Does Nintendo have a bad fanbase

• Yes

Votes: 203 94.0%
  • No

Votes: 13 6.0%

• Total voters

Gamepad

kiwifarms.net
The Wii and especially the Switch though have no excuse. At the least they should be as strong as the 360 and XbOne
The Switch is even weirder. It's preexisting hardware, specifically an Nvidia Shield, and it's watered down to boot in order to lower power consumption. Versus the rest which was mostly custom stuff, the scene saw from miles ahead what the console could do, and also found out about vulnerabilities ahead of time.

That's also on Nintendo for not even bothering to patch out a known hardware vulnerability until way later.

I remember when it was announced, with the fanboys gushing about revolutionary hardware. My take at the time was that it'd run on stock when docked, and severely downclock itself when handheld. 'lo and behold, it's friggin' downclocked from stock even when docked, and is even worse when handheld. A Shield is half-way decent, but a Switch is worse.

To top it off, the Switch Lite with its smaller process chips, wound up being the lowest common denominator running at the same specs as the handheld mode, but permanently.

ProblematicUser420

kiwifarms.net
SERIOUSLY Nintendo - What's With The Switch in 2020?!

This dude started popping up in my Youtube recommends a couple weeks ago. Why do all these Nintendo youtubers have the same voice? It's really starting to bother me.

Anyway, pretty much the same shit that the other Youtubers have been bitching about. I think you guys are right and these people just need to bitch to have content.

FeatherDuster

"YOU JUDGEMENTAL CUNT"
kiwifarms.net

This dude started popping up in my Youtube recommends a couple weeks ago. Why do all these Nintendo youtubers have the same voice? It's really starting to bother me.

Anyway, pretty much the same shit that the other Youtubers have been bitching about. I think you guys are right and these people just need to bitch to have content.
Holy shit his face is fucking ugly, he looks mentally retarded.
down syndrome.PNG

-4ZURE-

Kill Every Last One of Them!
kiwifarms.net

Holy shit his face is fucking ugly, he looks mentally retarded.
View attachment 1486339
This is the same guy that gave CTR Nitro Fueled a terrible review because he had no idea how to play the game.

-4ZURE-

kiwifarms.net
how do you fail at a kart racer.
Crash can be a little hard to get a hang of, but once you do the game is way more fun than other kart racers. I honestly debate it being my favorite of the genre, only thing stopping it is Sega All-Stars Racing Transformed.

" We of course have Mario Kart 8 Deluxe which is the grandaddy, the father figure of all other kart racing games that are currently on the market "
I assume he meant Mario Kart as a series.
Must say, Mario Kart is really the least fun of the big kart racers at this point. Sonic and Crash really trump it.

doulomb

kiwifarms.net
The Switch is even weirder. It's preexisting hardware, specifically an Nvidia Shield, and it's watered down to boot in order to lower power consumption. Versus the rest which was mostly custom stuff, the scene saw from miles ahead what the console could do, and also found out about vulnerabilities ahead of time.

That's also on Nintendo for not even bothering to patch out a known hardware vulnerability until way later.
Having been a switch hacker in a previous life, it was really the fault of NVIDIA, but you are right that this was something that could have been seen coming. IIRC the vulnerability was not known ahead of time, but rather because the switch was essentially an off the shelf processor, it meant it was very easy for people to play around with the security system using Tegra phones, or the Tegra Jetson development board.

Security by obscurity does actually help to a degree. The main benefit was that hackers could jump right to the 3rd security level by using the development boards since they were unlocked to a degree that the switch wasn't. It also meant that the hackers didnt have to do it blind and map out the system by themselves. They had development documents too.

The funniest part though, is that the Tegra chip was actually designed to have a bootloader update capability, but this was intentionally burned out at the factory, because they were concerned that if it wasn't implemented properly, it might allow hackers to patch the bootloader themselves. They shot themselves in the foot there too.

Aberforth

Straight A student in special ed.
kiwifarms.net
Arlo bitching about Nintendo being silent

God Damn is Paper Mario even 2 weeks old yet? "They haven't announced anything!" calm the fuck down you already got 2 games this year and we know they're working on a BOTW sequel. I get Paper Mario was (surprise surprise) shit, but most of these people won't shut the fuck up about Animal Crossing so they have something to play. Better buckle up and assume that Christmas might be a bit light cause of the corona cock suckers. Nintendo isn't going to announce a release date until it's pretty much ready after the disaster that was BotWs development.

None of these people must have been gaming before the Wii if this is upsetting. I remember when the most I'd get when it came to game news was maybe a preview in a magazine and then nothing until the advertisements started showing up. It's like they don't even play the games they have they just want to constantly buy more.
I remember replaying games over and over as a kid. If any of the whiners are kids, this means they're spoiled ones who get any new game they want. Probably never even seen the treasures within the bargain bin.

There's millions of fantastic freeware games that will run on anything. They don't even need the bargain bin to find gems. That not enough? PS1 emulator and a Symphony of the Night ISO. Even a budget phone can run that.

rotollo

TFW No Tomboy GF
kiwifarms.net
Sonic and Crash really trump it.
If you mean SAR transformed yes, if you mean team sonic racing hell no

I remember when it was announced, with the fanboys gushing about revolutionary hardware. My take at the time was that it'd run on stock when docked, and severely downclock itself when handheld. 'lo and behold, it's friggin' downclocked from stock even when docked, and is even worse when handheld. A Shield is half-way decent, but a Switch is worse.

To top it off, the Switch Lite with its smaller process chips, wound up being the lowest common denominator running at the same specs as the handheld mode, but permanently.
Is it really patching out if you needed an entire new model to fix the hardware issue? the Jig hack will work either way on older models so nintendo is more fucked than sony when they made the psp hacks second nature because with the psp at least the nintendo hacking community wasn't on it as dedicated as they are.
The funniest part though, is that the Tegra chip was actually designed to have a bootloader update capability, but this was intentionally burned out at the factory, because they were concerned that if it wasn't implemented properly, it might allow hackers to patch the bootloader themselves. They shot themselves in the foot there too.
Source or is this just an inference on it being the only logical reason why it would be left like that? because if they admited that on documentation jesus someone is gonna get fired
That not enough? PS1 emulator and a Symphony of the Night ISO. Even a budget phone can run that.
Emuparidse is "dead" and little johnny doesn't know any other sites that won't give his phone digital aids, emulation is alot easier but still too complex for alot of these guys. plus alot of these people still don't like piracy even for when its for games that are out of print and would only be funding second hand resellers

Reactions: Sundae

doulomb

kiwifarms.net
Source or is this just an inference on it being the only logical reason why it would be left like that? because if they admited that on documentation jesus someone is gonna get fired
I forget if there is a direct quote of "yeah we did it for this reason", but the system has a documented bootloader patching system called iPatches, which are intended to be used for this purpose per NVIDIA's general Tegra docs.

The switch is one of the only Tegra systems where its just completely shut down like that so, while not absolutely confirmed, it is a reasonable inference. Also, when they did fix it, what they did was use this system to fix it at the factory, and then lock it down.

there is a bit of info explaining it here:

• Informative
Reactions: rotollo

Jimmy Durante's Ballsack

Live a little
kiwifarms.net
This is the same guy that gave CTR Nitro Fueled a terrible review because he had no idea how to play the game.
RGT gets a bad rap for this review; furthermore he was mostly right in his assessment. Crash Team Racing is a good game but it's definitely unfair and this comes through with the remake as well. And I fucking love CTR and the ramake, it's a ton of fun to play which is what matters the most. One of the things I actually do like is that the "asshole AI" is different each race, unlike in Kart; and this does mitigate some of the unfairness, but the AI in Crash is at least a little ridiculous. It's certainly better than whatever mediocre game Sonic is shoveling into our faces at any given moment. But it isn't better than Mario Kart, especially Mario Kart 8. That game is just phenomenal. CTR is merely great. Which is great!

I still meet up with some childhood friends once or twice a month multiplayer fun. Crash and Kart are mainstays; we still play the older versions when one of us goes through the trouble to transport an older console along with us. Nintendo has a lot of weirdness about online multiplayer, but I can't knock them for always including a local multiplayer component. No multiplayer experience beats the local multiplayer experience. Having everyone in the same room is a blast.

Also this made me laugh:
Having been a switch hacker in a previous life
No disrespect meant, it's just funny. The Switch came out three and a half years ago. I usually associate "a previous life" with larger spans of time than that. But your conversation up there was pretty interesting and I'm glad there are people like you out there. These newer consoles are way beyond me in terms of modding and hacking. Give me a SNES or a Genesis. :feels:

rotollo

TFW No Tomboy GF
kiwifarms.net
Holy shit, its MarioTehPlumber

View attachment 1486823
Oh this brings back memories, as a side note I'm still surprised people took this guy seriously back in the day, even when he bought the Rosalina amiibos it was an act. I know Poes law and all that, but if people couldnt tell this:
They are the Real Morans, kinda miss this style of satire nowadays. The lack of it is probably why alot of these gaming channels get so far up their own ass if I'm being honest

Czargon the Red

kiwifarms.net
Oh this brings back memories, as a side note I'm still surprised people took this guy seriously back in the day, even when he bought the Rosalina amiibos it was an act. I know Poes law and all that, but if people couldnt tell this:
They are the Real Morans, kinda miss this style of satire nowadays. The lack of it is probably why alot of these gaming channels get so far up their own ass if I'm being honest
I only watch James Rolfe and Scott Wozniak. I used to watch The Completionist regularly, but I kinda only watch him these days if it's a game I'm interested in.

Marissa Moira

kiwifarms.net
" We of course have Mario Kart 8 Deluxe which is the grandaddy, the father figure of all other kart racing games that are currently on the market "

Fucking WHAT.
It was probably the series that popularized character racing games, but it wasn't the series that invented it.

Marissa Moira

kiwifarms.net
Now if we’re talking Ryza from Atelier Ryza, then you’d be onto something.

I tried finding a physical copy of her game on the NS, and almost all of them were supremely expensive :( Even the UK version, while not bad, is very rare to get.
They're going for a simultaneous world wide release for the sequel. But they've been reprinting the first game for awhile now.

You can get the PS4 version for 40 bucks brand new on Amazon. IIRC the switch version didn't sell as much as the PS4 one did worldwide, and those little cards are apparently more expensive to manufacture than a blu-ray.

• Informative
Reactions: albertbrown26

-4ZURE-

kiwifarms.net
RGT gets a bad rap for this review; furthermore he was mostly right in his assessment. Crash Team Racing is a good game but it's definitely unfair and this comes through with the remake as well. And I fucking love CTR and the ramake, it's a ton of fun to play which is what matters the most. One of the things I actually do like is that the "asshole AI" is different each race, unlike in Kart; and this does mitigate some of the unfairness, but the AI in Crash is at least a little ridiculous. It's certainly better than whatever mediocre game Sonic is shoveling into our faces at any given moment. But it isn't better than Mario Kart, especially Mario Kart 8. That game is just phenomenal. CTR is merely great. Which is great!
He kinda deserves it. Just looking at the gameplay, it is clear that he did not adjust at all to this game and he lacks knowledge of very basic mechanics. One of the big things people kept pointing out was how he did not collect wumpa, yet complained about speed. Wumpa is basically just the coins from MK8D, how did he miss it? There was also just a lack of using the boost mechanics as he went down straight paths as if it was MK8D. The game is hard, but it certainly is easier to grasp than he made it out to be. I never played a Crash racer prior to it, yet it took me a few hours in between days and I could start performing well.

IDK, I think he was to hard. The game is challenging, yes, but it is not unfair. There is no big end all item that can come swooping in at last second like in MK. The better you get, the more guaranteed a victory. I may be biased though as I did grind and actually managed to get all Platinum Relics in Adventure Mode and have beaten every non-Grand Prix Oxide time.

Sonic is shoveling into our faces
But Sonic’s kart racers are good, like really good. Ever since Sumo Digital took over, the Sonic racing games have been very high quality.

If you mean SAR transformed yes, if you mean team sonic racing hell no
I honestly have more fun with Team Sonic Racing, than I do with Mario Kart. Granted, it definitely needs more content and characters, but the mechanics are way smoother and faster. I also think the sling-shot mechanics are fun to utilize.

I would also say that Team improved upon SAR’s Adventure Mode. SAR was great, but Adventure Mode was terrible at times. Sonic negates this by making requirements easier and by not having the terrible activities that plagued SAR. There are very few highway stages, thank God, and they removed the tank battles entirely. The new drift challenges are actually good fun and encourage skill.

Yeah, I like TSR. It does not match the heights of SAR as the course design is more static and has less flare, but the mechanics are still there.

Jimmy Durante's Ballsack

Live a little
kiwifarms.net
He kinda deserves it. Just looking at the gameplay, it is clear that he did not adjust at all to this game and he lacks knowledge of very basic mechanics. One of the big things people kept pointing out was how he did not collect wumpa, yet complained about speed. Wumpa is basically just the coins from MK8D, how did he miss it? There was also just a lack of using the boost mechanics as he went down straight paths as if it was MK8D. The game is hard, but it certainly is easier to grasp than he made it out to be. I never played a Crash racer prior to it, yet it took me a few hours in between days and I could start performing well.
I will give you that point; RGT definitely drifted left when he should have gone right a few times and was late on his weapon deploys.

But that doesn't mean that CTR isn't kinda unfair. I've played that game since it was released at the tail end of the 90s. It's totally unfair in ways that makes Mario Kart blush. And as for Sonic Racing games... man I just really want them to improve it. To have three solid kart racers would be the very best. Road Redemption (while great) is just not top-tier.

Tags
None