• Yes

Votes: 203 94.0%
  • No

Votes: 13 6.0%

• Total voters

-4ZURE-

Kill Every Last One of Them!
kiwifarms.net
I'm kinda just sitting here like, is Nintendo actually going to do something for the rest of this year? In terms of big name in-house titles that isn't port #512 or a minigame collection there's been New Horizons and Origami King, that's it.
I mean, Xenoblade Chronicles Definitive Edition was a remake not a port, so I would count it as one of the big in-house titles.

"Tell us that there's a plan!"
They have had two directs so far. You can talk poorly of the content perhaps, but we do know of titles like SMTV and Nocturne coming to Switch.

What's funny to me though, is that the rabid fanbase seems to be split between whining about no reveals (though given the above statement it's at least a tad justified for once), and the counters of "muh pandemic" as to why they've been dragging their feet through the majority of 2020, despite the fact that everyone else seems to be getting announcements and reveals out the door at a reasonable rate even with the circumstances. Yet Nintendo seems to be able to get away with that dried up excuse because, reasons.
In all seriousness, and not to sound like a shill, Nintendo is in a very different situation when compared to the competitors. I think it is a little unfair to come at them as such. Both XBOX and PlayStation have spent the past few years preparing for 2020 as this is their consoles’ launch year. Nintendo is mid-way through theirs and most of their big titles have already happened. Their studios are likely still working on new games or are just finishing up. Next-Level, Intelligent Systems, Monolith, The Smash team, Gamefreak, Good Feel, and the Splatoon/Animal Crossing team all had new titles this year or the previous and are either just done or continuing to add. We can likely also count the Zelda team, Odyssey team, Retro Studios, and Bayonetta 3 team out as those games seem way to early to present. I think we are just at that middle point in the console where we are not going to be getting much. I guess that is what we get for having a banger 2017 and a fairly decent 2019.

I am also guessing that Nintendo is holding off a direct due to the Microsoft and Sony presentations. They clearly cannot outmatch due to the previously stated, so they should probably let the hype die down. At best I think we will get a direct with a few new titles. I am expecting a new Smash character reveal, possibly some Mario stuff like the 35th anniversary and 3D World port, and maybe a new HAL title as Kirby seems to work on a 2-3 year schedule. Only problem is that the new Kirby is said to be different, so it may take more development time. A new ARMS or Mario Kart maybe possible as the development team also works on a 3 year schedule.

I am guessing that the virus slowed down 3rd party Smash reveals, so our character may be an uneventful first party like Rex and Pyra or god forbid a new Pokemon.

• Horrifying
Reactions: rotollo

rotollo

TFW No Tomboy GF
kiwifarms.net
The thing is, they do. Many of the Switch’s titles were not necessarily in-house. Intelligent Systems did FE3H and Paper Mario, Monolith did two Xenoblades, Platinum has done Astral Chain and soon Bayonetta 3, and Next-Level did Luigi’s Mansion 3. Not to mention the 3rd party help with Namco-Bandai doing Smash, SEGA doing the Mario + Sonic game, Ubisoft doing Mario + Rabbids, Koie Techmo doing Fire Emblem Warriors, and Square Enix giving them Octopath Traveller 1 & 2. Then of course Atlus giving them SMTV.
Just to be more specific here I mean funding new IPs and just outside of the box games in general, which of course they seem to be doing decently with games like Octopath (also by 2 I assume you mean Bravely Default 2, which also abit hyped for), SMT of course, even for as much as the game is too big brained for me I still appreciate what they did for W101 to make it happen, hell they even seem to be giving smaller scale devs a chance when they helped fund Suda's No More Heroes games and with Swery's Deadly Premonition 2. I kinda just like that side of nintendo.
not to shit on when they contract outside studios to make games within their own IP, but I like it when they get a more "unconventional"dev like Suda because the fact of the matter is the reason why smaller games go exclusive even for a time is otherwise they wouldn't get the funding upfront without it. Guess part of that is just me being abit pretentious when it comes to the games I like lol.
I also hate the removal of trophies. The little descriptions were a delight and informed players of series they likely never heard of. It sucks that all that is gone for pngs that just say the series. Even stickers from Brawl were more informative as at least it told you the specific game the image was from.
I can understand when spirits were first revealed I felt similar in some ways but I dont think that aspect of discovery is lost necessarily, because even with spirits I found some games that got grabbed my interest (disaster: day of crisis and Hotel Dusk to name ones on the top of my head). But I can get how if a series has been dead for a while and the only source for models is in smash it can be infuriating to have that aspect be dead and buried.
I get that most play Smash for the Smash part, but I feel that Smash is the ultimate crossover, but Brawl feels like the last time that was really the case. That game had so much in terms of Nintendo history and showing the characters in action. I miss the Master pieces, the trophies, the chronicle, etc.. The absence of so much makes the new games feel cheaper and rushed, instead of the big event of the console.
Master pieces were fine for the time but the problem you run into is as smash gets further away from being just a "Nintendo Crossover" and into being a "video game crossover" is that alot of them just won't have their most iconic entries be there for a player to test out. plus Some games they tried to put in there just simply put didn't work for the format (earthbounds weird demo that starts you in the opening area comes to mind).
The chronicle suffers from this 10 fold as even in brawl we already had the fact they couldn't even reference what consoles MGS2 came out on, so as you get increasingly into that third party pool their additions to it would just feel off IMO
I'm not saying that there isn't room for improvement in that regard, like I do agree I wish spirits had descriptions or something but there's enough there to find some new games if you search out enough, as hard as it can be at times.
god forbid a new Pokemon.
AKA the reason I'm holding out on getting FP 2, Byleth was fine considering the rest of the pack's high quality but a New Pokemon would jettison pretty much all my interest in FP2
I'm kinda just sitting here like, is Nintendo actually going to do something for the rest of this year? In terms of big name in-house titles that isn't port #512 or a minigame collection there's been New Horizons and Origami King, that's it. And as it stands now we have no word on what the hell they're doing for the foreseeable future. It feels like that scene in TLJ. "Tell us that there's a plan!"
I think their plan at first was probably to try to get MP4 out this year back when it was going with that weird funky studio hybrid development cycle and they just never adjusted it after the move to retro studios
and while I can agree that nintendo has had less announcements 2020 in general has been a reduction of scope for many games and ever since Doom, New Horizons, and FF7 R came out the entire AAA industry has shit the bed when it comes to game releases, its just with stuff like orgami king shows, Nintendo isn't afraid of waiting a month or two before release to show a game off. Now whether that is due to being unsure of possible delays due to Covid or just uncertainty in product is neither here nor there, but the one thing I will give NU-tendo is they tend to be pretty good at not baiting a game to be at E3 every year like what happened to Spider-Man PS4 just to name an example.
What's funny to me though, is that the rabid fanbase seems to be split between whining about no reveals (though given the above statement it's at least a tad justified for once), and the counters of "muh pandemic" as to why they've been dragging their feet through the majority of 2020, despite the fact that everyone else seems to be getting announcements and reveals out the door at a reasonable rate even with the circumstances. Yet Nintendo seems to be able to get away with that dried up excuse because, reasons.
The weird thing to about the fan base doing this on both sides is it seems to imply they don't have a backlog of games at all left unfinished, because on one hand a good thing about droughts like this is it allows people to catch up or just play obscure shit they wouldn't try otherwise. On the other however for the Switch Defense Force it feels like them trying to defend their 300 dollar purchase when they get a stick up their ass about people asking "where the video games", probably because for alot of these kids the switch was their first console

Reactions: Judge Dredd

Judge Dredd

Senior Layout Artist
kiwifarms.net
there could be another division as the Wii U is gaining that DreamCast status as some great console of its time that was overlooked.
Really?

I don't see how they're in any way comparable. The Dreamcast, while often overhyped, had lots of great games. Zombie Revenge, 18 Wheeler, Soul Calibur, Power Stone, Resident Evil Code Veronica, Phantasy Star Online, Jet Set Radio, Shenmue, Metropolis Street Racer, Blue Stinger, and that's before you get into niche stuff like Skies of Arcadia, Space Channel 5, Ferrari 355 Challenge, or Toy Commander. The Dreamcast was a good console killed by things outside of the consoles quality and game library.

The WiiU has, what? A bad port of Batman: Arkham City, and ZombiU? Most of the WiiU games people remember fondly are first party Nintendo sequels which, okay, that's fine if you're into that, but it seems more Saturn than Dreamcast to me.

Nintendo is weird in that most times they often front load their modern consoles, put filler games in the middle like say amiibo festival with occasional big hitters, and then close with a big hitter or two, which is different from most other consoles which usually take a while to get started. This is a blessing and a curse since starting with a one two like say zelda and odyssey helped keep the switch's install base high, if there's a stall in the plan (like whatever the fuck happened with prime 4 or Tokyo Mirage Sessions for example).
It also creates a problem of trust. The Wii, and to a lesser extent the 3DS, felt like they were abandoned after a time. Decent launches, followed by a drought, followed by a trickle of third party games or dubious quality, until it's time to hype the next console when you see all the Nintendo heavy hitters again.

I own a Vita, and bought it after Sony abandoned it. It felt like it was kept alive through third party weeb games.

man Astral Chain isn't going to get traction outside of being a cult classic type thing unless one of the characters gets in Smash huh.
And when it does, you can bet games journalists will tear it apart while screaming ACAB.

Off topic, but how is Astral Chain? I thought it looked good, but then it released and disappeared like a fart in a hurricane.

rotollo

TFW No Tomboy GF
kiwifarms.net
I don't see how they're in any way comparable. The Dreamcast, while often overhyped, had lots of great games. Zombie Revenge, 18 Wheeler, Soul Calibur, Power Stone, Resident Evil Code Veronica, Phantasy Star Online, Jet Set Radio, Shenmue, Metropolis Street Racer, Blue Stinger, and that's before you get into niche stuff like Skies of Arcadia, Space Channel 5, Ferrari 355 Challenge, or Toy Commander. The Dreamcast was a good console killed by things outside of the consoles quality and game library.

The WiiU has, what? A bad port of Batman: Arkham City, and ZombiU? Most of the WiiU games people remember fondly are first party Nintendo sequels which, okay, that's fine if you're into that, but it seems more Saturn than Dreamcast to me.
They have one thing in common, which is if you jail break the enjoyment of both consoles go up immensely

Czargon the Red

kiwifarms.net
Really?

It also creates a problem of trust. The Wii, and to a lesser extent the 3DS, felt like they were abandoned after a time. Decent launches, followed by a drought, followed by a trickle of third party games or dubious quality, until it's time to hype the next console when you see all the Nintendo heavy hitters again.

I own a Vita, and bought it after Sony abandoned it. It felt like it was kept alive through third party weeb games.

And when it does, you can bet games journalists will tear it apart while screaming ACAB.

Off topic, but how is Astral Chain? I thought it looked good, but then it released and disappeared like a fart in a hurricane.
It's a solid game, albeit short-ish. I don't own it yet, but everyone I know that's played it enjoys the game.

People be screaming ACAB reeeeee over Astral Chain would tend to forget that like 1/4th of the smash roster is made of authority figures of varying sorts.

Itu aru kamusu tugeza

prease undastando geimu deveropmento isu beri hado
kiwifarms.net
Really?

It’s a lot more grounded and action-RPG oriented than most of Platinum’s other fare. Think NieR Automata but just with no jump button.
My first impressions of the game aren’t bad, but all the bullshit Platinum’s known for is tucked away deeper into the game, as per usual.
In terms of scoring though, it’s actually quite generous to get S+ ranks, but usually that amounts to doing the same things every fight. This game in particular feels like it barely has a juggle system as is, and if you want to go airborne, you have to tap ZL then press ZL+ZR, and when there’s command moves, parries, and dodges thrown into the mix with your already limited movement it just feels like you finagle most combat encounters by doing basic combos or just mashing both trigger buttons and B.
I think it legitimately has a lot of good ideas combatwise and it pulls a lot from Platinum’s mechanical backlog, but everything is so meshed together the only real good thing I can say about it is that it’s a half-baked Revengeance/NieR/Vanquish hybrid running 30fps at best on Switch.

Czargon the Red

kiwifarms.net
It’s a lot more grounded and action-RPG oriented than most of Platinum’s other fare. Think NieR Automata but just with no jump button.
My first impressions of the game aren’t bad, but all the bullshit Platinum’s known for is tucked away deeper into the game, as per usual.
In terms of scoring though, it’s actually quite generous to get S+ ranks, but usually that amounts to doing the same things every fight. This game in particular feels like it barely has a juggle system as is, and if you want to go airborne, you have to tap ZL then press ZL+ZR, and when there’s command moves, parries, and dodges thrown into the mix with your already limited movement it just feels like you finagle most combat encounters by doing basic combos or just mashing both trigger buttons and B.
I think it legitimately has a lot of good ideas combatwise and it pulls a lot from Platinum’s mechanical backlog, but everything is so meshed together the only real good thing I can say about it is that it’s a half-baked Revengeance/NieR/Vanquish hybrid running 30fps at best on Switch.
I'm just waiting to get a used copy for 25/30 bucks

Zeke Von Genbu

Behold my Blade PANDORIA
kiwifarms.net
I'm kinda just sitting here like, is Nintendo actually going to do something for the rest of this year? In terms of big name in-house titles that isn't port #512 or a minigame collection there's been New Horizons and Origami King, that's it. And as it stands now we have no word on what the hell they're doing for the foreseeable future. It feels like that scene in TLJ. "Tell us that there's a plan!"

I'd say this issue is due to Nintendo's arguable biggest strength, depending on who you ask, and its biggest issue is that when it comes to its console almost all the really notable titles are made in-house or basically in-house by some subsidiary like with Xenoblade, Pokemon, and Fire Emblem. So if the company is held back worldwide, then their entire console stutters.

Japan as far as I'm aware has really really shit means to "take your work home with you" for a tech company compared to say America, I know FFXIV's director had to explained to the community how they would have delays due to covid citing that Square Enix had little means to take their work home with them and how working at home is a foregin concept in Japan. The result of this statement was their next content patch (which typically takes about 3 and half months from the last one) took almost 3 extra months simply because Square Enix as a company had so little means to enable working at home. Working at home is a foreign concept over there as far as I can tell so they had to basically try to remedy that on the fly during the pandemic while trying to get work done.

So if multiple Nintendo projects are notably delayed, they probably took the choice of not showing anything because it isn't done enough to be worth showing. I mean Sakurai had to film the last smash direct in his house in I believe March for Min Min. Sony and Microsoft have various partners in American countries, which as far as I know have better infrastructure in place to work at home because it is more expected to work at home in western countries, so they could adjust faster. Plus Sony/Microsoft have more partners in general which helps smooth out the problem.

-4ZURE-

kiwifarms.net
also by 2 I assume you mean Bravely Default 2
I will admit to being out of the rpg circle, so thank you for the correction. I guess I mixed the two up.

I can understand when spirits were first revealed I felt similar in some ways but I dont think that aspect of discovery is lost necessarily, because even with spirits I found some games that got grabbed my interest (disaster: day of crisis and Hotel Dusk to name ones on the top of my head). But I can get how if a series has been dead for a while and the only source for models is in smash it can be infuriating to have that aspect be dead and buried.
Master pieces were fine for the time but the problem you run into is as smash gets further away from being just a "Nintendo Crossover" and into being a "video game crossover" is that alot of them just won't have their most iconic entries be there for a player to test out. plus Some games they tried to put in there just simply put didn't work for the format (earthbounds weird demo that starts you in the opening area comes to mind).
The chronicle suffers from this 10 fold as even in brawl we already had the fact they couldn't even reference what consoles MGS2 came out on, so as you get increasingly into that third party pool their additions to it would just feel off IMO
I'm not saying that there isn't room for improvement in that regard, like I do agree I wish spirits had descriptions or something but there's enough there to find some new games if you search out enough, as hard as it can be at times.
I think my issue is just the lack of much content overall. Outside of basic Smash, there is not much to do in comparison to Brawl and Melee. Spirits seem like a cool feature, but let’s not kid ourselves, it mostly boils down to you’re average Smash matches with a simple twist most of the time. Very few feel really throughout, most are just lava floor or guy has item, if not literally just a basic Smash match. They feel like Events and whether you see it as evolved or not depends on the person, as some will say the lack of mini story hurts it for them.

I think for me, Brawl and previous entries proved that Smash is and can be more than just a fighting game. Now I have no idea if it is lack of ambition as Sakurai just hates working on the franchise now, or the Melee crowd finally breaking him, but it Smash has kinda dropped much of extra elements that probably made the series for me and others. It feels like a basic fighting game now, the adventure and history aspects that were prevalent in Melee and Brawl being taken out.

All this to say, I think Brawl is my favorite entry still. It felt the most rounded and really played up the crossover aspect. It is not perfect, but I think I would rather take something filled with content and it’s own charm than a game crammed to the brim with characters and stages I will likely never use. Ultimate is great in what it is doing, I just have to accept the new direction, I guess that is all.

AKA the reason I'm holding out on getting FP 2, Byleth was fine considering the rest of the pack's high quality but a New Pokemon would jettison pretty much all my interest in FP2
I will be honest, I bought FP2. I wanted to play as Min Min and I thought it would be worth it to take the gamble. This is likely the last Smash with everyone together, so why not get the full experience?

I am guessing that FP2 will be fine. I will likely never get my favorite pick as Sakurai seems to disregard modern Kirby, so my expectations are always decently low. I just hope for some final big 3rd party mascots now. I enjoy the ones that are in currently as all feel important to gaming as a whole baring maybe Bayonetta and Banjo. I think it would be cool to get other characters that have had huge impacts. My top three are Doom Slayer because he is a father of the modern FPS, Crash Bandicoot as he is sorta at Sonic tier with the whole mascot of rival company, and Steve because Minecraft has pretty much had a stronghold on the past 10 years of gaming. Other than them, I could see 2B as another dirty Sony-Pony pick (jk) or maybe Sora if the Smash community can somehow get Square-Enix and Disney to not be huge pains for 5 seconds.

Otherwise, the characters are going to be Rex and Pyra or Pokemon.

The weird thing to about the fan base doing this on both sides is it seems to imply they don't have a backlog of games at all left unfinished, because on one hand a good thing about droughts like this is it allows people to catch up or just play obscure shit they wouldn't try otherwise. On the other however for the Switch Defense Force it feels like them trying to defend their 300 dollar purchase when they get a stick up their ass about people asking "where the video games", probably because for alot of these kids the switch was their first console
No, the main ones complaining are in their 30s. Most of them only play Mario, Zelda, Animal Crossing, and Smash. They are begging for more games because their reach is so absurdly narrow that they can never be pleased. They finished all their titles because, well because of course they have. They have barely any or any interest to play other games.

Really?

I will let you in on a secret. The only reason people are liking the Wii U now is just to whine about Switch.
The Switch had a few Wii U ports in 2018, so a group went back to declare the Wii U as excellent because the Switch has no games...Yada..Yada...

I doubt many actually care for the console. They just want to have a “things we’re better in my day” thing because Wii U had online and a bundle of games that are now being brought to Switch. The Wii U had good games, but it was far from a great system. It was behind in every regard and most games were rushed and half-baked. Sure there are gems like DKCTF, but they were hardly console sellers.

I would disagree. Nintendo systems just have a middle death period. They start with a bang and end on a high note. I do not believe trust is being squandered as you are still getting many games upfront, most of which are the reason people bought the console. The first year or two typically has Mario Kart, Smash, a 3D Mario game, a Zelda, probably a Mario sport, and some lesser franchises like Fire Emblem or Xenoblade that play to more niche demographics. They also typically end strong. While the Wii kinda sat in 2009, 2010 was a great year with Zelda, Kirby’s Epic Yarn, Donkey Kong, Mario Galaxy 2, and Metroid. Even the 3DS has a decent end with 2017 having Metroid 2: Samus Returns and Fire Emblem Echoes.

I am not sure what else Nintendo can really do. The system is not perfect, but you still get a lot of great titles.

I'd say this issue is due to Nintendo's arguable biggest strength, depending on who you ask, and its biggest issue is that when it comes to its console almost all the really notable titles are made in-house or basically in-house by some subsidiary like with Xenoblade, Pokemon, and Fire Emblem. So if the company is held back worldwide, then their entire console stutters.
It is sad since they do have partners outside Japan. Ubisoft is in France if you count them, Next-Level is Canada, and Retro is in Texas. The problem is that the western devs take a while to make titles, primarily Retro. When their titles come out, they are typically fantastic, but they are sort of a once-or-twice a console generation thing.

I wish Nintendo would reach out more though. I know this may be controversial to say, but the Western devs honestly seem better at making games. Retro and Next-Level are truly some of Nintendo’s best talent, especially Retro. It is sad to see Retro get into financial trouble as they felt like the perfect replacement to Rare. They got Donkey Kong, and in some ways, probably did better than the original DKC titles. They are a very special company, and Nintendo would be idiotic to lose them. Next-Level is a bit worse, but they take way more backlash than they deserve. The Luigi’s Mansion titles are fine, Punch-Out a great return, and Metroid Prime Federation Force was just mistimed, but decent overall.

• Informative
Reactions: Judge Dredd

ProblematicUser420

kiwifarms.net
Arlo bitching about Nintendo being silent

God Damn is Paper Mario even 2 weeks old yet? "They haven't announced anything!" calm the fuck down you already got 2 games this year and we know they're working on a BOTW sequel. I get Paper Mario was (surprise surprise) shit, but most of these people won't shut the fuck up about Animal Crossing so they have something to play. Better buckle up and assume that Christmas might be a bit light cause of the corona cock suckers. Nintendo isn't going to announce a release date until it's pretty much ready after the disaster that was BotWs development.

None of these people must have been gaming before the Wii if this is upsetting. I remember when the most I'd get when it came to game news was maybe a preview in a magazine and then nothing until the advertisements started showing up. It's like they don't even play the games they have they just want to constantly buy more.

-4ZURE-

kiwifarms.net
calm the fuck down you already got 2 games this year and we know they're working on a BOTW sequel.
We still got Xenoblade and Clubhouse 51 Games, that is at least 4 new games this year. Not to mention the Fire Emblem DLC in February and Smash DLC in January and only a few weeks ago. I think we also got an upgraded port of Tokyo Mirage in January.

We also know that Smash DLC is still in development, BOTW2 is in development, Bayonetta 3, and Metroid Prime 4. Not to mention SMTV and Nocturne.

I think what we have is serviceable for a year given the situation. It is a nice period to try new things such as the remake of the cult classic SpongeBob Battle for Bikini Bottom, or the port of Catherine, a game I am sure most Nintendo fans have not played yet will not because it is not Persona 5. There is also P5S coming at some point in America.

God Damn is Paper Mario even 2 weeks old yet? "They haven't announced anything!" calm the fuck down you already got 2 games this year and we know they're working on a BOTW sequel. I get Paper Mario was (surprise surprise) shit, but most of these people won't shut the fuck up about Animal Crossing so they have something to play. Better buckle up and assume that Christmas might be a bit light cause of the corona cock suckers. Nintendo isn't going to announce a release date until it's pretty much ready after the disaster that was BotWs development.

None of these people must have been gaming before the Wii if this is upsetting. I remember when the most I'd get when it came to game news was maybe a preview in a magazine and then nothing until the advertisements started showing up. It's like they don't even play the games they have they just want to constantly buy more.
Yeah, this is getting pathetic. I love Nintendo, but the need for them to provide is pretty sickening. I get it has been slow this year, but we had at least two great years beforehand, I think fans can take a break. Most have other systems, so why not try them for a bit. Or you know, play a game on the console not made by the big N. There are so many great third party from Catherine, SpongeBob, Crash, Spyro, Sonic, Mega Man, Bomber Man, indies, what have you? I have no idea why Nintendo fans feel the need to only play titles from Nintendo, and at worst, just Mario, Zelda, and Animal Crossing titles.

• Autistic
Reactions: SilkGnut

Czargon the Red

kiwifarms.net
We still got Xenoblade and Clubhouse 51 Games, that is at least 4 new games this year. Not to mention the Fire Emblem DLC in February and Smash DLC in January and only a few weeks ago. I think we also got an upgraded port of Tokyo Mirage in January.

We also know that Smash DLC is still in development, BOTW2 is in development, Bayonetta 3, and Metroid Prime 4. Not to mention SMTV and Nocturne.

I think what we have is serviceable for a year given the situation. It is a nice period to try new things such as the remake of the cult classic SpongeBob Battle for Bikini Bottom, or the port of Catherine, a game I am sure most Nintendo fans have not played yet will not because it is not Persona 5. There is also P5S coming at some point in America.

Yeah, this is getting pathetic. I love Nintendo, but the need for them to provide is pretty sickening. I get it has been slow this year, but we had at least two great years beforehand, I think fans can take a break. Most have other systems, so why not try them for a bit. Or you know, play a game on the console not made by the big N. There are so many great third party from Catherine, SpongeBob, Crash, Spyro, Sonic, Mega Man, Bomber Man, indies, what have you? I have no idea why Nintendo fans feel the need to only play titles from Nintendo, and at worst, just Mario, Zelda, and Animal Crossing titles.
Don't forget about the fucking Pokemon Mystery Dungeon remake.

We also know that there's still more Fire Emblem DLC on the way as well. Don't forget the rumored Mario 35th anniv. stuff that was sorta leaked or w/e back in jan/feb.

The Megaman Zero compilation, Spongebob remake, Catherine port, etc. It's all kosher isn't it.
I'm not jewish.

-4ZURE-

kiwifarms.net
Don't forget about the fucking Pokemon Mystery Dungeon remake.
I also forgot Sword and Shield DLC

As for future releases, how could I forget Pokemon Snap!

We also know that there's still more Fire Emblem DLC on the way as well.
There is?

Don't forget the rumored Mario 35th anniv. stuff that was sorta leaked or w/e back in jan/feb.
I am not going to count it, leaks are sort of a dime a dozen, so unless confirmed it is not fair to put on.

The Megaman Zero compilation, Spongebob remake, Catherine port, etc. It's all kosher isn't it.
Most fans likely will not play them, which is sad.

Czargon the Red

kiwifarms.net
I also forgot Sword and Shield DLC

As for future releases, how could I forget Pokemon Snap!

There is?

I am not going to count it, leaks are sort of a dime a dozen, so unless confirmed it is not fair to put on.

Most fans likely will not play them, which is sad.
Ashen Wolves was only wave 4 man.

Capcom/Bandai Namco have a sale every month or so. It's a darn shame if they don't pick something up from them.

Catherine's port has shit from autistic Persona fans as well as nintentards. Idk about Spongebob.

• Disagree
Reactions: Peru oso donas

CrippleThreat

At least my third leg is still working.
kiwifarms.net
Idk about Spongebob.
Technical issues (heard about frequent crashes) aside, I hear that it's a fun remastered game.

If I remember a point from a review, the Switch's default control scheme is messed up (It's backwards, iirc). Keep that in mind if you ever get the chance to play it.

Gamepad

kiwifarms.net
Catherine's port has shit from autistic Persona fans as well as nintentards. Idk about Spongebob.
Performance isn't great. On a base cart, it's uncapped framerate. If you got the day 1 patch, then shit got worse and you're better off without it. Patch 1.0.2 actually increases the resolution, but caps the framerate at 30 fps.

I'd say the devs gave up on trying to have the game run at 60 fps.

Czargon the Red

kiwifarms.net
Technical issues (heard about frequent crashes) aside, I hear that it's a fun remastered game.

If I remember a point from a review, the Switch's default control scheme is messed up (It's backwards, iirc). Keep that in mind if you ever get the chance to play it.
Performance isn't great. On a base cart, it's uncapped framerate. If you got the day 1 patch, then shit got worse and you're better off without it. Patch 1.0.2 actually increases the resolution, but caps the framerate at 30 fps.

I'd say the devs gave up on trying to have the game run at 60 fps.
yeah in all honesty I'll wait a year or so and grab it used somewhere. I like physical copies since they look nice on a shelf.

Anyone know where to buy used empty switch cases? I bought a used copy of the Yoshi game on the switch a while back but the case is damaged. The art's got some water damage but it's still alright. (Hey look it was like 28 bucks. )

CheezzyMach

Hulkamania Brother!
kiwifarms.net
I really don't understand why Nintendo insists on it's hardware being a gen behind. I'm not saying they have to pull a PS3 or Series X and make the most powerful system ever but it should alteast be on par with the standard of that generation.

The Wii U is kind of forgivable to me in that regard though given it launched a year prior to the PS4 and Xbone. * it's kinda like the Dreamcast in that regard *

The Wii and especially the Switch though have no excuse. At the least they should be as strong as the 360 and XbOne

Tags
None