as Wii U lacked titles.

Czargon the Red

kiwifarms.net
There still is, but it seems to be a lot of weird rumors and just fan wishes. I honestly hope it comes true and that they treat it like MK8D and give it new content. The idea of playable Yoshi or Daisy is something I want. The current climate just does not get my hopes up. Until 35th Mario happens, I will stay skeptical.

I would say this is a good idea, but Nintendo fans whine every single time a port comes, so what do I know. I would love to get more older titles on Switch as I have found some true gems. Catherine, CTR, Rayman Legends, Xenoblade Chronicles, all were Switch experiences to me, but many will not take to them as they are old games, we want new games!

I think Nintendo’s Fanbase just wants them to die.

They clearly rushed the game out as Wii U lacked titles.
Nintendo spergs should suck it up for once and let the Switch float its damn wings. Despite Covid lockdowns and quarantines fucking things up, Nintendo seems to have had a release every month since this shit began in march. What more could you ask for?

I mean jfc the Switch is pretty much the first hybrid system to my knowledge and it works damn well. The only major third party franchises asfaik that is commonly associated with Nintendo that doesn't have a new game or a definitive edition for the switch are Final Fantasy and Etrian Odyssey.

I still can't get over smash spergs whining about Terry. He's a totally unique character from a historically relevant series and developer that has a special place in Sakurai's heart. What's there to not enjoy about him?

CrippleThreat

At least my third leg is still working.
kiwifarms.net
He's a totally unique character from a historically relevant series and developer that has a special place in Sakurai's heart. What's there to not enjoy about him?
I've seen some silly things; complaints about another blond fighter was one I remember as folks actually thought Terry was Ken 2.

And there was always the "my commonly desired or obscure pick didn't get in, thus wasted slot" whining.

Honestly, Smash is just cathartic fun after a hard day. What's there about the game to be mad about?

Reactions: Martys_not_smarty

Czargon the Red

kiwifarms.net
I've seen some silly things; complaints about another blond fighter was one I remember as folks actually thought Terry was Ken 2.

And there was always the "my commonly desired or obscure pick didn't get in, thus wasted slot" whining.

Honestly, Smash is just cathartic fun after a hard day. What's there about the game to be mad about?
no Geno

Never Scored

kiwifarms.net

Lack of trans and POC characters.

• Horrifying
Reactions: Peru oso donas

-4ZURE-

kiwifarms.net
Nintendo spergs should suck it up for once and let the Switch float its damn wings. Despite Covid lockdowns and quarantines fucking things up, Nintendo seems to have had a release every month since this shit began in march. What more could you ask for?
Ever since 2017 ended, the community feels the need to lose it over everything. I think it is just a lack of variety for them. Most will not give anime games even a chance or really anything not bing-bang wahoo. They live for Mario, Zelda, and Smash exclusively, then throw a fit about not getting a new entry in those three series every month, not counting the fact they hate most entries as it is not classic enough.

There is also stuff like the Persona 5 whiners who will inevitably try to take away traction from Catherine and SMT because it is not their high school simulator.

I mean jfc the Switch is pretty much the first hybrid system to my knowledge and it works damn well. The only major third party franchises asfaik that is commonly associated with Nintendo that doesn't have a new game or a definitive edition for the switch are Final Fantasy and Etrian Odyssey.
We did get FF7 though. The truth is, most consoles nowadays are getting nothing but remakes and ports, Nintendo is no different but everyone has to hold them to some higher pedestal. Seriously, I cannot recall a single new game that was interesting for PS4 till 2015’s Batman. It only really seemed to pick up after P5 in late 2016 as stuff like Neir and God of War came.

I still can't get over smash spergs whining about Terry. He's a totally unique character from a historically relevant series and developer that has a special place in Sakurai's heart. What's there to not enjoy about him?
I thought they all liked him now? Just disregard Smash fans, other than Banjo, they have not been happy with a single character pick since K Rool. They find reason to whine about every character because their standards are far beyond reasonable and they keep changing them. I remember Joker being hated because he was a Sony exclusive and Smash fans say the game is only for Nintendo icons, but now they want 2b, Sora, and other loosely if at all Nintendo icons. Now if they do not get Master Chief it is a crime.

The issue with Smash is pretty obvious. The community is super bloated with different demographics. We have the NES crew who only want classic reps, so they pull the deserving card. Same goes for the GC generation who will claim Banjo more important than Dragon Quest or Persona because they are new, Banjo classic, Banjo deserving. They pulled this with Minecraft a lot, even though MC is way more popular, relevant, and did more for gaming as a whole, Steve is new and thus is bad and just a fad character. A fad character that has lasted ten years, but who is counting?

Then you have new gamers who were never exposed to classic franchises like King of Fighters. Add in Nintendo purists who hate 3rd party, anime haters that hate FE and Xenoblade, and just a whole host of other terrible requirements and the community is toxic. This game should be about bringing together generations of old and new icons, but many cannot seem to grasp that we should have both.

rotollo

No Tomboy GF
kiwifarms.net

To be fair considering terry has better air mobility than the classic Sojos and incorporates a special meter i can see how a casual player could see him being "Cooler Ken" when it comes to smash at least
The truth is, most consoles nowadays are getting nothing but remakes and ports, Nintendo is no different but everyone has to hold them to some higher pedestal.
Nintendo is weird in that most times they often front load their modern consoles, put filler games in the middle like say amiibo festival with occasional big hitters, and then close with a big hitter or two, which is different from most other consoles which usually take a while to get started. This is a blessing and a curse since starting with a one two like say zelda and odyssey helped keep the switch's install base high, if there's a stall in the plan (like whatever the fuck happened with prime 4 or Tokyo Mirage Sessions for example).
Hell considering that XB: DE has a good shot at being up their for my games this year, which I think says more about how much of a shit show 2020 has been for gaming that a remake of a game from 2010 has a good shot at being that, I don't necessarily have a problem with remakes but Nintendo's output post animal crossing until 2021 does feel like "filler games" if that makes sense.
that being said I do wish they got more experimental funding some middle ware productions like they did with platinum's large amount of titles and hell one of the most memorable games I played one switch was one of those, would probably lesson the load on in house studios. But I think they are deathly afraid of another "devils third" happening again.

Last edited:
Reactions: Judge Dredd

-4ZURE-

kiwifarms.net
that being said I do wish they got more experimental funding some middle ware productions like they did with platinum's large amount of titles and hell one of the most memorable games I played one switch was one of those, would probably lesson the load on in house studios. But I think they are deathly afraid of another "devils third" happening again.
The thing is, they do. Many of the Switch’s titles were not necessarily in-house. Intelligent Systems did FE3H and Paper Mario, Monolith did two Xenoblades, Platinum has done Astral Chain and soon Bayonetta 3, and Next-Level did Luigi’s Mansion 3. Not to mention the 3rd party help with Namco-Bandai doing Smash, SEGA doing the Mario + Sonic game, Ubisoft doing Mario + Rabbids, Koie Techmo doing Fire Emblem Warriors, and Square Enix giving them Octopath Traveller 1 & 2. Then of course Atlus giving them SMTV.
They have a lot that is outside the in-house studio, it is just that game development takes time and most are still transitioning to HD. I am not sure what type of experimental productions Nintendo really needs to do? They seem to fund Platinum fairly well along with their 3rd party friends and even some indies going by Cadence of Hyrule.

I think the issue is just time and some mismanagement. Retro is a fantastic developer, but it seems that they have been in financial and management trouble since DKCTF, so Metroid will sort of be a new start. I am sure Ubisoft is working on a Rabbids sequel, but with Covid and it only being 2 years since the DLC was made, I am sure we will have to wait another year. Next-Level, IS, Monolith, and Platinum all had games last year or this year so I give it two or so years before they have anything else. Koie Techmo would be great for a new game now, but it seems they have been preoccupied with P5 to make a FEW2 or HW2, or take a new Nintendo franchise.

Nintendo is weird in that most times they often front load their modern consoles, put filler games in the middle like say amiibo festival with occasional big hitters, and then close with a big hitter or two, which is different from most other consoles which usually take a while to get started. This is a blessing and a curse since starting with a one two like say zelda and odyssey helped keep the switch's install base high, if there's a stall in the plan (like whatever the fuck happened with prime 4 or Tokyo Mirage Sessions for example).
Honestly, I am fine with this. 2017 kept me happy with my system, so I never really feel like I need a new game right this second unlike some fans. I get the frustration, but atleast the big hitters are some of Nintendo’s best.

Czargon the Red

kiwifarms.net
Ever since 2017 ended, the community feels the need to lose it over everything. I think it is just a lack of variety for them. Most will not give anime games even a chance or really anything not bing-bang wahoo. They live for Mario, Zelda, and Smash exclusively, then throw a fit about not getting a new entry in those three series every month, not counting the fact they hate most entries as it is not classic enough.

There is also stuff like the Persona 5 whiners who will inevitably try to take away traction from Catherine and SMT because it is not their high school simulator.

We did get FF7 though. The truth is, most consoles nowadays are getting nothing but remakes and ports, Nintendo is no different but everyone has to hold them to some higher pedestal. Seriously, I cannot recall a single new game that was interesting for PS4 till 2015’s Batman. It only really seemed to pick up after P5 in late 2016 as stuff like Neir and God of War came.

I thought they all liked him now? Just disregard Smash fans, other than Banjo, they have not been happy with a single character pick since K Rool. They find reason to whine about every character because their standards are far beyond reasonable and they keep changing them. I remember Joker being hated because he was a Sony exclusive and Smash fans say the game is only for Nintendo icons, but now they want 2b, Sora, and other loosely if at all Nintendo icons. Now if they do not get Master Chief it is a crime.

The issue with Smash is pretty obvious. The community is super bloated with different demographics. We have the NES crew who only want classic reps, so they pull the deserving card. Same goes for the GC generation who will claim Banjo more important than Dragon Quest or Persona because they are new, Banjo classic, Banjo deserving. They pulled this with Minecraft a lot, even though MC is way more popular, relevant, and did more for gaming as a whole, Steve is new and thus is bad and just a fad character. A fad character that has lasted ten years, but who is counting?

Then you have new gamers who were never exposed to classic franchises like King of Fighters. Add in Nintendo purists who hate 3rd party, anime haters that hate FE and Xenoblade, and just a whole host of other terrible requirements and the community is toxic. This game should be about bringing together generations of old and new icons, but many cannot seem to grasp that we should have both.
It's hilarious because if you speak to one of these autists, they can't form a coherent thought.

The thing is, they do. Many of the Switch’s titles were not necessarily in-house. Intelligent Systems did FE3H and Paper Mario, Monolith did two Xenoblades, Platinum has done Astral Chain and soon Bayonetta 3, and Next-Level did Luigi’s Mansion 3. Not to mention the 3rd party help with Namco-Bandai doing Smash, SEGA doing the Mario + Sonic game, Ubisoft doing Mario + Rabbids, Koie Techmo doing Fire Emblem Warriors, and Square Enix giving them Octopath Traveller 1 & 2. Then of course Atlus giving them SMTV.
They have a lot that is outside the in-house studio, it is just that game development takes time and most are still transitioning to HD. I am not sure what type of experimental productions Nintendo really needs to do? They seem to fund Platinum fairly well along with their 3rd party friends and even some indies going by Cadence of Hyrule.

I think the issue is just time and some mismanagement. Retro is a fantastic developer, but it seems that they have been in financial and management trouble since DKCTF, so Metroid will sort of be a new start. I am sure Ubisoft is working on a Rabbids sequel, but with Covid and it only being 2 years since the DLC was made, I am sure we will have to wait another year. Next-Level, IS, Monolith, and Platinum all had games last year or this year so I give it two or so years before they have anything else. Koie Techmo would be great for a new game now, but it seems they have been preoccupied with P5 to make a FEW2 or HW2, or take a new Nintendo franchise.

Honestly, I am fine with this. 2017 kept me happy with my system, so I never really feel like I need a new game right this second unlike some fans. I get the frustration, but atleast the big hitters are some of Nintendo’s best.
Don't forget, FE3H's writing was also passed along to Koei Tecmo.

Let's not forget that Nintendo fans sperg about a lot of things, but when Sakurai showed up in social media/news as being overworked and sick because of Smash development, and still wanting to work, these autist fans still got entitled over it.

-4ZURE-

kiwifarms.net
Don't forget, FE3H's writing was also passed along to Koei Tecmo.
Was the writing passed onto them? I know they helped in development, but I thought it was just models, which make sense as they were the only “good” looking part of 3H. (You can clearly see pixels on a lot of uniforms though)

Let's not forget that Nintendo fans sperg about a lot of things, but when Sakurai showed up in social media/news as being overworked and sick because of Smash development, and still wanting to work, these autist fans still got entitled over it.
Do they now? Sakurai is about the only one they seem nice to. They constantly spout off about how he should go on vacation and such. I think I have only seen one go off on him about it and that was JebTube, who said he just wants pity and is not truly doing what the fans want.

The thing is, it was JebTube, who seems against the popular opinion. He was basically mad throughout the entire video because Sakurai did not put in Rex and Pyra, but he did find time for Byleth. He also went on a rant about how Piranha Plant ruins the sanctity of Smash and was just put in to make Nintendo fans mad, as if Jigglypuff was really any better than plant boy. He then follows it up by being angry at “Hoes Mad” people for killing Smash discussion as if Smash fans do absolutely nothing wrong to Fire Emblem and Dragon Quest fans to elicit such a response. Basically the definition of angry entitled Smash fan, and has an audience much the same.

Ultimate is definitely a lesser entry in the franchise and is pretty much riding on nostalgia, and I do sometimes think Sakurai pushes it, but the entitlement of some fans is absurd. At this point, I just feel like leaving Smash behind, I hate both sides on the good/bad argument as no one can compose themselves well in either. It is either everything is perfect or the usual “my character did not get in and I am angry because Fire Emblem bad, Piranha Plant bad, Sakurai no listen to fans.”

whatever I feel like

Flu Friendly Furby
kiwifarms.net
I don't know how you say Ultimate is a lesser entry, every game brings something good. 64 started it, Melee was fully realized, Brawl had SSM, 4 was balanced (until Bayonetta released and never got properly patched) and Ultimate had everyone and all stages bar Mute City (my favorite, rip). Nintendo will be hard pressed to move forward from here though.

• Agree
Reactions: rotollo

Czargon the Red

kiwifarms.net
Was the writing passed onto them? I know they helped in development, but I thought it was just models, which make sense as they were the only “good” looking part of 3H. (You can clearly see pixels on a lot of uniforms though)

Do they now? Sakurai is about the only one they seem nice to. They constantly spout off about how he should go on vacation and such. I think I have only seen one go off on him about it and that was JebTube, who said he just wants pity and is not truly doing what the fans want.

The thing is, it was JebTube, who seems against the popular opinion. He was basically mad throughout the entire video because Sakurai did not put in Rex and Pyra, but he did find time for Byleth. He also went on a rant about how Piranha Plant ruins the sanctity of Smash and was just put in to make Nintendo fans mad, as if Jigglypuff was really any better than plant boy. He then follows it up by being angry at “Hoes Mad” people for killing Smash discussion as if Smash fans do absolutely nothing wrong to Fire Emblem and Dragon Quest fans to elicit such a response. Basically the definition of angry entitled Smash fan, and has an audience much the same.

Ultimate is definitely a lesser entry in the franchise and is pretty much riding on nostalgia, and I do sometimes think Sakurai pushes it, but the entitlement of some fans is absurd. At this point, I just feel like leaving Smash behind, I hate both sides on the good/bad argument as no one can compose themselves well in either. It is either everything is perfect or the usual “my character did not get in and I am angry because Fire Emblem bad, Piranha Plant bad, Sakurai no listen to fans.”
Apparently, KT handled a bulk of the writing for 3H.

"The game's scenario was written by Koei Tecmo's Yuki Ikeno, Ryohei Hayashi and Mari Okamoto. All three previously worked on the scenario for Warriors and were brought onto the development of Three Houses to help assist Intelligent Systems in writing the social segments of the game.[13][14] The narrative was written in the vein of a dark fantasy, with the mature aspects of the narrative showing through the conflict between the three factions.[9] Voice recording took three months; Kusakihara estimated the amount of voice acting for the Japanese version as five times that of Fire Emblem Echoes.[13] Two key parts of the game, the school sections and a time skip late in the story, were directly inspired by the 1996 entry Fire Emblem: Genealogy of the Holy War; the narrative in Three Houses of characters who were friends in their youth coming into conflict during their older years was almost directly lifted from Genealogy of the Holy War.[12] Kusakihara also admitted influence from the Chinese novel Romance of the Three Kingdoms and Koei Tecmo's adaptation of it in the Dynasty Warriors game series; this came about after Intelligent Systems looked at the narrative and world designs used by the Kou Shibusawa unit.[11][10] The game's native subtitle, a chengyu representing the seasons, was chosen to represent the narrative's four paths. As it translated awkwardly, it was replaced by the title Three Houses in English.[11]

While Intelligent Systems staff handled the weapon and world design, freelance illustrators were brought in for other parts.[10] The team wanted a new artistic image for the series.[13] Character designs and illustrations were handled by Chinatsu Kurahara, known for Uta no Prince-sama and Tokyo Twilight Ghost Hunters and who was the main character designer of the game. Kazuma Koda, who had worked on both Bayonetta 2 and Nier: Automata as a concept artist, was contracted to provide concept art for the game.[10] Kurahara was in talks with Intelligent Systems prior to development, and the final decision was made as Kusakihara felt she could best illustrate the "glamorous, aristocratic society" portrayed in the game. Her influence was particularly noted in the hairstyles of characters, which differed from those seen in earlier Fire Emblem leads.[13] The anime cutscenes were directed by Takashi Sano and produced by Sanzigen, noted for their cel-shaded 3D CGI animation.[15][16] The music was co-composed by Takeru Kanazaki,[13] Hiroki Morishita[16] and Awakening composer Rei Kondoh.[17]

In an interview with Kusakihara and Yokota, Three Houses in its released form would have been difficult or impossible to make without Koei Tecmo's help. The directors particularly cited Koei Tecmo's experience developing large-scale battles for their Dynasty Warriors franchise. This experience allowed large numbers of characters to be shown on screen in battles for the first time in the series. While Koei Tecmo helped with much of the technical and programming side, Intelligent Systems still took the lead on design and other core aspects of development.[10] The new school setting allowed the team to considerably expand the series' RPG mechanics beyond the typical tactical battles which had dominated the series up to that point.[12] The social aspects went through multiple unsatisfactory builds before some team members suggested a calendar system and ability points. This version finally satisfied the team.[13]"

• Informative
Reactions: Hans and -4ZURE-

-4ZURE-

kiwifarms.net
I don't know how you say Ultimate is a lesser entry, every game brings something good. 64 started it, Melee was fully realized, Brawl had SSM, 4 was balanced (until Bayonetta released and never got properly patched) and Ultimate had everyone and all stages bar Mute City (my favorite, rip). Nintendo will be hard pressed to move forward from here though.
I find it to be lesser as much of the side activity and personality just feels gone and has left since Smash 4. Stuff like Adventure Mode and Subspace really added something to Smash and to have that all stripped away for vanilla Smash feels less than stellar. Ultimate really lacks much new content outside of DLC, it is just all returning material, most of which was left behind for a reason. While I appreciate fan favorites joining and returning, the game as a whole just lacks identity outside of Everything is here to me. Maybe that is enough for you, but I kinda want a new direction. For what it is though, a celebration of the games in an Infinity War styles manner, it is perfect.

Zeke Von Genbu

Behold my Blade PANDORIA
kiwifarms.net
I find it to be lesser as much of the side activity and personality just feels gone and has left since Smash 4. Stuff like Adventure Mode and Subspace really added something to Smash and to have that all stripped away for vanilla Smash feels less than stellar. Ultimate really lacks much new content outside of DLC, it is just all returning material, most of which was left behind for a reason. While I appreciate fan favorites joining and returning, the game as a whole just lacks identity outside of Everything is here to me. Maybe that is enough for you, but I kinda want a new direction. For what it is though, a celebration of the games in an Infinity War styles manner, it is perfect.
Subspace was awful tbh I could do without it. Especially the fucking maze at the end, that shit can die in a fire. Subspace is cool for a couple hours, but you just stop giving a shit because the way it works with smash's "off stage = death" mechanics becomes really wonky especially with higher difficulties. I unironically liked Smash run from the 3DS version of Smash 4, it was quick, simple, and chaotic zany nonsense which is the most fun I ever had playing Smash as a pure casual game. It reminded me of Kirby Air Ride's city trial mode which I'm pretty sure was the point.

Subspace felt more like it was trying to be a real story mode, but the questionable plot and story telling style due to low dialogue it doesn't feel the same as Smash run even if they arguably are very similar gameplay wise. Plus I got to play whoever I wanted in Smash Run, or max out on speed on someone like Sonic and run at a million miles an hour. Adventure mode from melee was okay, I liked it when I was a kid, but it felt too repetitive once you've done it on every character. Break the targets lost its flavor after melee so unless we're bringing that version of break the targets I don't really see the point.

If I want anything to return to Ultimate it is Smash Run. Spirit battles are also okay, especially when I actually understand the references they're making they tend to make me smile.

-4ZURE-

kiwifarms.net
I unironically liked Smash run from the 3DS version of Smash 4, it was quick, simple, and chaotic zany nonsense which is the most fun I ever had playing Smash as a pure casual game. It reminded me of Kirby Air Ride's city trial mode which I'm pretty sure was the point.
Smash Run not being expanded on was a crime. They could have done so much, but they choose to move away from it instead.

Subspace felt more like it was trying to be a real story mode, but the questionable plot and story telling style due to low dialogue it doesn't feel the same as Smash run even if they arguably are very similar gameplay wise.
The thing with Subspace and Adventure Mode is that combined, they probably could be super interesting. Subspace was wrong in not using Nintendo worlds and Adventure Mode lacked the cutscenes were we actually get to see interactions in a crossover game. I love having a platformer of sorts in Smash, it just added a nice amount of replay value and played up one of the core natures. It sucks that Sakurai just gave up because the internet posted stuff. It was like they had the perfect side mode that they made increasingly better with each entry, then, nothing. Here is a board game, and now it is just Smash battles.

I also hate the removal of trophies. The little descriptions were a delight and informed players of series they likely never heard of. It sucks that all that is gone for pngs that just say the series. Even stickers from Brawl were more informative as at least it told you the specific game the image was from.

I get that most play Smash for the Smash part, but I feel that Smash is the ultimate crossover, but Brawl feels like the last time that was really the case. That game had so much in terms of Nintendo history and showing the characters in action. I miss the Master pieces, the trophies, the chronicle, etc.. The absence of so much makes the new games feel cheaper and rushed, instead of the big event of the console.

Spirit battles are also okay, especially when I actually understand the references they're making they tend to make me smile.
Spirit battles do not do it for me. They seem quickly slapped together for the purpose of having a side mode. While some are thoughtful, a grand bulk feel like one change to a regular battle and not much else.

Last edited:

whatever I feel like

Flu Friendly Furby
kiwifarms.net
I really do miss trophies but lets not pretend that World of Light (?) and spirits are nothing. I think they add more than Smash Run did for instance. And they were far better than whatever the 4 Wii U thing was.

• Feels
Reactions: rotollo

-4ZURE-

kiwifarms.net
I really do miss trophies but lets not pretend that World of Light (?) and spirits are nothing. I think they add more than Smash Run did for instance. And they were far better than whatever the 4 Wii U thing was.
Spirits are pretty much just the upgraded version of stickers from Brawl. Brawl’s stickers were used for stats and to get items in certain areas of the game.

World of Light is just an okay mode to me. It is basically just spirit battles, but the map puzzles can be a little bit of fun and the bosses are great.

The problem is, Brawl already did a really good story mode and was, for most, the better of the two. World of Light just felt quickly stitched together, likely because of timing constraints. It just lacks the replay ability of Smash Run or Subspace as it is just a long slog of easy fights, or excruciatingly difficult matches that are downright unfair at times.

• Agree
Reactions: Billfreely

UntimelyDhelmise

Galar Purge Survivor
kiwifarms.net
I'm kinda just sitting here like, is Nintendo actually going to do something for the rest of this year? In terms of big name in-house titles that isn't port #512 or a minigame collection there's been New Horizons and Origami King, that's it. And as it stands now we have no word on what the hell they're doing for the foreseeable future. It feels like that scene in TLJ. "Tell us that there's a plan!"

What's funny to me though, is that the rabid fanbase seems to be split between whining about no reveals (though given the above statement it's at least a tad justified for once), and the counters of "muh pandemic" as to why they've been dragging their feet through the majority of 2020, despite the fact that everyone else seems to be getting announcements and reveals out the door at a reasonable rate even with the circumstances. Yet Nintendo seems to be able to get away with that dried up excuse because, reasons.

Tags
None