Votes: 203 94.0%
  • No

Votes: 13 6.0%

• Total voters

-4ZURE-

Kill Every Last One of Them!
kiwifarms.net
Ashen Wolves was only wave 4 man.
Is there an actual confirmed 5th and 6th waves, or is this just rumors. Searching it up only seems to bring leaks.

Catherine's port has shit from autistic Persona fans as well as nintentards.
So are you against Catherine or for it, your wording is a little hard to read? I honestly found it to be a really great game after playing it.

Anyone know where to buy used empty switch cases? I bought a used copy of the Yoshi game on the switch a while back but the case is damaged. The art's got some water damage but it's still alright. (Hey look it was like 28 bucks. )
Just go on Ebay, there are tons of case sellers.

Technical issues (heard about frequent crashes) aside, I hear that it's a fun remastered game.

If I remember a point from a review, the Switch's default control scheme is messed up (It's backwards, iirc). Keep that in mind if you ever get the chance to play it.
The game is fun, but definitely a lot slower than the original. The control scheme is also, technically, not messed up. The issue is that the game devs assumed many would try to make their experience nostalgic. The buttons are mapped to create a perfect control scheme for the GameCube controller.

• Informative
Reactions: CrippleThreat

albertbrown26

#1 Bill Hicks fan
kiwifarms.net
man Astral Chain isn't going to get traction outside of being a cult classic type thing unless one of the characters gets in Smash huh.
Personally, I like Astral Chain so I wouldn’t mind it.
Now if we’re talking Ryza from Atelier Ryza, then you’d be onto something.

I tried finding a physical copy of her game on the NS, and almost all of them were supremely expensive :( Even the UK version, while not bad, is very rare to get.

TrannyJanny

kiwifarms.net
Don't know if anyone already mentioned the Paper Mario fandom but holy shit it can be vicious. Mainly when talking about which games are better. You have people you suck TTYD dick to people who irrationally dislike Super Paper Mario to the 5 people who like color splash.

Speaking of which, apparently origami king is shit and that sounds like a bummer.

• Agree
Reactions: Uncanny Valley

-4ZURE-

kiwifarms.net
Don't know if anyone already mentioned the Paper Mario fandom but holy shit it can be vicious. Mainly when talking about which games are better. You have people you suck TTYD dick to people who irrationally dislike Super Paper Mario to the 5 people who like color splash.

Speaking of which, apparently origami king is shit and that sounds like a bummer.
It has been talked about a great deal. I would read back through the earlier posts. This thread has basically been used to bash Paper Mario, Smash, Animal Crossing fans. Along with Fire Emblem and Xenoblade (anime game) haters.

Czargon the Red

kiwifarms.net
Is there an actual confirmed 5th and 6th waves, or is this just rumors. Searching it up only seems to bring leaks.

So are you against Catherine or for it, your wording is a little hard to read? I honestly found it to be a really great game after playing it.

Just go on Ebay, there are tons of case sellers.

The game is fun, but definitely a lot slower than the original. The control scheme is also, technically, not messed up. The issue is that the game devs assumed many would try to make their experience nostalgic. The buttons are mapped to create a perfect control scheme for the GameCube controller.
I could swear every FE discord I know has mentioned that the DLC is going in 5 waves. I could be mandela'd or sth.

I'm wholly for Catherine. I should have led with the fact that the Persona autists reviewbombed every SMT game on metacritic in response to the announcement of Catherine being ported to the switch. Let's not forget the #BreakPersonaFree autism on twitter
Personally, I like Astral Chain so I wouldn’t mind it.
Now if we’re talking Ryza from Atelier Ryza, then you’d be onto something.

I tried finding a physical copy of her game on the NS, and almost all of them were supremely expensive :( Even the UK version, while not bad, is very rare to get.
Atelier game physical copies are expensive as shit. I should play the ryza game but
->backlog

It has been talked about a great deal. I would read back through the earlier posts. This thread has basically been used to bash Paper Mario, Smash, Animal Crossing fans. Along with Fire Emblem and Xenoblade (anime game) haters.
You know what's funny about this is that the more they whine about it, the more Nintendo is gonna realize they can be as lazy as they want and just give us shit like Origami King, AC, and NSMB Deluxe U. That, and just rerelease OoT, Starfox 64, and Pokemon Kanto remakes over and over.

It's not that I dislike it, but this incessant whining might just send the wrong fucking message and never actually convince Nintendo to do something like a new F-Zero game if they keep it up.

whatever I feel like

Flu Friendly Furby
kiwifarms.net
I hear a lot of
I generally enjoy his content for the quirky high energy way he talks about stuff, but this definitely felt like a "I need ad revenue but I ran out of things to talk about" video.
I see a lot of people who aren't relying on ad revenue saying the same thing. But, on the other hand, it also doesn't take them 18 minutes to do so. That is what I hate about the youtube algorithm, the fact that it forces people to stretch thin content out. I am a a minute and a half in so far and he's yet to get to the fucking point.

• Agree

whatever I feel like

Flu Friendly Furby
kiwifarms.net
I could swear every FE discord I know has mentioned that the DLC is going in 5 waves. I could be mandela'd or sth.

I'm wholly for Catherine. I should have led with the fact that the Persona autists reviewbombed every SMT game on metacritic in response to the announcement of Catherine being ported to the switch. Let's not forget the #BreakPersonaFree autism on twitter

Atelier game physical copies are expensive as shit. I should play the ryza game but
->backlog

You know what's funny about this is that the more they whine about it, the more Nintendo is gonna realize they can be as lazy as they want and just give us shit like Origami King, AC, and NSMB Deluxe U. That, and just rerelease OoT, Starfox 64, and Pokemon Kanto remakes over and over.

It's not that I dislike it, but this incessant whining might just send the wrong fucking message and never actually convince Nintendo to do something like a new F-Zero game if they keep it up.
I disagree, Nintendo have clearly been trying to have at least one really big game a year.

2012 was the Wii U launch lineup.
Mario 3D World was 2013.
Smash was 2014 (with Mario Kart in the summer for two big games.)
Mario Maker was 2015 (and Splatoon was summer of that year, as a surprise hit.)
Zelda was early 2017 to launch with Switch but probably could have went in 2016 if it was a pure Wii U game.
Mario was fall of 2017 (and Splatoon 2 was a summer release.)
Smash was 2018.
2019 was supposed to be Animal Crossing and maybe Metroid, but AC got a delay and Metroid was totally rebooted.
2020 would have been, who knows... a lot of people really would treat a 3D Mario Allstars as on par with those previous entries, especially if 64 was a full remake. They could have intended BotW 2 to be in this slot. They could have had Metroid here originally. We know that BotW and Metroid are coming. We know they want those games to be big and be good. They wouldn't have canned the probably not all that bad Bamco Metroid if they didn't care.

Czargon the Red

kiwifarms.net
I disagree, Nintendo have clearly been trying to have at least one really big game a year.

2012 was the Wii U launch lineup.
Mario 3D World was 2013.
Smash was 2014 (with Mario Kart in the summer for two big games.)
Mario Maker was 2015 (and Splatoon was summer of that year, as a surprise hit.)
Zelda was early 2017 to launch with Switch but probably could have went in 2016 if it was a pure Wii U game.
Mario was fall of 2017 (and Splatoon 2 was a summer release.)
Smash was 2018.
2019 was supposed to be Animal Crossing and maybe Metroid, but AC got a delay and Metroid was totally rebooted.
2020 would have been, who knows... a lot of people really would treat a 3D Mario Allstars as on par with those previous entries, especially if 64 was a full remake. They could have intended BotW 2 to be in this slot. They could have had Metroid here originally. We know that BotW and Metroid are coming. We know they want those games to be big and be good. They wouldn't have canned the probably not all that bad Bamco Metroid if they didn't care.
2019 has Fire Emblem . . .Also Pokemon is pretty damned big. Link's Awakening is also pretty notable honestly. I think DQ11 Definitive Edition popped out too.

2020 is a combo wombo of AC/Xenoblade/Paper Mario. Possibly more on the way that isn't f2p. Honestly I think we got at least one more B-list Nintendo game coming this year.
Also we got a Pokemon mystery dungeon remake, a Tokyo Mirage Sessions Port, and idk what else. The biggest thing we've gotten this year has been AC. If that doesn't count, then I'd argue that either the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon game or Origami has probably been the biggest one this year. (We know Origami King is kinda cursed a little.)

• Thunk-Provoking

-4ZURE-

kiwifarms.net
Seems to be just speculation and data mines that likely mean nothing.

This was talked about earlier in the thread. We cannot be sure that Nintendo/Persona fans are to blame for the review bombing. During Catherine Full Body’s reveal, many found Rin to be a ”problematic” trans character and went on a SJW crusade against Atlus. Of course, they were completely mislead and wrong, but they are more likely the cause of the poor reviews.

> Luigi’s Mansion 3
> Fire Emblem Three Houses
> Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3
> Astral Chain
> Pokémon Sword & Shield
Just take your pick for the big 2019 release.

2020 is and likely always was going to be carried by Animal Crossing. Maybe the Mario Collection will happen and be the big title, but I think it is safe to say AC will be the giant title.

• Agree

whatever I feel like

Flu Friendly Furby
kiwifarms.net
2019 has Fire Emblem . . .Also Pokemon is pretty damned big. Link's Awakening is also pretty notable honestly. I think DQ11 Definitive Edition popped out too.

2020 is a combo wombo of AC/Xenoblade/Paper Mario. Possibly more on the way that isn't f2p. Honestly I think we got at least one more B-list Nintendo game coming this year.
Also we got a Pokemon mystery dungeon remake, a Tokyo Mirage Sessions Port, and idk what else. The biggest thing we've gotten this year has been AC. If that doesn't count, then I'd argue that either the Pokemon Mystery Dungeon game or Origami has probably been the biggest one this year. (We know Origami King is kinda cursed a little.)
Most of those are good games, but not big games/tent-pole titles. Well, except for Pokemon, but TPC marches to the beat of its own drum and because of that I specifically did not count their games, even though LGP/E and S/S definitely were tent-poles in their years. As I said, AC was intended as a tent-pole, but it was last year's tent-pole. The game got delayed. Nintendo has spent the better part of a decade mixing up its release of big and small games. This year might not get a big game in the fall (due to Covid, delays or both,) but it still has small games coming that have yet to be announced, and Nintendo has already announced BotW2 and Metroid Prime 4 for future years. Not every game has to be massive and not every game is going to be small.

To speak directly, the success of Nintendo in 2017 after the failures of 2012, I think, showed them that they can't just release NSMB and Nintendogs and expect to maintain marketshare. They have to make games for both audience segments, and they have risen to that challenge.

whatever I feel like

Flu Friendly Furby
kiwifarms.net
Also, sorry for the DP but I lack editing privileges (mods please merge)

But one final thing to keep in mind is this. Covid might have resulted in game delays, but its also resulted in a game sales boom. New games, old games, game systems, all of it. Even with just Animal Crossing, the Switch is out of stock everywhere and being scalped for a hundred more than base price. Nintendo has nothing to worry about sales-wise this year. They very well could just keep everything on hold until next year and not only "get away with it" but actually come out the better for it, even if it sucks for you and me. (They did this to end the GC and the Wii U and could easily do so again this year, even if for very different reasons.) And they aren't the only ones either, this year was supposed to be the year of Sonic, with Sonic news every month. That certainly never happened past March and its not because Sega HQ got turned into Pripyat.

Czargon the Red

kiwifarms.net
Seems to be just speculation and data mines that likely mean nothing.

This was talked about earlier in the thread. We cannot be sure that Nintendo/Persona fans are to blame for the review bombing. During Catherine Full Body’s reveal, many found Rin to be a ”problematic” trans character and went on a SJW crusade against Atlus. Of course, they were completely mislead and wrong, but they are more likely the cause of the poor reviews.

> Luigi’s Mansion 3
> Fire Emblem Three Houses
> Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3
> Astral Chain
> Pokémon Sword & Shield
Just take your pick for the big 2019 release.

2020 is and likely always was going to be carried by Animal Crossing. Maybe the Mario Collection will happen and be the big title, but I think it is safe to say AC will be the giant title.
Honest, Luigi's Mansion+Pokemon is a big dual hit. Luigi's Mansion 3 kinda blew up in sales iirc. Pokemon is eternally a great seller. FE is a solid B list Nintendo franchise and Marvel Ultimate Alliance had a fair bit of fanfare tbh, even if it did prove to be kind of just an average game. Astral Chain didn't do too well but it's got the makings of being a cult fave for the switch.

Most of those are good games, but not big games/tent-pole titles. Well, except for Pokemon, but TPC marches to the beat of its own drum and because of that I specifically did not count their games, even though LGP/E and S/S definitely were tent-poles in their years. As I said, AC was intended as a tent-pole, but it was last year's tent-pole. The game got delayed. Nintendo has spent the better part of a decade mixing up its release of big and small games. This year might not get a big game in the fall (due to Covid, delays or both,) but it still has small games coming that have yet to be announced, and Nintendo has already announced BotW2 and Metroid Prime 4 for future years. Not every game has to be massive and not every game is going to be small.

To speak directly, the success of Nintendo in 2017 after the failures of 2012, I think, showed them that they can't just release NSMB and Nintendogs and expect to maintain marketshare. They have to make games for both audience segments, and they have risen to that challenge.
Also, sorry for the DP but I lack editing privileges (mods please merge)

But one final thing to keep in mind is this. Covid might have resulted in game delays, but its also resulted in a game sales boom. New games, old games, game systems, all of it. Even with just Animal Crossing, the Switch is out of stock everywhere and being scalped for a hundred more than base price. Nintendo has nothing to worry about sales-wise this year. They very well could just keep everything on hold until next year and not only "get away with it" but actually come out the better for it, even if it sucks for you and me. (They did this to end the GC and the Wii U and could easily do so again this year, even if for very different reasons.) And they aren't the only ones either, this year was supposed to be the year of Sonic, with Sonic news every month. That certainly never happened past March and its not because Sega HQ got turned into Pripyat.
The Switch is out of stock because the factories in Malaysia/Philippines were locked down due to covid.
I'm 80% certain we've got a Bamco game coming this year, as well as another Capcom one.

You shouldn't count Pokemon as a seperate thing because it's literally the biggest multimedia franchise in the world lmao. It's also iconically Nintendo.

I'm 90% sure that Nintendo has at least one more full sized game for this year. I doubt it's BoTW2 bc covid though.

• Agree

whatever I feel like

Flu Friendly Furby
kiwifarms.net
Pokemon Company controls its own release schedule, thats why I don't put their releases into Nintendo's "strategy." And since Nintendo's strategy is what my original response was about it did not make sense to include them. The argument is whether Nintendo is going to push to break new ground with big games or whether it will play it safe by "realiz(ing) they can be as lazy as they want and just give us shit like Origami King, AC, and NSMB Deluxe U. That, and just rerelease OoT, Starfox 64, and Pokemon Kanto remakes over and over."

If your post proves anything, its that a lot of Nintendo's smaller games are either breaking new ground or at least being polished to a shine as well. There are lazy Nintendo releases, but there aren't that many of them. Even Nintendo's failures, by and large, at least look like they were trying. PMOK has a new battle system, NSMBU is a hell of a lot better than the Wii and 3DS versions, Arms is only the second game ever in its genre, Labo stands alone in its, TMS is a well made if poor selling game, Astral Chain and DEM are new franchises (DEM not even owned by Nintendo,) Bayonetta never sells well yet Nintendo keeps doubling down on it.

Czargon the Red

kiwifarms.net
Pokemon Company controls its own release schedule, thats why I don't put their releases into Nintendo's "strategy." And since Nintendo's strategy is what my original response was about it did not make sense to include them. The argument is whether Nintendo is going to push to break new ground with big games or whether it will play it safe by "realiz(ing) they can be as lazy as they want and just give us shit like Origami King, AC, and NSMB Deluxe U. That, and just rerelease OoT, Starfox 64, and Pokemon Kanto remakes over and over."

If your post proves anything, its that a lot of Nintendo's smaller games are either breaking new ground or at least being polished to a shine as well. There are lazy Nintendo releases, but there aren't that many of them. Even Nintendo's failures, by and large, at least look like they were trying. PMOK has a new battle system, NSMBU is a hell of a lot better than the Wii and 3DS versions, Arms is only the second game ever in its genre, Labo stands alone in its, TMS is a well made if poor selling game, Astral Chain and DEM are new franchises (DEM not even owned by Nintendo,) Bayonetta never sells well yet Nintendo keeps doubling down on it.
Just wait for Nintendo to port their mobile games to the switch.
Yes, I'm aware we have a few. Imagine how Pokemon Masters, Fire Emblem Heroes, Super Mario Run, and Pokemon Shuffle mobile do on the switch. . .

jesus

doulomb

kiwifarms.net
Here’s a supposed reupload. The sound mixing is god awful if this is the original.

It was not taken down.
Everyone in the comments section is roasting them.

They claim the usage of partner means gay. They also disrespect Japan for not being inclusive as they have a boy and girl option. I guess the cat girl also talks about a lesbian tv show?

edit: Information below not confirmed and are rumors going around
For more background, the reason the American version has a style option over gender was apparently due to threats sent at NA headquarters. They were heavily pressured by activist to change and it seems Americans are trying to pressure Japan to do the same as well.
Imagine caring about the kinks/fetishes/sexualities/genders of a character in a children's video game

doulomb

kiwifarms.net
Speaking on AC, I hit the jackpot in a sense and got Raymond as my first or second villager right at the start of the game. I didnt give a particular shit about him until I found out I could lord him over others who were spending 800 tickets to try and grind him out like a gacha game.

And yeah, I really hate how the series has become a sort of instagram/twitter focused thing.

-4ZURE-

kiwifarms.net
To speak directly, the success of Nintendo in 2017 after the failures of 2012, I think, showed them that they can't just release NSMB and Nintendogs and expect to maintain marketshare.
I hope we never go back to NSMBU, those games were boring and uninspired to a T.

Marvel Ultimate Alliance had a fair bit of fanfare tbh, even if it did prove to be kind of just an average game.
I feel like most forgot it happened. I was excited for it, but after playing it, the grinding was far too much. If they had just made it simpler like 1 & 2 it could have been great, but instead we have the slog known as the rift and characters needing to be individually leveled, in a cast of over 30. Too many poor decisions bogged it down.

Fire Emblem Heroes
Honestly surprised it is not on Switch.

And yeah, I really hate how the series has become a sort of instagram/twitter focused thing.
The games lost their charm slowly. Now villagers are just decorations for Twitter girls to show off. While the island features are nice, it came at the expense of the social simulation.

Czargon the Red

kiwifarms.net
I hope we never go back to NSMBU, those games were boring and uninspired to a T.

I feel like most forgot it happened. I was excited for it, but after playing it, the grinding was far too much. If they had just made it simpler like 1 & 2 it could have been great, but instead we have the slog known as the rift and characters needing to be individually leveled, in a cast of over 30. Too many poor decisions bogged it down.

Honestly surprised it is not on Switch.

The games lost their charm slowly. Now villagers are just decorations for Twitter girls to show off. While the island features are nice, it came at the expense of the social simulation.
IMO Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3's grinding issue could be solved if they had something like the crystals in Fire Emblem Heroes just be droppable loot.
(Take notes devs.)

How long until we get an Injustice 2 port? Or even the OG Injustice?

Tags
None