Nintendo Labo Salt - WHERE'S MY SMASH REEEEEEEE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bubsy

It's nothing purrsonal.
kiwifarms.net
I love how so many people are completely unaware that for a very long time Nintendo was a Japanese toy company that spent some time dabbling with video games starting with a pong clone called the Color TV game and the Game and Watch before going all in with the arcades and the NES/Famicom.

The original version of Duck Hunt in the 70s was literally a projector and toy gun where you set it up and then you shoot the images of ducks that it displays and it could tell whether or not you hit the duck.

Cubanodun

Pixel Perfect Troll
kiwifarms.net
This looks really cool in my opinion. But $80? Fuck outta here
The nintendrones are the kind of spergs that bitch and moan for 80$ for a game with carboards but are willing to pay 200 bucks for Nintendo/Super Nintendo mini or amiboos when there is emulators and the amiboos dont give any kind of advantage

I actually find this pretty nice, expect the usual spergs making mods with 3D printers

IMO i like the fishing rod, can we have a good fishing game like Sega bass fishing?

Cubanodun

Pixel Perfect Troll
kiwifarms.net
I can't wait to see Nintendo file copyright claims against DIY Youtube channels for making "There I just saved you 20 bucks" videos.
Doubt it, Youtube is full of spergs that replicated the NES/SNES mini with 3D printers that are way better than the original, Nintendo fans prefer original and straight from the cow, that is why they sperg so much about the virtual console when you can just emulate almost everything in a toaster

Cure Milquetoast

kiwifarms.net
Literally nothing. In fact that's kind of what I hinted toward in my post in the Games forum thread about this. Anyone with a razor blade and a ruler can make their own Ludo sets, and it's a guaranteed bet that there are going to be dozens if not hundreds of imitations that pop up for sale dirt cheap on sites like AliExpress and such.

Though I did hypothesize that the official Ludo kits from Nintendo will eventually become worth something in the future, specifically because these things just aren't built to last and are more prone to damage than almost anything else Nintendo has ever produced. There's a premium among gamers and collectors that comes with something that has the Nintendo name on it. Not many of these things are going to survive long term, so if you're willing to make the investment and then sit on some mint-in-box Ludos I am almost certain you'll be able to flip them to some idiot in the future for hundreds of dollars.
I think until the Average Public figures out that they can just make their own replacement Ludos (the Average Public meaning "kids who don't think and uncreative adults who placate them") after the designs come out, what Nintendo will do is offer cheaper replacement parts alongside the actual kit. I mean, that's why they went for this cardboardy approach in general compared to more traditional plastic peripherals: it doesn't really cost Nintendo much to make, the cardboard is biodegradable/recyclable and thus they can claim less impact on the environment, you need to physically construct the toy which appeases the technology-destroys-family-time-but-my-child-wants-to-fit-in demographic (look we can build this TOGETHER and BOND), and they'll be just flimsy enough that dumb bastard kids will ask for enough Nintendo-brand replacement kits before their parents either give up, buy a knockoff, or make their own.

If we're going on the assumption that the original kits sell extremely well, they won't have much to lose if people don't want to buy the Nintendo-brand replacement kits. However, the drawbacks are unmistakably clear, so we'll have to wait and see.

• Agree
Reactions: Long time lurker

Slamerella

If I won't do it, then who will?
kiwifarms.net
I love how so many people are completely unaware that for a very long time Nintendo was a Japanese toy company that spent some time dabbling with video games starting with a pong clone called the Color TV game and the Game and Watch before going all in with the arcades and the NES/Famicom.

The original version of Duck Hunt in the 70s was literally a projector and toy gun where you set it up and then you shoot the images of ducks that it displays and it could tell whether or not you hit the duck.
My personal take is this. People are saying that this isn't meant for adults but instead meant for children. This cardboard creation kit is on the same console as this.
upload_2018-1-17_23-4-7.png

I think my theoretical son would hate me forever if I got him "Metal Gear Peace Walker injoke made into a reality: the game" and not "The Return of Christ in Video Game Form"

Doug_Hitzel

A healthy, young man
kiwifarms.net
Are the labo kits
I think until the Average Public figures out that they can just make their own replacement Ludos (the Average Public meaning "kids who don't think and uncreative adults who placate them") after the designs come out, what Nintendo will do is offer cheaper replacement parts alongside the actual kit. I mean, that's why they went for this cardboardy approach in general compared to more traditional plastic peripherals: it doesn't really cost Nintendo much to make, the cardboard is biodegradable/recyclable and thus they can claim less impact on the environment, you need to physically construct the toy which appeases the technology-destroys-family-time-but-my-child-wants-to-fit-in demographic (look we can build this TOGETHER and BOND), and they'll be just flimsy enough that dumb bastard kids will ask for enough Nintendo-brand replacement kits before their parents either give up, buy a knockoff, or make their own.

If we're going on the assumption that the original kits sell extremely well, they won't have much to lose if people don't want to buy the Nintendo-brand replacement kits. However, the drawbacks are unmistakably clear, so we'll have to wait and see.
You’d need some IR stickers as well, so it is not enough to copy the cardboard parts.

AngeloTheWizard

Bringer of amusing Let's Sperg threads
kiwifarms.net
Nintendo board meeting: "Hey, guys! I just remembered! We're a fucking toy company, let's make a fucking toy for our next console!"
Switch comes out and is met with thunderous applause, eclipsing the abortion that was the Wii U inside a year's time.
"Hey, that worked! Let's make more toys!"
Nintendo releases a bunch of cardboard toys, and the REE was heard around the world.

Seriously, people forget that Nintendo makes toys. They have always made toys. Back in the 60s, they made fucking playing cards. Exhibit A:

Link in case the image is broken like it is for me.

Exhibit B: Pin Up Playing Cards from Nintendo, I am not making this up, you can see the "Nintendo Playing Cards" logo right in the first picture on the post.

The Switch is just a big, expensive toy. Wrap your head around that and you become a better person.

Ponderous Pillock

Welcome to Triple T, Tards, Troons and Trolls!
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Man, this actually looks like a lot of fun as a cute addon goes. The whole fishing rod and piano thing looks great.

$70 for the game at, what? $50 or so, so $20 for the cardboard kits?

I think these spergs don't realise that Nintendo's strategy is a wide broadside across the whole of the gaming spectrum, with the Switch even aggressively going after mobile gaming thanks to its portability. They made boatloads of cash using this strategy with the Wii and are repeating it again for the Switch.

But hey, angry tards gotta tard, eh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tags
None

About Us

The Kiwi Farms is about eccentric individuals and communities on the Internet. We call them lolcows because they can be milked for amusement or laughs. Our community is bizarrely diverse and spectators are encouraged to join the discussion.

We do not place intrusive ads, host malware, sell data, or run crypto miners with your browser. If you experience these things, you have a virus. If your malware system says otherwise, it is faulty.

Supporting the Forum

How to Help

The Kiwi Farms is constantly attacked by insane people and very expensive to run. It would not be here without community support.

BTC: 1DgS5RfHw7xA82Yxa5BtgZL65ngwSk6bmm
ETH: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
BAT: 0xc1071c60Ae27C8CC3c834E11289205f8F9C78CA5
LTC: LSZsFCLUreXAZ9oyc9JRUiRwbhkLCsFi4q
XMR: 438fUMciiahbYemDyww6afT1atgqK3tSTX25SEmYknpmenTR6wvXDMeco1ThX2E8gBQgm9eKd1KAtEQvKzNMFrmjJJpiino