Nintendo Source code leak - source for games, DS emulator, prototypes and more -

tehpope

Archivist
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
Star Fox 2 beta footage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OHnG9T9JBdI

Various OOT code things:
https://archive.vn/Y2DHG
af triforce scene transition.png

Level listing:
oot internal level list 1.pngoot internal level list 2.png

Item Stuff
oot goron bracelet.pngoot various arrows.pngoot fuck shot.png

Apparent proof that MM was going to use a full week instead 3 days somewhere in development.

AC for gamecube was essentially magic to me as a kid. It required a dedicated memory card, and pretty quickly into playing it I realized that you could eject the disc at the title screen and keep playing. I never looked into it but my guess is that because the game was for n64, the whole thing could fit in the gamecube's ram. Hooking my gameboy and going to the island was also a crazy thing to me.

Once I learned about the post-office item codes online, I started experimenting with the weirder items, and once I got an Action Replay and started doing things like no clipping and generating broken items and NES games, things got even crazier. As a kid, the idea that I could be playing these old NES games was nothing short of magic. It's how I beat punch out as a kid.

It was also super-japanese at a time when those sorts of games never got localized.
The ISO for Animal Crossing is like 24mb. Its padded to 1.4gb.

E: I showed off that beta Kokiri forest model yesterday. Someone got it running.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1Q3aKieUQo

Last edited:

XYZpdq

fbi most wanted sskealeaton
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
AC for gamecube was essentially magic to me as a kid. It required a dedicated memory card, and pretty quickly into playing it I realized that you could eject the disc at the title screen and keep playing. I never looked into it but my guess is that because the game was for n64, the whole thing could fit in the gamecube's ram. Hooking my gameboy and going to the island was also a crazy thing to me.
iirc I heard a bunch of stories of that helping AC get very big at colleges, you could just mooch it from you buddy and leave the GC running

tehpope

Archivist
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
SNES map editor for Yoshi's Island. Apparently works with the SNES mouse and can use a peripheral to connect to a PC. Screen shots showing editing the title screen.
yoshi island map editor.pngyoshi island map editor 2.png

Beta North Clocktown from Majora's Mask
mm beta north clocktown.pngmm beta north clocktown 2.png

Old but, beta Yoshi gif.
1595652291631.gif

And a Joke
Screenshot_20200726-153523.png

Looking through some of the audio for Super Mario Advance, there's tracks for each character (Toad, Peach, Luigi, Mario) that have alt names for the game. Super Mario Bros Deluxe 2, Super Mario Bros 2 Deluxe, Super Mario USA Advance

Where is my Peach
Beta sm64 Peach
crab hands peach.png

Where was this? I only found Unix copies so far.
marioAGB/graphic_data/

Last edited:

jellycar

Hello, I'm Shelley Duvall
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
SNES map editor for Yoshi's Island. Apparently works with the SNES mouse and can use a peripheral to connect to a PC. Screen shots showing editing the title screen.
View attachment 1476712View attachment 1476711

View attachment 1476714View attachment 1476713

Old but, beta Yoshi gif.
View attachment 1476723

And a Joke
View attachment 1476718

Looking through some of the audio for Super Mario Advance, there's tracks for each character (Toad, Peach, Luigi, Mario) that have alt names for the game. Super Mario Bros Deluxe 2, Super Mario Bros 2 Deluxe, Super Mario USA Advance

Beta sm64 Peach
View attachment 1476706

marioAGB/graphic_data/
Aw man this makes me realize metal peach was such a wasted opportunity

Xenomorphs Are Cute

kiwifarms.net
I know I was crushing hard on the girls when I played the game as a kid, I would have loved an actual "dating sim" element.
They should just make one for the luls, even KFC did that & everyone loved it. But if Nintendo is smart enough to know the community, they should make Link an option in some way too.

Everyone wants to fuck the elf twink
View attachment 1476712View attachment 1476711

View attachment 1476714View attachment 1476713

Old but, beta Yoshi gif.
View attachment 1476723

And a Joke
View attachment 1476718

Beta sm64 Peach
View attachment 1476706

marioAGB/graphic_data/
Yoshi feels fucking cursed for some reason.

Last edited:

Vapewizard

kiwifarms.net
I miss the weird quirky vibe of early Animal Crossing. With New Leaf and especially New Horizons the game has taken a turn towards being focused on being more...Instagrammable, to put it one way.
I mentioned this in the AC thread too but I never noticed before how much the series had shifted until I was shown a timeline of how progressively the player got more power to shape the town in each game while simultaneously the animal villager personalities got dumbed down until they were pretty much just talking decorations. The series really was deliberately made into a town builder fashion sim game to appeal to the casual twitter/insta market instead of a life simulator.

Yoshi feels fucking cursed for some reason.
Some people call it slenderyoshi and I agree.

XYZpdq

fbi most wanted sskealeaton
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
does anyone know why street fighter would be in a yoshi's island prototype? attached file has images of strings found in the sleep_test0.bin hex.
I recall something about how proto carts will sometimes have random chunks of other games due to the way the cart flashing worked. Like if you used a cart as SF then later reused it for Yoshi the parts that didn't get written to for Yoshi might have some SF left.
Maybe that's involved?

bruh3

kiwifarms.net
I recall something about how proto carts will sometimes have random chunks of other games due to the way the cart flashing worked. Like if you used a cart as SF then later reused it for Yoshi the parts that didn't get written to for Yoshi might have some SF left.
Maybe that's involved?
thanks for clearing that up

Smaug's Smokey Hole

no corona
kiwifarms.net
I realized that you could eject the disc at the title screen and keep playing. I never looked into it but my guess is that because the game was for n64, the whole thing could fit in the gamecube's ram.
Oh absolutely, it was a 64DD game from the start, that was the disk drive for the N64. It had a capacity of 64MB and the Gamecube had 43MB of RAM.

Animal Crossing was one of a couple of titles that got a direct ported over, Doshin the Giant was one and Cubivore was just like AC in that they had a pretty much finished game but no platform to release it on - the 64DD flopped hard and it wouldn't be long until the Gamecube was released.

TaimuRadiu

Kaiserin
kiwifarms.net
Interesting stuff that seems to have come out, gleaned from 4chan/twitter:

URA Zelda has been found! It's... the Gamecube Master Quest, with assets from Majora's Mask in the directory, for some reason. There's not enough code to compile to a disk. The internal name is Zelda X, because the X makes it sound cool.

Assets for a prototype of Link's Awakening called Dreaming Island.

Alpha build of StarFox back when it was called Star Glider.

Assets for a 16 bit remake of Zelda 2.

Assets for a version of Super Mario World that predates what we got with a Super Mario Bros 3 style world map. NOT the 1988 Super Famicom demo, but there's (apparently?) Raccoon Mario in the build.

A version of what would later become Yoshi's Island called "Super Donkey," from 1993.

Super Mario All Stars was called MARIO CD in development, which seems to indicate that it was for the SNES CD.

Prototype build of Super Castlevania 4.

For some reason, a translated version of Super Mario 64 Shindou edition, with ... no rumble support. I don't know enough as to what the difference between this and the regular version is that's not rumble, bugfixes?

Go ahead and rate me late, I'm super excited about this and I just now saw this thread.

tehpope

Archivist
True & Honest Fan
kiwifarms.net
For some reason, a translated version of Super Mario 64 Shindou edition, with ... no rumble support. I don't know enough as to what the difference between this and the regular version is that's not rumble, bugfixes?
My theory is that its an inbetween version between the Japanese Shindou edition and the iQue version. They ported the Shindou codebase to an english version for easier translation. The shindou version was used because it was the final version of the game made for the 64. The reason it has no rumbe is because the iQue doesn't have that at all.

Tags
None